Author: Lime Alert! I don’t write lemons, so don’t ever expect one from me. This chapter is a little lemony at the end but that’s probably as far as I’ll ever go. Oh and I’ve changed the poll at my site. Please vote and let me know what your opinion is. That way, I can make a decision and get the saga out to you faster. (Darn, now I’ve just revealed that it isn’t the end.)

 

 

Chapter 10

 

Laughing was a forgotten skill

Happiness but a distant memory

And suddenly my life is abundant with both.

 

Piccolo had been impatient to reveal to everyone that Kyloa was alive, so he had picked her up and immediately took to the air. After getting over her shock, Kyloa had laughed. It was the first time Piccolo had ever heard her laugh and it felt amazingly good to hear. It meant she was happy. Done laughing but still smiling, Kyloa told him that they should visit Dende and Mr. Popo first to tell them the good news. After all, Mr. Popo had been the one to raise her. Embyr and Byrn followed, all but forgotten by their respective partners in their joy.

When they got there, Mr. Popo actually let out a few tears upon seeing Kyloa and, shocking Dende, carelessly dropped his watering can as he ran to hug her. "Oh, I can’t believe it!"

Kyloa patted his back and then pulled away. "Believe it, Father Popo. Kaachi was determined that I finish what I was meant to."

That was when Dende and Mr. Popo noticed how close Piccolo and Kyloa were standing together. Dende smiled cheerfully. "So that’s the way the wind blows. I guess you guys want me to perform a binding ceremony."

Kyloa smile dimmed a little and she looked at Piccolo. "Only if Piccolo is willing to do it."

Piccolo crossed his arms. "Just what exactly is a binding ceremony?"

"A binding ceremony is the Shizen way of getting married. It is how Kan became mortal. Our souls will be binded to each other and I will age as you do. When you die, I die. When I die, you die."

Piccolo raised an eye ridge at her. "This is how the Shizen show their affection for each other?"

"If you don’t want to –" Kyloa never got a chance to finish her sentence. Piccolo leaned down and gave her a quick kiss on the lips, surprising them all at his public display of affection.

"I am fine with it. I think it is the ultimate way to display how I feel. This way, I can protect you using my own life." Piccolo turned to Dende. "What do we have to do?"

Dende stepped forward. "Well, you will need witnesses. Three married couples and three bachelors, to be exact. No children are allowed to witness a binding ceremony."

Before Piccolo could respond, there was a flash of light and suddenly a new person appeared on the scene. They all gaped as what looked to be Goku walked towards them. "Hi, guys! Is it alright if I come to your wedding?"

Recovering from her shock, Kyloa couldn’t help but smile a little at Goku’s abundant cheerfulness. "Goku! What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be dead!"

Goku scratched his head and gave a little laugh. "Yeah, I know I’m supposed to be but your mom had a talk with the Grand Kai and worked out a deal for me. Actually, it was more like she yelled at him ‘til he agreed. I’m allowed to come back and visit one day a year, of my choice. She said I should go today, since a lot will be happening."

Piccolo smirked. When the Earth wanted things to go her way, she could be really pushy about it. "Alright then. You can go fetch your wife and Gohan and that’ll take care of the first married couple and bachelor."

"Father Popo can be our second bachelor," suggested Kyloa.

"I would be honored," said Mr. Popo, bowing. "But you know, the name Kyloa no longer suits you. With a little luck, you will no longer be ‘the only one’. From now on, your name should be Kya, the first one."

Kyloa blushed at the implication Mr. Popo was making. She let the name roll off her tongue. "Kya." She tilted her head in thought and then turned to her soon to be mate. "What do you think Piccolo?"

"I think the name suits you," said Piccolo.

"Kya it is then," pronounced Dende.

"Who else should we invite to the ceremony?" asked the renamed woman.

It was decided that Piccolo would fetch Krillin, Eighteen, Bulma, Vegeta, and Sixteen to come attend the ceremony. Once they had gotten over their shock of Kya being alive and getting a new name and Goku coming back, they were more than willing to attend to the ceremony. Within an hour, Dende was ready to begin the ceremony.

Kya and Piccolo stood before Dende, with the married witnesses on their left and the bachelors on their right. "Great Earth, these two souls are ready to be bound to each other for all eternity."

Dende held out an ornate silver cup and a plain knife, the same one Kya had used in other rituals. "Give up thy blood, in exchange for thy beloved’s, and become one."

Calmly taking the knife, Kya sliced her palm. Holding out her hand and applying pressure filled a fourth of the cup with her blood. Taking the kerchief Mr. Popo offered, Kya bandaged her hand and then handed the knife to Piccolo. Taking the knife, Piccolo made a deep slash upon his palm so it would not heal right away. Applying pressure, he was able to fill the cup the rest of the way with his blood.

Dende gave the cup a gentle shake and the blood swirled, mixing. He handed the cup to Kya. She looked up into Piccolo’s eyes and said, "By this blood I swear my life unto you. My life is now in your hands."

Staring into the cup, Kya took a deep breath as if bracing herself. Tipping the cup, she took a long drink from it. Closing her eyes, she handed the cup to Piccolo as a dizzy spell hit her. She wavered as a strange power burned through her veins. She could barely keep herself on her feet.

"Hurry Piccolo and drink the rest so the binding will be complete. That is what is causing her pain," commanded Dende.

Piccolo studied the blood within as if it held his destiny. Closing his eyes, he finished off the cup in one gulp. Dende quickly took the cup before it fell from his shaky hands. A strange fire was coursing through his veins and suddenly, it went away. He opened his eyes to see that Kya was alright as well.

"The binding is now complete. You two will from now on be bondmates, together for life with no secrets and no misunderstandings," pronounced Dende.

Piccolo felt the most unusual sensation in his mind. Pictures, memories, were flashing through his mind. They were Kya’s memories. At the same time, he knew that his own memories were going through her mind. It was like a door had been opened between their minds and now there was no way it could be closed. Piccolo felt a little fear at someone knowing his deepest, innermost thoughts but looking deep into Kya’s eyes, he knew she had the same doubts and fears and it felt reassuring. Picking up his train of thought, Kya gave a timid little smile.

Piccolo reached forward and pulled her into his arms, but for some reason her body went rigid with nervousness. Although she tried to hide it, Piccolo was able to reach into her mind and find what was making her nervous. This is indeed useful. She won’t be able to run anymore he thought privately to himself with a smirk. Returning to the issue at hand, he communicated to her telepathically, to keep their conversation private. I know what you are afraid of. But do not worry. It is my first time as well, remember?

Kya looked up and saw the private little smile that he was showing only to her. I had forgotten. I guess we will learn together, won’t we?

Yes, we will. With that, Piccolo took to air with Kya safely secured within the circle of his arms, not bothering to say farewell. Goku looked after the retreating figures, a slight frown marring his usual cheerful features. "Hey, that was awful rude of them! Couldn’t they say good-bye before taking off?"

Vegeta and Eighteen gave Goku disgusted looks while the others glanced at him with surprise and embarrassment. "They have other things on their minds right now, Goku," exclaimed Chichi.

"Huh?"

Everyone sweatdropped.

"They’ve gone to consummate their marriage, you imbecile," announced Vegeta, having no qualms about speaking of sexual matters.

Everyone turned pink at his comment but Goku managed to turn downright red. Mumbling unintelligible courtesies to Dende and Mr. Popo, the gang left for the Kame House to hopefully regain their dignity and spend the rest of day visiting with Goku without any further mishaps.

Far away from the impromptu party, Piccolo and Kya were having their own private meeting. He had taken her to her home, to the cave behind the waterfall. There he found a comfortable nest of blankets, which would be suitable for now. But he knew in the future that they would probably need a house. Especially if they had children, which the Earth was determined that they do.

Gently he settled himself on the blankets, keeping Kya in his arms. She glanced at him, slightly amused. Determined not to let me get away?

With your track record, I think it best that I keep you close. Her eyes dimmed a bit with sadness but Piccolo would not let her look away. Stroking her cheek gently, he brushed his lips with hers in a short, tender sweet kiss. The sweetness of it made her sigh. "I love you," he said, a finger tracing her lips.

She looked at him and Piccolo was able to read her eyes. They were filled with a slight passion but mostly with a deep affection for him. "And I love you."

Feeling that the time for talk had passed, he kissed her, long and slow. She kissed back, the feel of his lips on hers effectively pushing away her worries. Not breaking the kiss, they lowered themselves to the ground. Pausing only for breath, they continued to kiss as their clothing disappeared piece by piece. They explored each other’s bodies slowly, enjoying the sensations and building their passions for one another gradually. When he finally entered her, the pain was minimal, and they reached their peaks shortly after.

They awoke several times throughout the night, reaching out as if to reassure themselves that the other was there and then to continue their lovemaking. In the morning, they rose together to watch the sunrise, secure in the fact that they were together now and would never part.

 

 

The deepest parts of our souls have been bared

But deep in my heart

My love beats true and strong

And I know my faith is sound

Deep within I will hold you close

And I know you will do the same

Even when I close my eyes

You are always there

In the recesses of my mind

The nightmares that plagued me

The fear that haunted me

Have all disappeared

Because of your soothing touch

And calming thoughts within

Where ever you go

My heart will be with you

As yours is always with me.

 

 

*End of the Frozena Saga*

Is this truly the end? Or is it just the beginning?


Go Back a Chapter
Retrun to THE FROZENA SAGA