You're Not Alone

Chapter 2
 

Hello again fellow readers! This is the second chapter of the T&P romance setup. While you read, keep in mind that this is medieval Vejitasai, so they don't have any good technology. There is a writer that I kinda stole this from, she wrote about Trunks and Pan in the medieval times, and I kinda stole that. The plot is completely different though! I'm going to find your name and put it in one of my next chapters, okay? Neways, please read and review. I don't want to repeat all that boring stuff saying that I don't own dbz and crap, so read on! ^_^'

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Pan Vision(from Pan's point of view):

Pan was watching the clock. The annoying sound of snoring was in the background. It was almost time for her to meet him - the man of her dreams . . . Unfortunately, she hasn't told him about her deep and passionate feelings or him. It all started 3 weeks ago . . .

*flashback*

"Oooooo! Did you hear? The prince is coming!" exclaimed Rai, one of the dancers. The others squealed.

"Are we going to dance for him, Rai?" asked Akira.

"Yes! And we are going to do the one with a flute solo in it!" replied Rai.

"I wonder who Lord Narden will let dance for the flute solo!" squealed Kiree.

"I hope it's me!" said Sushimi.

"Yeah, I heard he has lavender hair!" said Akima.

"And ocean blue eyes!" said Kiree.

"He's sooo dreamy!" said Akira.

"Hey, don't forget that he has been to 17 battles, and he killed sixty men in one of them!" announced Akima.

Away from the 5 gossiping dancers, Pan and her best friend, Marron, rolled their eyes. "God! Will you listen to them? All they care about is the prince coming today and shaking their butts at him in the routine. He's no different from any of the other slave traders that come." said Pan.

"Yeah, but this isn't just any slave trader, it's Prince Trunks, the son of Vegeta." said Marron in a very matter-of-fact tone.

Pan glared at her. "You are starting to sound like them." she said, pointing to the never-ending blabber mouths.

"Look Pan, you can't look at every slave trader and assume that they are evil people. There are some people out there that are forced to do this out of their will. They do it because they have to, or because they need help. There are some people who treat slaves as equals, you know. Prince Trunks could be the person to help stop the slave trade. Give him a chance, okay?" she said.

Pan sighed, "All right, but just this once, okay?" Marron smiled. She always won. There was a knock on the door. A servant opened the door.

It was Videl. She waved at Pan. "Hi. Okay people, Lord Narden wants all of the dancers in the dining room at once. Hurry up, unless you want to get whipped, he has a short patience." she said. Videl smiled at Pan before she left. Videl was Pan's mother. Pan had never met her father before, but Videl said his name was Gohan. She said he put up a good fight, but there was nothing that he could do to keep them from being separated. After all, they were both slaves. She said that the slave traders made a deal with him. They promised that Pan would be able to stay with her mother, as long as there wasn't anymore trouble from Gohan, and he agreed. Videl said that he would come back some day, when the time was right. Until then, Pan could only dream about her heroic father.

Marron pushed Pan out of the dressing room. "Come on, Pan, stop day dreaming. We need to go to the dining room, remember?" she said. "Huh? Oh, yeah, of course." Pan replied. The two hurried to catch up with the rest of the group.

Once in the dining room, Sencres wasted no time. "All right, ladies, as most of you know already, The prince will be gracing us with his presence this afternoon. He will come to have lunch and buy some slaves. And, in order to make money, I need entertainment. This is where you come in. I want you to do the Egyptian Dance, and Pan will do the flute solo. Everyone is dismissed, except Pan, you stay here." he said. Everyone filed out, except for Pan and Marron. "What do you think he wants?" asked Marron. But before Marron could answer, Sencres came up and said, "Did I not tell you to leave?" Marron bowed and scrambled out before she could be whipped.

Pan felt hot air on her neck as someone played with her hair behind her. "What do you think you're doing?" she sneered. "I want you to dance well for the prince, I need the money, you know." whispered Sencres. She pulled away from him in disgust. "I need to change for the lunch, so if you'll excuse me." she said walking off, not looking behind her.

Pan hated the way Sencres stalked her. He was always trying to corner her, but Pan wasn't as stupid as he thought she was. She shook the thoughts out of her mind as she got ready for the routine. As Pan was pitting on her jewelry, a servant came in to inform them to head to the stage in the dining room. "Come on, Pan, we're going to be late!" Pan tried to put her earrings in as fast as possible. "Just go on Marron, I'll catch up. Go!" Marron hurried off with the others.

Finally, she got all of her jewelry on and headed out the door. As she ran, the rings around her waist began to come undone. She tried to put them on as she ran, and accidentally bumped into someone. Pan lifted her head to see who she had run into, and found herself staring into deep blue eyes. She was curious as to who it was, she had never seen a saiyjian with blue eyes before, except for her mother. Although, her mother wasn't a saiyjian, she was human, making Pan a demi-sayian. He also, strangely, had purple hair. Then, she saw his clothes. They were extremely fancy, nothing like any noble or knight that she'd ever seen. Then she saw the crown. Pan's eyes widened in horror.

She got on her knees and began to kiss his feet. "Oh, your highness! Forgive me your majesty, I was a baka, I did not see where I was going! Have mercy on me kind sir!" she pleaded.

To her surprise he said, "You are forgiven. Now, uh, move along, then." As soon as the words came out of his mouth, guards swarmed upon her and began to beat Pan with whips and clubs. Tears streamed down her face as she tried not to scream in pain and agony each time a whip lashed her back. 'God, please let this stop!' As if the angel's had heard her, the Prince said, "That will be enough. Leave her alone. Go and guard the house from real criminals, like robbers, not slaves. Now go." She bowed and said graciously, "Thank you, sir." She wiped off the tears from her eyes.

To her surprise, though, he replied, "Humph. Don't get your hopes up. I'm just feeling gracious today." He walked on. 'What? What did he do that for? You'd think people would like nice royal families over hard headed ones. That was just rude. Even though he was handsome . . . what?! Snap out of it Pan! He's a prince and you are nothing but a slave. Besides, remember what he's here for? Slave trading. He's just like the others.' Pan stood up and headed towards the dining room stage, still twitching from the whip.

As soon as she got backstage, Marron ran up to her. "There you are, finally! Where have you . . . what happened to you???!!!" she exclaimed when she saw the scars on her back. Pan winced. "Whip." "Come on, let's get that treated." said Marron as she grabbed her friend's arm. Marron treated Pan' back with a special ointment, and then covered her scars with a medicated paint so you couldn't see the red marks. Pan smiled gratefully at her friend. "Aringato." Marron returned the smile. "No problem. After all, you are my best friend." As soon as she spoke, the music began to start. Marron waved to Pan as she got in line with the other dancers and filed onto the stage.

Pan patiently waited for a while before heading behind the curtains and lighting a candle. Soon, the lights dimmed, and the dim candle illuminated her shadow. She had done this dance many times before, and it was nothing to her, but this time, the music seemed almost more exhilarating, and she moved her hands back and forth to the sweet melody of the flute. When the curtains were opened, she gracefully made her way down towards the bottom of the stairs, still moving her hips to the addictive beat. She tried not to watch the prince as she danced to the slow rhythm of the flute. The other dancers joined her as the other instruments played with the flute. She made one last twirl and knelt, letting her hair cover her face.

The music changed to a different pace, a faster tune. She didn't pay attention to the the prince's conversation with Sencres as she danced. She was too absorbed in her thoughts. 'My God, I knew that the prince was handsome, but how did I know he was that attractive . . . those blue eyes, the purple hair, a rare trait for a saiyjian . . . (devil guy appears on her shoulder) "Hey, snap out of it Pan! It's the Prince! Besides, you're only a slave, what good will that do for you?" Shut up! (Pan mentally socks him in the face, knocking him off her shoulder) . . . where was I . . . purple hair . . .'

She continued to dance to the fast paced music, and noticed the prince abrubtly get up out of the corner of her eye. He bowed and left, with a swish of his cloak. She stopped dancing, and was puzzled as to why he would leave so soon.

Sencres stood up and addressed the dancers, "Okay, go ahead and get out of your outfits and then you are dismissed to your dormitories. Go, before I change my mind."

Everyone hurried off to the dressing room to get changed, but Sencres managed to grab Pan by the arm and pull her aside. "I need to get changed, let me go!" Pan said. Sencres ignored her and pushed her up against a wall. "You did well today, I made money, and lots of it." he said as he moved in for a kiss. She dodged it and slipped out of his grip. "Get away from me!" she said and ran off towards the dressing room. As Pan ran out of his earshot, he said, "That's the last time you get away from me, little flower, next time, next time, we'll see."

When she got there, Marron had already went to bed. Pan got into her tattered p.j.'s and crawled under the sheets. She closed her eyes and slowly drifted off into slumber . . .

A trunpet blasted through the morning air, making Pan jolt upright. "Kuso, stupid trumpet . ." She got into her work clothes and headed towards the kitchen.

Videl smiled at her daughter and handed her a bucket of potatoes to peel. Pan didn't have to work in the kitchen, but she did it every morning because she needed to help her mother. Videl was getting a little sick, and Pan wanted to do all she could to help her mom out.

Just then, a large lady barged in; Miss Yona. She was the hea of the servants, and assigned everyone thier jobs. She wasn't very nice about it, and hates her job, as well as everyone around her. She especially hated Videl.

"You, Videl, here's a list of chores to do. Here is a list of things to buy at the market, Tilly needs a break. Hurry. Unless you want me to call the guards down here and have them whip you. Go!" she ordered. Pan spoke up, she hated Miss Yona. "Really? But I thought Tilly needed a break yeaterday? She must be having a real bad week. Just like my mom. She's had the flu for two weeks now, what about her? Doesn't she gat a break?" Mis Yona glared at Pan. "How dare you speak back to me, child. Who do you think you are?" she hissed. "My name is Son Pan, daughter of Son Gohan and my caring kaasan, Videl. Yona wasn't in a good mod at all. "Look, kid, you're messing with the wrong person. Do you want me to break your arm, weakling?" she spat. Pan was about to say something when Videl covered her mouth and gave her that 'don't-you-even-think-about-it' glare.

Satisfied, Yona began to do her daily routine of yelling at numerous people, threatening them, giving them chores to do, the usual. Pan turned to her mom. "Kaasan, why do you do this to yourself. You let her torture you." Pan said.

Videl sighed. "Sometimes, you have to just deal with it."

Pan said, "I guess you're right. Hey, I know how you hate the loud noises in the marketplace, kaasan. Lat me do your chores for you."

Videl smiled. "Sure, I guess. Just don't take too long. I'll save you some breakfast from the table." she said.

"Arigato, kaasan!" Pan said as she ran out the door.

Pan walked down the streets of the market place. She stopped and picked up the items on the list. As she browsed the friuts, she ran into someone and dropped all of the contents in her basket."Oh, I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." he said as he bent down to help her pick up her things.

"Oh, no," she said, "It was all my fa . . ." she couldn't finish her sentence when she looked up to see who it was. Her wide black eyes seemed to pop out of her sockets. 'The prince!'

"It's you!" he whispered.

Then she thought of the previous day. Her eyes narrowed. "You,"she sneered.

The prince looked at her with a confused expression. "Huh?" She put everything into her basket and walked away.

The prince ran after her. "Wait! How did you know it was me?"

She turned around to look him in the eye. "Well, that's easy, it's because of your . . . 'deep blue eyes ad-snap out of it!' . . . your purple hair. Not a lot of saiyjians have purple hair around here, if you haven't noticed." She turned on her heel and kept walking.

"Why are you so mad at me?" he called after her. She stopped and slowly turned to face Trunks.

"Because of yesterday. You came and bought all those slaves, not even caring. I remember all those people talking about how the prince was perfect, and how he slayed 60 men in one battle with his sword. I guess I just thought that you would see slavery as evil and actually do something about it. Well, you proved me wrong, the royal family isn't any different than any other slave trader. Just as careless and just as rude. Guess I need to stop living off of childish fantasies. Freedom, hah." She kept walking. As soon as the words came out of her mouth, she regretted them. 'That's not a very good reason to hate someone, Pan, ot didn't even make sense'

"This is all about me not being so nice to you when I called the guards off, isn't it?" he called after her. She turned her head to give him a glare before she kept walking. "Hey wait! Please come back!" She kept walking, trying to make it look as if she didn't hear him. "I'm sorry! Please give me a chance!" he called after her.

She kept walking and turned the corner. She peeked around the corner to see him slowly walking off. 'Way to go Pan, look what you did. The least you can do is say sorry. Well, maybe just real quick, I mean, he's not such a great guy, right? Just real quick, and then you have to run off, of course. Okay, just apologize and leave, apologize and leave . .' she said as she slowly made her way back. While he grabbed an apple and began to walk away, she reached out her hand and touched him lightly on the arm.

In a soft voice, she said, "I'm sorry. I misjudged you, will you forgive me?" Trunks turned around to see a black haired saiyjian girl looking down at her feet.

He took her hand and said, "Do not be sad, I forgive you, after all, it is not your fault that the prince of Vejitasai is a baka." She looked up as a small smile crept across her face. "Would you care for an apple?" he said, holding out his last one. She smiled. 'Well, that was unexpected . . .'

"Why, thank you." she replied. They sat on the soft grass and talked for a while. Pan felt warm as she talked to him. They talked for hours, and Pan showed Trunks around the small city. As the sun began to go down, Pan said, "Oh, no! I need to be home in 20 minutes! I have to leave!" she said as she began to run. She was about to leave when Trunks grabbed her arm. Pan looked at his hand and blushed. He quickly pulled it away.

"Uh . . . I can let you borrow my horse, if you need it. She knows the way home . . . and I can walk." he said as he gave her the reins.

She smiled. "Arigatto, my prince." 'I wish all princes were as nice as he is' she thought as she waved goodbye. "Hey! what's your name?" he called. "Son Pan." she called back as she raced off into the distance.

His horse was very fast, and very kind as well. She got to the mansion and put the horse in the stable. 'I'll return this horse to him in the morning.' Pan proceeded to her room, dropping the groceries off in the kitchen when she passed.

Once she got into bed, she stared at the cealing. She heard one of the slaves snore in the background. As she thought about Trunks, all of the snoring and babbling drained out in the background. 'He was so sweet to me, it's too bad that I'll never see him again . . .' she thought.



So? What did ya think? Plz R&R! Sorry about the chapters being so long . . .