John F and Mary Dace Pyeatt
John F Pyeatt was born in March 1840 in Missouri to Christopher and ? Pyeatt and died between 1862 and 1870 (probably in Missouri). He married January 5, 1862, in Jefferson County, Missouri, Mary Dace, who was born c1838 in Missouri, presumably to ? and Elizabeth ? Dace Stewart.
Their marriage license reads as follows:
I, Alfred Stewart, a Justice of the Peace, within and for the County of Jefferson, do certify that on the 5th day of Jany A D 1862, John Pyatt and Mary Dace were truly joined together in the Bonds of Wedlock by me the Said Justice, Alfred Stewart Justice. Recorded May 5th, 1862 Elias F Honey Recorder
John and Mary had one known child:
I find John on the 1850 census of Jefferson County, Missouri, with his dad and his stepmother and their young children. I do not have John on the 1870 census, though, his wife, Mary, and son, Thomas, appear as follows in Jefferson County, Missouri:
- Stewart, Elizabeth age 64 born MO / Keeps house
- Stewart, Robert age 72 born MO / Farmer
- Dace, Jacob age 39 born MO / No occupation (idiot)
- Dace, Elias age 23 born MO / Works on farm
- Pyatt, Mary age 32 born MO / No occupation
- Pyatt, Thomas age 03 born MO / With its mother (This family enumerated on pg 279. There was a Dace family living on the next farm.)
I do not find another marriage that would fit this Mary Pyeatt after 1870. Does anyone know where she was in 1880?
I performed searches of the 1880 census at familysearch.org and found nothing of interest except an Alfred Stewart (plus some Dace families) in Jefferson County.
- Christopher Pyeatt research of Marianne Cowan Pyeatt
- Christopher Pyeatt research of Jean Vail
- 1850 census of Jefferson County, MO
- 1870 census of Jefferson County, MO
- Marriage records of Missouri
Updated Jan 2003
Back to Home
Back to William and Angelica Smith Pyeatt