Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
(Axel walks down the streets of the dark world, head to the ground. A look of depression is visible on his face. Word had gotten out over the Organization of Xiru's condition, after his fight with Sephiroth. Rain begins to pour slowly as he walks into an alleyway. He felt terrible. The day he came into Xiru's life, he had been getting wounded battle after battle. He couldn't handle a one-on-one fight if his life did depend on it. Axel looks down at his hands.)

Axel: These hands....... They spilled your blood as well...... How could I possibly live with myself... Knowing that I hurt you....?

Voice: Don't tell me you're giving up already, Axel.

(Axel turns his head to see Zexion standing outside of the alleyway, looking straight at him. Those cold, blue eyes stared straight into Axel's soul, it felt like. The red-haired Nobody turns his head, trying to avoid eye contact with number six of the Organization.)

Zexion: You still have a mission to carry out, number eight! Why aren't you with Marluxia and Larxene?! Have they given up yet?!

No........ They still want to go on with their plan..... Whatever it is.....

And you're not going to try and protect Xiru at all?

What's the use? He doesn't trust me......

What's your point?! Who cares if he doesn't trust you!? The Superior gave you an order to defend him from Marluxia and that little sadist, Larxene!

Then you do it. Leave me out of this.

Defying the will of the Superior is considered treason, Axel! Do you want him to kill you!?

(Axel looks up at Zexion, except he's not there anymore. Standing in his place in the rain is Xiru, who gives a sad smile to Axel.)

Xiru: Do it for me, Axel. I need you, man.

Stop it. That's not funny, Zexion.

(Xiru shakes his head.)

How did you guess?

(A black mist casts off of Xiru before he changes into Zexion.)

I doubt Xiru would ever come here.......

(Zexion walks into the alley, out of the rain, placing a hand on Axel's shoulder.)

Maybe if you succeed in your mission, he might consider it. He'll learn that we aren't all that bad.

(Axel shoves Zexion's hand off of his shoulder. The red-haired Nobody gets to his feet, looking back at his blue-haired comrade with a grin on his face.)

You know...... I can't believe I'm saying this, but........ You just might be right for once.

Got it memorized?

(Axel laughs a little.)

Smart ass.


Opening Theme: Tasogare no Umi
(The airship continues to fly through the sky over Sanzemica. Vera, Yorae, and Erik stayed on the deck, helping Adam where to go with Taprika's ring. It was still glowing over to where Sephiroth and the other guardians were heading. If they were to continue any further, they would be in Dark Hill in no time at all. Xiru hadn't woken up either, Winona remained by his side the entire time. Quatre would come into the room once in a while to check up on him, making sure that his wound hadn't reopened. His breathing was sterile, it had been for the last few hours. Marino, Doris, and Nick remained outside of Xiru's room to protect him. Night came quickly, even though the day had just begun. There were times Winona nodded off but refused to go to her room when asked. Doris looks in on the two, Winona asleep in the chair next to Xiru's bed. She sighs and closes the door.)

Doris: Do you think..... he'll ever wake up?

Nick: I hope so.....

Marino: Hmph, like you guys care.

What did you say?

You heard me! You Justice Bureau creeps, you think you're hot stuff, don't you?

What the hell are you talking about, Marino!?

You know exactly what I mean! Out in the real world, you guys don't really have our problems! You don't have people with supernatural abilities running around kicking your asses day in and out! To you guys, the residents of the computer world are nothing more than data fragments!

And you're nothing more than a lowly hacker who's afraid of the real world!

Guys, please!

(Doris stands in between the two, separating them. The two glare at each other, Marino reaching for his sword, while Nick has his hands on his gun.)

Gimme one good reason why I shouldn't eradicate you right now, hacker scum!?

Because Winona and Xiru need me, unlike you! If he's so important to you where the hell were you when we needed you?! Where were you when we were attacked by Dante, or some creep in a dark coat?! How about when we had to face a giant cobra beast just to get out of Muja?! Where the hell were you, huh?! Killing more of my kind?!

I said that's enough!

(Marino and Nick stop yelling at each other, removing their hands from their weapons.)

The reason why we couldn't help you in your situations, Marino, was because we were handling our own. We wanted to kill the Wadjet before getting to Xiru, because we thought they were the cause of Urteil! We got held up by some metamorphic jackass named Elmore! Didn't we already tell you that in the lab?!

You maybe a girl, but you're still a bureau agent! I don't trust you bastards one bit!

(Marino walks away.)

The minute we get done saving Taprika and stopping Urteil, you guys had better be on the first train out of here!

(Nick glares at Marino, Doris shaking her head. The scene changes to Xiru's room. Xiru moans and groans, tossing and turning in his sleep. A dream sequence begins, showing Xiru battling against someone. The person has a long sword and every time he took a swing it would knock Xiru back, no matter how hard he tried to block it. Suddenly, blood begins to pour from his chest, the man in the dark grinning evilly. All Xiru could make out of his opponent were two, glowing, bluish-green eyes.)

Man's voice: Do you want to throw in the towel now, boy? No one would be ashamed of you for losing to someone like me.... Of course, I'm the only one in the world like me. (lowers sword) Your choice.

(Xiru pants heavilly, blood continuing to pour from his wound. He clutches it, trying to make the bleeding stop. The man in the dark laughs evilly, watching his opponent fall to the ground. He walks over to the blond warrior, holding his sword up high. Xiru looks up at his opponent, whose form has come to light. There he stood, the One-Winged Angel, Sephiroth.)

I have a gift for you, Xiru!

(Sephiroth plunges his Masamune into Xiru's body. He screams in pain as Sephiroth twists it.)

Shall I give you despair?

(The sound of Sephiroth laughing is heard as the screen fades to black.)


(Xiru shoots up in his bed, breathing heavily. He looks around to see that he is back on the airship. He looks to the right side of the bed to see Winona sitting by it, her head lying on the bed. He tries to move his arm over to her, but stops as a sharp pain shoots through his body. He looks down to see that his chest had been wrapped by bandages, some of them stained red. He sighs in disappointment, realizing that once again he had lost another fight. He throws his head back down on his pillow, staring up at the ceiling.)

Some guardian I turned out to be...... I can't even win a single fight on my own.......

(Visions of Xiru losing to Axel, being brutally assaulted by Brimstone, and losing terribly to Sephiroth flash in Xiru's mind. All those times he had to have someone get him out of trouble, mainly Winona. As the visions end, he looks at Winona, placing a hand on her head, caressing her fine, light brown hair. He smiles at her.)

If anything..... you should be the one protecting me.

Winona: (muttering) Not true.......

(Xiru blinks his eyes a few times as Winona opens hers. She smiles at him as she places a hand on his right. The Twilight Rune began to glow a soft gold, but the light faded quickly.)

You're a better guardian than I am, Xiru.... You've protected me, you protected us when no one else would...... We'd all be dead by now had you not come into our lives....

(Xiru stares into Winona's blue eyes. He could feel his own burning, watering. He turns his head away from Winona, hoping that she would not see the tears falling from his face.)

Is something wrong?

(voice breaking up) N-No........ Nothing's wrong......

Don't lie to me...... I can tell something's wrong, Xiru. You don't have to hide it from me.

(Xiru cries silently. Winona wraps her arms around Xiru, who shortly does the same. She didn't care if Xiru's tears soaked her shirt, she didn't want to leave his side. The door to the room opens, Quatre entering. Before he can say a word, he sees Xiru and Winona embracing each other. He smiles and leaves the room. Doris and Nick look at him. The AI gives them a thumbs up, both sighing with relief.)

Quatre: He just woke up. He'll be just fine.

(Nick and Doris smile hearing the news. Within minutes, the news of Xiru recovering spreads throughout the ship like wildfire. It seemed every minute, someone would come into his room to see him. The scene changes to Lucia's room. Lucia stares out the window of her room, looking at the night sky. Her rings were glowing, but she didn't bother to look at it. She didn't seem to care about the rings since Marino rejected her.)

Lucia: (thinking) They all sound like they're in a good mood...... Who cares? Xiru's fine, as usual. It's not like he's going to up and die any time soon....

(Lucia feels something hit her hand. She looks at it to see a tear had landed on it. Tears were falling from her eyes once again. She grits her teeth and slams her fist on the window sill.)

Damn it! Why are these stupid tears still coming?! Stop! For the love of God, please!

(Lucia silently sobs, allowing the tears to fall from her blue eyes.)

(thinking) Xiru........ It's all because of you...... and Winona....... That these tears are falling.... Damn you two....... Why did I have to come in contact with you two?! Was I really THAT desperate to find my soulmate?! (aloud) I'm such a fool...... I'm such a damned fool.....

(Lucia continues to sob silently. She stops after she hears someone walking around behind her. She slowly turns her head to see someone heading right for her. She gasps, ready to scream, but the person puts a hand over her mouth. The person's face comes into the light revealing Dante.)

Dante: Just keep quiet and you'll survive.


(Xiru came out of his room, fully dressed, onto the deck. Adam looks at him, smiling. Xiru looks back at him and smiles back. For once, he wasn't disturbed seeing Adam smiling at him. Yorae, Erik, and Vera were on the deck as well, pointing out directions to Taprika. Winona was also present on the deck, looking over the sides, humming to herself. Xiru walks over to Adam.)

So, where do you think we are now?

Adam: Beats me, man. I do know that we're outside of Sanzemica's borders.... at least I think we are. It's hard to tell with this darkness.

How long was I out?

Well, it's about.... (looks at watch) five thirty-four right now...... I'd say about ten and a half hours.

That long?!

You had a bad fever going on too..... about 108, if you can believe that.

How did I survive....?

Winona.

(Xiru looks at Adam in confusion. He knew that Quatre could heal people with a single touch, but he didn't know Winona had healing powers too. He looks over to Winona, who continues to hum.)

She never left your side. She kept singing to you while grabbing your hand. I don't know how the song went, but it was beautiful whatever it was. The only thing I remember her saying was..... something about you returning to her.

I see......

Voice: Can you see now why I told you to protect her?

(Xiru, Adam, Vera, Yorae, Erik, and Winona look at the cabin to see Dante exiting from it. Xiru glares at him and runs out at him. Before he can get close, Yorae and Erik stand in front of them with their weapons drawn.)

Yorae: Back off, creep!

Erik: We don't know how you got on this ship, but we know how you're getting off!

Guys, it's okay! I can handle him myself!

Not in the condition you're in, Xiru! Get back and let us handle it!

(Adam gets down from the stirring wheel and joins up with Yorae and Erik, drawing out his Tiamat rapier.)

Me too!

Jeez, you guys are hypocrites. I save your lives and you guys still don't trust me?

Vera: Kind of hard to trust someone who sneaks on board our ship! What the hell do you want?

(pointing at Vera) Back off, chickadee, I'm not here to start trouble. I'm only here to check on that chick over there.

(Dante points at Winona, who gasps. Xiru looks at Winona, confusion on his face. Dante still never explained why he told Xiru and the others to protect Winona, but he kept the message to heart. A flashback of Dante's message flashes in his mind.)

The next time we do meet, I'll be sure to let you guys know. Until then --

(The flashback ends, Xiru nodding his head.)

Keep yourselves alive until we meet again. (to Dante) Well, here we are, why are you wanting us to protect her? Aren't I the one your employer wants?

Excuse me? What the hell's going on?

You're working for someone, bub?!

Not anymore. I decided to close that guy's case. He creeped me out.

Then what is it you want with me?

I had a feeling you would ask that, Winona. You guys might want to sit down..... maybe bring the whole crew on deck, no pun intended.

(Adam kept his eyes on Dante as he walked past him to the cabin. Even when he was about to enter it, he still had his eyes on Dante. It took a while before he managed to talk everyone, including Lucia, to come up onto the top deck. Dante sat on a box on the deck, keeping his eyes on Winona. Marino cast Dante a cold stare as he looked at him. He still never forgave the Devil Hunter for what he did to him or Quatre that day.)

Okay, we're all here, now why did you want us all to come up here?

Like I said, this concerns Winona.......

We covered that, what do you want with her?

(Dante continued to look at Winona, Xiru standing before her.)

Because she's a maiden of the twilight...... More like the Twilight Rune to be exact.

What? (looks at rune) This?

Joy: I thought Xiru was the rightful bearer to the Twilight Rune. Are you telling me that she's the chosen one to hold it?

No... But it's her that activates it. I learned this from my old client, some guy with red hair....

And a dark coat?

Yeah.... Sounds like you guys met.

Yes. But what does this all have to do with me?

I wasn't given the full details. All I know is that Winona is actually someone or something that comes to this world when someone is suffering from a lot of emotional and physical pain. Her name's in a few hidden records. Her songs cure the human heart and soothes them so that the pain vanishes. When her mission is done, she leaves to find another pained soul.

That's nonsense! Winona's human! She has to be!

Believe what you want to believe. I'm not saying that she's a threat to your world, no. If anything, you guys should be worshipping her like a goddess right now.

That doesn't fully explain why we have to protect her.

Or why the hell you attacked us in the Dusk Plains!

I'm getting to those parts. Winona's targeted by another one of those cloaked guys. He wants her power all to himself. If those powers are used for the wrong purpose..... well, I don't know what the hell'll happen. All I know is that it's bad.

Vague enough to make sense.

That's what I thought. As for why I attacked you guys earlier, it was because I thought you were those kind of people to use her powers for evil. Seeing Xiru use his rune on me nearly proved my theory until I saw how much he cared for her. You see, that other cloaked guy wants both Xiru AND Winona for his plan, whatever it is.

And that's why the Justice Bureau's getting involved too, to make sure that Xiru's powers don't fall in the wrong hands.

I still say we can handle this ourselves.

Shut your trap, hacker!

Guys, come on, don't --

(Before Joy can finish her sentence, she's stopped by an explosion. The blimp of the airship had exploded without warning. The explosion sent Dante flying off the side. Winona and Lucia scream as they are blasted forward. Xiru and Adam grab them both, making sure they don't fly over the side of the ship. Lucia groans, realizing she was in Adam's arms. Yorae holds onto Vera, Nick grabbing hold of Doris. The others were holding onto anything they could grab as the airship began to plummet downward. The scene cuts to a different part of the dark area, showing Marluxia, Larxene, and Axel standing on a hill.)

Did you really have to blow up their ship, Larxene?!

Larxene: We had to get them down here somehow.

Marluxia: And I like your style. (grins) Now let's go and pick at the remains. Got to make sure our package hasn't been damaged.

(Larxene giggles sadistically, Axel glaring at her. At the same time, the three members of the Organization vanish in dark portals as the airship crashes.)


(Winona groans in pain, lifting a piece of wood off of herself. She looked around to see that the airship had been totally destroyed, everyone on board had been thrown off as it crashed. She saw that Xiru hadn't let go of her even if they were about to plummet to their dooms. Seconds later, he opens his eyes, moaning in pain.)

Are you....... okay.......?

(coughs) Never.... better.......

(Winona and Xiru get to their feet, looking at the carnage and destruction around them. The place they were standing was an exact opposite of Sanzemica was. At the beach area, there was red waters flowing in. The flowers and trees were dead, even the fruit bearing in the trees was a disgusting, rotten, brown color. The sky above was an indigo color, the clouds red. A cold wind blew past them, not as refreshing as Sanzemica's. Winona and Xiru managed to get out of the wreckage, looking around. Xiru couldn't believe his eyes when he saw everyone lying on the ground hurt. Some of the people had wood on top of them, others were scrapped up pretty good.)

Where are we?

Female's voice: Dark Hill.

(Xiru and Winona turn around to see three dark portals opening. Emerging from them are three hooded members of the Organization. Xiru glares at them and pushes Winona behind him. The female hooded member giggles admiring the carnage.)

(hooded) Wow, look at this. I didn't think that this much damage would've been caused. This is my best job yet.

You did this?!

(hooded) Yes. She did an excellent job, as usual. But how rude of us, I don't think we met. Allow me to introduce myself.

Axel?!

(Axel unhoods himself, a perverse grin on his face.)

Ah, you committed my name to memory. How cute.

(Larxene is the next to unhood herself.)

You may call me Larxene. I am number twelve of the Organization. I'll even let you worms have the satisfaction of addressing me as either the Savage Nymph or the Apathetic Princess if you want, but Larxene's just fine.

(Marluxia unhoods himself last, grinning evilly at the two conscious members of the group.)

And I am number eleven of the Organization, the Elegant Assassin's Blade, Marluxia. (stretches out arms) Welcome to Dark Hill, Xiru and Winona!

(Xiru and Winona look at their surroundings, taking the scenery in. They had heard of Dark Hill from Yorae and Doris, but never imagined they'd see it.)

Dark Hill? The evil Sanzemica?

That's one way of putting it. This is the result of the Black Hearts contaminating this place with their darkness.

You're the one who wants Winona, aren't you?

Excuse me?

You heard me! You're the one who wants Winona, aren't you?!

Well, sounds like someone let the cat out of the bag.

Or you guys are just too obvious.

Either way, I'm not letting you hurt her!

(Marluxia cackles evilly, as does Larxene.)

What the hell's so funny?!

You stupid child, we're not here to hurt her, nor you.

Not too badly anyway.

(Xiru's eyes begin to glow gold, as does the Rune of Twilight. Winona sees this and smiles. Axel clicks his tongue and shakes his head, waving his index finger.)

Sorry, kid, can't let ya do that.

(Xiru looks at Axel and his eyes widen. His mouth drops a little, letting a gasp out. Before anyone knew it, Xiru's eyes revert to blue, the rune no longer glowing.)

(thinking) So ya do remember me.

What happened? Why didn't the rune work?!

(thinking) Or not.

Why didn't the rune work?

(grins) I guess it knows it's no match for the three of us. You see, we're not like the Wadjets or anyone of those pathetic nimrods we sent after you.

Exactly. We've known about the Twilight Rune long before it even decided to wake up.

(Xiru glares at the members of the Organization, Winona staying behind him as much as she can. Marluxia moves forward, reaching a hand out. Xiru looks to draw his sword, but he can't. He looks around, realizing his sword is not on him.)

Looking for this?

(Marluxia snickers as he holds out Xiru's sword. Winona reaches for her bow, and like Xiru, realizes it's not on her. Larxene grins evilly and snickers, holding both the bow and the quiver full of arrows.)

(in baby-talk) So sowwy, wittle girl, we can't wet you pway with such toys.

(Larxene laughs evilly before throwing the bow and arrow on the ground. Winona whimpers, Xiru growling at the Organization.)


(Marluxia reaches out once again, not taking his eyes off his prize. Before he can touch her, he hears something hitting the ground. He looks to see a rapier sticking out of the ground, blade first. He looks down at the weapon in confusion, then looks back to Xiru and Winona. The scene cuts to a different part of Dark Hill, showing a pale hand snapping its fingers. Suddenly, fire erupts from the ground where the rapier is, sending Marluxia back from Xiru and Winona. Larxene and Axel caught him before he could hit the ground. Xiru and Winona look on in confusion, wondering what happened. Their questions would be answered as a young woman with short blue hair and red eyes drops down in front of them, picking up the rapier.)

Woman: Game over........ Marluxia.


(The woman looks on the ground to see Xiru and Winona's weapons. She sees that the Organization members have been distracted with the explosion attack she performed so she quickly ran to retrieve them. As she picked a weapon up she would immediately throw it to its rightful owner. She quickly returned back to the two, her rapier pointed at the Organization.)

W-W-Who are you?!

Minerva...... Minerva Pallas....... I'll explain more later...... Until then, defend yourselves....

(Marluxia glares at Xiru and snaps his fingers with his right hand. In a flash of pink light and cherry blossoms, a long scythe appears in his hands. The scythe's blade was a deep pink color, while the stick part of it was a dark green. Larxene throws her arms out and brings them back to her face, three yellow kunai knives appearing between her fingers like claws. Axel shakes his head and holds his arms out, fire forming within them. Within seconds, the flames turned into his red chakrams.)

I didn't want to have to do this to you, Xiru, but now you just really pissed me off! (looks at Larxene) Kill the girl and take Xiru and Winona alive!

(raising kunais like claws) Can't guarantee he'll be one piece when I'm done! (laughs evilly)

(Larxene charges at the three with lightning quick speed. She was too fast that she looked like a yellow blur. She was obviously toying around with her prey first, cause she was running around the three in a fast circle. Xiru was trying his best to pinpoint her exact spot, but would miss every time with his sword. Winona tried to aim an arrow at the Apathetic Princess, only to miss her completely. Minerva didn't even flinch at all. She was unaffected by Larxene's trick. She's about to attack when a boomerang knocks her to the ground. Winona and Xiru turn to the direction the boomerang was thrown to see that Doris, Nick, and the rest of her team had recovered a lot quicker than they thought.)

Doris! Nick! Everyone! You're okay!

(Doris and Nick stand before the group, weapons prepared. Larxene growls at the blonde woman and glares at her. She kicks up to her feet, drawing more kunais into her hands.)

I'll have you know, girly! I don't miss!

Prove it then.

(Larxene charges at Doris and the rest of her team, who quickly take off in another direction, obviously to keep Xiru and Winona out of their fight. Marluxia looks at Axel.)

You know what must be done.

Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Don't go soft on me, Axel!

(Axel glares at Marluxia and moves toward Xiru and the others. He sighs and prepares for an attack against Minerva, but is blown back by a mini-explosion. They all look to see that Yorae and his team had recovered as well.)

You guys decide to throw a party and I'M not invited? Damn, I feel out of place!

Looks like we'll have to fix that problem, won't we?

(scoffs) I always hated party crashers......... (looks at Xiru) We'll settle this, Xiru.

I'll be waiting!

(Axel leaps over Xiru, Winona, and Minerva toward Yorae and co. on the wrecked airship. Marluxia shakes his head in disappointment.)

Must I do everything myself?!

Try it.

(Marluxia moves toward the three, raising his scythe high. Before it comes down, his shot is blocked two blue orbs. Xiru smiles realizing that his team had recovered. Sure enough, as he turned around, there they stood.)

We can't let you have all the fun, can we?

Nope, not really.

Anymore people I'm not aware of?!

(Xiru and his team gather, drawing their weapons. Joy kept in the background to avoid the fight as best she could. Xiru looks at each person fighting a member of the Organization, then looks back at Marluxia.)

I say this is pretty much it, Marluxia!

(Marluxia glares at Xiru and lets out a battle cry. The wind picks up, cherry blossom appear out of nowhere. Minerva stands before Xiru, taking the blossoms onto herself. She moans in pain, but she didn't seem too affected. The Elegant Assassin's Blade grins and chuckles evilly, staring at the pain Minerva was in.)

Now prepare yourselves for the ultimate battle!


(Axel is blasted backwards by a combined attack of lightning and wind. Kiyo and Megumi weren't holding anything back, not at all. Sunbeam even assisted, making Ponygon go into his silver armor mode. Folgore, although it wasn't much, had Kanchomé go into the battle to assist his friends. Axel tried his best to get past the Mamodo, but they kept blasting him with their attacks. Eventually, Axel lets out a war cry of his own and holds his arms outward, making a wave of fire appear. It slowly goes toward the Mamodos and their book readers. They quickly get out of the way, keeping in mind that if their books were burned, they'd lose their partners. The wall disappears after a few seconds, leaving Axel wide open. Mark and Fluisa knew they couldn't use their fire attacks, so they had to resort to their weapons. Mark ran to Axel and proceeded to punch him a few times in the chest, Fluisa shooting an arrow at the red-haired Nobody. The arrow didn't make it as Axel cuts it to shreds with one of his chakrams. Mark whimpers, backing away, but he's too late. Axel blasts him with a fireball, sending him into Fluisa. As the two land, Axel snickers and brushes his hair back with his fingers.)

Got it memorized?!

Haruko: Memorize this, pal!

(Axel looks up and see Haruko had jumped at him, raising her guitar high. He shakes his head and easily blocks the guitar shot with one of his chakrams. He swings the other one, but it goes past her. Haruko laughs and sticks her tongue at Axel. The red-haired Nobody chuckles back.)

Hey, why are you laughing?! You missed me! Do ya need glasses or somethin'!?

(Axel points behind her with his free hand. Haruko turns around to see Axel's chakram returning, but it's on fire. She screams and arches backwards into a bridge to avoid getting hit, unfortunately hitting her head as she touches the ground. Axel laughs and kicks Haruko in the back, sending her flying a few inches. Naota glares at Axel and swings his guitar at him, but he blocks it. The young man knew that the Nobody was going to throw his other chakram and was ready for it. Sure enough, Axel did just that. As it came back around, Naota dove out of the way, hoping it would hit its owner. He was wrong, seeing Axel grabbing the chakram back rather gracefully.)

My weapons don't betray me, kid. Got it memorized?!

(Axel blasts Naota with a large fireball, sending him flying through the stirring wheel of the ship. It was amazing see that the ship, or what was left of it, didn't catch fire after all those attacks from the pyro. Excel, standing right behind Axel, prepares her bazooka. The camera scrolls across the bazooka, revealing the name "Il Palazzo" carved into it along with a heart. The insane woman snickers and aims at her opponent. Axel turns toward her and his green eyes widen with surprise.)

Excel: Say CHEESE!

(Excel pulls the trigger to the bazooka, Axel waiting for the shot, but nothing happened. Everyone on board the ship blinks a few times in either confusion or embarrassment. Excel pulls the trigger again, nothing. She growls in frustration, lifts the bazooka into the air, and throws it down. As she does, the shot finally blasts out, hitting Axel right in the chest, sending him through the cabin. The red-haired Nobody groans in pain, sits up from the rubble, and shakes his head.)

That actually hurt......... (glares at Excel) You little bitch!

(Axel stands up and makes his chakrams ignite. Excel whimpers as the Wind-Dancing Flame throws his flaming weapons at her. She runs away from it, screaming, but no matter how much she tries to avoid the attack she is eventually hit, cutting her and burning her back and one of her legs. The chakrams return to their owner as he snickers at the sight of this.)

Got anymore people for me to knock down?!

Shut the hell up!

Got it memorized?!

(Axel turns and see Erik right behind him. Next to Erik is Yorae, who has his Hyperion gunblade ready. The two swing their weapons at the Nobody, but he blocks them both with his chakrams. He was stuck, with both his weapons caught he couldn't do his counterattack. Instead he kicks Erik in the gut and elbows Yorae in the face. The two agents stagger, but recover quickly, getting back into the battle. Axel executes his Fire Wall attack, but the two only either roll through it unharmed or jump over it. This caught Axel by surprise, leaving him wide open for Erik to hit him across the chest with his axe. He moans in pain and is blasted back by a gunshot from Yorae's gunblade. Just when he thought he didn't have enough problems, he is blasted back even further by an ice spell. Vera quickly united with her comrades, her staff raised in a defensive position.)

Still having your girlfriend protect you, huh, Yorae?

What the hell are you talking about?!

Don't listen to him. He's only trying to provoke you!

Ya think?

(chuckles) Looks like ya can't get along that well either. What a pity.

(Axel twirls his charkams in his hands, igniting them again. He grins evilly at the three and throws the ring weapons at them. Erik bats one while Yorae gets the other. Before the weapons return to their master, Vera blasts him again with an ice spell. Axel glares at the three.)

Y'know, you're really starting to piss me off!

(Axel hugs himself in pain, quickly leans up, releasing his arms outward, screams, and a white aura surrounds him. Yorae, Erik, and Vera stood on their guard. They knew something was coming and it was going to be bad for them. Axel glares at the three as he holds his chakrams out.)

Know your place!

(Axel's chakrams begin to spin rapidly like wheels. They ignite yet again, Yorae and the others thinking he was going to throw them. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, as Axel's entire body bursts into flames. The Nobody charges at the three, streaking across the air like a comet. As he past each one of them, he would slash at them with his burning chakrams, burning and cutting them. As he finished this rapid attack, the flames disappear and he lands on his face, his back to them. The three moan in pain and drop to the ground on their knees. Axel grins evilly.)

Got it memorized?!

(Axel walks over to Yorae, holding his chakram up high. He was ready to end his life.)

Maybe now you'll learn to leave him alone......

(Axel swings his chakram down, the camera cutting away. All the audience hears is a steel-entering-flesh sound, along with Vera screaming. The camera cuts back to them, a look of shock on Axel's face. He didn't hit his preferred target. Instead, he had hit Vera, his chakram sticking out of her back. Erik stares with his mouth wide open, Yorae looking on in complete shock. Axel backs away, shaking his head. Yorae checks on Vera, tears forming in his eyes.)

Vera? Vera?! Vera, baby?!

(Vera coughs a few times, blood exiting her mouth.)

Baby, come on! Don't do this to me! Please!

(Yorae sheds a few tears, before looking up at Axel. He glares at the Wind-Dancing Flame, his eyes turning a white color. Axel had seen this one too many times. Sure enough, Yorae's hair turns white and a white aura shines around him.)

You son of a bitch!!

(Yorae gets to his feet, holding his Hyperion out toward Axel, who backs away.)

W-W-Wait....!! You don't understand! I-I-I wasn't aiming for her!

Shut the hell up!

(Yorae swings his gunblade at Axel as the camera cuts to another part of Dark Hill.)


(Larxene leaps into the air and throws her kunai knives at Doris and her team. They scramble to avoid the kunai, but they didn't know that's what exactly Larxene wanted them to do. She laughs sadistically and snaps her fingers. The clouds begin light up as bolts of lightning shoot down onto each kunai that has hit the ground. As the lightning hits the knives, an explosion of electricity surges throughout the battlefield, shocking the team. Kouichi, now in Löwemon form, leads the other Legendary Warriors into battle against Larxene. Chiaki does her Draining Rain on Larxene, making acid rain pour onto her. She screams in pain and uses her lightning quick speed to avoid it, rubbing the acid off of her quickly. Katsuhara and Teppei were next, as they performed their Bombarding Seed-Grotto Hammer combination attack. Larxene sees it coming and kicks the seed back at them, causing an explosion that sent them flying back. Teruo charges Larxene next, throwing a punch with his Irony Shields. She snickers and bridges backwards to avoid the attack, kicking Teruo under the chin as she does. He stumbles back as she gracefully flips back up to her feet.)

Come on, don't tell me I broke you already.

(Larxene throws her kunais at Teruo, each one turning into a beam of yellow, electric energy. Teruo grins and holds his Irony Shields up to his face. They glow a white color as he pulls the kunais in. The Savage Nymph blinks a few times in confusion before making more kunai form. She glares at the Legendary Warrior of Steel.)

What did you do?!

Mercuremon/Teruo: Remember the saying, "I am rubber, you are glue?" (holds up shields) Well now, this puts that phrase into a whole new meaning. Dark Reflection!

(Larxene tilts her head to the side in confusion, but realizes what was going to happen. Teruo blasted her back with her own attack. She quickly dodges the beams as best she can, some streaking past her arms and legs, cutting her a little. She winces in pain and glares at her opponent. She's about to throw more kunai at him, but knew that he would only reflect it back. She growls and looks around her. Chiaki and Kouichi were ready for an attack as well. She grins evilly, devising a plan she knew would work.)

Come on, little toys, shoot me! Gimme your best shot!

Ranamon/Chiaki: What is she doing?

Löwemon/Kouichi: Don't ask questions! Now's the time to strike!

(Chiaki performs her Draining Rain, Teruo with a Dark Reflection, and Kouichi with a Shadow Meteor. Just as they execute them, Larxene leaps into the air, snickering to herself. The attacks collide and explode on impact, sending the three Digimon to the ground. Before they can get to their feet, she throws her kunais, each turning into a beam of electric energy, each one hitting them. She was right, she never truly misses. As she lands on her feet, she is kicked in the side of the head. She turns to see that Trish was her next opponent. She snickers and charges at her. Trish arches backwards, avoiding Larxene's attack. The Apathetic Princess looks on in confusion before Trish brings her legs around Larxene. She begins to the spin before taking her down to the ground, head first. Larxene gets to her feet, holding her head in pain. As she turns around, Trish chops her across the chest, followed by three more. The Savage Nymph didn't realize it, but Trish was using wrestling moves on her, almost making her feel like she was in a wrestling match against her. Trish does her Chick Kick again, almost hitting her in the head, but Larxene grabs her foot. She laughs, but before she knew it, Trish leaps up, spins around, and kicks Larxene in the back of the head. Larxene gets up and glares at Trish.)

Trish: Don't tell me you're afraid of little ol' me.

You.... little...... bitch!

(Larxene whips her hands out, making more kunai appear, forming claws with them. She dashes towards Trish and quickly back hand swipes her with her left claw, then swipes her with her right claw, spins and does a back left kick. She quickly follows up with a right high kick, drops onto her back, spins onto her head and commences with eight spinning top kicks. She lands on her feet while kneeing down and swings both claws upward, sending Trish airborn. She quickly jumps up towards the AI and does a reverse somersault, knocking her flat onto the ground and then tosses her knives down at her. Trish screams in pain as each knife hits her. Larxene cackles evilly, watching Trish try to get to her feet. Before she can, Larxene kicks in the side of the head.)

Oops, looks like I broke it.

(Nick and Doris charge into battle. They were knocked aside earlier in the fight, thanks to Larxene. Nick shoots a few round from his gun at her, but Larxene deflects the shots quick with her kunai-claws. She cackles evilly, throwing the knives at Nick, each one hitting him in either his shoulders or legs. He moans in pain, trying to pull them out. Before he can, Larxene holds her hands out, causing lightning to strike the kunai in him. He screams in pain and drops to his knees. Doris glares at Larxene and throws her boomerang at her. However, the Savage Nymph throws more kunai, making the boomerang drop.)

Please, and that fool Elmore lost to you how?!

Underestimating me!

(Doris runs at Larxene and grabs her boomerang. She swings it, not throwing it, at her, but Larxene blocks it with her claws. She kicks Doris in the gut, sending her backwards. Nick gets to his feet and shoots at Larxene again, this time scoring a direct hit in her chest. She moans in pain and glares at Nick. She disappears into the sky with a flash of lightning and land right in front of him with the same lightning effect. He's caught off guard, Larxene laughing evilly. She then performs the same combo that she did on Trish on Nick, driving him into the ground.)

(recovering) Nick!

Oops, did I do that?

(Larxene cackles again, turning her attention to Doris. She then kneels down with her hands to her ground and extremely quickly dashes at Doris. She tries to slice Doris with her claws, but Doris is able to match her speed, blocking her shots with her boomerang. They both start running in one direction side to side at mach speed and start hacking and blocking one another with their unique weapons. Larxene grins evilly, landing a claw into Doris' stomach. She trips, Larxene catching her in midair with a reverse bear hug. She spins and drives Doris at 30 degree angle into the ground with a thunder effect circling them both.)

Don't tell me you're giving up already!

(Doris groans and gets to her feet.)

Not even....... close......!

(Doris and Larxene start to slash and block each other's attacks yet again. Larxene tries to drive her claw into Doris again, but she sees it coming this time. Doris jumps over her, catching her with her boomerang under her arm. Larxene gasps in surprise as she is flinged into the air. While she's airborne, Doris quickly throws her Magirang at Larxene, hitting her in the gut and driving her down into the ground, pinning her.)

It's over, Larxene!


(Marluxia swings his scythe quickly at Brimstone and Amy, but they quickly dodge it. Amy blasts him with a bolt of lightning, Brimstone following the attack with his Hellfire twister. To their surprise, Marluxia spins his scythe to cancel out the attacks. The two charge him, only to blasted away by his cherry Blossom Shower. He snickers to himself, before turning his attention to Marino, Quatre, and Tachibana. The two AIs form their orb weapons, hurling them straight at the Elegant Assassin Blade, but he deflects them with his scythe. Marino charges forth, swinging his sword at Marluxia, only to have it blocked by the massive scythe.)

My my, you have an impressive weapon........ yet you can't even use it correctly.

What the hell would you know?!

(grins) A lot more than you know, my friend.

(Marluxia blasts Marino with a Blossom Shower, sending him backwards. He cackles at the sight of this but is pelted in the head by the orb weapons that Quatre and Tachibana have sent out. He tries to deflect them again, only now they were hitting him from both sides. With this distraction, Lucia gets into the fight by blasting Marluxia with balls of green energy from her rings, each orb hitting him hard. He moans in pain and frustration, blasting the AIs and Lucia with a Blossom Shower, sending them back.)

Come on, guys, get up! You do this! You guys defeated the Wadjets! He should be nothing!

Like I said before, we're nothing like the Wadjets!

(Marluxia cackles evilly again. He stops laughing as he feels something hit in the shoulder. He sees a dagger had been thrown at him. He looks at the owner of the dagger, seeing Adam with his Tiamat blade ready. Minerva stands by him as well, glaring at Marluxia.)

You come anywhere near Xiru or Winona.........

We'll kill you.......

(Marluxia glares at the two and prepares for their attacks. The two sword wielders charge forth, clashing with him. As the weapons collided, sparks began to fly. The Elegant Assassin Blade tries to hit them with his Deathscythe attack, but Minerva blocks it. She didn't seem affected by anything that Marluxia was hurling at her. He glares at her and hits her with a Blossom Shower. Unlike the others, she stood her ground, continuing to glare at her opponent. Adam swings his sword at Marluxia, hitting him across the face. He groans and glares at the last member of the Vargas family before swinging his scythe again. Before it hits, he is blocked by another sword. There stood Xiru, who glares at Marluxia. All three begin to fight against the leader of the rebelling side of the Organization, trying their best to disarm him. During the fight, Marluxia blasts all three of them with a Blossom Shower, sending them back a few inches. Winona finally joins the battle by shooting an arrow at Marluxia, hitting him in the leg. He screams in pain and turns his attention to her. She shoots another arrow, this one nailing him in the other leg. He screams and falls to his knees. He tries his best to get the arrows out without getting hit by the three attackers. After a while, he manages to get the arrows out.)

You think you've won, haven't you?

We know we have!

(Marluxia grins evilly at the three.)

Such confidence! That's so like you!

(Xiru stares in confusion before he is blasted by another Blossom Shower. Adam and Minerva charge at him, only to be repelled back by Marluxia's Deathscythe attack. Winona was all by herself. She prepares another arrow, but Marluxia uses his Blossom Shower to blow the bow out of her hands. She whimpers, but gets in a fighting stance.)

Please, don't do this, my little doll. You'll only get damaged and your value will be useless.

Why do you want me so bad?

Why wouldn't anyone want you?

(Marluxia grins evilly and reaches for Winona. Before he can touch her, he is knocked back by a bolt of electric energy. He looks to see someone standing before Winona, holding two guns at him. He glares at the attacker, revealing Dante.)

D-D-Dante! You're alive!

Jackpot!

(Dante pulls the triggers to his gun and proceeds to fire at Marluxia, who deflects the bullets with his scythe. The Devil Hunter continues to fire, Marluxia still deflecting the bullets. Before he knew it, his scythe is knocked out of his hands. He looks to see Adam had done it.)

Why you little --

Winona! Xiru! NOW!

(Marluxia backhands Adam, sending him to the ground. Xiru gets to his feet and gets by Winona, who grabs her bow. The Twilight bearer's eyes begin to glow gold, as does the rune. He raises his right hand into the air, Marluxia gasping.)

(unemotionally) Dusk Till Dawn!

Aw, crap.....

(Marluxia knew what was coming up. He stares in terror as a pillar of golden light surrounded him. Needles of golden light pierced through the flesh of the imprisoned Organization member. Marluxia screams out in pain, blood escaping his wounds. Xiru looked at Winona who nodded. She loaded another arrow on her bow and a pink light surrounded it. She shot it out and the arrow pierced through the pillar of light, causing it to explode in a golden fire. Marluxia screams in pain as he flies backwards.)

(unemotionally) It's over...... Marluxia.......

(Like before, Xiru's eyes return to their normal blue state. He started to feel a little dizzy and falls back, Dante catching him in time.)


(Marluxia pants heavily, looking at the battlefield. Axel and Larxene weren't doing too well themselves. He growls in disappointment and looks at Xiru. He felt such hatred toward him. This day, he would not get his prize. He looks back to his comrades.)

Axel! Larxene! Let's get out of here! We'll try again some other day!

(avoiding a shot from Yorae) W-W-What?! Are you serious?!

(blocking a shot from Doris) We can still win!

It's all for naught! We're over! Let's get the hell out of here now! Do you want to disappear?!

Not today!

Hell no.

Then come on! Retreat!

(Axel shakes his head, looking at Yorae, who stops swinging his gunblade. He looks at Vera, who is being tended to by Erik.)

(silently) I'm sorry.....

(Axel vanishes in a black mist, followed by Larxene. Marluxia looks back at Xiru.)

We'll retreat for now, but you can count on another encounter!

(Marluxia vanishes last in a black mist. As he does, the scene cuts to Yorae, who reverts back to his normal form. He looks back at Vera, whose skin has paled quickly. He felt his eyes burn with tears as he walks over to her. He embraces her, sobbing on her fallen and broken body. Erik felt the same pain as Yorae and shed a few tears. Xiru, Winona, Doris, Nick, and the others look at the broken airship, realizing that something had happened during the battle. Yorae continues to sob, still clutching Vera. He never thought that something like this would happen to her. The sound of footsteps echo in the air as the group stands on the broken ship, standing around Yorae. That was when they saw their fallen comrade, Vera, in the arms of Yorae. Winona lowers her head, closing her eyes. She silently sings to herself, making sure no one else could hear her. Xiru turns to Winona, as though he could hear her singing. The event transpiring was sad enough, but the song was also adding onto the mood. Though Xiru didn't know Vera that well, he still shed a tear for his fallen comrade. Flashbacks begin to play that feature clips of Vera during the adventure as Winona continues to silently sing. The first flashback is when Yorae is about to be sent to the computer world.)

You don't have to come if you don't want to, Vera.

Nonsense, Yorae. I can't let you go in there by yourself.

Sure he can't. (mockingly) We can't let little Yorae go in without his girlfriend.

Cut it out, Erik!

(Erik laughs as the three walk down a hallway. Another flashback takes place.)

This is so exciting! I'm actually going to a concert I want to see! Thank you, Yorae!

H-Hey, no problem, Vera.....

(Another flashback takes place after that one.)

(sobbing) Don't you ever do something like that again!

I promise..... Vera....

Good......... Good........

How long was I out?

Only a few hours, if you can believe that. It's nearing dusk hour already. Everyone else went to go get some food though.

And you stayed behind..... for me?

You're my boyfriend, I couldn't leave you alone even for a split second. (giggles) Don't worry though. I've been envoking my magic on you every hour. It seems like your arm and hand will recover again when I use my magic again. Your other wounds should've healed by now. But you have to remember this, though, that arm might break again if you overwork yourself when it heals.

I'm cutting it off.

What?

I can't afford to be lying in bed while the world's in danger, let alone the Wadjet running amok. (to Vera) Vera, I'm going to this arm replaced with a prosthetic one. With you..... support me if I do so?

(Vera's eyes widen in surprise. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. After a few seconds of thinking it over, she nods.)

I'll always support your decisions, Yorae. Never forget that.

Hey, that's good. Also....... did Delvin ever say where the lab was?

Yeah, the Jahus Swamp. We were going to investigate as soon as you recovered.

Okay. Did he say anything else?

Um....... He did........ He wanted me to tell you..... that he was sorry.

(smiles) I knew that old bag couldn't stay bad forever.

(Another flashback occurs.)

As long as the ring should glow, we'll know we're on the right track.

Good girl, Vera. Now I know what I fell in love with you.

(Vera giggles. The flashback ends, Yorae still embracing Vera as the scene fades out.)


Ending Song: In This Serenity
(Clips of the next episode play.)

Yorae, I'm sorry.....

Don't be.....

Do you still want to continue on?

Yes...... Vera would want it that way. I wouldn't want to miss out on kicking Wesker's ass!

Worry about Wesker later, we've got problems!

Oh boy, you're not kidding.

Next on "Dämmerung: Soulful Twilight," episode 28, "Biohazard!" Hey, the rune's not working!