The Strength of a Heart

Chapter 1 : The beginning

 

Hello everyone! Well here’s a new fanfic that I just though up. I just wrote it instead of doing my maths homework and I think I’d better get going so please, R&R. Ja’ne!

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything from Dragonball Z or GT

* * * * *

It was a cool Spring evening at the Sons residence with a few lonely birds outside singing there merry tones and the sound of a car coming into the next doors drive way where we find our 13 year old Pan outside practicing her martial arts with her father Gohan.

“Nice move there Pan, but try to put a bit more power into it. “

Pan having her annual training session with her father, covered in swet and trying as hard as she could to block a kick Gohan throw to her head was in bliss. Nothing around her was in trouble and she could just live an ordinary teenage life with nothing more to worry about other then getting good marks on her tests to please her parent and of course her grandmother Chichi and her social life. Yes Pan was in a time of peace, just after the trip to out off space with grandpa Goku and Trunks.

“Ok Pan, I think we’ll stop there for today. We had a good work out”

“Oh, can’t we train a little long daddy? Please!”

“Oh ok, but just a little longer. Then it’s inside for dinner and of to bed”

“Thanks! Now you ready?”

With a nod from Gohan Pan flies in with a round house kick at Gohan’s head. Gohan blocks the kick and attacks Pan with a palm heel to the stomach but is court of guard when his attack misses and Pan appears behind him and delivers a hammer fist on top of Gohan’s already sore head.

“Awww… that hurt. Now your asking for it” Gohan was about to go after Pan when they both feel two very familiar ki’s to their right. They both turn at the same time to great Goten and Trunks also sparring in a field about 500m away.

“Hello little brother, and you to Trunks. How are you going?” Gohan asks

Trunks and Goten just stop in mid punch to look towards the two new arrivals, when Goten asks “How long have you been here? I didn’t even feel your ki”

“Oh, around 4-5 hours… That’s strange we didn’t notice you either” Gohan comments

Goten and Trunks look around at the fields their in and at the same time yell, “How’d we get here?!?!”

Gohan and Pan just laugh at the obvious lack of attention the two had paid to there surroundings and how they must have been chasing each other all over Japan, before Gohan says, ‘Don’t worry you to, you’ll just have to learn to not just fight but pay attention to other things. On a brighter note have either of you had dinner yet?”

As if both reminded of their hunger, both their stomachs go off in unison to inform Gohan that they indeed hadn’t eaten in a while. So as Gohan had been taught how to be polite he invited both of them around for dinner.



Once they reached the Son’s cozy little house, although little wasn’t quite the word one would describe it. It was a comfortable house, with two floors and a reasonably large living around with a very well looked after garden they approached the front door. As they entered Videl greeted them with some very cheerful hellos and won’t you stay for dinner before she rushed off to the kitchen to order pizza’s for more then your average family, say around 40-70 pizza’s to feed around one human and four sayian-jins.

Once dinner was over they all sat around the T.V taking, when Gohan says, “Well Pan I think it’s about time you went to bed”

“But dadd…”

“No but now off to bed! And you two better head of home to, it’s getting kind of late”

“Yeah we better, thanks for dinner it was delicious” With that both Trunks and Goten fly out the open window to their house. As Trunks leaves Pan just watches with two young and unknowing eyes as the man she loves flies away. Now some might say that she was too young to know what love was but in Pan’s eyes this was as real as anything else and she truly thought that she was in love and who knows she just might be.

* * * * *

7 Years Later

“Pan, you up yet? Pan! Hurry up or you’ll be late for work”

“Coming mum!”

Pan races down the stairs with both her shoes in her hands and her bag only half packed running late for work as usale. Her mum was waiting at the bottom of the stair case with a paper bad in her hand, containing Pan’s lunch and gives her a little peck on the cheek before Pan grabs her lunch and runs out the door. Videl calls after her, “Have a good time at work!’ but Pan had already left.

Pan starts to think to herself as she’s running to work, “if I keep this up, I’ll be fired for sure. Geezs! I’ve been late for the last to weeks. The boss wont be happy about this”

As she runs through the door to “La Porcetta” her boss, Mr. Singclair comes up to her and says, “Miss Pan, if I catch you late again I’ll send you to the unemployment office. Is that understood?”

Pan gulps before replying, “Yes sir, I wont be late again I promise”

“Yes, well make sure of it. Now get to work”

Pan goes to work in the kitchen’s cooking pizza after pizza and always keeping her eye one the time. Then at 2 O’clock Pan puts down the pizza dough she was needing and says happily, “home time!” and with that she goes to Mr. Singclair and collects her fortnightly pays and decides to go over to the Briefs, collect Bra and celebrate the up-coming weekend.

* * * * *

Pan arrives at Capsule corp. to a very unwelcoming display. She sees Trunks holding something in his hand that looks a lot like a credit card over the top of Bra’s head and an evil laugh coming from him while Bra’s jumping up and down trying, but not seceding to snatch the credit card back and Vegeta and Bulma are on the over side of the garden in an augment about Vegeta’s training and the word woman when Pan decides it’s times to let everyone know she was there.

“Umm… hello?” It wasn’t exactly the best way to get everyone’s attention and when no one responds Pan gets angry and goes over to Trunks and Bra and lands a punch on Trunks’ face and says again, this time yelling it, “Hello!”

At this Trunks, holding his hand over his face and Bra quickly walking up to her older brother and finally retrieving her stolen credit cards says, “Hi Pan! Long time no see”

“Umm… Bra, I saw you yesterday”

“Really! Well what brings you over here anyway?”

“I just got my pay and thought we might go out tonight. So wanna go?”

“Hmmm… ok, but first let me get changed. I wont be a minute” So Bra walks off to capsule corp. to get changed in a ‘minute’ but as everyone know she’s likely to be half an hour.

This only leaves Trunks and Pan alone in the garden. Well almost alone, Vegeta and Bulma are still fighting over only Kami knows what now with Bulma trying to slap Vegeta but Vegeta catching her hand before it reaches his face saying, “Humph, weakling” which only triggers even more rage from Bulma as she starts to yell even louder (if that’s possible) at Vegeta. Trunks just swet drops and tries to apologies for his parent actions when they start to talk.

“So where do you plan to go anyway?” Trunks asks

“I don’t know, probably some new pub that Bra’s heard about… Hey, would you and uncle Goten like to come to?”

“Umm… Sure, I’ll go call Goten up and ask him. Just wait here”

Trunks leaves Pan and dashes inside to the phone. As he leaves Pan’s heart begins to slow down from the rapid racing it was doing while she was alone with Trunks. This is one of those moments that Pan likes to cherish, her being alone with Trunks. It came from a crush she had on him for years, ever since she was 13 years old her heart would race when ever he talked to her and her most favorite memories were when they sparred together. Yes Pan had it bad, and it was for a guy nearly twice her age and someone that almost every girl would die for.

It was about 15minutes later when both Trunks and Bra came out, both dressed in their night club cloths, Bra wearing tight black leather pants and a very fashionable red boob tub which of course looked absolutely perfect on her and Trunks wearing what he normally wears as they came up to Pan and Trunks says, “Goten said he’ll meet as there, so what car should we take?”

Bra thinks about it and say, “The red one, it’ll go great with my top!” Trunks and Pan just look at each other then at Bra before Pan comments,

“Bra, I’ve heard of people getting shoes to match their outfits but this is the first time I’ve heard some choose a car to match their cloths”

“Yes well, I’m just special that way. Now let’s get out of here and party!”

* * * * *

So what did you think? Please Review! It’s all I live for… well one of the things I live for. Also if you have any idea’s what I should do in the next chapter send them in.