Guardian

Stop and I'll shoot!

Background: My most popular story to date. I'm really quite surprised with how this one turned out; it started as nothing but a half-baked idea that I thought would likely burn out after a year or so. Up until this story, all the Ranma-as-a-police-officer fics seemed to be needlessly dark, extremely OOC bits (and a few of them locked Ranma in cursed form. Bleagh.). I thought, "Why not do something a little different?" And thus, Guardian was born. With the exception of Ranma Saotome himself, the cast is practically all-original, with every character hand-designed for a future role and conclusion, making this my most original and "alternate" series. This in itself is a problem, as I've essentially cut off all established characters until some chapter long in the future where they will be reintroduced only to be swiftly discarded. However, people seem to like the cast, and applaude the progression of the bizarre plot. I was going to sort of bounce around with different kind of aliens and monsters during the course of the series, but I got off to an early start with the terrorist plot, and it seems that's worked out pretty well so far. To be honest, I'm totally unsatisfied with the beginning to this series, and I believe this is a major stain in the storyline, but I'm uncertain as how to rewrite it. Until I figure that out though, later chapters are getting better and better as I refine my technique. Though, killing off Santa Claus was really kind of weak, I admit it.

Plot: Ranma joins a strange police force that's charged with defending Tokyo from supernatural phenomenae. On the job, Ranma encounters the forces of the Freedom's Angels, a terrorist network bent on overthrowing Japan with convenient access to a number of biological superweapons. Well, it's time for the FA's superweapons to meet the DA's one-man army.

Story Background: Ranma manages to snag a cure for his curse on a long, solo training journey to China, but gets back home to see Akane has shed the engagement for good. Skipping over the overused and totally cliche "Ranma-gets-upset-about-his-life-and-blows-everyone-off", Ranma joins a police force in central Tokyo, leaving behind his family, rivals, and fiancees in Nerima. Meanwhile, a huge underground terrorist network makes a scientific breakthrough in the field of genetic engineering, and turns its attention toward the manufacturing giants of Japan, eager to begin construction of their war machines.

D.A.P.C. (Department of Abnormal Phenomenae Containment)

C.O.R.E. (Central Organized Response Echelon)

Freedom's Angels

Wanderers