The Price of Power

Chapter 29
T
 
Trunks dropped back on his bed with a satisfied smile on his lips. Pan was his, at last. There was no longer any avenue of escape left open to her. All he had to do now was wait and destiny would do the rest for him. In his mind he could still see her lounging back on the blanket basking in the earth’s sun. How could her family have left her so unprotected again was baffling to him. Still it had been a lucky break for him. He had walked over to her expecting her to anytime open her eyes and protest his presence. Instead she had slept peacefully. Even when he lowered his body next to hers she had hardly stirred. Only to moan, to his great surprise, his name. She wanted him, and badly. He drifted back to her sweet touches and gentle pleading. He had not meant to bond with her like that. Still as he had felt her warmth engulf him, and he found could not stop himself. He had to taste her life’s blood. There was no fighting the urges that beset him in that moment. She had reacted to it with basic animal instinct. Still she had refused to drink. He had used his body to make him make her comply. The rest of the bonding had been overly powerful. He trembled in remembrance. He hated to leave her there alone, but what else was he going to do. Things had not happened as he planned them.

“Trunks?” a man’s voice filtered through the room “Trunks are you home?

Trunks shot off his bed and opened the bedroom door “I am here, gramps.” he walked out to see his grandfather holding some new invention in his hands.

“I thought I heard you come in. How are things going at the office?” Mr. Briefs smiled at he grandson that until recently he had never know. When the boy had first arrive baring nothing but a note from Bulma and the cloths on his back Mr. Briefs had been in shock. He had long since given his daughter up for dead, now to know that she was not only alive, but Queen of an entire planet. Trunks quickly adapted to earths life style. His hair cut to the latest style, his clothing purchased so that he blended in with the local community. No one was the wiser that this boy was the Prince of Saiyans come to earth.

“I finished up the Burley accounts. There is a meeting in the morning with Anderson electronics, but I do not expect any problems with them.” Trunks answer off hand. The family business Capsule Corps was easy compare to the rigors of running an entire planet let alone the planetary systems that fell under Vegeta’s control.

“You work to hard.” His grandfather smiled “You know I was getting to old to handle the business part of the company any more. Having you here is like a miracle to me.” Mr. Briefs regarded Trunks with a bewildered look “But I still have no idea why you came here?”

Trunks was rapidly learning that his grandfather was no fool.

“To be truthful with you it has to do with my life mate.” Trunks answered his arms crossed. Thinking of Pan as his life mate brought a smile.

“Life mate? You mean you have a wife?” His grandfather stared at Trunks in shock.

Trunks nodded. As of tonight I do. He thought but said “Yes she is from earth as mom was. I have come here to reclaim her.”

His grandfather looked uncomfortable “Does she want you like you want her? There are laws on this planet.”

Trunks nodded “She does. She is merely unhappy with the idea of living on and other planet. Especially anyone as war like as Vegeta. That is why I am trying to determine how I like the earth. If I decide I like it here well enough I will remain here so that I maybe with her.”

“So you are giving up your planet for the girl?” Trunks nodded “Well then she is a lucky girl indeed.”



Marron looked across the table at Pan as she ate. “Umm. EWW.” She made a gross face “Could you at least come up for air?”

Pan looked up with a mouth full of noodle and sucked them into her mouth. ‘I am sorry Marron. I am just starving. I think it has to do with being so late for dinner.”

“Well if you would stop lazing about in the sun it wouldn’t happen.” Marron looked around and realized they were alone “Are you feeling alright?”

Pan nodded as she shoved more food in her mouth. “Umm”

Marron dropped her head on the table “Note to self: make sure Garron learns table manners.”

Pan’s shoulders shook with laughter. “It’ll do you little use.” Pan tossed her hair back. “All Saiyans eat like this and..” Marron’s face paled. Pan stared at her “What.” She looked around. “What.”

Marron rose shaking to her feet and stepped around the table “Your neck, Pan. Your neck!!”

Pan dropped her chopsticks “My neck?”

Marron reached out and touched the marks there “Those are bond marks, Pan.” Marron knelt beside her friend “Where… no when did you get bond marks?”

Pan gasped and clamped her hand over her neck. It was still sore and tender. Pan rose to her feet and raced though the house to the bathroom. Skidding to a stop in front of the mirror she pulled her hair to the side and screamed. “HOW? HOW DID HE DO IT?” She turned to see Marron standing behind her. She rushed into Marron’s arms and cried against her chest. “I don’t know how he did it, Marron.” She sobbed as Marron stoked her hair “I don’t want to return to Vegeta.”

Marron cradled her friend. “I will never let you leave. They wont take you.” In her mind she was scared though. Marron knew she was not strong enough to stop Trunks from taking Pan, and if they took Pan, Garron would be next.



Gohan walked up to the desk and smiled at the secretary. “HI I am Son Gohan I have a meeting with the President of Capsule.”

The woman looked up “Yes. He cleared the entire morning for you, Mr. Son.” She hit the intercom “Son Gohan is here to see you, Mr. Briefs.” She smiled “You may go in now”

Gohan walked into the large office and stared at the chair turned to look out the window. “It has been a long time, Mr. Briefs” Gohan spoke happily to the old man “Although I am a little curious as to why you suddenly wanted to see me?”

The chair swung around and Trunks came to his feet “I summoned you here Son Gohan to discuss the fate of your daughter, my life mate.”

Gohan dropped his brief case and glared at the young man “You life mate, over my dead body.”

Trunks chuckled and showed Gohan his neck “The you are looking rather well for a dead man.”



OK as of today Vegeta is gone! Yup, he has been tricked into slavery by Trunksgurl2. AMCM74 is currently lounging on the couch with Goku and playing Nintendo. AMCM74 and Trunksgurl2 decided to leave Vegeta’s fate up to you. Should he return to AMCM74 and the closet? Or should we make him stay in his current position as the new SLAVE of Trunksgurl2? AFTER ALL THE REVIEWERS WHERE THE ONES WHO SENT HIM HERE TO GUARD THE CLOSET TO BEGIN WITH!! bwhahahhahahahha