Students are required to:
1. sing a song from a Broadway show. Bring piano
music for the accompanist or call the school in advance of skills
assessment to see if we have music available for you.
2. sing your choice of: a piece of classical music, (example:
Mozart or Schubert) or sing your part in a piece that you have
sung in a chorus that is classical. Bring the sheet or octavo
music with you.
3. sight sing an eight measure phrase of music that will be chosen
by the assessment panel.
4. sing back a series of pitches that the instructor will play
on the piano.
5. learn and sing an eight measure phrase that is taught during
6. provide a letter of recommendation from your voice or chorus