Henry A and Mary F Allen Pyeatt
Henry A Pyeatt was born c1833 in Missouri to Christopher and ? Pyeatt. He married in St. Louis Co, MO, January 31, 1864, Mary F Allen who was first married to David Hilderbrand on September 12, 1856, in St. Louis Co, MO. Mary was born c1842 in Missouri.
Henry and Mary had the following known child:
This is how Henry and family appeared on the 1870 census of Meramac Township, St. Louis Co, MO:
- Piney Ellen Pyeatt b: c1864 St. Louis Couty, MO
However, the child, Mary O Hilterbrand would have been born around 1864. So, is she Mary's child with a recently deceased David? Why is she listed before the 12 year old boy. Was he a nephew or some other relation to Mary? He was born after Mary and David were married, so, if he was a son of David - he was also a son of Mary.
- Pyatt, Henry A age 37 born MO wm Rail Road laborer $0/$100
- Pyatt, Mary F age 28 born MO wf keeping house
- Hilterbrand, Mary O age 6 born MO wf at home att school cannot read/write
- Hilterbrand, James A age 12 wm at home att school cannot read/write
- Pyatt, Piney Ellen age 4 born MO wf at home cannot read/write
- Winn, Thomas J age 23 born MO wm farm laborer
- Westermann, Felix age 35 born MO wm vintner (this family enumerated #152/154 pg 267 (from index only)
In January of 1872, Henry's father and step-mother, Christopher and Nancy Votaw Pyeatt, died in Meramac Township near Eureka. They had recently moved near Henry from Jefferson County, MO, where they had sold their farm in 1871. Henry received his portion of his father's estate. I do not recall if he was one of the heirs who assigned their inheritance to Alfred T Radforth.
Updated Jan 2002
- Christopher Pyeatt research of Marianne Pyeatt
- 1870 St. Louis Co, MO census
- St. Louis marriage records
Back to Home