Holiday Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup light molasses
<--PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT --
- Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, and salt and set aside.
- Combine margarine and brown sugar and cream by hand or using an electric mixer.
- Add egg substitute and molasses and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture a little at a time, mixing until well blended. Divide dough into four portions. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a floured surface, roll out 1 portion of dough to a 1/8" thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to use.
- Dip a cookie cutter in flour and cut into individual shapes. Place cookies about an inch apart on baking sheet. Re-roll remaining dough as needed.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes until edges feel firm to the touch. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet then on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining portions of dough.