Forsaken Author Pairing Rating Subject

Disclaimer:

I do not own Weiß Kreuz or any of its characters. I just love them to no end and have a very twisted imagination. Please be aware that I am extremely poor so suing me will do you no good. Thanks.

Warning: NC-17 / Lemon Yaoi / NCS / Violence / Explicit Language

Pairings: Schuldich x Yohji / Aya + Yohji / Ken + Omi / Bradley x Nagi

FYI: { Telepathic speech } -- Inner thoughts -- [ Flashback ]

Author's note:

Well guys, here's Chapter 13 of The Hunted! This chapter is ANGST full. It takes us through quite an emotional ride, giving us further insight into the turbulent minds of our favorite bishies. I hope you like it.

Enjoy the fic!

Thanks,

Forsaken

The Hunted Part 13

Yohji's heart was pounding mercilessly against his chest as he closed the bedroom door. Dammit Kudou, just calm down. Don't let yourself get all worked up over this.

But he couldn't help it. The man he still loved was in his room asking to talk to him about …… Us. Gods, what's he talking about? He made sure there wasn't an 'us'. So what did the redhead want?

Yohji took a deep breath willing his pounding heart to calm its pace. He couldn't afford to leave himself open again, to give Aya the opportunity to hurt him again. I should just face him with the same damn mask he always wears. Give him a dose of his own medicine for once.

But ……

He couldn't deny the glimmer of hope that was rising up within him and his heart clenched in reaction. His stomach began to twist into knots and Yohji felt a wave of panic wash over him. No, dammit! Don't do this to yourself, you idiot! Didn't you learn the first time around? He doesn't want you. He never wanted you. Not for what mattered. It was just sex remember? You were just a convenience for him. A good fuck while it lasted.

Anger suddenly bloomed inside of him at the remembrance of his last 'talk' with his former lover. No, he wasn't going to fall into the same trap again. Never again was he going to allow this man to use him and discard him like a worn piece of cloth. He had enough emotional problems assailing him as it was. He didn't need Aya complicating things further. Besides, he thought to himself. It would only serve to prove that he was indeed a love struck fool.

Yohji straightened his back and turned to face the other man. Just hold your ground and you'll be fine, Kudou. Just look into his eyes and …… Yohji's breath caught the instant his gaze locked onto Aya's violet eyes. Oh, gods. He couldn't believe what he was seeing.

His normally stoic and at times heartless former lover was standing before him, looking at him with eyes that were full of …… emotion, of feeling? And worst still, the man's violet orbs were glimmering with a nervousness not attributed to the usually cold hearted assassin. What the hell?

Yohji looked away, unnerved by what he had seen. Shit! I can't look at him. I can't …… He looks almost human. What the fuck is going on? Yohji let out a mental sigh. There was only one way he was going to be able to find out why the redhead was here, why those eyes were suddenly so open and …… Vulnerable?

"What did you want to talk about, Aya?" said Yohji, turning back to the redhead standing unmoving before him. Don't look into his eyes. You'll be okay if you don't look into his eyes. Yohji focused his gaze on Aya's shoulder but the instant the redhead looked at him, his jade eyes foolishly shifted to Aya's face. Dammit.

"Like I said. Us."

There was that word again. 'Us'.

Yohji's brow furrowed as his heart rebelliously picked up its pace. "Like I said, there is no 'us' Aya," he replied quietly, desperately trying to shield his emotions.

Aya took a step forward and Yohji fought back the urge to take a retreating step back. He didn't want Aya to see how much the other man's closeness was affecting him. But Aya saw his need for distance in the tense outline of his body and an emotion almost like regret seemed to flicker through those amethyst eyes.

Yohji swallowed, trying to desperately fight off the surge of hope attempting to run freely within him. Goddammit! I said don't look into his eyes. What are you stupid? Do you want to feel that pain again? Feel the pain searing him like a firebrand against his skin? I can't. It had nearly destroyed him the first time around. He wouldn't survive the agony again.

"Yohji …… I," Aya paused as a confused frown marred his beautiful face obviously struggling with the words he wanted to say.

What? What Aya? Dammit! Don't do this to me? Don't look so beautiful and vulnerable. Stop making my heart beat like this, making the love that I felt for you, that I killed off for you come back again. Just say your peace and leave me alone ... Please. Don't give me hope. I don't want it. I don't.

"Just say what you have to say Aya," Yohji replied hoarsely, unable to keep his emotions out of his tone. "I have to get some sleep. I've got morning shift tomorrow."

He saw Aya take in a deep breath; the redhead's eyes no longer unsure but determined and steady. Yohji tensed in wait of the reply to come.

"I made a mistake," Aya stated, quietly ... clearly.

Yohji's eyes widened and his heart began to ram against his chest. "What?" he whispered, not able to believe what he'd just heard.

Aya took another step closer. "I made a mistake, Yohji." Aya shook his head. "A horrible stupid mistake ... I let you go."

"You broke my heart," Yohji said as he took a step back. Why are you doing this?

Aya winced but nodded in agreement. "Yes, I did." Regret was clearly written on his handsome face. "I wish that I could take it all back. Take back the pain that I caused you. But I can't."

Yohji couldn't move, could barely breathe as he continued to listen to Aya's startling words, words that were now ripping an old wound open leaving him defenseless against the confusion assailing him.

"Why?" Yohji asked, needing to know what had prompted the redhead to make such a confession. "Why are you telling me this now Aya? Why?"

Aya once again moved forward and Yohji involuntarily took another step back. The door to his room was coming up behind him but Yohji didn't notice, all of his senses were locked on the man standing in front of him.

"Because I finally allowed myself to accept the truth."

Truth? What's he talking about? What truth? Yohji suddenly wanted to run, to run away from the redhead's presence. He was afraid. Afraid of what this 'truth' would mean, of how it would affect him.

But no matter how much he wanted to flee, to distance himself from what was about to happen, Yohji couldn't make himself move. Apprehension was washing over him in huge waves, yet he couldn't find the strength to walk away. Dammit, I want to hear what he has to say.

"What truth?" Yohji found himself asking, his eyes unwavering, his body unmoving as he held his breath waiting for another knife to be plunged into his aching heart.

Aya swallowed and reached out with his hand as if to touch Yohji but stopped short of actual contact. He pulled his hand away and Yohji let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding.

"That I've been a fool. That I hurt you because I was afraid."

"Afraid? Afraid of what?"

"Of your passion. Of your love." Aya paused and took another step forward. "Of the feelings you were provoking within me. Stirring to life."

Yohji felt as if he couldn't breathe. He tried to take a step back and almost gasped when his back hit the door. Aya stepped even closer and Yohji wanted to scream. Shut up, damn you! Stop saying these things to me. It's too late. Too late, dammit!

"Stop it," he implored, no longer able to keep quiet. "I don't want to hear anymore."

Aya shook his head. "No. It's time, Yohji. Time for me to tell you the truth."

Yohji shook his head, pushing his body against the door.

"I lied to you, Yohji," Aya continued as he stepped closer to Yohji. "And I lied to myself. I was so afraid of what I was feeling that I tried to do what I do best. I tried to kill them, to destroy my feelings for you completely. I pushed you away and I hurt you in hopes of getting you to hate me, to stop loving me. You'd become a threat to my very sanity, Yohji and I lashed out the only way that I knew how."

Aya reached out and carefully ran his fingers gently over Yohji's cheek. Yohji didn't flinch but his eyes widened as heat danced along his skin from the hesitant caress. Don't Aya. Please, don't. I can't have you touching me.

"What a fool I was."

"Why ... Why were you a fool?" Yohji asked hoarsely, unable to stop the question from leaving his lips, unable to pull away from the violet eyes that now had him nailed to the floor. Hope once again pulsed to life inside of him but he controlled it, his fear of being hurt again too strong to allow it free reign.

Violet eyes bore into jade ones as Aya lowered his hand away from Yohji's face. "Because hurting you didn't achieve its purpose. In pushing you away, in cutting you off, I not only hurt you but I hurt myself."

"Sort of defeated the purpose, didn't it?" Sarcasm. Truly a beautiful thing.

Aya's hands clenched at his sides. He looked away briefly before turning his intense gaze back on Yohji. "That's why I was a fool. And it's why I'm so sorry. So desperately sorry."

Those last words were said at a whisper, in a tone full of regret and sorrow. Yohji's heart twisted at the seemingly heart felt apology and he hated himself for it. Hated himself for allowing the redhead to affect him this way, for allowing the other man's words to chip away at the barrier he'd erected around himself. I'm so weak. So fucking weak.

Yohji tried not to care, tried to ignore the words tumbling out of Aya's perfect mouth but his mind couldn't stop his heart from responding, couldn't stop the well of emotions from consuming him. Tears began to trail down his cheeks as his will began to waiver, as his heart began to overrule his judgement.

Yohji shivered as a pale hand reached up to wipe away his rebellious tears, his mind slowly losing its battle. No! It screamed at him. You can't forgive him. You can't let him near you again. Did you forget about Schuldich? About what you've done with him?

Like a bucket of ice water dropping over his head, Yohji snapped out of the daze he fallen into. He pulled his face away from Aya's touch and looked at the redhead with furious eyes. Yes, use the anger, use the pain he put you through."What are you trying to accomplish by telling me this now? What's the point?" he asked, his tone full of undisguised anger.

Aya didn't respond to his questioning, didn't even flinch at the harshness of Yohji's words. Instead, to Yohji's dismay, Aya gazed at him with calm amethyst eyes, eyes full of an emotion he'd never thought he'd ever see. No. Gods, no. Not now. Not when it's too late. Not when I'm dirty. Tainted by 'his' touch.

"Do you know what else I realized, Yohji?"

No! Yohji was shaking, his body trembling under the despair that was now coursing through him. I don't want to know. I don't want to hear. Yohji shook his head, tears still trailing down his cheeks. "Don't Aya. Please, don't."

Aya sadly shook his head in response to Yohji's plea; the small movement causing the light sheen of wetness now evident on his face to sparkle under the room's dim lights.

"I realized," he continued, ignoring Yohji's words, "that my feelings for you were too strong to destroy, too ingrained into my soul to purge from within me."

Shut up! Yohji clamped his hands over his ears, his head shaking frantically as his eyes closed tightly. Shut up! SHUT UP!

Strong hands wrapped around his wrists pulling the shaking limbs down so that Yohji's face was now a mere inch away from Aya's.

"Look at me Yohji."

No ... If I let you get too close ... If you ever found out ... No! I don't want to listen anymore. I don't want to see your eyes, feel you so near me. Just go away, dammit.

Suddenly the hands over his wrists tightened and began to shake him.

"Dammit, Yohji. Look at me!" Aya demanded as he shook Yohji even harder once more before pulling Yohji into a tight embrace, wrapping his arms around his slender waist. "Please, look at me," Aya whispered brokenly. "Please."

Yohji's breath hitched as he tried to hold back a sob. Gods ... I'm afraid. So afraid. But his eyes opened.

Aya pulled back and Yohji could see the streaks of tears staining his former lover's face. Without conscious thought, Yohji reached up with a trembling hand and traced a wet line, his eyes following his finger's path. Aya released Yohji's waist and brought his hands up to hold Yohji's face within their unsteady grasp, making Yohji look into his eyes.

"I hurt you beyond imagining. And for that I will never forgive myself. It was a lie, Yohji. A foolish lie. A coward's lie. I have no excuses for what I did to us. No excuses for breaking your heart and almost severing my own." Tears once again began to flow from Aya's red-rimmed eyes as his voice whispered through the silence of the room. "Everyday I see your pain and what it's doing to you. I see how it's eating away at you and it's killing me. Killing me because I know that it's my fault."

Yohji tried to pull away but Aya held firm. Gods, if only you knew. "Let me go," he whispered, silently praying for strength against the devastation Aya's words were causing.

"I can't. Not until I tell you what I now know is true. What I now realized like the fool that I am what has always been true."

Yohji clamped his hands over Aya's. "Don't do this to me Aya."

"I love you, Yohji."

Yohji closed his eyes, his slender frame now shaking violently. You love me? "No."

"Yes," Aya replied as his lips brushed gently against Yohji's. "I love you. I've always loved you."

Yohji's lips trembled under Aya's roaming mouth. That one touch of lips burning his skin, awakening a molten heat deep within him. Fire ran through him, sizzling his blood as the red liquid pumped through his veins, coursed through his every cell. Only Aya could do this to him. Only Aya could invoke such unimaginable pleasure within him. And soon, Yohji found himself responding to Aya's fiery kisses.

Stop! His mind screamed at him, cried out in desperation to him. Over and over again, the command ---- the plea echoed through his mind, but Yohji was too lost within the passion now consuming him to listen. All he could do was feel as Aya's hands began to touch and caress his body; their lips still locked in a devouring kiss.

A part of him knew that he shouldn't be doing this. The pain Aya had caused him didn't deserve such forgiveness, to be put aside so easily, so readily. But the other part of him, the part of him that still loved the redhead beyond logic, beyond the pain, the part of him that had been starving for just one more kiss, just one more caress, the part of him that had lived and prayed for this moment, that had dared not dream it would become a reality no longer cared about the past. The pain, the stupidity of his acquiescence held no power ---- no hold over his now quaking body. He was lost to the sensations running along his skin, devouring him, enticing him, guiding him past the point of regret.

"Yohji ..." his name was whispered into his ear as his pants were unbuckled and a warm hand slipped in between the folds to cover his aching arousal.

Pleasure began to escalate with every stroke of Aya's hand and Yohji moaned, letting his head fall back against the door as his body instinctively began to move into the warm grasp. Kisses trailed along his skin as Aya's lips nipped and suckled on the long column of his exposed neck . Needles of ecstasy ran up his spine, tightening the muscles in his lower belly, purging all thought from his mind as Aya's hips began to grind against him, parting Yohji's legs with each movement.

"Ran ..." Oh Gods. Aya's real name ... He had spoken Aya's real name. Was he truly lost now? Was he so far gone?

Yohji's lips were once again captured and all train of thought vanished, his mind no longer able to think or reason, his body a living flame.

All he could do was burn.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

Nagi turned and glared at the intrusive telepath. "There's nothing wrong with me. So mind your own damn business."

Flame colored eyebrows arched in reaction to Nagi's harsh tone. "Hmm. Someone's in a bitchy mood today."

Nagi moved away from Schuldich, walking across the room to one of the bookshelves. Row and rows of the wall size shelf were filled with all types of books and literature and Nagi tried to ignore the other man by perusing the various titles. Leave me alone, Schu.

"Nagi?"

Nagi closed his eyes. Dammit, Schu. Why can't you take the hint? His mental shields were up so he knew that the telepath wasn't reading his thoughts. He took a small measure of comfort in knowing that at least for now his thoughts were his own. "What?"

"This is going to sound ridiculous coming from me. In fact, it's a goddamn joke but ... I'm ... Shit ... Well, I'm worried about you."

Nagi's eyes widened in surprise and he turned around to stare at Schuldich. He would've laughed if he weren't still in shock at the sight of the flustered telepath sitting on the sofa with his arms crossed over his chest looking at him with a look-what-you-made-me-say expression over his face.

"Stop looking at me like I've grown another head, dammit," Schu spat at him.

"I can't help it. You actually admitted to having feelings just now. Any normal person would be stunned too."

Schuldich looked away and stared at the wall to his right. "Yeah, well, I've been doing a lot of stupid things lately. This is just one more to add to the list." The redhead sighed before he turned back to look at Nagi. "Now don't you think that my disgusting admission merits an answer?"

Nagi's dark cobalt eyes narrowed for a second before resignation flickered within their blue depths. He's not going to give up until I talk to him. He'll probably get frustrated enough to start picking at my brain. Shit. Nagi sighed and turned away from the flamed haired man. He moved to the bookshelf once again and wrapped his arms around his waist. Maybe it would help if I talk to someone.

"I slept with Bradley."

When he heard nothing but silence, Nagi turned around and faced the telepath. He could tell that Schuldich was well and truly shocked at his revelation just by the look on his handsome face.

"Holy shit," Schuldich replied in a fascinated tone. "That explains it."

Nagi frowned. "What?"

Schuldich shook his head. "Never mind. So you slept with Bradley, huh?"

Nagi nodded dejectedly. "Yes."

"Obviously things didn't turn out the way you'd hope."

Pain tightened his chest at the reminder of Bradley's rejection. "You could say that," he replied quietly.

Schuldich motioned for him to sit down on the sofa and after a moment's hesitation, he moved to sit next to the redhead.

"What happened?"

Gods, I can't believe I'm saying this to Schu of all people. "He told me flat out that it had been a mistake." Anger intermingled with the hurt he'd been feeling and Nagi lowered his hands to his lap, his fingers digging into his knee caps. "And that it would never happen again."

Schuldich shook his head. "Damn asshole."

Nagi looked at him and Schuldich grinned.

"It just amazes me how someone can be so smart and so stupid at the same time. He's a total moron."

Nagi agreed wholeheartedly. "Yes, he is. And it pisses me off."

"I'd get pissed too. Shit, Nagi. Why'd you sleep with him anyway? You obviously aren't surprised by his attitude."

Nagi sighed and looked away from Schuldich to stare at his feet. "I knew ... but at some point I stopped caring. What happened between us just happened. I didn't plan it. Shit, I never even dreamed that it would happen in the first place. Everything just sort of got out of control."

Schuldich leaned back against the sofa and spread his arms out over the plush material. "So because Bradley acted like an ass, you're moping around here like death itself. I mean look at you. You're a mess."

Nagi's eyes narrowed as he looked up at Schuldich. "And what if I am? It's my business."

Schuldich grinned at him and tilted his head. "So much anger. And you're misusing it."

Confused Nagi just looked at the telepath, refusing to say a word. What the hell is he talking about?

"You should be using your anger more productively."

"Schu, are you trying to give me advice?" Nagi asked incredulously. No fucking way.

"Heaven forbid," Schuldich responded sardonically. "Shit, this is what I get for opening my big mouth. Damn feelings."

The telepath looked down at his lap for a moment as continued to mumble to himself and Nagi beheld the one-sided conversation with confusion. I really should be laughing. But for some reason, he couldn't. He was somewhat touched by the telepath's fumbling attempt to ... comfort him?

Schuldich turned his green gaze back to Nagi. "Would you just listen to me for a second?"

Nagi shrugged his shoulders, his face a mask of indifference. He was curious though. Never before had the redhead offered to help in this way. It was weird really. What's gotten into him?

"Beats the shit out of me," Schuldich responded and Nagi's eyes narrowed.

Schuldich rolled his eyes. "Sorry."

The redhead leaned forward until his hands were hanging in between his legs and looked directly at Nagi. "Look, I'm only going to say this once and it'll be up to you if you want to listen to me or not." Schuldich paused as if gathering his thoughts before he continued. "Instead of getting yourself all worked up over this, making yourself sick over Bradley's stupidity, you should be trying to talk to the idiot."

Nagi began to shake his head and Schuldich raised a hand to stop him from speaking.

"Listen to me, kid. Bradley's a really complicated bastard. He's got this deluded sense of honor about him. It's sickening really. But that's who he is ... Who he's made himself to be. He's probably convinced himself that he's no good for you. That's he's somehow corrupting you."

Nagi frowned. "Why the hell would he think that?"

Schuldich gave him a pointed look.

Anger bloomed within Nagi as comprehension dawned. "Dammit, I'm not a child!" he exploded. "When is he going to realize that?"

Furious all over again over the situation, Nagi stood up and began to pace across the room, his arms cutting through the air as he continued to rant. "I would've thought that screwing me senseless would have opened his eyes, but I guess the thickness around his skull impeded the realization from sinking in. That damn moron."

Schuldich's snicker caught Nagi's attention and he paused mid-step.

"This isn't funny Schu." Nagi swallowed over the emotion threatening to choke him all of a sudden. "He hurt me. Hurt me so much that I wanted to die ... I still do."

Schuldich's grin faded, his face growing serious as he stood up and walked over to Nagi. He reached out and lifted Nagi's small chin up.

"Believe it or not kid ... I know what it feels like."

Nagi's eyes widened in shock. "You do?"

Schuldich nodded grimly. "Yes. Amazing isn't it?"

All Nagi could do was nod in agreement. To say he was stunned would be an understatement. I can't believe it.

"Yeah, well, it was a hard lesson learned. One that didn't come without a price. And the only reason why I'm admitting this to you now is because I don't want you going through shit like that. The hurt alone is enough. You don't need the bitterness that often comes along with it."

Nagi stared at Schuldich completely amazed by the redhead's words. He'd never seen this side of Schuldich before and he was utterly baffled. It was almost as if he were talking to an older brother. This is just too fucking weird. But although the situation was a bit bizarre, Nagi was surprisingly finding a small measure of comfort from it all. Who would have thought that Schuldich was really a big softy inside.

Schuldich snorted in disgust. "Cut that shit out, Nagi," the redhead demanded, stepping away from Nagi. "I'm a cold blooded assassin, dammit. I am not a ... a ..." Schuldich's voice trailed away, not able to say the offensive word.

"Softy." Nagi grinned. "Sorry Schu, but you've forever ruined my perception of you. You're just going to have to deal with it."

Suddenly Schuldich tensed, his evergreen eyes narrowing dangerously right before Nagi's eyes. He could see the telepath's frame begin to shake, his hands clench until the knuckles were white.

"Schu?" Nagi inquired, taking a step back from the now furious telepath. What the ...

"SONOFABITCH!!" Schuldich roared explosively, the sound vibrating along the walls of the library.

"Schu!" exclaimed Nagi. "What the hell is the matter with you? What is it?"

"That bastard!" the telepath continued to rave, pushing past Nagi and crossing the room in long angry strides. "Goddammit! He's mine. MINE!!"

The door slammed, causing the windows in the room to rattle from the force as Schuldich practically flew out of the room.

Wide-eyed and more than a little startled, Nagi could only stare at the door in confusion.

What the hell was that about?

Rage.

Cold, murderous, uncontrollable rage pulsated within Schuldich in waves as he stormed out of the library and walked into the hallway. His eyes, narrowed slits of green, glittered ominously in the darkened hallway as he walked purposely into one of the unoccupied rooms a few doors away.

With a shaky hand, he closed the door, plunging the room into darkness once again and turned to lean his back against it. Just calm down. It's not too late. Just calm the fuck down! But the fury rising within him was almost uncontainable, ramming into him, threatening to consume him, to overpower him. His thoughts were scattering under the assault and his mind was clouded by a red haze.

Closing his eyes, Schuldich tried to concentrate, tried to grab a hold on the link he shared with Yohji. After two frustrating attempts, Schuldich released a pent up breath as his mind finally connected to Yohji's.

In an instant, feelings of ecstasy washed over him and the hold Schuldich had over his powers wavered precariously, shook the foundations of his control. He could feel Yohji's pleasure. Feel the pleasure the blonde was deriving from …… Goddammit! Yohji was his! Totally his. No one else was allowed to touch him. I'll kill him! You're dead Aya. DEAD!

He couldn't stand it. Couldn't stand the erotic images running through the blonde's mind. He was going mad, insane with jealousy and pure lividity. His heart began to pound and his breathing hastened as his control finally snapped.

{ YOHJI! } his mind screamed, grasping the link to Yohji's mind with an unshakable force. You'll never be his again. I won't allow it.

I WON'T ALLOW IT!!

{ YOHJI! }

Yohji gasped into Aya's mouth, his eyes snapping open as Schuldich's angry voice pierced through the sexual daze he'd been in, wrenching him away from the pleasure that had all but consumed him. Oh gods, no.

{ Get away from him Yohji! } Schuldich commanded, his voice a raging storm within Yohji's mind. { I kill him, Yohji! I'll fucking kill him if you don't get away from him NOW! }

Yohji cried out and pushed Aya away from him. Fear and pain coursed through him as Schuldich's words echoed in his mind. It was a promise he knew; the unmistakable anger lacing each of the telepath's words making it clear to Yohji that this wasn't an idle threat.

"Yohji?" Aya whispered, concern evident in his deep voice. "What's wrong?"

Yohji's eyes watered once again as he shook his head, moving away from the redhead. "I can't, Aya," he whispered, his heart breaking as he spoke. "I can't do this."

Aya gave him a confused look and attempted to step closer. "Yohji, please. We can work this out."

No, I can't take the risk. He'll kill you. I love you too much to let that happen. Too much. Yohji took a deep breath, trying to calm his aching heart, trying to control the pain now streaking through his head. His green eyes glittered in the darkened room as the tears continued to flow freely down his cheeks.

{ Do it now, Yohji. Don't fucking push me any further! }

Yohji winced, the pain of Schuldich's mental invasion an almost unbearable agony.

{ Alright, dammit! Just give me a fucking minute. }

Silence was his only response and Yohji knew that the telepath was waiting, waiting for Yohji to severe the ties that had for a moment bonded once again. Gods. Why was this happening? Why now when he'd finally gotten a glimpse of his dream?

He didn't want to do this. But for now, there were no other options left open to him. Yohji looked into Aya's confused eyes and his resolve solidified, pushing away any hesitation. There was only one thing he could do.

He had to ensure the safety of the man he loved.

"Please leave, Aya."

Aya's eyes narrowed, hurt and anger clear to see within their violet depths. "Why? Why are you turning me away?"

Yohji shook his head, pain once again spiking in his temples like shards of imbedded glass. "I don't have to explain anything to you. Just leave, Aya. " Go, dammit. Please, just go.

Nausea reared its ugly head as the pain in his mind began to reach its peak. Yohji swallowed back the bile in his throat as he pushed himself away from the door and forced himself to open it. You have to do this. You have to be strong and do this. But it was hard. So very hard.

"You're telling me to leave after what just happened between us?" Aya asked angrily.

Yohji shrugged, forcing an uncaring facade upon his features as he used old hurts to reinforce his determination. "That was instinct. A reaction to a warm body. A sudden ... craving."

Aya's eyes widened slightly. Yohji's meaning clear. Suddenly, Aya's shoulders slumped and his eyes took on a defeated light.

"I guess I deserved that," the redhead finally responded after a moment's silence. Aya's lips tightened. "Alright, I'll leave. But I'm not giving up on us."

Aya walked up to Yohji and looked deeply into his eyes before reaching out with his hand to caress Yohji's tear streaked face. "I meant what I said, Yohji. I love you and I'm going to prove it to you someday. I'm going to make you believe the words. And maybe in time, you'll find it in your heart to forgive me."

Yohji's hand clenched over the door knob, his heart turning in his chest at the resoluteness in Aya's words. "Please, Aya. There's no point to this anymore. My heart is no longer your concern."

Aya shook his head, a grim smile curving his chiseled lips. "You're wrong, Yohji. Everything about you is my concern." The redhead looked away and sighed. "I'll respect your wishes," Aya shifted his gaze back to Yohji, his violet eyes holding a promise, "but not for long."

Aya walked away and Yohji closed the door behind him, placing his forehead against the wooden surface as his soul cried out in agony and despair. Why? Why couldn't you just leave me alone?

Slowly, he slid down the door, his body shaking as it descended and Yohji found himself on his knees sobbing. Despair intermingled with the excrutiating pain splintering through him and Yohji thought he'd die.

{ Sleep,Yohji. Please ... Sleep. }

The words were a command, resounding in his mind from a distance, in a tone full of regret and Yohji was unable to resist it. Darkness once again engulfed him as Yohji willingly relinquished his control.

On the floor, his back against the door, Schuldich's hands clenched over the strands of his flame colored hair. He closed his eyes even tighter, his elbows digging into his kneecaps, as Yohji's pain washed over him, surrounded him. Guilt once again made its presence known within him and Schuldich's body began to tremble from the onslaught.

Fuck! He didn't want to feel it, didn't want to feel this 'emotion' as it clawed at him, ripped into him. I had every right. Every fucking right. He belongs to me. Only to me, dammit. He didn't deserve this, didn't deserve this ... agony coursing within him. I'm the fucking Mastermind! I don't feel guilt. I don't feel anything but hate. I hate everything and everyone. I'm evil! Born from the devil himself.

But those words no longer rang true and he knew it. He was no longer the heartless man Fate had made of him. No longer the guiltless, the maleficent being Rosenkreuz and Estet had created and unleashed into the world. If he had been, he wouldn't have felt compelled to have a 'talk' with Nagi. He wouldn't have felt the pure jealous rage that had nearly consumed him moments before. He wouldn't have felt his world closing in on him at the threat of losing Yohji to another. If he were still truly the Mastermind of Schwarz, Yohji's pain wouldn't be affecting him this way. He wouldn't be 'feeling' anything at all.

His heart clenched and twisted with Yohji's every cry and Schuldich couldn't endure it any longer. He concentrated on their bond and did the only thing he could think of to cease the blonde's pain.

{ Sleep, Yohji. Please ... Sleep. }

The intrusive pain subsided as Yohji succumbed to his command. But unfortunately for him, the oppressive feeling of guilt remained strong bringing along with it a new ... a unique kind of pain.

His own.

Schuldich's hands pulled at his fiery tresses almost unconsciously as he lowered his head to his knees.

What have you done to me, Yohji? What have you done?

Previous Next

Forsaken Author Pairing Rating Subject