The Strength of a Heart

Chapter 11

Hi! This chapter took forever to write, I’ve been having writers block but I’m now back and with mid year break coming up in the 2 days I’ll be writing the chapters a lot soon.

 

Now on with the story!

 

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything from Dragonball Z or GT

 

 * * * * *

  

Four months had past since that blessed night they had bonded, and Pan was with Trunks training as hard as ever. Pan just wanted to become a super Saiyan, she had done it before. Back when she had tried to kill Trunks, that simple thought sent a shiver down Pan’s spin. She couldn’t believe what she had tried to do to Trunks and regretted it whenever she thought about it.

 

No, she wouldn’t think about that now. She had to train and become strong, they didn’t have much time left before they had to go back to the real world and Pan knew that she would need to be as strong as she possible could if she wanted to stand a chance of being a challenge to the enemy.

 

She began to power-up and release multiple ki-blasts at targets she had set up earlier. There were 400 different bits and pieces lying around that she planned to destroy all of them in the next 2 minutes. She hadn’t been able to destroy all the targets completely within 2 minutes before, she normally took around 2 and a half minutes and even then there would be the remains of a boxes lid somewhere.

 

But she just had to do it this time, not just because she had to get quicker and more accurate but she was running out of targets and soon wouldn’t have any left at the rate she was destroying them.        

 

She counted to ten before she vanished from any normal persons sight, all that a person could do to actually realizes she was there was watch all the targets go up in a puff of smoke.

 

About 1 and a half minutes into the exercise Pan felt a sudden ache in her stomach and had to stop. She slowly flew down to the ground where she was sitting down with her legs up agents her chest and her arms around her legs rocking back and forth.

 

This wasn’t the first time this had happened. Actually it had been occurring for the last two months, whenever Pan became completely absorbed into her training the pain would come and the only way to make it stop was to roll up into a ball and wait for the pain to go away.

 

It wasn’t the kind of pain Pan was use to; she could take pain from a broken leg or the pain she gets after an intense sparring session with Trunks. No she could take that kind of pain but this, this pain seemed to not just hurt her but something… someone else.   

 

She continued to rock back and forth, hoping against all hope that Trunks wouldn’t notice. She knew she should tell him, but what could he do? Tell her to relax and not train for awhile? Pan knew she couldn’t, no wouldn’t do that so she kept it to herself.

 

The pain was beginning to ease and Pan was just about to get up as a strong hand appeared on Pan’s shoulder. Pan looked up into two eyes full of concern and cursed to herself.

 

“Pan, you ok?”

 

“I’m fine, don’t worry. Common let’s go train” she hoped he would buy it but by the look he was giving her she knew that she wouldn’t get out of it that easy.

 

“But Pan, I just saw you fall out of the air. I don’t think you’re ‘fine’” Trunks was worried, he had just witnessed his love fall from the sky and thought something terrible must of happened. He was sure Pan was hiding something the only problem was what.

 

“Well I’m fine so you don’t have to worry. Look I have a lot of training to catch up on and I’m sure you do to.” Pan began to walk away but again the hand appeared on her shoulder. She let out a sigh and came face to face with Trunks. “Trunks what do you want me to say? Something like ‘I’m so sick! I can’t train anymore’ then go and sleep for the next week. No Trunks, I’m going to train and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

 

Trunks saw Pan turn to leave but as she took a few steps away from him he saw her stop, put both arms around her stomach and sink down to the ground.

 

It was happening again, the pain had come back. But it was too soon, it had only been the maxim of five minutes since the last wave. Pan crouched down on the ground, when she felt two strong arms embrace her and pick her up from the ground. She felt herself being carried away through the air and the next thing she knew she was lying down in her own bed with Trunks holding one of her hands and sitting next to her.

 

The pain wasn’t going away like it did before; it just kept on throbbing in her chest area. She felt Trunks strong hands in hers and that did bring an announce of comfort but the pain was just so strong.

 

“Pan… Pan what happened?”

 

 “Trun…” Pan couldn’t finish the sentence, it just hurt too much. Instead a scream of pure pain ripped from her throat and Pan began to tremble.

 

Trunks was in complete confusion, what the hell was happening? He looked on helplessly as Pan screamed and felt it rip at his heart. Wasn’t there anything he could do? Then he did the only thing he could think of, he picked Pan up and carried her to the entrance of the room of spirit and time.

 

He stood at the opening for a moment and when he felt Pan whimper in pain he opened the door. The first thing that happened as the door opened was a bright light that came and shone in their eyes. Trunks covered Pan’s face before he stepped through the door and was greeted with the site of the walls opposite the room of sprit and time.

 

It took Trunks a moment to adjust to his new surroundings but as Pan began to squirm in his arms he tightened his grip on her before he took of to Capsule Corp. He knew his mother would be there and hoped she knew what was wrong with Pan. Along the way Trunks whispered words of comfort to Pan but as the time past Pan began sweating and had just started screaming loudly as they landed at capsule corp.

 

Trunks rushed in with Pan still tightly wrapped in his arms as he sensed out his mothers ki before appearing in front of her testing some new invention.

       

Bulma was shocked, she had been trying out a new discovery when all of a sudden her son was in front of her and looked like he was carrying Pan. At a closer look Bulma realized Trunks was indeed holding Pan and Pan seemed to be in some sort of pain. She looked up into her sons face and wasn’t sure what to make of it.

 

Bulma was brought out of her train of thought as Pan screamed and started breathing really heavy. Bulma quickly ushered Trunks to a bench where she made him reluctantly put Pan down when she finally asked, “Trunks, what happened?”

 

“I… I don’t know. We were training when I saw Pan fall from the air, we fought a bit after that then she was on the ground in pain again. Mum, you’ve got to do something!” Trunks yelled in pure frustration.

 

“There’s no need to yell! Now help me, take Pan to the rejuvenation tank” Bulma ordered as she rushed ahead of her son to set the proper properties of the tank. Trunks placed Pan inside of the tank then turned to his mother and asked,

 

“How long will it take?”

 

“I’m not sure, when your father uses it, it normally takes around 2 and a half hours but he’s a pure blooded Saiyan-jin. There’s really no telling how long it will take.”

 

“But she’ll be alright, right?”

 

“I think so; you got her here early enough.” As if for the first time Bulma looked at her son, but this she noticed a few changes in his appearance. He looked like he’d just come from a work-out, just wearing the lose clothing he normal wore when he trained. She wasn’t sure, but she could’ve sworn that he was somehow different. Not different in a physical way, because she could already see that but different in a strange way. She let the though go, assuming she was just over reacting to her sons long time away from home. Even though it hadn’t even been a full day she still thought of Trunks as if he’d been gone far to long for her liking.

 

Trunks just stared into the rejuvenation tank, hoping that Pan would open her eyes, move her hand or do something to show him that she was still with him. He knew deep down that she was alright, that she was alive and would soon be back to her normal self but there was always this slight fear that he was wrong. That something terrible had happened so he just sat there, staring into the tank trying to will Pan into moving or doing something.

 

* * * * *

Is Pan alright?

 

How long will she spend in the tank?

 

* * * * *

 

OK everyone, I’ve finally got an idea for the enemy. It’s all thanks to a wonderful reviewer with a gift of creativity. Anyway the enemy will be coming in the next chapter, but I’ll warn you it’s not what you think.

 

Oh, and sorry for the short chapter. I’ll try and make the next one longer. And as always, Review!!

 

Ja’ne