The Price of Power

Chapter 3


"Oh no." Videl looked up and saw the Sayain space pods falling fro the sky.

Chi-chi looked up at Videl's words and placed her hand over her mouth. "Do you think Goku and Gohan saw them?"

"I am not sure. Let me go to the training field and find out." Videl floated into the air.

"Hurry!" Chi-Chi urged.



Goku turned at his son's horrified expression "I didn't sense them coming!" Gohan yelled, "How did they do it?"

Goku froze. "Gohan, Those are not normal Sayains. Their ki feels close to yours."

"What are you saying?" Gohan looked out at the pods pounding into the earth.

"They are demi-Sayains. One is probably Goten. That would make the other Bulma's child." Goku clinched his fist at the thought of what Bulma was forced to endure.

"The Sayain Prince? Vegeta must be very confident in him to send them here together." Gohan took off toward the pods. Goku reached out and grabbed his son's leg. "Hold on, Gohan. He may be your brother, but he was raised a Sayain. I am living proof that it is how you are raised that is more important then, what you are. Goten is one of them, Gohan. He may be of our blood, but he is not your bother, remember that."

Videl flew over to her husband. "Gohan, Did you see?" Gohan nodded to her "Where is Pan?"

Gohan looked at Goku "We let her run off with Marron!! She went in that direction too."

The strange pods came out of nowhere. Marron was pushed out of the way and plummeted to earth. Pan screamed for her friend. Then zipped out of the way as a second moved past her. "That was close. Too close." Pan hung in the air and watched the pods impact. She glanced around and saw Marron lying unconscious well out of the way. Unconscious she was vulnerable, yet her ki would be low almost undetectable. But if marron were to regain her conciousness...

The pods doors slowly opened and Pan sense a terrible power emanating from them. "Oh SHIT!" She flared her ki and blasted past them drawing the attention to her. She turned to face the open door and flew backward as he feet pulled up the dirt beneath her feet. The powers she felt she had no chance of defeating with a physical assault. Maybe if she got lucky she could out think the dangerous duo. She was sure that who ever was in those pods had seen her by now. She shot up like a rocket. First things first, get them away from Marron. Then she could think of a plan "Ughf" she hit a brick wall and bounced back into another. No! Brick walls did not float in midair. She tried to elbow the person behind her, but her arms where caught up in a strangle hold. She saw her grandfather's face before her and closed her eyes. She should have trained harder. She should have tried.waiting. She opened her eyes and every muscle in her body event limp. Her grandfather's face looked at her. He was dressed all in black other then his armor. He was younger?

"Well, well look what we have here." Trunks reached around to grab a firm breast in his hand and squeezed. He dropped his hold on one of her arms to make the movement. He Let go of the other to reach around her and clamp a vise like grip around her waist.

Pan froze in shock. No one had ever touched her like that, ever. She reached back and grabbed his hair and pulled him over her. Ducking her head she threw the unknown assailant to the mirror image of Goku.

Goten instinctively moved out of the way and charged Pan. The girl could fight, but he never expected the stinging pain of a ki blast in the face. Pan held her hand out then twirled to place her knee in his back sending him to earth the same as they had Marron. She frowned as he managed slowing his decent with his great power and fly back at her

"Halt!" Trunks held his hand up. Gotten froze and looked to his prince. "If she wants a fight, she will fight me." Goten nodded as Trunks said, "I want to be the one to tame her. She will think twice before challenging a Sayain."

Pan tilted her head "I don't know what a Sayain is, and I really don't care." She watched the lavender hair warrior drop his cape off his shoulders. All I know is you almost killed me with your stupid spacecraft. I mean, who in the hell do you think you are?"

"I am Trunks Prince of all Sayians, and you are going to bow before me a beg forgiveness for you impudence." Trunks circled her. She was dress strangely for a woman. She wore loose pants and a flowing shirt. Her hair was pulled back in a bun but half of it had been pulled free and hung is wild strand around her face. Her dark eyes where clear and bright. Ah, she was thinking. Good maybe this would actually be a little bit of fun after all.

Pan was getting worried. This guy was huge compared to her. She rated his power level way over her own. Hand to hand she was about to get a royal ass kicking. The sad thing was if what he said was true that could be a literal thing. Royalty, huh. "I will beg for nothing." Pan tried to calm her nerves. She didn't like the look in his eyes. She spared a glance to his companion. He sure looked a lot like her grandfather. What if he jumped in while she was trying to fight the other? She really didn't stand a chance either way.

Trunks saw her distraction and seized on it. With lighten speed that Pan had never seen before he grabbed her arm and flipped her around like a rag doll. Pan looked up at the blue eyes that smiled happily down at her. Her arm was pinned behind her back pinning her against him. "That was way to easy." Trunks laughed. Pan grew and aggressive in his arms and tried to pull back. Trunks simply lifted his fingers to apply pressure to her twisted arm. Pan scream as muscle began to rip in her shoulder. "You waist you time."

Pan felt tear forming in her eyes at the anger and humiliation. He had her at his mercy in head and dispelled the thoughts. Pan, you have to think! She slowly lifted her tear filled eyes to his. Disgust with her weakness, was all she saw there. Still he loosened his grip. "You concede to me that you are beaten. Now!"

Pan's face remained impassive as she raised her knee and rammed it into his most vulnerable region. Trunks was unused to such a unfair attack and buckled over.

Goten felt his rage rise at the attack and flew at Pan slamming the girl across the face and sending her like a stone into the ground below. Then he rushed to his Prince side "How are you my Lord? I have taken care of the girl for you."

"I will be fine." Trunks pulled away. He looked around and scanned the earth for the girl's body. "I will be better if she is alive. I want to see that girl suffer greatly for her action."

"What ever you desire my lord. I will check for you." Goten lowered to the ground. HE walked over to Pan's partially buried body and kicked her side. Pan came loose of the dirt and rolled over on to her back. She was limp and still as he knelt beside her. "Tougher then I thought" Goten gave her a dark look. "She breathes." Goten yelled so Trunks could hear. Looking up at the Prince Goten noticed the cruel smiled on his face. He returned his gaze to the girl "You were better off dead."



Marron opened her eyes to see Gohan coming into view. "Marron, what happened? Where is Pan?"

Marron sat up and clinched her aching head "I don't know. I was flying." She answered; "the bounding in her head was clouding her ability to think "I was flying."

Krillin slipped a hand around his daughter to hold her up. "It's all right, Marron. I am here now. Where does it hurt?"

Marron looked over at her father "Every where, Dad. I just fell out of the sky. But what I don't get is why? I don't remember what knocked me down."

Goku shook his head at Krillin's look. There was no need tell the girl she had been side swiped by an alien spacecraft. Their problem now was to find out where the two Sayains had disappeared to with Pan. Goku was positive they had her, but to admit, as much to Gohan would send his son over the edge and right now they needed him thinking clearly. Placing his hand on Gohan's shoulder to calm his son he said, "We will find her, Gohan. She is strong. She will survive, and with out her tail it will be hard for them to see her for what she is."

"If they hurt her I will kill them." Gohan growled.

"We will do what ever we have to Gohan. Our first priority is to this planet and her people. One life for thousands, that is why I let them take Goten." Goku reminded his boy.

"That was your way! I refuse to watch my wife wither and die everyday missing her child. A child I swore I would protect." Gohan looked over at his father. His rage at the loss of his brother coming to a head "I will not let Videl suffer the same fate as my mother."

"You are right. This is my fault. I am the Sayain. I am the one who gave you the curse blood that flows through you, but in doing that I gave you the power to choose. You can either follow the path of good, or fighting for what is right, or you can join with your rage and become just like the rest of them. Do you think a day goes by when I don't want to rip King Vegeta's throat out for taking Goten from us? Because I can tell you there isn't." Goku looked away from his son to the distance clouds. "All I can do is wait and train for the day we can set things right again."

"Things will never be right. Goten has been gone from us his entire life. Pan is in constant hiding. The poor girl has no idea why. Dad, she doesn't even know how much danger those men represent to her. If they find out she is a Demi-Sayian, do you think her fate will be all that different from Bulma's? Vegeta only thinks of his power and ways to increase it. Pan is a mean to an end to him."

"On that score we agree. There is nothing more that King Vegeta would like then to take Pan from us, and I will do what ever I can to make sure that never happens."

Krillin help Marron to her feet. "I will stand with you, Goku. There is no way I can imagine losing my daughter to those monsters."

Goku nodded "Thanks Krillin. This is my own son we are fighting, we will need all the help we can get."