DR ARUN PRASAD
Surgeon & Academic Co-ordinator
General & Minimal Access Surgery
( incl Bariatric, Gastrointestinal & Thoracoscopic )
MBBS (AFMC Poona) MS
Surgery (MAMC, New Delhi)
FRCS (Edin), FRCS (Glas)
Dr Arun Prasad had his higher surgical training in England. After qualifying for his FRCS in 1990, he was working in the prestigious Charing Cross Medical School, London and associated Hospitals, before returning to India.
He graduated from Armed Forces Medical College, Poona in 1983 at the
age of 21 years and subsequently got trained in Surgery at Maulana Azad Medical
College and associated Teaching Hospitals (LNJP & GB Pant Hospitals), New Delhi.
He was part of the team that did the first Laparoscopic Gall Bladder operation in that hospital and since has been a pioneer in Laparoscopic, Thoracoscopic & Bariatric Surgery. Currently Senior Surgeon at Apollo Hospital, New Delhi since 1996 ( 1st USA - JCI accredited hospital in India ).
Achievements in Laparoscopic & Minimal Access Surgery
· He was one of the
earliest surgeons in the World doing Laparoscopic Surgery for Gall Bladder.
· He devised his own technique for Laparoscopic Hernia repair that is recognised over the world in eminent medical journals.
· He has done the world’s first Laparoscopic operation of Gall Bladder fistula with the large intestine which too is recognised over the world in eminent medical journals.
· He has done the world’s first Thoracoscopic removal of Hydatid cyst of the lungs.
· He has been doing other complex and advanced laparoscopic operations for various abdominal and chest problems.
· He has conducted one of the first series in the world in 1994, showing the feasibility and safety of doing Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery and sending home on the same day.
· Before his return to India, he was one of the very few Indians who have had the honour to be a tutor in Laparoscopic Surgery in the courses conducted at The Royal College of Surgeons, London. Presently he is a tutor in Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of UK and also an examiner for MRCS conducted by the Royal College.
· He is also a Teacher for the Post Graduate Surgery - DNB by Govt of India and in Laparoscopic Surgery at - Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Mumbai and Delhi.
. One of the few surgeons doing ETS for Hyperhidrosis
. Laproscopic Gastric bypass and Laparoscopic Gastric banding for Morbid Obesity
After being appointed Senior Consultant at the age of 31 years, at present he is one of the world’s youngest surgeons with an experience of over 5000 laparoscopic operations. (Surgical experience of 23 years and Laparoscopic experience for 18 years)
Wife (Dr Vandana Prasad MBBS, MRCP - UK) is a pediatrician and also a social worker in the field of child rights.
Two sons Aadit & Ambar at Amity, Noida.
He is a keen photographer, cricketer and loves to travel & trek. Also a computer addict. Made his website himself in 1997.
To know more about Laparoscopic surgery click below on Homepage
For free email advice please click below