Frank C and Lucinda Swafford Pyeatt
Frank C Pyeatt was born c1871 in Illinois to William and Diana Hornsby Pyeatt.
He was the ninth child born to this couple. We find him with his parents on the 1880 census of Jefferson County, MO (Plattin Township) where the family appeared as follows:
- Pyatt, William age 48 born MO / mwm / Farmer/Blacksmith / father born MO/mother born VA
- Pyatt, Diana (wife) age 43 born MS / mwf / Keeping House / father born MS/mother born SC
- Pyatt, George (son) age 20 born MO / swm / Works on Farm
- Pyatt, John (son) age 18 born MO / swm / Works on Farm
- Pyatt, Michael (son) age 16 born MO / swm / Works on Farm
- Pyatt, Frank (son) age 9 born IL / swm
- Pyatt, Nancy (daugher) age 6 born MO / swf
- Pyatt, Byrd (son) age 4 born MO / swm
- Pyatt, Agnes (daughter) age 4/12 February born MO / swf (this family enumerated vol 18 ed 191 sh 19 line 5 household 160/161)
We believe that this family - or at least the grown children had moved to Shannon County, MO, between 1880 and 1886. And then, by 1900 some of them appear to be back in the Ripley/Carter County, Missouri area.
On Nov 27, 1898, F C Pyeatt and Lou Swafford were married in Carter County, MO (Book C pg 23). We believe this to be William and Diana's son, Frank C Pyeatt.
On the 1900 census of Carter County, Johnson Township, Missouri we find the newlyweds listed as follows:
Of interest is the place of birth of Frank's mother listed as Texas. William met and married Diana Hornsby in Texas and many of her children assumed that she was born there (actually having been born in Mississippi).
- Pyatt, Frank C born Mar 1871 in Unknown / 29 on last bday / mother TX
- Pyatt, Lucinda (wife) born Sep 1876 in MO / 23 on last bday / father/mother born TN (This family enumerated 151/37/27/88).
We do not find any other record for Frank in Missouri - however, Frank and siblings were living in Tulsa, Oklahoma by June of 1928. On the 1920 census of Osage County, Oklahoma we find a Frank and Lou who appear to be the couple who were in Carter County, Missouri, in 1900 as follow:
- Pyett, Frank age 49 born IL
- Pyett, Lou (wife) age 43 born MO
- Pyett, Lydia (daughter) age 19 born MO
- Ludwig, Henry (roomer) age 54 born NY (this family enumerated 57/74/12/95: Chestnut Street, Osage)
Since the age and place of birth for this Frank Pyeatt match that of Frank, son of William and Diana, we feel even more strongly that we have matched up the "right" Frank with Lou Swafford. Also, it appears that the Carter Co, MO, Frank and Lou match up birthdate and birth place wise as the 1920 Osage Co, OK, Frank and Lou.
When Frank's mother, Diana Hornsby Pyeatt, died in June of 1928 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Frank and five of his siblings were listed as living in Tulsa.