The Strength of a Heart

 

Chapter 8 : A Secret

Chapter 8 is finally up! I plan to finish this fic of in around chapter tenth or twelfth and well I just thought you people aught to know, well with no further a due here’s chapter 8

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything from Dragonball Z or GT

* * * * * *

“Hmm… I got a…”

Trunks looked at his card but wasn’t sure how he’d managed to pick it up.

“What Trunks?” Pan asked not sure whether to be nervous or scared from Trunks reaction, “Trunks? What card did you get?”

“I got a blank card”

“A blank… What’s that meant to mean?”

“Umm… I’m not sure”

“Just pick up another card then”

Trunks wasn’t sure how he’d got this card, he was positive that he’d checked the cards at least three times before they played. Then a rather evil idea came to him.

“No Pan, I won’t pick up another card”

“Dose this mean you’re backing out?” Pan asked extremely happy to get out of this awkward game she had some how managed to get involved in.

“No”

“What do you mean then? Come on Trunks just spit it out!”

“If you say so…” Trunks leaned over to Pan and placed his lips on hers as if he was just going to kiss her again but instead of pulling back once he was finished he got a quick breath of air and quickly scoped Pan up in his arms and pulled her towards him. Pan didn’t have a clue what Trunks was planning to do but whatever it was she felt really exited for some reason.

As Trunks pulled Pan to him Pan decided to get some facts straight before she let any of this go any further, “Trunks what are you doing” she whispered ever so quietly into his perfect ear. Trunks didn’t reply to her in words instead he covered her mouth with his but Pan pulled back not sure she wanted to do this for she had a pretty good idea what Trunks wanted now and she did have a little problem with it. “Trunks… Trunks do you plan to… well… make love to me?”

Trunks only managed a mumble as a response to Pan question but to his suspire when he went in for yet another kiss she pulled right back and said, “Trunks I don’t know about you but… Trunks there’s something… No Trunks don’t do that look I’m trying to tell you something here”

Annoyed at how Pan kept on stopping their fun Trunks finally leaned back and looked Pan right in the eye and said, “Pan, if you don’t want to I guess I understand but... Pan with all the signs you’ve been giving me over the last few month I thought that you liked me and well I like you and I felt that we’re ready for this kind of a relationship now. Don’t you?”

Not sure what to say to Trunks’ rather blunt question she just stared at him. They looked into each others eyes for a while until Pan couldn’t take the silence any more, “Trunks it’s not that I don’t like you, it’s just that I’m… I’m a virgin”

Trunks was shocked, he thought that Pan would have at least been with one man during her life. After all she was twenty years old and she did have that one boyfriend, he couldn’t quite remember his name whom she had gone out for seven month before they broke up. She was at a reasonable age where an intermit relationship would be rather expected. He didn’t know what to do as an awkward silence came between the two.

Trunks knew he had to selvage the relationship some how no matter how little there was left, so he simply said, “Pan I’m sorry, I didn’t know”

“Yes well… I guess I’d better go start dinner, it’s getting kind of late” With that Pan quickly raced off to the kitchen not wanting to be around Trunks any longer then she needed to.

When she left Trunks just sat there, not feeling like doing anything anymore. He just looked off into the space and started to think, ‘She’s a virgin… It was years ago when I lost the privilege to say that, but I was drunk the first I ever laid with a woman and I didn’t really know what I was doing, but Pan… she’s different, she’s not like all those women I’ve been with before. She’s some how managed to stay pure throughout her whole life, it’s amazing. I can’t take that accomplishment way from her, I just wish that… Damn! Why can’t I stop thinking of her? It’s obvious there’s nothing that’s going to happen between us, especially now… but I can’t help but hope…” Trunks’ thought continued along these lines until Pan finally called him over for dinner.

He rose slowly and walked to the kitchen where he could smell a wonderful aroma. He looked at Pan as he entered and felt some tension rise in the air. He quickly sat down at the table to avoid having to look into those two innocent eyes that were just a few meters away from him. Trunks hated how this awkwardness had happened and he knew deep down that it was his entire fault no matter which way you look at it, after all he was the one that manipulated Pan into playing the game in the first place.

Pan came over to the table with a very hot pot in her hands, well that is hot for normal people but Pan managed to carry it without to much trouble and only using her bare hands. She had already set the table before Trunks had arrived so all she had to do now was dish out dinner to herself and Trunks. She got a spoon and place a rather large amount of food on Trunks’ plate and then her own. After doing all the chores that come with cooking dinner she sat down at her chair and started t eat.

Dinner was eaten in pure silence, you could have heard a pin drop it was that quite but this didn’t go unnoticed. Both Trunks and Pan were in a very uncomfortable position, they both wanted to apologies for their actions that day but didn’t know how to start. Around the end of dinner Trunks had had enough of the deathly silence so he finally spoke up.

“Pan I just wanted to…”

He was cut off by Pan, “No Trunks, it’s me that should be apologizing not you. I’m the one that gave of the signals when I shouldn’t have not you...”

“Pan don’t say that kind of crap! You and I both know very well that I’m the one who started the game for the sole purpose of… well… trying to make us get closer. I mean we are kind of close and I thought that we’d be good together, look Pan it wasn’t your fault at all”

Pan looked at Trunks as he was saying this, she noticed how he stumbled on the reason why he started the game and then she suddenly realized, “You just played that game with me to… to get me to sleep with you?” Pan asked not sure she wanted to know the answer but curiosity and a bit of need made it so she just had to know.

“What! Of course not… well I mean I like you and it seamed like… well you see I thought that we could… God Pan! What do you want me to say?”

“Just the truth Trunks”

“The truth? Believe me Pan you don’t want to hear the truth”

“Just spill it” Pan said very coolly and emotionlessly

“Fine but you’re not going to like it. The truth Pan is that it’s been a very long eight months and throughout that time I haven’t fucked a single women. Look Pan it’s the longest I’ve every gone without that pleasure and you and I seemed to be getting along great, Pan I really like you. You do know that don’t you?”

“I’m not sure Trunks, I thought I liked… no loved you but you only seemed interested in me for my body”

“No Pan it’s not like that! Please just listen to me”

It was too late, Pan had flown off somewhere and Trunks didn’t dare try to follow her. As she flew Pan felt tears going down her eyes but that wasn’t what she was worried about, she didn’t even care where she was going so long as it was away from Trunks. All she could do at this time was hate. She hated Trunks for his deception of her and how he thought he could use her, she hated this enemy which was the reason she was in here in the first place and most importantly she hated herself. She hated herself for ever falling for Trunks in the first place, for ever thinking anything would ever or could ever happen between them. She just wanted to die and she would have done just that if it wasn’t for this feeling.

It was a different kind of feeling, she’d never felt it before but it wasn’t enough to stop her hate, instead it brought more hate into her. She could just see how she had managed to be deceived by Trunks and his tricks, how he was probably back at the eating/sleeping area laughing at her vulnerability. Everything she had thought just moments before were brought back into her mind as she relived them all but 10 times worse. She could see her enemy and it wasn’t the one that was coming to invade Earth, it was the one person who she had trusted her whole life. The one and only man she had ever thought she loved, it was Trunks.

After this realization everything around her went black, all she could see was a picture of Trunks in her mind and all she could feel was hate towards this one man. This pure hate did something to her, something no one not even her thought would ever happen. Her eyes went a greeny colour and her hair turned the colour of the suns brightest rays. The hair on the top of her head began to change shape until it was completely spiking up into the air, Pan’s bandana had fallen off and landed on the ground but Pan paid no attention to her life long treasure.

She knew what she had become and she knew what she was going to do with this power that she had just been granted. Pan was going back, back to Trunks for revenge. Her hate would let her do nothing else and her pride wouldn’t allow her to forget what Trunks had tried to do to her. She turned around to fly to the unsuspecting half sayian-jin and she planned to make him pay, pay until he felt the full power of her hate.

* * * * * *

Goku and his sons had just returned home form their intense training session when a wave of dread went through his veins. He wasn’t sure what it was but he did know it was something that could mean trouble. He tried to push it to the back of his mind as his ever loving wife welcomed him back with a huge that could have suffocated someone but as we all know Goku is much stronger then any normal person. He returned the embrace that his wife so lovingly gave him then looked down at her with a smile on his face and ask, “Honey, is dinner ready yet? I’m starving and I’m sure the boys are to”

As if just noticing that her whole family were here she quickly let go of Goku as her face went red for Chichi wasn’t someone who liked to show to much affection with a crowed around. She was very surprised that Gohan had came due to his wife not being here but that just meant that he must be really hungry.

“Sure Goku, dinner will be ready in just a minute.” Chichi said but then turned around on Gohan, “Gohan, don’t you think you should call Videl and let her know you’re here?”

“I was just about to ask if I could use the phone but since you offered then I guess I’ll go do that now” Gohan said with a serious look on his face as he went to the phone.

Chichi wasn’t sure what to make out of Gohan’s actions to talking to Videl but when she looked around she noticed that someone was missing. She looked at Goku with a questioning look in her eye which of course Goku knew what she was wondering about. He just frowns as he told her, “Chichi, I know what you’re thinking. You’re worried about where Pan is, well don’t. She’s at the room of spirit and time training for this new enemy”

Chichi was shocked, how her little granddaughter could be in that room. She remembered when Goku and Gohan went in there to train before they fought cell and she wasn’t sure she liked the idea at all. Goku could tell his wife was in distress but thought he’d change her train of thought, “Chichi, I’m not trying to sound pushy or anything but I’m really hungry”

Chichi just sighed; Goku could be so childish when he wanted to as he was more worried about his stomach then his own granddaughter. She none the less went to the kitchen and started to make some more food for her hungry husband and two sons.

* * * * * *

What is Pan planning to do to Trunks?

Dose Trunks stand a chance agents her hate?

And will Goku ever think about anything other then his stomach?

* * * * * *

Well that the end of chapter 8, I hope you all enjoyed it and please review…

Ja’ne!