The Price of Power

Chapter 23

 

T
Back, those of you who read faithfully know the rant was not intended for you. Right. Saiyan Serpent whacks AMCM74 with a ceramic mug "ooowwccch, guess not. Sorry to all the real readers out there. I will continue to update every day. I love doing it, BUT I do have kids and a Vegeta like husband that need me too. SOO the chapters will remain as always 2 to 3 pages a day No more no less.well maybe more if I can, but definitely no less then 2. (not including the authors not and extra parts. I threw in and..... looks at an annoyed Vegeta. I am rambling again, aren't I?

"MMm Hummm."

I will stop now and write the fic.



Pan stood before Bardock again, Marron at her side. "So you want to fight." Bardock laughed "All right, Pan. I will spar with you."

Marron flinched "What about me."

Bardock turned serious eyes on her. "You will not be sparring with anyone. I have already given the order that no one is to fight with you with out a penalty from me.

Marron's eyes grew widened at his words "Why! Do you think I am not strong enough to fight?"

Bardock shook his head. "You are plenty strong enough to spar with my lower levels here, but you are in no condition to fight."

Pan looked confused "Marron where you hurt?"

Marron threw her hands up "NO. I feel fine, if a little annoyed."

Bardock shook his head. "Say what you will and do what you want. No one here will fight you. Not even to defend themselves, so turning on anyone of them will only be cruelty on your part."

Pan shrugged. "You heard the man. You sit this timeout. Maybe it is some funny form of training."

Bardock looked at his great grand daughter. "Ready." He dropped into stance.

"Hai!" She followed suit.

Marron walked over to a walk and stood like a statue. Sulking was one of her forte's she looked like she would get more practice at it.

"Attack!" Bardock urged

"You asked for it." Pan leapt into the air and flipped over him trying to place her foot in his back. He moved and she landed on her feet and punched, but he kept moving out of her way. She was faster then he was. It was uncanny. He knew her every move. He never attacked only moved away. She was getting angry. This was terrible. The old man was making her work harder then she had ever had, and yet she still did not hit him. Not one punch, not one kick. She threw her leg up to his face and he caught it. Her eyes widened as they stood like that.

His face calm as he said "There comes a time that strategy and all you have learned is not enough, Pan. You must feel your way through a battle. Especially when you appoint knows your moves before you do." He tossed her foot to the air and she pulled back for a ki attack.

Bardock never looked at her only rose his hand to deflect it. Pan landed before him in shock "Sweet Dende."

Bardock smiled at her. "It's alright. There is still much you need to learn. But you should go now. I think Prince Trunks is looking for you."

Pan gasped, "How do you know that?"

Bardock took her shoulder and spun her around "Because he is standing right there."

Pan turned to see Trunks looking at her happily. "Come Pan, It's time for you to come with me." He held out his hand to her, Marron standing at his side.

Pan choked. In her mind she chanted. You do not love him! You do not love him! "I am coming." she ran to him and he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

As the trio walked from the arena Bardock chuckle "Yes you do."



Marron glanced at trunks hand on Pan's waist. It was so protective. The look in his eyes when he looked at Pan made her uneasy as well. This was going to be hard. The Princess Bra was defiantly right about Trunks. He was in love with Pan. She wondered if he even knew. Not that it really mattered. The mission was to get off this planet. There was no room for mistakes. If Trunks marked Pan she would be as trapped here, as Bulma was, physically unable to leave. Marron fretted in her mind. What would she do if that happened? Could she return to Earth with out Pan? No how could she face Gohan and Videl.

It was then the hand clamped over her mouth. She was pulled around the corner. She tried to scream but no air came to her lungs. She tried to kick her attacker her met with only solid muscle.

Goten glanced around the corner as watch Trunks and Pan walking away to absorbed in each other to notice the abduction of the third member of their party. He looked down at the struggling woman. "Marron it is only me." He hissed in her ear. At his voice Marron went nuts. She fought harder to get away. "Calm down. I only want to know what is going on here. No one is talking."

Marron broke away and punched him with all her might in the gut. Her hand hit the armor of his uniform. She grabbed her hand and squeezed her eyes in pain. "Son of a Bitch!!!"

Goten Chuckled "You know her better then I do." He saw the rage return to her eyes. "I hardly had a chance to meet with my family before Trunks went drooling after pain in my ass Pan over there."

"You should pay her more respect. The way things are shaping up she may be your future queen." Marron examined her arm "Damn thing is broke, and here I am all out of senzu."

Goten grabbed her arm and looked at it. "Wow you did a number on that." He started walking off "Are you going to follow mw to the infirmary or not?"

Marron walked after him. What choice did she have?

"On the way you can tell me what you and Bra are plotting for me." Goten looked down at her bent blond head.

"A long slow painful death for being such a horn dog." Marron mad a clipped reply.

"HA!" Goten teased "All women should be so lucky as it get a night with me." She glared at him "Don't lie I heard you moaning in that pod. You almost broke my ear drums."

Marron blushed "You are suppose to be marrying Bra and you talk to me like that?"

Goten shrugged "It was the situation. It will never happen again. There will be no chance as soon as I am bonded to Bra."

"Who says she even wants your playboy ass any more." Marron growled. His macho male attitude was getting to her.

"I have know Bra her entire life. She is my angel. Even before she knew her feeling for me I watched over her and protected her. I never thought the king would pick me for her. It is not an honor he bestows on me. It was a miracle." Goten stopped and looked at Marron :I truly love her. Help me win her heart again, and I will help you in your mission here."

Marron gasped "You would commit treason for Bra."

Goten looked with heart broken eyes at Marron "I will betray my Prince for her love." He looked as if merely saying the word was killing him. "But you owe me." He reminded her "No one can know about this. Especially Bra."

Marron didn't care, this left only Trunks and King Vegeta to contend with. "Very well. I will talk with Princess Bra. I am sure she can be persuaded to take you back. After all that other guy she was telling me the other guy wasn't as good in bed as you were." Marron walked off down the hall ignoring the shocked hurt in his eyes "After al we all know she is not a saint either."





Vegeta studied Goku menacingly "Remember, DO NOT, let the woman out of the closet until I get back. Understand?" Vegeta pulled on his stark white gloves.

Goku nodded "You have told me that about a hundred time. What do I look like, Stupid? Hee hee."

Vegeta grumbles something about not wanting to go, but he needs a few thing and it'll only take half and hour. What could happen? It's not like AMCM74 can escape while she is IN the closet. Right? Right?!? Vegeta looks at Goku again "You had best not Screw this up!! The reviews will be pissed." With that Vegeta walks out the door...............

Half an hour later.

Vegeta returns. "Goku where is AMCM74." It is the first thing he asks.

Goku looks up from his Nintendo game and grins happily "There was a problem with the closet." Vegeta's face falls "So I locked her in the bed room."

"YOU! BAKA!" A string of curse words are brandied about as Vegeta runs, Goku following to the back bed room. The door is unlocked and swung open. DUN DUN DUN DUN!!! The curtains swing softly, in the breeze from the open window.

Goku looks confused "Where is she?"

Vegeta screams as he pummels Goku "I was gone for a half hour! Only 30 stinking minutes and she is gone. Gone! NOOO!"

Goku cried out 'But, But I can explain"

To hear Goku's explanation and find out what AMCM74 is up to go to the 100 review special of "I NEVER GIVE UP" by me, of course, AMCM74. I know I know cheap way to get you over there, but hey it is a good fic too. Show me how much you appreciate the fics by reading and reviewing.