The Price of Power

Chapter 14

 

"NOOOOOOOOOOO! Not the closet! Anything but the closet." Hold on to the sides of the door as reviewers push AMCM74 in.

Delia laughs evilly as she turns the key. "Ok Vegeta you know what to do."



Trunks looked across the room at Pan who had curled up on a chair by the window. She clinched the blanket around her and stared up at the red sky. He paced some more, then stopped and looked at her.

She rested her head on the wall behind her "I have never seen a red sky before. It's very pretty."

Trunks clinched his fists. Here he was burning up and she was admiring the view. She had made it clear he didn't have a chance short of rape of having her anytime soon. There had to be a way around this. He looked around the room. If he could only bind her to him, so that she didn't want to leave. He could take her as his life mate. He shook his head. He had already told her he was not going to do that. There was another option. It was tricky. But he was willing to give it a try. "Pan do you want to see something really beautiful?"

Pan looked over at him studying him wit her eyes. "More beautiful then the sky? I don't think there is anything that could match it." She swung her legs down, long creamy white legs that were quickly hidden under the folds of the blanket.

Trunks swallowed hard, as he tried to calm his emotion. Next time he sparred with his father there would be retribution for this! Trunks swore it to himself silently. Slowly he opened a drawer and pulled out a wooden box. His hand shook as he held it. "This was a gift to me from a race of aliens that live deep in space. Vegeta opened up a full assault on their planet, after theirs refuse to swear allegiance to the Sayain race. It only took a few days they were almost destroyed. Goten was going to lead the last charge, but I held him back. I made one last attempt for a peace treaty. They accepted and gifted me with this as a token of their loyalty." Trunks opened the box to reveal a gorgeous choker style necklace. It looked like glass with gold elide through out. The strange metal was wrapped around a purple Gem cut in the symbol on the front of Trunks armor. "The purple represents me. The gem was cut with time consuming precision into my royal crest."

Pan touched it. "I have never seen anything like it! I am not a big fan of jewelry, but this is," She gasped "Well it is beyond words."

Trunks lifted it out. "Do you mind if I put it on you?"

Pa hesitated "Why would you want me to wear it. It looks very valuable."

Trunks smiled. "It is priceless actually. There is not another, and cannot be duplicated." Trunks held it so that it danced in the fading light of the night sky. Pan was almost mesmerized by the slow of the gem. "It will also give you freedom around the palace you would not other wise get. My men will know you are in high favor with me if you are seen wearing it." He saw her debating in her mind. He almost had her. "With it you will be allowed to go where ever you wish, with no one trying to bother you. Even out of the palace."

Pan blinked up at him "Out of the palace? On my own?" Her eyes narrowed "Why would you allow me that kind of freedom?"

Trunks kicked himself he had gone a little over board there. "You are on my planet. Who here will harbor you from me Pan? Really think about that."

Pan shrugged and accepted the wisdom of his words. "All right. I could actually go find Marron with that thing on, can't I?" Trunks nodded. "Fine." She turned around and lifted her hair. "Put it on for me, please."

"Your sure you want me to put it on." Trunks smirked. "It marks you as mine."

"For the next year I am. In a sense, so go ahead." She felt his hands drop the cold metal around her neck. His hands paused before he snapped the latch. "It's not as if I can't take it off. "Trunks stepped back and waited until she turned around. He didn't look overly happy. "What?"

"It looks good on you." He whispered.

Pan got a funny feeling as he stared at her. "I don't like the way you are looking at me. Umm, maybe you should just take this thing off. You don't look to comfortable with it being on me."

Trunks shook his head "I can't."

Pan blinked at him. "What do you mean you can't?" She almost laughed. "Stop being stubborn. She turned her back on his and lifted her hair to show him her neck. "Just take it off."

Trunks spoke louder this time. "I can't. Once the latch is clipped it cannot be removed. Ever."

Pan began to get a sinking feeling. That was why she would be allowed so much freedom with this thing on. The gem marked her as his property. There was nowhere she could hide. The truth would be right there around her neck. "This is not funny, Trunks." Pan grabbed his arms and looked up at him. She shook him and he allowed her "Take the damn thing off."

"The only way to take it off is to cut of your very pretty head. I don't think either of us wants that." Trunks admitted.

"Fine!" Pan grabbed it and pulled. "I'll just break it."

"The metal is a rare unbreakably alloy. There is very little of it in the universe. It was all they could do to find this much." Trunks grabbed her hands and dragged them away from her neck. "You can not break it. No one can. That necklace will be on you forever; Pan there is no way to get it off. NO way!

There had to be a way. Pan raged in her head. "I hate you Trunks."

"You may hate me, but no matter what happens now you will never forget me. Even if you end up back on you precious Earth that necklace will be there with you. If you ever take a mate he will know that someone claimed you before he did."

Pan cried out and punched Trunks with all her fury knocking him to the floor. He lay there unconscious. She breathed hard over him. She couldn't believe she had just knocked him out. Looking over at his clothes she took on a look of grim determination. Quickly she pulled on his shirt and armor. If she got lucky she just might find Marron quickly and they could start a plan of action. It was time these Sayian learned what she and Marron where truly capable of.

As soon as she was out the door she scouted around for Sayian soldiers seeing none she took off down the hall.



Next chapter Pan faces off with a legendary warrior. Humm who could that be any guesses?