The Price of Power

Chapter 27
T
I
Ok peep bare with me here…my notes got destroyed by Spawn (my evil 18 month old.) How you ask?? Water bottle… mommy’s notes…. water bottle….mommy’s note….water out of bottle on mommy’s notes. So I have to rely entirely on my own memory for the details and highlights. At least I am close to the end WHEW

Pan powered up. Her yelling raged through room. Trunks gasped as the necklace she wore began to crack and fragment around her neck. The bond between them shattering with it. The pieces feel to the floor. Trunks felt the sharp pain piercing his head as Pan was snapped out of her Super Saiyan state. The breaking of a bond, normally only occurred in death. To each other it was like losing a life mate. The subconscious did not care that Trunks and Pan stood facing each other alive and well. It raged at its imaginary loss. Neither Pan nor Trunks had ever experienced a pain so intense and total. Slumping to the floor Pan passed out from her efforts.

Trunks barely able to move crawled over to her. He checked and assured himself she was still breathing before he sub came to the sweet void of darkness.

They lay there entwined on the floor pieces of the broken choker around them.



Vegeta drummed his fingers on the table and looked from Bulma to Bardock ‘Where are they?” Bulma looked at Bardock who ducked his head. Vegeta followed her glance and smirked “Come on Bardock. We all know you know.”

Bardock shoved a huge piece of meat in his mouth and looked up and gave a classic Goku look of utter blankness. “MU? Um dumm nummm nummm nummun.” He shook his head.

Bulma burst out laughing and Vegeta’s shoulders dropped. “It’s alright, Bardock.” Vegeta crossed his arms and sat back his eyes boring into the older Saiyan. “You have to swallow some time.”

Bardock cringed at his King’s words. Bulma rest her hand on the arrogant King’s shoulder “Honey. It doesn’t not take a genius to realize where our children and their new mates are at.” She leaned closer and brushed her lips against his ear “Remember what things where like when I first arrived on Vegeta?”

Vegeta remain completely motionless. Except for his lips, which turned up in the edges.

At that moment Br entered. She was dressed in a golden gown that flowed out behind her. She walked up to her father’s table and curtsied to him “Father.”

Goten slid around the corner. Seeing Bra in front of king Vegeta he turned on his heels and began his exit.

“Lord Goten!” Vegeta stood up. “Come here.”

Bra stood straight and looked over her shoulder and smiled sweetly. “My lord Goten!”

Goten froze, to run or not to run. Slowly he spun and bowed “You majesty.”

Vegeta looked him over “What happened to you?”

Goten banged his fist off his thigh as he looked at Bra. “I was sparring.”

Vegeta motioned for Goten to move closer. Goten walked up to stand next to Bra. “How are thing between you?”

Goten paled and Bra hugged his arm “We just await your blessing for out bonding father. I thank you for your thoughtfulness in choosing me such a mate.”

Vegeta smirked “You are taking your time Lord Goten? You already have my permission to take her as your own. Why do you wait?”

Goten swallowed hard and looked at his chuckling Grandfather. “It was the princess desire to hear it from you own mouth, your majesty.”

“Very well, Princess, I give you from this moment on into the care of Lord Goten. Upon your bonding he will become Prince Goten of Planet Vegeta. Second only to Prince Trunks, future King.”

Bra paled “Second only to Trunks?”

Vegeta sat down and smiled at his daughter “What? You expect me to pass the throne to a woman?” He regarded her closely “If Trunks can not fulfill his obligation to the throne Goten will succeed him.”

Bardock spat the wine he was drinking across the room. Bulma patted his back “are you alright Bardock?”

Bardock shook his head. “I am fine. There are just some things that even I do not see coming.”

Vegeta looked over “Really? What have you seen lately?” Bardock reached out and grabbed a fist full of grapes and began to drawl them toward his mouth. Vegeta intercepted his hand this time and looked eye to eye with the man. “Tell me what you have seen. Is it so bad?”

Bardock frowned “UUUUUAAAA. No. Yes. Well, maybe.”

Vegeta let go of the man’s hand “Tell me.”

“The things I see can only as accurate as the interpretation. I do not wish do disappoint your highness with my judgment.” Bardock stalled. When was the last time he had found himself on the down side of a mental battle like this one??

Vegeta shook his head “Fine keep you visions to your self.”

Bardock sighed with relief. As well as every other person in the room.



Marron rapped the back of her hand on Prince trunks quarter’s door. There was no answer. She frowned. Was it possible that Pan was not here? They were having the banquet now. Marron debated on opening the door. With a shrug she hit the button and the door slid open. “Sweet Dende!” Marron ran over to eh fallen figures. Pan lay next to Trunks naked on the floor. Trunks was still partially dress, but Marron paid little attention to him.

“Pan, Pan wake up.” Marron lifted the other girl s shoulder and watched her head fall back lifelessly. “What have they done to you now?” Marron patted Pan’s face. Pan still didn’t react. Marron frowned “I am so sorry, but” CRACK. Marron let the flat of her hand sting across Pan’s cheek.

Pan jolted up “Owwww.” She took a deep breath “Trunks?”

Marron sighed, “Do you always think of him first thing these days?”

Pan blinked up at her life long friend “Marron?”

“Exactly.” Marron looked around and grabbed the blue spandex off the floor “Put these on.” Pan stood up and started to slip into the clothes. “We have to leave, now. Everyone is at the Banquet. Between Bra, Bulma and Goten the pods should be in place and the halls cleared.”

“Goten?” Pan blinked “He would never help us.”

“HE wants rid of me, very badly.” Marron sneered. She wondered what his reaction would be if he knew she was carrying his child. “He has turned traitor for us.”

Pan looked down at Trunks. “I don’t remember what happened here.” She grabbed the armor and pulled it over her head.

Marron resisted the urge to kick Trunks and instead pushed Pan’s hair off her neck. “There are no marks here.” Marron looked closely at either side. “Maybe you fought him?”

“Maybe.” Pan had a flash of Trunks lips caressing her neck and she shuddered in remember ecstasy.

Marron grabbed her arm. “Don’t reminisce about this now. We have to make our escape now.”

Pan pulled away “In a moment. I know where the space pods are. I will be right behind you.”

Marron sighed, “I understand.” She looked at Trunks on the floor “make it quick. I have to get off this planet with or with out you. There is more to this them you know now.” Pan looked confused. “I will explain later.” With that Marron raced from the room. With a happy yippee of excitement she ran out the door yelling “Earth or Bust!!”

Pan knelt by Trunks and kissed his cheek softly “I do love you, my prince. But my soul must be free to live it’s own life and make it’s own choices.” She felt the tears rolling hot down her cheeks as she softly touched his hair. “Forgive me, my lover.” As She ran to the door she looked back one last time and whispered, “Be happy.”



“Do you see them?” AMCM74 tugged on Saiyan Serpents arms.

“Shhhh. Goten are looking at the tool set.” S. Serpent pushed AMCM74 back. “If we move quickly we can get around him. Just put the freezers between us.”

AMCM74 nodded and turned to go the other way running right into Trunks arms. “GOT YA!”

“AAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH” AMCM74 tried to pull back “S. Serpent HEEELLPP!.”

Trunks laughed at this the thought of a mere college girl thwarting him?? Trunks Briefs President of Capsule Corps, son of the Prince of Saiyans “That’s funny, AM.”

“FUNNY!” S Serpent tossed her hair and took a deep breath “This guy wants to know where the BLUE LIGHT SPECAILS are!!!”

Suddenly Trunks was mobbed again. This time not by adoring fans, but furious Sam’s club employees. AMCM74 ran to S. Serpent “How can I ever thank you?”

“You could let me stay and watch him getting his ass kicked.” S. Serpent tucked a box of popcorn under her arm as she spoke.

“Done!” AMCM74 watched as Goten rushed past her to help Trunks. “Free Free Free!” She ran for the door.

Once in the parking lot she slipped down by a blue ford escort. “I will just hide out here until it is safe to come out!” heeeheee.

About a half hour later she heard it….

“OWWW That is a lot of chocolate, Goten.” Faye took a bar from the box. Trunks scanned the parking lot. Bunny was holding on to his arm and gazing up at him lovingly. While Soda leaned her head on his shoulder, unwrapping her candy bar. S. Serpent’s hand followed Faye’s into the box. “COOL Chocolate bars!! Yummers!”

Goten looked a the girls “Aren’t any of you ashamed at selling our friend out? For chocolate.”

Faye looked at S. Serpent. “Do you feel bad?”

S. Serpent took a bite of her bar “No, if the catch her it is just more fics for us to read. Hahahahaa.”

AMCM74 jumps up and screams at the top of her lungs “Traitors!!” Storming over she grabs the box from Goten “Give me that.” Sitting down she unwraps a bar. “If I have to go back to my closet them I want one of these too.” Muttering to herself she adds “Next time I am calling Delia for help.”