Robert and Mildred Blalock Piatt
Robert Piatt was born c1838 in Ohio to James Henry Piatt and Tabitha A 'Tempest' Morgan. He married on August 28, 1862, in Cooper County, Missouri, Mildred Blalock. His mother had died the previous year. I believe Robert and his father married close to the same time, however, I do not have the record for James' second marriage to Sarah Ellen Smith Lloyd (probably in Cooper County, Missouri). She was the widow of George Lloyd.
Robert was with his family in Clark County, Indiana, on the 1840 census and in Cabell County, Virginia in 1850. In 1850 the siblings on either side of him were listed as born VA while he was shown as OH. However, on the 1860 census of Cole Hill P O, Palestine, Cooper County, Missouri, he was listed as born in VA. On the 1870 census, Robert's father and second wife and their children were in Clear Creek Township, Cooper County, Missouri. But, I do not locate Robert.
Robert and Mildred had the following known children:
- George T Piatt b: c1863 MO
- Elizabeth E Piatt b: c1865 MO
- John R Piatt b: c1867 MO
- Tabitha A Piatt b: c1870 MO
- Willie A Piatt (daughter) b: c1874 MO
- Andrew W Piatt b: c1878 MO
- Liza Piatt b: c1880 Benton Co, MO
By the 1880 census of White MCD, Benton County, Missouri, they appeared as follows:
- Piatt, Robert age 42 born VA / mwm / farmer / father/mother born VA
- Piatt, Mildard (wife) age 35 born NC / mwf / keeping house / father/mother born NC
- Piatt, George T (son) age 17 born MO / swm / works on farm / father born VA/mother born NC
- Piatt, Elizabeth E (daughter) age 15 born MO / swf / father born VA/mother born NC
- Piatt, John R (son) age 13 born MO / swm / works on farm / father born VA/mother born NC
- Piatt, Tabitha A (daughter) age 10 born MO / swf / goes to school / father born VA/mother born NC
- Piatt, Willie A (daughter) age 6 born MO / swf / father born VA/mother born NC
- Piatt, Andrew W (son) age 2 born MO / swm / father born VA/mother born NC
- Piatt, Liza (daughter) age 7/12 born MO / swf / father born VA/mother born NC
This family was enumerated 3/183/17/35, I also had listed as Henry County(?). Also living in Benton County was Robert's sister, Harriet Mallott with her family and their younger sister, Cordelia Piatt. Robert's father and many siblings were still in Cooper County, Missouri.
I did not locate Robert on the 1900 census.
Updated Sep 2006
- PFN Volume 4, 1989
- 1880 Benton Co, MO, federal census
Back to Home