William M and Emma Edith McGill Pyeatt
William Marvin 'Will' Pyeatt was born in July of 1867 in Washington County, Arkansas, to William Stevenson Pyeatt and Maryann May Johnson and died April 29, 1904, in Custer, Custer County, Oklahoma.
William was 15 when his mother died and 24 when his father died. He was married first to ? and second to Emma Edith Magill sometime between 1900 and 1910.
The speculated children of William and ? were:
The known children of William and Emma were:
- Virgil Custer Pyeatt b: 30 Sep 1902 d: 21 Jul 1958 Shreveport, LA (he was a resident of Texarkana) m1: 6 Feb 1927 Cora Bernice Clem b: 22 Aug 1909 Copperas Cove, TX d: 1 Dec 2002 Texarkana
Virgil and Bernice divoced in May of 1841. He m2: Edna Preston (divorced 1956) m3: Sep 1957 Marry Bennett
- Rozela Cean Pyeatt m: Lonnie Morris Hawkins (four children)
- Rayford Ross Pyeatt m: Cleo Carol Mathis
- Sarah Ruth Pyeatt m: Dennis Eugene Coker (two children)
- Willa Marvin Pyeatt b: 6 Sep 1904 d: 199? Dallas, TX, area m:
bef1835 Spain Bates (of Port Arthur)
William and many of his siblings moved to Oklahoma before 1900 where he appeared in ED 39 (Supr Dist 219) Grant Township, Custer County, Oklahoma (Territory). At that time he was a widower, age 32, born July 1867 in Arkansas, occupation Dry Goods Salesman.
By the 1910 census, William had died and Emma with children Virgil and Emma were enumerated in Custer County, OK, as they were in 1920. Sometime before 1926 they moved to Port Arthur, Texas. The family would like to know where William is buried in Oklahoma.
Last Updated Feb 2003
- William S Pyeatt sources listed on his page
- Rozela Pyeatt Hawkins CEANHAWK@aol.com
Back to Home
Back to William S and Mary M Johnson Pyeatt Page