HOW TO MAKE A TAPE, FOR COLLEGE SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION.
It is not hard for you to make your own tape. All through this manual there are tips to help you make your videos. I really have written all of this as much for you, the parents, as anyone. You need help, and there are few places which will or can help you. A professionally done Hi-Lite tape will cost at least a $100 a minute, and you can do as well as they would in all truth. Im saying this because of the huge number of parents who are trying as hard as they can to give their children a good start. Read this section and read the Edit page as well, it will help you.
What do coaches want to see on your tape? name, address, phone, personal school and sports statistics, a series of good shots of each catagory of your skills. Some sports want 1 to 3 uninterupted minutes of play, so the coaches can see how the player interacts with the team. Basicly keep the tape short - A TOTAL OF 3 TO 7 MINUTES LONG -- WRITE THE TIME ON THE TAPE -
Ask the schools/coaches what they want - each coach has a different point of view. Remember a printed resume will accompany the tape.
The coaches are not going to be impressed by how professional the tape is, they are only interested in viewing the player.
You have a stack of tapes and you know that you have only 3 or 4 plays on each tape you want to use. find a nice box that will hold them all and all of the paperwork.
ALL YOU WANT IS
THREE TO 7 MINUTES OF ACTION VIDEO PLUS THE START AND END TITLE PAGES.
3 -7 MINUTES short and good is all you want.
First - get new labels and clearly title and number them and stick them on the tapes
2. .you will have types of shots you want to use. pitches, tackles, kicks, dunks, touchdowns, free-throws - strikes - dives - hurdles - jumps - get a sheet of paper for each one - title the type of scene -
3. .the first sheet of paper - title it - name - sport - position-
4. .2n. introduction - statistics -
5. .3rd. players personal statement
6. .4th. first set of action type - in order
.....tape number - number on the counter - brief scene description ...
7. .Now we log the shots - put the frist tape in and re-wind completely - and zero your counter-
8. .play the tape and list the, 1. tape number - 2. counter number - describe scene - two three words- WRITE THE PLAYS DOWN ON THE RIGHT SHEET - WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED THE TAPE RE-WIND it
9. .Go completely thru each tape in turn
when you are done you have your master tape
copy this MASTER EDIT TAPE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU NEED -
MEASURE THE LABELS AND MAKE LONG SPINE LABELS FOR ALL THE TAPES - USE YOUR COMPUTER - CUT OUT WITH SISSORS - RUBBER CEMENT THEM TO THE TAPES-
NAME - ADDRESS - PHONE NUMBER - EMAIL - TAPE LENGTH
DONT ASK FOR THEM BACK - TELL THEM TO KEEP THEM - THE COACHES WILL LIKE THAT -