Welcome to the PaSaRyu Academy of Northwest Arkansas Homepage!
PaSaRyu Karate is an eclectic martial art taught in a traditional manner. The PaSaRyu Martial Artist Association is the organization of Master Kang Rhee of Memphis, Tennessee, the renowned instructor of Bill "Superfoot" Wallace and Elvis Presley. (See link below)
Background Information on Mr. Meek:
My name is David Meek and like many of you here in Northwest Arkansas I was relocated along with my family to the area.
As a husband and a father of two I understand the importance of positive activities for families. I started taking martial arts classes in 1982, as a result martial arts have had a tremendous impact with both my personal life and professional career.
It would be an honor to extend what I have learned to the people of this community. Over the last 21 years this is what I have accomplished in martial arts:
* 1989 1st Degree Black Belt in Shurite Shaolin Karate
* 1991 1st Degree Black Belt in PaSaRyu Karate
* 1991 Arkansas State Champion in Heavy Weight Kata.
* 1991 Arkansas State Champion in Heavy Weigh Sparring.
* 1994 2nd Degree Black Belt in Shotokan Karate
* 1996 2nd Degree Black Belt in PaSaRyu Karate
Classes are held Mondays and Thursdays at Village on the Creek's Athletic Club:
* Children (ages 6 to 12) 4:45 - 5:45 p.m.
* Adults (ages 13 and up) 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
* Advanced 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Head Instructor David Meek of Rogers,AR teaches traditional karate with roots based in Korean, Okinawan, and Japanese Karate-do. For more information call (479) 246-0893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Village on the Creek's Athletic Club is located at 214 Village Parkway, Rogers, Arkansas.
Master Kang Rhee
Mr. Seyler's Shorin-Ryu
Century Martial Arts Supply