You're Not Alone

Chapter 3
 

Hey guys! Sorry about all of the delays and everything. Sumimasen! ^_^' *trademark anime sweat drop* Neways, I am not completely sure whether or not saiyan women have multicolored hair - but in my fic, they do. I am thinking about writing another Planet Vejitasai fic, when this one is finished, of course. Plz R&R! Arigatou!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Trunks got dressed and headed towards the gravity room for training with his father. Vegeta, of course, was already there. Trunks stepped into the chamber, and was immediately pulled to the ground by the immense force. He powered up and was able to stand.

"So, late again, are we?" A low growl came from behind him. "I'll just have to push you even harder today because of your slacking off." said Vegeta.

Trunks, however, was not interested in sparring. "Father, I have a favor to ask of you." he said.

Vegeta was surprised by this and stood up to listen - Trunks never turned down a good sparring match. "I need to know how you met mother. Isn't she a human?" he asked.

Vegeta choked, "Wh-a di-di-d you s-sa-y?" he stuttered. "How did you meet mom?" he repeated. "Why do you ask?" Vegeta questioned. "Well, because I met, I mean, I was curious."

Vegeta raised one eyebrow. "Well, you have to know sometime, boy. I guess now would be a good time. I went to check on a warrior named Kakarotto years ago, long before you were born. He lived on earth, and had not destroyed the planet like he was supposed to. He had become good. When he found out that he was a saiyjian, he was very surprised. He had married a human woman and had a son, who had much power, almost as much as Kakarotto, strange for a demi-sayian child. When he found out that the evil Frieza was going to destroy Earth, I convinced him to help me destroy him. He was able to kill Frieza, with my help, but he was killed in the battle. So I allowed his child and a few other humans to settle on this planet, as long as they owed allegiance to me." he said.

Trunks still wasn't satisfied. "What about mom? That doesn't answer my question." he stated.

Vegeta sighed. "You are trying my patience, boy." Trunks glared at him. "Grrr, if you must know, brat. She was one of Kakarotto's friends. You are demi-sayian. Are you pleased? Let's spar now, I'm tired of all this idle talk." he growled.

Trunks thought. "So, that means that Kakarotto's descendants are living on Vejitasai?" he asked. "Yes, so?" Trunks thought again. "Who are they?" he asked. Vegeta was angry. "How am I supposed to know? Ask your mother. By the way, you're not leaving here until you throw a punch." Vegeta smirked.

Trunks finally left the gravity room, with bumps and bruises all over his body. He limped to his mother's laboratory, where she spent most of her time. He saw her working on a new teleportation device.

"Hey, mom, what's the name of Kakarotto's child?" he asked.

Bulma fell out of her chair. "How did you know about Goku?" she asked.

"Huh? Oh, you mean Kakarotto. Dad told me." he replied.

"The Son Family. Why?" Trunks jumped back. 'The Son's? Son Pan . . . that means that she's a old friend, and my family knew her father. Weird . . .' "Gotta go mom, bye" he said as he rushed out the door.

"I will never understand that kid." said Bulma as she laughed and shook her head.

He headed to his room and turned on the computer. "Computer, open the files containing family listings, please." he said. opening files...process complete. "Computer, find the Son Family, please." commencing search...Son Family found...Son Goku, wife Son Chi-chi... "Computer, find Son Pan." Commencing search...Son Pan found, black eyes, black hair, daughter of Son Gohan and Videl, last name not known, one quarter saiyjian, lives at house of Lord Narden Sencres, slave, no other information known. "Thank you, computer, that will be all."

Trunks left the room and headed towards Lord Narden's house. He had a plan.

Lord Narden was surprised when one of his slaves told him that the prince had arrived. He sent his messenger to the kitchen to prepare a meal for the prince. Trunks walked into the living room, to be greeted by a very surprised slave trader. "Hello, your majesty, what is the surprise? Has one of our slaves been slacking off? I can easily fix that." he said.

Trunks shook his head. "No, that is not why I'm here at all."

Pan had been sent by the cook to do the laundry and stay out of trouble. As she walked down the corridor ad passed the living room, she heard a familiar voice talking to Sencres. She peered through the crack in the door to see Sencres talking to Trunks! She gasped. Why did he come here?

A guard nearby grabbed Pan by the arm. "There you are, I've been looking all over for you. Lord Narden has requested to see you." he said as he shoved her through the door.

Sencres turned around. "Ah, there you are, Pan. This is the prince, I'm sure you know him." he said. Pan bowed. "Pan, His Majesty has chosen you to become a trainee for martial arts. He said that you and three others were drawn out of a hat to participate in this event we all know that's not true. The training sessions will be for 2 hours every day for three weeks. Yo will also be paid." he said and smiled greedily.

"This is an experiment. I have decided to see if women are as strong or can be as strong as saiyjian men. My father is wondering about allowing women to be in the armed forces like they used to be." he said calmly. "I would like to begin training sessions today, if possible."

Sencres smiled. "But of course, the sooner, the better. Why don't you change clothes and get ready to go with His Majesty?"

"I have special training clothes for them already. She can come with me now." he said. Sencres smiled again. "Whatever is good for you. Hurry now, we don't want to keep the prince waiting." he said as he shoved Pan out the door and down the steps.

A servant led her to a covered carriage and helped her in. Pan was puzzled, and slowly slid into the cushioned seat. A few seconds later, Trunks got into the carriage, and they sped off.

Pan opened her mouth to say something, but Trunks held his hand up. "I know that you are puzzled, Son Pan, and you should be. I have chosen you to learn martial arts with three others for a small experiment of mine. Also because I never knew Kakarotto or his children, so I thought I might as well start with his granddaughter." he said and smiled. "Stop!" he ordered the carriage driver, and he brought the carriage slowly to a halt. Jumping out and turning his head back towards Pan, he said, "Come on, hop out. This is your first lesson."

Pan hopped down and looked at Trunks awkwardly. He motioned to the diver to go ahead. "What are you doing?" said Pan. He smiled again. "Just trust me."

"How is this related to my first lesson?" Pan asked. "I am going to teach you how to fly." he replied.

Pan stared at him. "You will? I - I - I thought that - that you were - were - kidding about the lessons. I - I - didn't think that you - you -" she began. "That I would actually teach you something?" he cut in.

Pan shook her head. "Well, then, I'd better prove you wrong, then. Do you want to start learning or what?" he asked. "Yes, of course I want to learn." she replied. Trunks smiled. "All right, then, lets go to a more remote area. Come with me." he said.

Pan gasped as Trunks picked her up and flew towards an open plain. 'Wow, I didn't expect that . . .' thought Pan, smiling to herself. "Hmm, here should be okay." he said as they landed.

Trunks and Pan sat down and faced each other. "Now, do you know any fighting techniques at all?" he asked her. "Yes, some." she replied.

"Do you know how to transform your ki to create energy?" he asked. "No, I can't." she replied softly.

"Okay. Well, every being has a ki, or energy inside of them. Creating energy is all about using your ki to bring out your powers. Like this, watch." he said. He concentrated, and a small aurora built around him, fluttering his hair. Pan's eyes widened. A small ball of energy appeared in his hands that emitted a large amount of light. Pan was speechless. She had never seen anything more beautiful in her entire life. Finally, it died out and the winds settled down once more. 'I've seen mother do that before, but I have never seen so much power. I wish she taught me how to do that. I should act as if I have never seen that before, so mother won't get in trouble for teaching me martial arts . . .' thought Pan.

"Wow! How did you do that?!" she asked. Trunks was slightly surprised. 'How could she live on Vejitasai all of her life and never see a warrior do that before? Oh, poor Pan, that's right, she's been locked up in that house all of her life, and barely seen any of the world, let alone martial arts . . .' He smiled. "Well, first, you have to find that energy inside you, and then you must bring it out. It's form will be a ball of light." he stated.

Pan nodded and brought her hands together. "Now concentrate on the energy, Pan, concentrate . . ." he said. Pan focused completely on anything that felt like energy and tried to bring it out. 'Why isn't this working?' she thought. 'Maybe if I concentrate on my fighting powers . . .' Small beads of sweat appeared on her forehead as she began to feel warm sensations run through her fingertips. A small energy ball slowly emerged in her hands. "That's it! Excellent!" he said. "Now, transform that energy to lift you up. Do the same thing, except command it to lift you, instead of creating light." he said.

Using all of her power, Pan began to transform the energy. The light slowly disappeared and winds began to form around her. She felt her body become lighter. She squeezed her eyes shut as she concentrated on the energy. The gusts of wind picked up speed, and she began to feel er body lift off of the ground. Her feet dangled like a rag doll as she was lifted off the grass. Sweat dripped down her face and she opened her eyes. She was floating about fourteen feet off of the ground. It was so hard. Her energy rapidly decreased as she used it all up trying to stay aloft and not turn super saiyan at the same time. She had never flown in her normal form. Trunks felt her ki drop tremendously. Finally, Pan couldn't take it anymore. Her eyes rolled back and she plummeted towards the ground. Trunks gracefully caught her and sighed. 'This isn't going to be as hard as I thought it would be. This is going to turn out just fine.' he thought as he flew off towards the castle, holding Pan in his arms. 'I could get used to this.' He smiled to himself.

*back at the castle*

"What the hell are you doing at the castle with a teenage woman?! Tell me! What?!" Vegeta demanded.

"I'm training her. It's for an experiment of mine. The other girls should be arriving any minute, now." he said.

"OTHER GIRLS?!" Vegeta shouted.

"Remember the training sessions, dad? That's why there are other girls coming." he replied.

"That woman is a slave, boy! We're not going to let slaves into the saiyan army! Are you nuts?! I will not tolerate this madness from the son of a prince!" he battered.

He walked to one of the cots and laid Pan on it. "Send her to the gravity room when she wakes up, okay?" he said.

"I swear, boy, if you do one thing to that gravity room, I will --" Vegeta said.

"Kill me, I know, I know. Trust me, all right?" Trunks said, cutting him off. He walked out of the room to collect the other 4 girls.

He sent them to the gravity chamber. As they warmed up, Trunks waited outside for Pan. 'How did I get myself into this? I should have sad that I wanted to give Pan private lessons, instead of this . . . an experiment, hah.' he thought to himself. He felt someone touch his shoulder. He turned around to see Pan levitating in the air. "Jeeze, you scared me half to death!" he exclaimed.

She landed. "I'm sorry. This guy with black, pointy hair sent me here." she said.

Trunks laughed. "That was my dad." he said through stifled laughter.

"Well, pointy hair can be very nice, I think --" added Pan, quickly. Trunks laughed again.

"Hey, don't worry about it, his hair is strange. But, hey! Isn't all saiyan hair strange? Come on. Everyone else is waiting for you." he said. Noticing that Pan was floating in the air, he added, "Hey, how did you learn how to fly so quickly?" he asked.

Pan immediately stopped levitating and landed. "I don't know, I guess I just learn fast." she said. 'I know exactly why . . .'

*flashback*

2 years ago . . .

"Come on, Pan! Fight me!" yelled Videl as she threw an series of punches at her daughter. Pan tried her best to defend herself, but her mother was too strong. "I said Fight!!" she said and sent Pan flying into the ground.

Pan slowly got up, with cuts and bruises all over. She couldn't fight. Then she thought of her father. So bold, so brave, so strong. Both of them. Gohan was, according to Videl, a super saiyan. Pan wanted to be a fighter, but she didn't think she was strong enough. Her mother was so powerful. She shut her eyes. At that moment, she felt anger for being so weak. And then it happened.

She was picked off of the ground, her eyes still shut tightly, an aurora building up around her. Videl's eyes were wide with shock. Pan's hair grouped in clumps and became pointy. Then, for a second, her hair flashed gold, as her eyes flickered aqua.

As soon as it appeared, her eyes and hair went back to normal, and exhausted, Pan's world went black.

Later, when Pan woke up, Videl told her that she had become a super saiyan for a short period of time. Then Videl decided to tell her about who she really was, who Gohan was, and who Pan was. She explained that she was a human, and that Gohan was half human and half saiyan, making Pan a quarter saiyan. Videl also told Pan that when human and saiyan blood mix, it helps the offspring learn faster, strangely.

After that, Videl and Pan trained, Pan perfecting her fighting abilities and strength.

*end flashback*

"Oh, well. Let's go, all of the other girls are getting wrestles." he said, interrupting Pan's thoughts.

"Yeah, sure." she said. When Pan walked into the gravity chamber, she was immediately pulled to the ground because of the immense gravity. It took a lot of her strength to stay standing.

"Okay, ladies. Here's the deal. I've decided to do an experiment by taking five ladies, each from a different class, who have some martial arts experience, and train them. You are the lucky five. First, we will start out by having a sparring match. I won't go easy on you, because I need to see what skill level you are on. If you are less or more advanced than others, that might mean extra time or something. Everyone clear? Good. Let's begin. Akane, you go first." he said.

Pan was surprised. 'He said, 'with martial arts experience . . .' didn't he? How does he know that I have martial arts experience?' she thought.

Akane was a girl with short black hair and green eyes. She stood in what looked like a defense position. Trunks started off slow, to see if she was tough enough to go on. She wasn't. This girl, Akane, could barely do anything. She had a lot of trouble blocking his punches, and got hit a lot, even though Trunks was going extremely slow. When it looked like he was beginning to get slightly bored, he said, "Okay, that's good. Kala, you're next."

She had shoulder length brown hair and brown eyes. She did okay, well, better than Akane, that is.

After her, a blonde haired, blue eyed girl named Mei took her turn. She was pretty good.

Next, Kiara, A girl with aqua hair and pink eyes stepped forward. She smirked and got into defensive position. She was one of Sencres' daughters, the oldest and snotty one. Kiara always picked on Pan, and she hated it. Trunks came at her with an array of punches. She blocked them pretty well, actually, really good for an over pampered 18-year-old prep. Trunks decided to go a little faster, and, much to Pan's dismay and Trunks' surprise, was still able to block them. 'This girl is way better than I thought. She might even be more powerful than me. This could be a slight problem . . .' Pan thought. Trunks decided to go twice as fast and she started to show definite signs of stress as she tried to block the prince's attacks. Finally, he hit her, sending her backwards. Trunks smiled. "Okay, Pan, let's see what you've got." he said.

Pan smirked and headed into the chamber. When Pan passed Kiara, she bumped into her, slamming Pan into the side of the door. "Oh, sorry, didn't see ya there shortie." She said, laughing maliciously. Trunks didn't notice. Pan glared at her and headed to where he was waiting for her.

Trunks smirked his Vegeta smirk. "Ready?" he asked. Pan stood in defense position. "Ready."

Trunks came at her with a series of punches and kicks. He went a little faster than he did with the others, but Pan still blocked it easily. He doubled his speed, but Pan was still able to block them. Trunks stopped. "Have you ever done martial arts before?" he asked, confused. "Less talking, more fighting, mystery boy." she said, taking offense.

She decided to surprise him with speed and go 4 times as fast as he did earlier. And it worked perfectly. Not expecting an uppercut across his jaw, he flew backwards. A small trickle of blood ran down from his lip. "So, you're doing better than I thought. Let's turn this up a notch. No more horse play, got it?" he said.

Trunks flew at Pan at top speed. She was able to block 60% of the punches coming at her. Finally, she took flight and powered up again. 'Man,'she thought, 'he's really good. I didn't think I'd have this much trouble in a sparring match. Mom isn't at all close to as good as he is.'

"Getting tired, Pan-chan?" he said, a wide grin on his face. 'He called me Pan-chan!' she thought. Trunks flew at her with another series of attacks.

'Man, I didn't think I'd have this much difficulty fighting Pan, I mean, she's a, well, a dancer. I would have never thought that she would have this much experience in martial arts . . . unless --' his thoughts were interrupted by an punch in the face.

Trunks wiped away the small trickle of blood running down from his lip. He smiled. This was a better workout than he had expected. He should spar with her more often. 'Too bad she can't turn super saiyan . . .' he thought.

Pan watched him and was shocked when his ki suddenly went through the roof. His hair turned gold and his eyes turned turquoise. She was about to do the same, but stopped herself. 'What if servants aren't supposed to have major fighting abilities? It might not be a good idea.' she thought. Before she could have any second thoughts, Trunks appeared behind her and slammed her down toward the ground with a super punch.

She shut her eyes second before she was about to slam into the ground, but, for some reason, didn't. She opened her eyes, to see her body inches from the ground. Trunks had caught her. Pan blushed furiously, and he set her down when he realized the position they were in. "I, uh, didn't want you to, uh, mess up the gravitational chamber. Dad wouldn't be very happy." he said uncertainly.

"Oh. I understand." she said. 'Oh, I thought he caught me for my safety. Oh well.' she thought as she went back to join the others.

"Okay, now that I know all of your abilities, I am going to divide you into pairs. The pairs will spar with each other just outside of the gravity room, over there. The one left over will take a lesson with me. This will switch out, all right? Now, I want Kala and Akane to be partners. Mei, you and Kiara will be together. Cool? All right, lets go." he said.

Pan left with Trunks. "So, why did you pick me to go first?" she asked out of curiosity.

Trunks smirked. "You and my father have a similar fighting technique, so I thought it might be easier to teach you first." he said.

"Oh." she said, in a slightly disappointing tone. "So, what are you going to teach me?" she asked.

"How to do this more efficiently." he said, producing an energy ball.

"Like this?" she said, doing the same thing, except in both hands. Trunks stared at the light being emitted from her hands. "I thought that you didn't know how to create energy. I just showed you two hours ago." he said, confused.

Pan hesitated. "I catch on quickly, that's all." 'More like kaasan taught me how . . .'

Trunks shrugged. "Oh well. Look, I want you to learn how to use it in attacks. For instance, I fly up like this," he said, flying up towards the ceiling, "and shoot it like this." he said, sending the ball of energy crashing into the wall.

"Like this?" she asked, as she too flew upwards and shot an energy ball at the wall.

"Uh . . . yeah. How did you learn all of this stuff?" he asked again.

"I, uh, I um, I just, uh, catch on fast, that's all." she repeated, except this time, her voice was real shaky.

"Well, go ahead and switch with Kiara. By the way, good job." he said.

"Okay." she said, sad that their training session had to end so soon. She walked out of the gravity room to where Mei and Kiara were sparring. To be short, Kiara was beating the crap out of her, and showing no mercy, either.

"Hey, Kiara, you're turn." she said. Kiara wasn't paying attention. Pan zipped between the two of them and held Kiara's arm, which was about to ram into Mei's face. "I said, it's your turn." she said.

Kiara ripped her hand away. "I heard." she said. "By the way, servant girl, he's mine, so don't get any ideas." she said as she headed for the chamber, flipping her hair.

"Ooooo, she gets on my nerves." said Mei. Turning to Pan, she said, "Hi! I'm Mei. You are Pan, right? The servant girl?" she asked.

Pan nodded. "Yeah, I'm the servant girl, that's what everyone calls me." she said.

"Come on, let's spar." she said.

Pan didn't really pay attention to the sparring match. She paid more attention to Trunks and Kiara flirting with each other. It was unbearable.

Pan went home with an escort. She was slightly pleased that she got to train with the prince, but she was kind of mad that Kiara, her worst enemy, had been flirting with Trunks.

She got into bed and was soon caught in slumber.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

Did you like it? I hope so! R&R!