Years

Chapter 1

Well, here’s my new story that I was talking about. I hope that everyone likes the plot of this one. After much thinking, I thought that it’d be cool to write something like this. Oh, just read it for yourself.

^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

Pan stretched out on her lawn chair comfortably. Bulma and the others had decided to throw Pan the perfect 18th birthday party. It was around noon time, and all of the z warriors were either inside of the pool, or just lounging around outside of it by the bar. Suddenly, Pan felt a familiar ki.

“Dende’s coming.” Pan announced to whoever cared.

Bulma wiped her hands and went to go greet the young god. Dende landed, but he didn’t look too happy. He actually looked somewhat...scared.

“Hello Dende.” Bulma said happily. She then noticed the look on his face, and got a sudden chill. “Something wrong?”

“I need you to assemble the Z team.” He said hurriedly.

“Right.” Bulma said getting everyone together.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

“So, what’s up Dende.” Goku saud seriously. All of the Z warriors sat as the God paced back and forth. Surrounding the table was Goku, Goten, Gohan, Yamcha, Pular, Tien, Chauotzu, Vegeta, Trunks, Bulma, Piccolo, Pan, Krillin, #18, Marron, Bra, and Videl.

Dende stopped his pacing and looked at the group. He took a long deep breath as if it were to steady him. “I just finished talking to King Kai.” He said. “He informed me that there is a new threat coming to Earth. But this is far beyond any of our dreams. He is at least 16 million times more ruthless than Freaza. He is far beyond any of our imagination. His power level over powers all of ours combined by at least 100,000…but that is enough to beat us.” Dende continued his pacing. “We have 11 days till he comes.” Dende gripped his head in frustration.

“Are you sure?’ Came an eerily calm Goku.

“I’m afraid so.” Dende sighed.

“Well then, there’s only one thing to do.” Goku said standing.

“No. No more fighting.” Chi Chi said shaking her head. “Not again.” She broke down into tears. Goku went over and embraced his crying wife.

“I’m sorry Chi Chi, but we have to.” Goku said hushing his wife.

“I know.” She whispered. She tightened her grip on Goku, afraid of losing him again.

Pan glanced around at all of the gloomy faces that were once smiling. ‘Some birthday party.’ She thought bummed.

“I’m sorry about all this Pan.” Dende said placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Forget about it.” Pan smiled. “I’d rather be training anyway.”

Dende only smiled. He turned his attention back to the group.

“Sorry gang, but I must go back to the lookout and see if I can get more details.” Dende said levitating into the air. “I’ll let you know if there are any new developments. Take care.” Dende said flying away.

“Take care.” Pan said to the disappearing figure. She turned her head around to quickly notice Marron and Trunks flirting.

“How can they be flirting at a time like this?” Pan seethed. ‘Huh? Where’d that come from?’ She asked herself wide-eyed.

“Long day.” She muttered. Pan glanced one more time at Trunks and Marron.

“Forget it. He’s too old for you.” Gohan said from his spot on the wall, his arms crossed.

“Easy dad, I wasn’t thinking anything.” Pan said leaving to the bathroom to change into her training attire.

“Sure.” Gohan said sarcastically to himself. He could just see how his daughter felt towards Trunks, and it bothered him. He would keep an eye on those two.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

After 5 hours of training, Pan was satisfied. She made her way to the kitchen. “8:30.” She said to herself. She decided on a quick shower and head off to bed early.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

After her shower, Pan hopped into bed and closed her eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pan stood in a darkened room with a spot light following her around. “Pan.” Came an eerie creepy voice.

“Huh? Who’s there?!” Pan said facing the direction of the call.

“Pan.” It chimed again. Pan turned the other way.

“What do you want?” She said dropping into a sparring stance.

“You.” Came a voice next to her ear. Pan could feel the breath of her enemy tickling her ear. She quickly turned around and backed away a couple of steps. Her eyes widened is surprise as she found the owner of the voice.

“G-g-g-g-grandpa?” Pan questioned. She raised an eyebrow as this man grinned wickedly.

“No.” He chimed.

“Then why the hell are you walking around looking like my grandfather!?” Pan snapped.

“Hmph. Don’t you ever compare me to that idiot Kakarotto.” He spat. “I am Turles, your grand father’s brother.” He replied with a smirk.

“W-w-w-what?” Pan stammered. “Then how are WE related?”

“Just call me…ummm…Grandpa!” His smirk widened. “That’s if you survive kid.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Pan said gathering her wits.

“I mean…” Turles started. “…I’ll be seeing you in 11 days.” He finished.

“What the hell have you gotten against Earth?” Pan said finally placing the pieces of the puzzle together.

“Ah, so you’ve figured out what I meant. Perhaps you’re a lot smarter than I thought.” Turles remarked.

“Shut the hell up and answer the question.” Pan spat.

“You listen here brat. I don’t take orders from you or anybody.” He said dangerously.

“Then answer the damn question.” Pan seethed. She was tired of this little game that he was playing.

“I just want to destroy it because your grandfather cherishes it so much. He destroyed everything that I’ve worked so hard to accomplish. Him and his stupid brat.” He finished.

“Watch it buddy. That ‘brat’ happens to be my father.” Pan said still unafraid by this man.

“You know kid, you’ve got a BIG mouth. I just hope that you’re ready to die.” He shrugged.

“HA! You’re just another idiot trying to conquer the Earth. Take a number and stand in line buddy. Face it, no one can beat 5 Super Saiya-jins, a very strong Namek, and me.” Pan said smugly.

“HAHAHAHAHA!” Turles laughed. “You think that you can beat me? I’m 20 times stronger than Broli. Ask your father and grandfather, it took ALL of them to beat Broli, and they barely survived all 3 times. So forget it kid, you can’t beat me!”

“Watch me.” Pan said evilly.

“Perhaps we shall have a little sparring match. You know, give you a LITTLE demonstration of my great power.” Turles smirked.

“Good.” Pan said cockily. She quickly lowered into a sparring stance. Before Pan could even begin her attack, she was knocked head first into the ground, creating a crater. Pan found that she couldn’t even move. She let her eyes move to the smirking Turles.

“Is that all you’ve got?” He said playfully.

Pan was about to retort, but she found that she couldn’t even move her jaw.

“I’ll let you live right now to go and tell the others my very useful advise…run. That’s right brat, RUN! Face it, my power level is greater than all of you combined.” Turles said leaving.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pan sat straight up in bed. Her mouth was open as she panted from the horrible nightmare that she just had. ‘We don’t stand a chance.’ She thought. ‘But how can he be so strong. I didn’t even see him move.’ Pan got out of bed and began to pace her room. “He said that we don’t even stand a chance. Dende said that his power level was a little more than all of ours combined.” Pan said making a checklist. “What if I were able to turn SSJ! Better yet…SSJ2!” Pan mentally slapped herself.

‘How the hell am I supposed to turn SSJ2 in just 11 days?’ After an hour of pacing her room and thinking, Pan felt restless. “I swear, my spirits are down and my time is running out…” Pan trailed off. “That’s it!” She screamed in a whisper.” “I’m such an idiot!” This time Pan slapped her head. “THE ROOM OF SPIRIT AND TIME!” She yelled.

“All right, I’ll start tomorrow, but first I need my sleep.” Pan hopped into bed and thought about her plan before drifting off into a peaceful slumber.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Pan woke up early, perky as ever.

“Pan, wake up. Time for school.” Videl said groggily. She walked in expecting the quarter saiya-jin to be fast asleep. “I’m already up!” Pan said to her mother. “Morning mom.” Pan said kissing Videl on the cheek before making her way to the kitchen.

“Did I miss something?” Videl asked herself. “Teenagers.” She said shaking her head.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Pan left for school early that day. An hour to be exact. Pan walked silently while thinking of all the pros and cons of her idea.

‘Should I even do this?’ Pan thought. ‘I guess that I’ll only train for 9 days. That way I can hang out with everyone. That means that I’ll miss nine years of my life. NINE!’ Pan was silent for a minute. ‘But everyone else has died for the Earth at least once to protect it. I guess it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t make some sacrifices too. I guess that nine years isn’t that long.’ She said trying to look on the bright side.

“It’s settled then, I’ll start right now!” Pan said to no one in particular. She changed her course from school to Dende’s lookout.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

When Pan got there, all she saw was Mr. Popo.

“Hi Mr. Popo.” Pan said cheerfully.

“Hello Pan.” He replied lifting his head to look at the young girl.

“So, where is everybody?” Pan asked politely.

“Why Piccolo is sparring with your dad for the battle, and Dende went to go talk to Bulma.” Mr. Popo said.

“Ah.” Pan replied.

“If you’ll excuse me, I must tend to the garden. Take care now.” Mr. Popo said trotting away.

“Bye.” Pan waved. She checked around to make sure that everyone was gone. She rushed over to the room of Spirit and Time.

“Wow, looks like they made some new changes.” Pan said in awe. The door was now programmable and allowed you to stay in longer than the 1 year limit. After looking over everything carefully, Pan set the door to open in 9 days…or 9 years.

“See you in nine years.” Pan said before entering the door.

The siren went off to indicate that someone was using the room.

“Oh no!” Mr. Popo said running into the room where the door was, but it was too late. “PAN!” He said in a last attempt. Since they modified the door, all of the controls were inside. There was nothing that none of the spectators could do, but watch. The only thing that was available for them to see was the status of the person and the time the room would be occupied.

“Dear Dende-sama. That’s nine years.” Mr Popo mumbled.

%%%%%%%%%%%%

Ever since the news of the oncoming threat was passed to the Z warriors, they trained non-stop. Everyone gathered at Bulma’s house since she built a special area designated for them to train while the ladies all chatted. The men were satisfied since there was a gravity machine also.

Trunks and Goten were sparring. Not too far away were Gohan and Piccolo and Vegeta and Goku.

*Trunks and Goten*

“So Goten, where’s Pan?” Trunks said blocking one of Goten’s kicks.

“Why so worried?” Goten smirked while punching Trunks in the stomach. Trunks just grunted, but continued.

“Because normally, she’d be training like the rest of us, baka.” Trunks barked.

“Whoa, easy there boy.” Goten said to the pissed Trunks. “She went to school. My mom told her that school comes before training.”

“Ha! If she doesn’t train, then there won’t be a school.” Trunks said punching Goten in the chin.

“That’s what I said, but you don’t argue with my mom.” Goten said recovering from the attack.

“I’ll say.” Trunks responded.

*Goku and Vegeta*

“So Kakarotto, is that all you’ve got?” Vegeta taunted.

“Nope.” Goku responded.

“Hmph.” Vegeta said punching Goku in the gut. “So, where’s the brat’s brat.”

“Huh? Oh, Pan went to school.” Goku said.

“That’s stupid.” Vegeta spat. “What in hell’s name for? Stupid bakas.”

“I know.” Goku said seriously.

*Gohan and Piccolo*

Gohan aimed a punch towards his former sensei’s head, but stopped in mid-punch as Piccolo held up his hand and closed his eyes.

“What’s up Mr. Piccolo?” Gohan asked.

“Sh!” Piccolo shushed.

‘What is it Mr. Popo?’ Piccolo thought.

“HURRY! YOU MUST GET EVERYONE HERE NOW!” Mr Popo respnded quickly.

Piccolo’s eyes snapped open as he focussed his attention on Gohan. “Okay kid, get everyone rounded up and up to the look out. There’s a problem.”

“Right.”

%%%%%%%%%%%%

The whole Z gang (Minus Pan) stood in a semi circle around Mr. Popo.

“Well spit it out. I’ve got training to do.” Vegeta spat.

“Vegeta!” Bulma said slapping his arm.

“He’s right. What’s up Mr. Popo?” Goku asked nicely.

“No wait! Don’t start till I come back with Pan.” Trunks said about ready to fly away.

“NO WAIT! THIS IS ABOUT PAN!” Mr. Popo yelled.

“Huh?” Everyone said.

“Follow me.” Mr. Popo spoke solemnly. He lead them to where the door to the Room of Spirit and time was. As soon as everyone was gathered around again, he began to speak. “This is the newly improved Room of Spirit and Time. All controls are from the inside and the user is allowed to stay in the room up to 10 years…or 10 days.”

“So, what’s this got to do with Pan?” Videl inquired.

“Look.” Mr. Popo said typing into a computer to bring the information of the user into view.

“WHAT?!” Chi Chi screamed. “NINE DAYS?!”

“THAT’S NINE YEARS?!” Videl screamed.

“Calm down mom, Videl.” Gohan said.

“Don’t tell me to calm down.” Videl seethed. “My only daughter is going to be there for none days. That is none years out of her life.” Videl pointed out.

“Oh no, she didn’t even pack any clothes. And what about her studies. Oh my gosh, what is she gets hurt.” Chi Chi said breaking down into hysterics.

“The brat’ll be fine.” Vegeta said casually.

“How do you know?” Chi Chi said calming down.

“She’s a saiya-jin.” He said leaving. “Come on. She’ll be fine. We could really use her help later. But let’s go train ourselves too.”

‘He’s right.’ Chi Chi thought miraculously. “Fine.” She said in defeat.

The entire gang left to go and train.

“Pleas watch over her in case.” Videl asked Mr. Popo.

“I promise.” He assured her.

“Thank you.” Videl said leaving with everyone else.

^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

Well, there’s chapter 1. What do you think? Please write a review. Thanks! And yes, there will be some romance later, just wait! Be PATIENT!

-Christina :)