"Holiday Gingerbread Cookies Recipe"
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cups reduced calorie margarine
1/2 cup- packed brown sugar
1/4 cup egg susbstitute
1/2 cup light molasses
Makes 30 Cookies
- Combine flour,ginger,cinnamon,baking soda,allspice and salt and set aside.
- Combine margarine-brown sugar and cream by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Add egg substituteand molsasses and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture a little at a time;mixing until well blendend.
- Divide dough into four portions;
- Cover and chill atleast 3 hours.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with none stick cooking spray.
- ON a flour surface,roll out 1 portion of dough as needed.
- Then refrigerated until ready to use.
- Drip a cookie cutter in flour and cut intoindividual shapes.
- Place Cookies about an inch apart of baking sheet.
- Re-roll dough as needed.
- Bake 7-8 minutes until edges feel firmto the touch.
- Then let it cool for 2 minutes or more.
- Then with a wire rack repeat with remaining portions of douh.
Serving size:1 Cookie