John and Mary Pyeatt Carnahan
Mary Polly Pyeatt was born March 19, 1798 in Warren County, Kentucky, to James and Katherine Finley Pyeatt. She died in 1877 in Washington County, Arkansas and is buried in the Carnahan Cemetery, Washington County, Arkansas. Polly married June 24, 1828 in Pyeatt Township, Pulaski County, Arkansas, Rev. John Carnahan who was born in 1756 and who died September 23, 1838 in Cane Hill, Washington County, Arkansas.
This couple had no known children. They appeared on the 1830 census of Washington County, Arkansas.
On August 15, 1838, Polly is mentioned in John's will.
On the 1850 census of Washington Co, AR, Polly (age 51) is living with the John Rankin Pyeatt family (her brother).
In 1860 she is still living with John Pyeatt in Washington County, Arkansas.
According to a Goodspeed's article (History of Washington County, AR) on John Rankin Pyeatt, James and Kate moved from Kentucky in about 1812 to about 13 miles above Little Rock, Arkansas. It has also been said that James and his brother, Jacob, were bell makers and that some cow bells could still be found in Washington County, Arkansas, which were made by the two of them.
Updated Feb 2006
- Information from Wiley Alston Jarrell email@example.com Friendswood, Texas
- Information supplied by Niler Pyeatt, 1 Jun 1996
- Information by Sharolynne Pyeatt 2 Dec 1993
- The Guilford Genealogist, Sep 1990, Vol 4, no 2
- Tom Buchanan info, Feb 2001, firstname.lastname@example.org
- "History of Benton, Washington, Carroll, Madison, Crawford, Franklin, and Sebastian Counties, Arkansas." Chicago: The Goodspeed Publishing Co., 1889
- Emma - Carnahan family research
- 1830-1860 federal census Washington Co, AR
Back to Home
Back to James and Katherine Finley Pyeatt Page