You're Not Alone

Chapter 1
 

Hi fellow readers! If you do not like romance fics, then don't read this!!! It isn't a lemon, so if you really against this stuff, at least it's not too bad for you. But I am not sure if the later chapters will have some citrus in them, but I'm steering away from that for now. The first chapter has quite a few flashbacks, but the other chapters only have one, at the most. I am working on the second and third chapters, so be patient! I try to do as much as I can after school with sports and everything. Junior High is not easy!

IMPORTANT:

All reviews are welcome, especially flames. I don't really care, actually, I like them, so I can improve my writing. Also, send me ideas for the next chapters! And tell me if you want lemon in it or not! I need to know! Please be nice though, this is my first fic, and I haven't had a boyfriend yet, this is all from reading and dreams, so bear with me here! ^_^'

By the way, I do not own dbz or any of the characters, but anyone not in the actual series is MINE!!!!!! ^_^' Neways, stay off my back!!!!!!

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"Trunks, sweetie, you really ought to get to bed." said Bulma.

Trunks had been standing on top of one of the castle towers for hours looking up at the stars. Bulma had been watching him, how he had begun to act so strangely lately. He used to glower in his room all day, or train in the gravity room with his father, until he came home from visiting the House of Lord Narden, a slave trader (kind of reminds you of the medieval Times, doesn't it? Maybe that's because it IS! ^_^'), 3 weeks ago.

*Flashback*

"Hello, mother! How are you this lovely evening?" Trunks said as he skipped merrily into the dining room for dinner.

Bulma immediately jumped out of her chair and ran over to feel her son's temperature. "Are you all right, honey? You must have caught a cold or something, it was very chilly outside, why don't you sit down." Turning to her maid, she said, "Bertha, go and fetch the doctor, I think Prince Trunks is sick."

Bertha bowed and nodded, "Yes ma'am."

Trunks laughed and pushed his mother's hand away. "Bertha, that won't be necessary, go and have something to eat. I am fine mother. So, what's for dinner?"

A low growl came form the front of the table. "Sit down woman, can't you see that he can't breathe with you over there gagging over him? Besides, saiyjians don't catch diseases, like you weakly humans."

Bulma glared at her husband through narrow slits. "Shut up, Vegeta, like you would know how your son feels. All you do is give him a daily beating in that gravity room. I'm the one who raised him, not you!"

Vegeta snorted. "No, that was the royal baby sitters." Bulma looked like steam was coming out of her ears.

"Now, now, you two, calm down. Lets have a nice dinner and forget about this tiny argument." said Trunks. The dinner was quiet, as everyone stared at Trunks. He was smiling and very cheerful, asking everyone about their days.

"Trunks, I think you did catch a cold. Either that, or you're high." said a very amused Bra. Bulma glared at her daughter. Her wide grin disappeared just as quickly as it got there. Bulma began to watch Trunks. She was very curious as to what was making him so happy, although, she had a pretty good idea of what it was.

*End Flashback*

Trunks sighed. "Sure Kaasan, I'll be in, just give me a minute, okay?" She smiled and walked back inside, leaving Trunks alone with the stars and the quiet city. He sighed once more. He couldn't take his mind of the previous day and events.

*Flashback*

"Prince Trunks, your horse." said Silutan, his loyal servant. Trunks patted his horses neck. Trunks patted his horse's neck. She was a beautiful white mare with a silver star on her forehead. She was decorated with golden armor and purple velvet reins, which matched Trunks' cape. Trunks, himself was wearing Golden armor and purple velvet underneath, matching perfectly with his horse. His silver sword was swung over his back, he had that sword since he was a little kid.

Trunks hopped on, and started his route to the house of Lord Narden, a wealthy proprietor. He had been sent there to discuss slave trade. The gravity machine was having problems for months, now, so he traveled to this man's house to discuss matters of buying slaves from him to help out with the machine. Vegeta had wanted them for a long time so that it wouldn't take so long to fix the gravity machine every time he broke it. Bulma said no, but finally caved in, and Trunks was sent to pick them up. He was around Vegeta so much, though, that he picked up some of his attitude, so it was no wonder that he felt no pity for the peasants on the street.

When he arrived at Narden's home, servants immediately swarmed around him, taking his horse and escorting him to the dining room. On his way there, he was looking at the many tapestries of Narden's descendants on the wall. In doing so, he didn't notice the girl running down the corridor. Well, not until she ran into him. She literally bounced off of him, and he looked down at the poor slave that ran into the prince.

It was hard for him to tell that she was a slave, because she wasn't wearing tattered clothes. She looked almost like Jasmine in the movie Aladdin, except that her clothes were shimmering gold, and a skirt replaced the pants. The skirt hugged her hips perfectly, and it slowly flared out and rippled down towards her heels. The fabric was slightly see-through, so you could see her sparkling bloomers (like the bottom of a bikini) underneath the skirt. The skirt was the same fabric as the long sheet of cloth that hung from her golden tiara. Her midriff was tight around her upper body, and the same see-through fabric hung from the bottom of the tube-top, hiding her belly. She wore lots of gold chains, and the outfit matched perfectly with her jet black hair. But what really took Trunks' breath away were her deep, dark eyes, which were as black as her hair.

Her eyes widened as she realized who she had run into. She got on her knees and began to kiss his feet. "Oh, My highness! Forgive me your majesty, I was a baka, I did not see where I was going! Have mercy on me kind sir!" she pleaded.

"You are forgiven. Now, uh, move along, then." he said, trying hard to hide kind nature. 'you must not let them see a weak point'. As soon as he had spoken, three guards rushed over to the girl and dragged her off. They began to yell at her and whip her. 'Look at that! I must stop them-hey, wait a second Trunks, you are trying to make an impression here, be tough- but I can't just let them torture her, she is a human being, not a bag of beans. Wait a second , since when did I start to feel sorry for slaves?' He saw tears streaming down her face. 'Are you just going to let them torture her? You have to do something Trunks'. he turned to the guards. "That will be enough. Leave her alone. Go and guard the house from real criminals, like robbers, not slaves. Now go." The guards nodded and left. The young woman looked at him with much gratitude. "Thank you, sir."

Keeping the thought of making a good impression on the royal family, Trunks said, "Humph. Don't get your hopes up. I'm just feeling gracious today."

Trunks left with the escorts, leaving the black haired girl to ponder what had just happened. "Welcome to my humble home, Prince Trunks." said a fairly good sized man. He bowed. He had brown hair, and looked as if he was in his late thirties.

"You may rise." said Trunks.

"My Prince, I am Lord Sencres Follen Narden. You may call me Sencres. Please, take a seat," He showed Trunks to the dinner table. A butler immediately rushed up and pulled the chair out for Trunks to sit on.

They ate a fairly good meal. Afterwards, Sencres said, "Now, before we get down to business, I would like to show you something."

He clapped his hands, and an Egyptian style music began to play and six dancers dressed in white came out, wearing the same outfit of the girl Trunks had run into earlier, except that the outfits were white. They began to dance to the lively music, forming a circle. Then, they separated into two lines, up and down the small flight of stairs leading up to the small stage decorated with white translucent fabrics. The music stopped, and the had their hands outstretched towards the curtains, as if to present something.

Then, from behind the curtain, a small light was lit, illuminating the shadow of a girl. A flute began to play a slow song, holding out it's beautiful notes. She began to move her hands gracefully to the slow serenade. Her long hair swayed from side to side with the rest of her body. The dancers slowly opened the curtains to reveal the black haired girl, moving to the soft melody. She gracefully made her way down the steps, followed by the other dancers. She began to slowly move her hips back and forth in a hypnotic manner that made Trunks' head spin. The other dancers made a circle around her, the circle moving in and out to the slow sway of the girl's body. They then began to circle around her, twirling slowly. Then they all knelt down to show the coal eyed teen dancing. She made a final twirl as the flute held out it's last beautiful note. Trunks tried very hard not to gawk at the "golden" dancer during the performance.

"Thank you ladies, excellent job. Now, then back to business. About the slaves?" he said. The dancers kept dancing to a fast paced music now.

"Uh, yeah, sure. My parents have been curious as to if you have any mechanics. We have been having some, uh, how should I say this? Technical difficulties, I suppose."

Sencres smiled. "Ah, yes we have many mechanics. How many did you have in mind?"

Trunks answered immediately. "17 should be sufficient." Sencres clapped his hands and 17 mechanics were dragged into the living room in chains, accompanied by 4 guards.

"These are some of our finest slaves-their specialty, mechanics of course." he said.

Trunks tried to show an expression of disconcern. "They'll be fine." Sencres clapped his hands a second time and they were gone. "Well, I must be off. Nice to meet you, Sencres." Trunks grabbed his cape and left.

When he got home, his mother looked very worried, for he seemed so cheerful at dinner. "Hello, mother! How are you this lovely evening?" Trunks said as he skipped merrily into the dining room for dinner.

Bulma immediately jumped out of her chair and ran over to feel her son's temperature. "Are you all right, honey? You must have caught a cold or something, it was very chilly outside, why don't you sit down." Turning to her maid, she said, "Bertha, go and fetch the doctor, I think Prince Trunks is sick."

Bertha bowed and nodded, "Yes ma'am."

Trunks laughed and pushed his mother's hand away. "Bertha, that won't be necessary, go and have something to eat. I am fine mother. So, what's for dinner?"

A low growl came from the front of the table. "Sit down woman, can't you see that he can't breathe with you over there gagging over him? Besides, saiyjians don't catch diseases, like you weakling humans."

Bulma glared at her husband through narrow slits. "Shut up, Vegeta, like you would know how your son feels. All you do is give him a daily beating in that gravity room. I'm the one who raised him, not you!" Vegeta snorted. "No, that was the royal baby sitters." Bulma looked like steam was coming out of her ears.

"Now, now, you two, calm down. Lets have a nice dinner and forget about this tiny argument." said Trunks. The dinner was quiet, as everyone (except Vegeta) stared at Trunks. He was smiling and very cheerful, asking everyone about their days. "Trunks, I think you did catch a cold. Either that, or you're high." said a very amused Bra. Bulma glared at her daughter. Her wide grin disappeared just as quickly as it got there. Trunks laughed. 'way to go Trunks, now they suspect something'.

That night, Trunks hardly got any sleep. He kept thinking about the way her hips hypnotized him, and her eyes, oh, her eyes. He kept thinking about her all through the night.

The next morning, he snuck out of the palace disguised as a peasant in a dark, hooded cloak that he found in the stable. Trunks hoped he would run into her again. As he walked down the streets, he saw merchants selling products, children playing with toys, and mothers hanging the family laundry out to dry. Because he missed breakfast, he was getting hungry. So he walked over to a nearby cart and browsed the assorted fruits. He was looking at the apples when he accidentally knocked someone over. "Oh, I am so sorry, I wasn't paying attention." he said as he bent down to help her pick up her things.

"Oh, no," she said, "It was all my fa . . ." she couldn't finish her sentence when she looked up to see who it was. Her wide black eyes seemed to pop out of her sockets.

"It's you!" he whispered.

Her eyes narrowed. "You,"she sneered.

Trunks was confused. "Huh?" She put everything into her basket and walked away.

Trunks ran after her. "Wait! How did you know it was me?"

She turned around to look him in the eye. "Well, that's easy, it's because of your . . . your purple hair. Not a lot of saiyjians have purple hair around here." She turned on her heel and kept walking.

Trunks was even more confused. "Why are you so mad at me?" he called after her. She stopped and slowly turned to face Trunks.

"Because of yesterday. You came and bought all those slaves, not even caring. I remember all those people talking about how the prince was perfect, and how he slayed 60 men in one battle with his sword. I guess I just thought that you would see slavery as evil and actually do something about it. Well, you proved me wrong, the royal family isn't any different than any other slave trader. Just as careless and just as rude. Guess I need to stop living off of childish fantasies. Freedom, hah." She kept walking.

Trunks was belittled for the first time in his life. No one had ever insulted him, except for his sister, of course. He suddenly felt bad for what he had done the other day. She was right, he did act like a total jerk. He ran to catch up with her. "This is all about me not being so nice to you when I called the guards off, isn't it?" he said. She turned her head to give him a glare before she kept walking. "Hey wait! Please come back!" She kept walking. "I'm sorry! Please give me a chance!" he called after her, but it was no use, she had already turned the corner.

He hung his head and walked back towards the fruit cart. He picked out two ripe apples and began to make markings in the sand with his stick as he walked. He had not gone far when he felt a gentle hand on his arm.

A soft voice said, "I'm sorry. I misjudged you, will you forgive me?" Trunks turned around to see a black haired saiyjian girl looking down at her feet.

He took her hand and said, "Do not be sad, I forgive you, after all, it is not your fault that the prince of Vejitasai is a baka." She looked up as a small smile crept across her pretty features. "Would you care for an apple?" he said, holding out his last one.

"Why, thank you." she replied. They sat on the soft grass and talked for a while. As the sun began to go down, Pan said, "Oh, no! I need to be home in 20 minutes! I have to leave!" she said as she stood up. She was about to leave when Trunks grabbed her arm. Pan looked at his hand and blushed. He quickly pulled it away.

"Uh . . . I can let you borrow my horse, if you need it. She knows the way home, I can fly." he said as he gave her the reins.

She smiled. "Arigatto, my prince." As she sped off, he called, "Hey, what's your name?" She swivled her head around and replied, "Son Pan!" With that, she was gone.

Trunks sighed and walked home to the castle. 'How could someone be so kind and so beautiful, but so independent minded at the same time? She is one amazing person . . .' he thought to himself. His mind flooded in pictures of her, especially her smile. It lifted him off his feet, taking away all his worries, and he couldn't help but smile back. The warmth that it held was unbelievable. He sighed once more as he walked into the castle and up to his room.

*end flashback*

He longed to see her again. The problem was that he wasn't sure how, and so he stared up at the stars, some how thinking they would hold the answer. Even though he had only known her for a day, there was something about her that made his thoughts somehow make their way back to her smile. 'There must be a way . . .' he thought to himself.

He watched as each light in the city slowly flickered off, and the only light left was the stars and three moons. He yawned and decided to head back inside, still thinking about how to ever find see her again. 'I sleep on it.' he thought, as he crawled into bed. Still thinking about her smile, he blew out the candle and fell asleep.

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

So, did you like it?! I know that it sounds really corny and all, but that's why I have the sweet people on the web who take their sweet time to review my story! *trunksgirl smiles angelically, and Trunks hits her in the back of the head. "Shut up. Don't worry, they'll review, because I'm in it." he said. Trunksgirl slaps him upside the head. "Shut up Trunks, you talk too much . . ." leans in for the kiss . . . Trunks runs away "Help! I'm being attacked!" Trunksgirl smiles, "That should keep him away for a while."* The next chapter should be up soon, so stay posted! Please REVIEW!!!!!!!!! ^.^