- ...You carefully watch End of Evangelion
to determine whether Ritsuko really DOES type "I need you."
and complain loudly when you figure out, through careful pausing, that
she has only typed "I need."
- ... You lie in an empty†bath tub mumbling
about your "synch ratio zero..."
- ... You describe yourself as an†"empty
vessel yet to have a soul," and have bloody bandages in a box in
the corner of your room.
- ...You insist to your friend who works at
the Zoo on naming the newborn penguin Pen-Pen.
- ...You decipher the Sephiroth Scale of the
Ten Divine Names and read over it for fun.
- ...You hear about a friend getting a virus
on his computer, and immediately try to recall all of Ritsuko's keystrokes.
- ...Every time you see a dirty room, you
think of Misato.
- ...You meet a guy in reality named Shinji,
and can not help but wonder if he and his father hate each other.
- ...Because you found a guy named Shinji,
you are confident that you will find Rei and Asuka
- ....You smack people in the face and tell
them that it's a bargain viewing rate.
- ...Your friends expose themselves back.
- ...You were the only one of your friends
who didn't think the Rei figurine with the detachable head was creepy.
- ...You get highly offended when your friend
tells you if it's hot out, you should take your sweater
- ...Ouzo disappointed when the school guidance
counselor says your not cut out for NERV employment.
- ...You watch Trainspotting and Eva 0:13 in
the same session, run to the front door, throw it open and scream: "CHOOSE
- ...No, mom, you're not supposed to say 'Ohh,
hi honey.' Here's how it works: I say "I'm home" and you reply "Welcome
- ...You sit in your chair with nothing to
do and you say "I never thought that doing nothing could be this exhausting"
- ...To ask for an impossible favor you offer
a steak dinner.
- ...In the Playstation game "Rival Schools"
you always Use akira as your back up character, because of her team
- ...You know the Names of all the NERV techs.
- ...In Social Studies class your teacher say
to makeup an island. You name your island Eva and
- put the capitol Tokyo-3.
- ...You start acting like you favorite Eva
- ...Your friends go to Japan and you throw
a fit when they don't bring you anything back that
- has to do w/ eva.
- ...You get a Renault Alpine and try to park
like Misato...and succeed.
- ...You say, "It's hot" and your friend replies,
- ...You start to bathe more frequently because
it cleans the mind and soul.
- ...Half a maple leaf with the words "God's
in his heaven, All's Right with the World" appear
- in your dreams.
- ...You arrest your son when he doesn't come
out of the car, and tell him that it is against the law to use the car
in a personal vendetta.
- ...Your computer opens with Thesis of a
Cruel Angel and closes with "Fly Me to the Moon"
- ...You keep on having flashbacks of yourself
crying at age three when your mother disappears.
- ...When you wake up in a hospital, the first
thing you think of is a giant eye.
- ...You get fired from your job as a street
painter when you start painting the streets with signs to warn motorists
there is an EVA plug ahead.
- ...You know the subtle differences between
the translation of the Japanese version and the dubbed version.
- ...You saw Kaoru in Slayers Try.
- ...You dido see Kaoru in Slayers Try because
You were too busy watching Eva.
- ...You see a window overlooking a large room
and you avoid it because you're afraid that Unit 00 will go berserk
and try to smash it.
- ...You blame passengers for creating "thought
noise" when your car won't start.
- ...You get in your friend's new Volkswagen
and you begin thinking "bratwurst, strudel..." and other German words
so you don't mess up their synchronization.
- ...In an awkward situation, you say nothing
and stand perfectly still for an entire minute.
- ...You just start singing "Tumbling down,
tumbling down, tumbling dooooown"
- ...When asked to point Tokyo out on a map,
you ask "1, 2, or 3?"
- ...You arrive to the conclusion that Rei
is not mentally insane.
- ... You try to work out, genetically, if
a 1/4 Japanese girl could have red hair and blue eyes.
- ...You wish you could replace a V8 engine
with an S2 engine.
- ...Real girls start to look less attractive
- ...You start seeing lines, zigzags, and other
thickly drawn shapes in black on a white background in your dreams.
- ...Every time you dream, Shinji's voice
repeats, "Enemy. Enemy. Enemy! ENEMY!”
- ...You're pissed that your city doesn't
have buildings that rise up out of the ground like Tokyo-3 does.
- ...You make a large hand-shaped indentation
in you lawn and tell people that you narrowly missed being crushed by
a falling Unit 01 because you were between two of its fingers.
- ...You don't pay your power bill because
you think that "all the power in Japan is yours ."
- ...You slap anyone who hates their hard-to-know,
- ...You go to driver training, and when the
instructor asks the class to explain why it's unsafe to pick up hitchhikers,
you scream, "You can't allow unauthorized personnel into the entry plug!"
- ...Whenever you kiss your boyfriend, you
hold his nose because "it tickles my face" then run off to the bathroom
and start gargling madly.
- ...You tell people that your computer was
programmed using your mother's personality, and it was divided into:
Your mother as a woman, your mother as a parent/mother, and your mother
as a scientist.
- ...You know almost all of the lines word
perfect and when you watch an episode you can speak along with it.
- ...You make up an EVA drinking game (see
- ...After you watch something you say "That
was nothing compared to Evangelion."
- ...You take a psychology course just so
you can better understand the mental conditions of all the characters
- ...You learn to read Japanese just so you
can play the Evangelion card game, or read the imported manga you just
- ...You talk to someone for the first time
and talk to them about Eva even though the donor even know what anime
- ...You sign everyone's yearbook " Gods in
his heaven allots right with the world"
- ...You actually know that Robert Browning
- ...You decide to learn Japanese just so you
can view the series in its unabridged, undubbed, unsubbed glory.
- ...When a girl complains she's on her period
and you say "So? That shouldn't affect your synch ratio."
- ...You think about EVA more than you think
of your Girlfriend/boyfriend.
- ...You want to get the same Walkman as Shinji.
- ...When in a sticky situation you say " I
mustn't run away ... I mustn't run away" over and over.
- ...Ouzo doing a writing sample for school,
you write one including every Eva character you can fit, and Tokyo-3.
Your teacher thinks it's highly original. You think it's hilarious.
- ...You convert your basement into an underground
shelter just in case an Angel attacks.
- ...You realize that your friend CJ's name's
closest translation in Japanese is Shinji.
- ...You scour the nation's school uniform
stores searching for Rei/Asuka's dress.
- ...You take offense when your beloved calls
- ...Your boyfriend tells you he's getting
a second job, and you shoot him.
- ...You buy a Frank Sinatra CD just so you
have another version of "Fly Me To The Moon".
- ...You spend more money on Eva merchandise
than on food.
- ...Someone asks you to send them a .wav file
for them to identify you by, and you send Asuka
- shouting, "Are you an idiot?!"
- ...You give someone a lecture on tenshi
vs. Shinto and they say "Enough, I've already heard it!"
- ...You cried when you finished the last
- ...You have ICQed people out of the blue
because their nicknames were Eva-related.
- ...You brag to your friends that you match
more items on this list than they do.
- ...You plan on getting having a baby in
2001 so that they'll be old enough to be pilots, then kill yourself
so they'll be "motherless children ."
- ...You do your final paper in English class
- ...Your friends who have never seen the series
start making up symptoms after watching you talk about Eva
- ...You do your psychology thesis on the
psychological themes in Evangelion.
- ...You legally change your name to one of
the Eva characters
- ...You realize that you'll be 29 and your
best friend will be 30 in the year 2015. (Misato and Ritsuko)
- ...You realize that for every character
in Evangelion you have a friend similar to him/her.
- ...You actually noticed it when, in Genesis
0:1, the roof of Misato's car was dented and two seconds later it was
- ...You noticed when Ritsuko's earrings weren't
attached to her ears.
- ...You noticed Misato's earring change in
Genesis 0:1 from suns to pearls, plus, she never wears the sun earrings
- ...You find it kind of funny that this page
is on Angelfire.
- ...You make a costume and dress up as ...Ouzo
favorite Eva character.
- ...You go to Project A-Kon X, and pester
Tiffany Grant to give you a sound byte for your Too Much Eva page.
- ...Your father hires you to work at his
organization because he has a use for you.
- ...You make a club called Seele.
- ...You start using NGE characters/situations
anytime you are asked to make comparisons in a Literature class.
- ...The only discs that seem to be in your
CD player are Eva soundtracks, and you have a 6 disc changer.
- ...You tell your (Female) classmates that
they would make great mothers.
- ...You sell pictures of a cute classmate
to other students.
- ...Your E-mail has a user name related to
- ...You only visit pages about Evangelion.
- ...You have the scripts of the 26 chapters.
- ...You have the scripts of the 2 movies.
- ...You never get tired of visiting pages
- ...When you nitpick the series to create
your own symptoms.
- ...When angels don't seem heavenly anymore.
- ...You believe that your AT Field will protect
you from anything.
- ...You find this website so funny because
you can relate with every SINGLE thing (man, ain't that scary!)
- ...Your emotional outbursts include the words
"antabaka", "bakat nanikateneyo" and "kirai!" without you even noticing.
- ...You actually time if it really takes less
than 20 seconds for Asuka to destroy each of the Eva series.
- ...You hold group discussions to determine
the true interpretation of the End of Evangelion.
- ...In these group discussions, you can never
never EVER agree
- ....These cartoon characters are more real
to you than any person you will ever meet.
- ...You play Rock/Paper/Scissors with your
roommate to divide up the chores.
- ...You understand exactly what is happening
at any given point in the series. Even during the psycho-babble!
- ...You tell your unenlightened friends about
Evangelion all the time, even though they have no idea what your talking
- ...You name your children after the pilots.
- ...You refer to your basement/wine cellar
as terminal dogma
- ...You buy a purple car, just so you can
get personalized number plates that say "eva01"
- ...Volcanoes erupt, and you tell your friends
that an angel has awoke inside the magma.
- ...You think its normal to have dreams about
Eva characters, especially blue haired, red eyed ones.
- ...You have a dream about piloting you own
- ...You go into a jewelry store and get upset
because You can't find a cross like Misato's.
- ...You try to mix your own LCL in Chemistry
- ...After reading a list like this you realize
that more than half of them describe you.
- ..........and you're damn proud of it.
- ...You insist on bringing a video camera
to school and taping everything in sight.
- ...You are in withdrawal because you do not
have access to new NGE material.
- ...You have visited over 20 NGE sites in
the last week!
- ...You notice that halfway through the series
Misato switches from Yebisu Beer to Boa Beer.
- ... Your best pickup line is "Do you want
to become one with me?"
- ...You have tried to use "Do you want to
become one with me?" as a pick up line.
- ... you stare at a complete stranger, thinking
'wow, he/she looks just like (fill in character of choice)
- ...You start to hate your father. Immensely.
- ...You check this webpage to see what symptoms
you haven't come down with yet.
- ...You start to fantasize about Asuka coming
into your room, falling asleep beside you.
- ...You can listen to 'Fly me to the Moon'
for, oh, say a billion times and not get sick of it.(Of course it helps
when there's 20 different versions of the song.)
- ...The world as we know it is about to end
and you pick up a six-pack-a-Yebisu beer and go back to watching NGE.
- ...You write an e-mail to Riff 13 to tell
him about your symptoms of watching too much NGE.
- ...You cried when you saw the scene where
Ritsuko destroyed the dummy plug.
- ...You whacked anyone who even dared to
say anything bad about EVA.
- ...You go to the supermarket to look for
- ...You start to clasp your hands together
and rest your head on them like how Gendo does it.
- ...You run to the kitchen, grab something
hot and burn your hands. Then you can tell people about how you risked
your life to save Rei's.