You're Not Alone

Chapter 5
 

Hey, peepz! I am ssssssooooooooo sorry for not posting this chapter. I was banned from the computer for almost a month, and school, well, you can’t do anything there. Not with the teachers and everything. Gomen! Sumimasen! Neways, on to important business . . .

Guess what! I’ve decided that I am not going to make this a stupid, predictable love story with happiness and la la la’s. This chapter starts out like this, but then it takes a 180 and, well, you’ll have to read and find out for yourself! If you think this is a bad idea, e-mail me at part_angel26@hotmail.com, and I will write a special version just for you. Why am I doing this? Because I have no life, and writing is the small part of what is left of it. Yes, my life sucks, if you haven’t noticed, and I tnd to write the opposite of how I feel. (that is slowly changing) If my stories start to get too bloody, gorey, lemony, etc., let me know.

I hate writing authors notes and all that crap, but if I don’t get reviews, I can’t write my stories! I’m sorry people, but this author has to be inspired. I haven’t gotten any new reviews in a month. Thanks to the people that do review, I read all of your stories, so leave signed reviews. I am thinking of adding twists to this story along the way, and please tell me if it seems too predictable. Arigato.

By the way, Marron is not Krillin and #18’s daughter (sorry all you K/18 fans, I just got bored of making up all these different names, I know, so un-original . . .), she is just another Saiya-jin slave. (I’m also going to just write saiyan, instead of saiya-jin, because it’s quicker, and that’s how funimation spells it.) If you don’t like it, get over it. I think I might add some more interesting characters to the story. Tell me what you think. Oh, and don’t read “The Color Of Roses”, yet. I won’t be adding chapters until I finish this story - my main goal right now. Besides, it’s, well, I’ll tell you when I finish this story.

Oh, and here’s the disclaimer: I don’t own dbz, any of the characters, blah blah blah . . . okay, on with the story.

`````````````````````````````````````````

Pan sat up in her bed, thinking about what had happened. Oh my God... I can’t believe I actually kissed Prince Trunks! This, this wasn’t supposed to happen... What if someone finds out, and, and, only those of higher class or royal blood could ever even get familiar with him, let alone kiss him... And I faintly remember a ki in the background, but I was too far away to sense it. Oh, well. I still can’t believe I did that...!

Pan replayed the thoughts over and over again in her head. What should I do?

Just then, Marron came in. “Hey, Pan-chan! So, how’d you like your visit to Trunks’ Palace?”

Pan didn’t answer, making her friend fall silent. “What’s up? Did something happen?” Marron said, her voice now softened with worry. Pan looked down and slowly nodded. “What? What happened? Did someone die?”

Pan shook her head. “I - I -”

Marron smirked. “It’s about him, isn’t it?” Pan nodded softly. “What! What did you do . . . ?” she said, playfully nudging her friend. Pan blushed. “You kissed him?! Panny-chan, I am sooo proud of you!”

“How do you do it?” Pan asked, astonished.

“Do what?”

“Guess my entire life. You could probably sit there and plot out my entire life.”

“I’m just special.” she said, smiling.

“Shut up in there, will ya?!” screamed a loud voice passing in the halls. A loud banged on the door indicated that the overseer was not pleased that they were still up.

Marron clasped her mouth and continued to talk in a low whisper. “How did it happen? Did he make a move on you, you make a move on him? What? Tell me the whole story!” she said, trying to keep her enthusiastic voice down.

“Well, he decided to help me train my learning about my surroudings and such. He was talking to me about the flowers and, well, I pricked my finger on a thorn. He reached out to grab my hand and . . .” her voice trailed off as she looked up at the ceiling dreamily.

Marron squealed. “Wow! This is so exciting!” she said, rather loudly. The door swung open as the overseer stormed in. “I said, SHUT UP!!!” he said, bringing the whip down on Pan three times. Pan cringed, clutching her back where the wound had been inflicted. “Maybe that will teach you to shut up.” he said, stomping out the door.

The minute he left, Marron flew to the medicine cabinet and grabbed a cloth and a bowl of water. Dipping the cloth in the water and adding a chemical, Marron slowly dabbed her back with it. Pan cursed as the pain sliced through her body.

“I’m so sorry, Pan! This was all my fault, I was the one talking, not you.” she said as she dabbed the damp rag on her best friend’s back.

“Don’t blame yourself. Err...who invented those electric whips? They would go strait through saiyan armour if they were turned up high enough.” Pan stated, wincing each time the cloth stroked an open wound.

When Marron was finally done with cleaing the srapes, she carried the blood stained rag to the sink to wash it. “How do you stand that, Pan? I would be screaming in pain!”

“I guess it’s the training. You have been slacking off on your training, Marron.” she said, still twitching from the trobbing slashes.

“Well, I have been too busy practicing and running your chores. I haven’t had time to train for months, and besides, your mother has been pounded with work for the past few days. We would never be able to train, even if we got off early.” She paused. “You know, Narden is pissed that you are at the palace, especially becasue you’re getting private lessons and not getting paid extra. The only reason he’s letting you do this is because of the money.”

Pan sighed as she ran her hand over the pillow, trying to smooth it. “I know, but now he isn’t stalking me anymore.”

“Yeah.” Marron replied quietly. “Oh, did you hear? Kiara is having a wedding in a couple of weeks. We have been working our butts off to prepare for it. It’s supposed to be some rich guy that she doesn’t even care about. They’re getting married for the money or something.”

Pan sat up, suddenly interested. “Really? The little bitch actually got a groom?” Maybe now she’ll stay away from Trunks...wait a minute, what am I saying? I shouldn’t have anything to do with him!

Marron noticed the deep-in-thought look on her friends face. “What’s wrong?”

“Huh?” Pan asked, coming back to reality. “Nothing. I’m going to go to sleep now. Good night.” she said, snuggling under the covers.

“Good Night.” her friend replied, before she drifted off into a deep sleep.

(A/N: You are probably wondering why I haven’t switched back and showed the conversation b/t Trunks and Kiara? Because it won’t be shown until later. Yes, I know that I am evil, but it all fits in with the story!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pan walked down towards the front to catch the carridge that was always waiting for her at the gate. She was running a little late, and was rushing down the hall. Sencres saw her run by and sped ahead of her. Pan was suprised when she almost ran into him. “Oh, sorry, master, but I have to go.”

Sencres smiled innocently. “Go where?” he asked.

“To my martial arts lessons. I’m late!” she said.

Pan tried to get by him, but he grabbed her arm, pushing her into the wall. “Where are you going, miss? I didn’t say you could go anywhere.” he said, an evil smirk spreading scross his face.

“Let go of me!” she said, keeping her voice and her power restrained. Going against your master in Vegetasei was against the law, and the penalty was death.

His smirk only widened as he let go of her arm. Leaning down next to her ear, he whispered into it. “Be late again, and I will have to personally take care of you.” he whispered huskily.

With a disgusted look on her face, she ran towards the carridge, not daring to look back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long verbal thrashing from Kiara all through the lesson, it was finally time for her private lesson with Trunks, which, she had looked forward to.

She began to stretch as Trunks warmed up. “So, what are we doing today?” she asked. She was hoping that it would be another environment lesson.

“Today we are going to learn how to search for ki.” he said, completing his warm-up and walking over to his pupil.

“Oh.” she said, a little disappointed. Standing up, she powered up. “Okay, let’s start, shall we? What to I need to know?”

Trunks powered up as well. “As you are fighting your apponent, memorize his ki pattern so you can find him in the dark or if he disappears or something along those lines. First, I need you to memorize my ki pattern.”

“Okay, I’ll try.” Pan concentrated on his ki, logging the pattern in her head. I took her a while to get it. “So, let’s try this out, to see if I have it right.” she said.

Phasing out, Trunks re-appeared in back of Pan and attempted to punch her back. Pan, sensing the minipulation of his ki behind her (in order to deliver a powerful punch), she ducked and delivered a kick backwards. Trunks caught her foot and twisted it, so she landed on her back. “Good.” he said, smiling. “Now, try to find me in a dark place, without any ki manipulation. Computer, initialize environment three.”

Intializing environment three...environment three activated...completing download...download complete.

Instantly, Pan was surrounded in darkness, and she couldn’t see but three feet in front of her. “Trunks! What is this?!” she called out into the black.

There was no answer. Forming a ki ball for light, she whirled around, trying to find him. Damnit, this isn’t working...I’ll have to try and search for his ki... Feeling around, she was finding it hard to find him. He must be standing really still... she thought to herself. Then, she felt it, just a slight bit. He must have moved his arm. Yes! I got you now... she thought.

Turning towards the ki, she blasted towards it, only to find that it wasn’t there anymore. It was...she searched for it, only to find it...behind her?

Two muscular arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back up to his chest. Leaning down, he whispered. “I found you.” She could hear the smirk in his voice.

“Lucky try.” she said.

“I don’t know,” he whispered, his hot breath tickling her ear and sending chills down her spine. “I think I found you because I’m good.” he said, smiling.

“Good at what?” she said, twisting her head up to look at him.

“Well, good at...this.” he said, leaning down and kissing her softly on the lips. She shivered under him, a cold chill going down her spine. Trying not to break the kiss, she twisted around so he could reach better. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepended the kiss. She closed her eyes, as if to pull in all the sensations flowing through her body.

Pan felt so strange when their lips met. Like it was...she couldn’t figure it out. It felt so good, but it also felt so wrong. She seemed to be filled with a bunch of mixed emotions that she couldn’t figure out.

Trunks smiled against her lips. He had never kissed anyone like this before. It was, well, different. It felt like it was...meant to be...

Before he could finish his thoughts, she broke away from the kiss. “Shouldn’t you turn the lights back on?” she asked.

Trunks pulled her closer. “No, I like them off.” he said, smirking evilly.

Pan couldn’t help but smile back. She leaned forward and kissed him lightly. Trunks slowly ran his hands down her back and played with the bottom of her shirt as he kissed her with more passion.

“Com...pu..ter..” she managed to say against his lips, “Turn...o...off...en...viro...nment...three...” The lights slowly came on and Pan pulled away from Trunks. “I really should get back.” she said, walking towards the rack and grabbing her coat.

“Well, you really don’t have to go...” he started.

“Actually, I have a bunch of chores to do, since my mother is sick.” she said, walking out the door.

“Yeah...well...I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said, waving to her as she walked out the door and flew off.

Damn... he thought to himself, she’s a good kisser... Trunks walked over to a chair and slid down into it. Wait a minute! What the hell did I do that for? he thought. I shouldn’t have done that, I mean, I have a--

His thoughts were once again interupted by a slam of the door as someone stormed in. “I saw it ALL, Trunks! Why the FUCK did you do that?!” a female voice screamed.

Trunks looked up at his fuming sister. “What are you talking about?” he said, casually grabbing a towel.

“Excuse me? You just fucking MADE OUT with my BEST FRIEND?! And you’re going to tell me that there is nothing WRONG WITH THAT?!?!” she screamed.

“Watch your language.” he said, glaring at his sister.

“I say fucking say whatever I fucking want!!!!” she screamed. “I still can’t belive you did that I mean you have a--”

“Don’t even say it, Bra, I know.” he said, starin blindly forward as he rubbed his forhead with the towel.

“Well, you better sort it out soon before Pan gets hurt. If she gets hurt, I will personally see to it that dad pounds you into the ground. And you know damn well that dad does anything I want him to.” she said, storming out and slamming the door behind her.

“What have I gotten myself into?” he thought as he covered his face in his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pan fell onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. I know that I shouldn’t have done that! But then...why did I let him kiss me? Whay didn’t I pull away?

“Ugh! What have I gotten myself into?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, do you like? ^.^ Sorry the chapter got out so slow... ff.net has been acting up on me again... the next chapter (or the chapter after that), I think I give you some lemon! ^.^ But, of course, with that comes your tea...your bad tea, that is...yes, our couple will run into some problems. Will they survive? Wait...what am I asking you for? I’m writing it! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! ^.^ R x R = more chapters!