The Dragon King
The Dragon King

Chapter 6: The Mysterious Warriors

By: Tapion

They stared each other down, waiting for someone to make the first move. She was the first to move. She moved at him quicker than he had expected. He just managed to jump out of the way as she kicked at him. He attacked back with his sword. He made a horizontal slash. She bent back till her head touched the ground. She put her hands down and after the blade had passed over body she did a walk over and kicked him in the head. She jumped away putting some distance between him and her. He stood up. She powered up. He sheathed his sword and powered up also. She powered up a ki blast. “KAHMAEHAME…HA!” she yelled as she shot the blast forward at him. He flew up high into the air. She pulled on the end of the energy that was still in her hands. The blast flew up at him chasing him. He turned to it and put of a ki shield. The blast hit him. When the smoke cleared he was smoking but okay. He flew straight at her and went for a punch straight into her nose. She blocked it with both arms. She retaliated with a kick toward his head. He blocked it. She quickly spun around and went for a sweep. He backfliped over it. When he landed they both went for a high roundhouse and both blocked. They did another one simultaneously and blocked each other. She acted like she was going to do another one. He did another one. She ducked and he spun around till he came back, face to face with her. She jumped up and did a flash kick, catching him right in the jaw. He went flying up and back. He landed on his stomach. She stood there and watched him.

He coughed up some blood. “Who are you?” she asked him.

“Me? My name is Tapion,” he said to her. He got up to his knees and wiped the blood from his chin. “Who are you?”

“My name is Krista. You wouldn’t happen to know a Pan would you?” asked Krista.

“No I don’t,” Tapion answered.

“Okay how about a Trunks?” Krista asked looking for a small bit of hope.

“Now, I do know a Trunks. What do you want with him?” he asked getting to his feet.

“It’s not him I want. It’s his wife,” she said in a grimace tone.

“His wife?” Tapion was astonished.

“Yes, her name is Pan,” Krista explained. “I must get to her with some important information concerning the future.”

“The future? Well, I can take you to Trunks’ house, but I don’t know if this Pan will be there.”

“Would you please?” Krista pleaded. “I’m sorry about attacking you, but you attacked me first. I was just defending myself.”

“One thing, why did you blow up that car full of people?” Tapion inquired.

“They weren’t people,” Krista said looking down at the ground.

“What were they then?”

“Demons. I know it sounds far fetched, but you have to believe me,” she told him.

“I guess I do,” Tapion said.

“Why?”

“If I didn’t I would have already attacked you again,” he explained.

“Okay, now can we please go to Trunks’ house. This is very important.” Krista said

changing the subject. “Oh right, come on let’s go,” Tapion said taking off into the sky. I sure hope this girl is telling the truth.

* * *

Everyone had stopped swimming and playing. They were all looking in the same direction, everyone except Bulma, Chi-chi, Ox-King, Puar, Oolong, and Drake. Drake stared at his girlfriend. “What’s going on?” Marron didn’t answer.

“Both of them are coming this way,” Piccolo said.

“Who are they?” Krillin asked.

“I don’t know, but it looks like we’re about to find out,” Goku said. Two small figures could be seen flying through the air towards the Briefs’ house.

“Wait, isn’t that? Yes, yes it is! It’s Tapion!” Trunks yelled.

“If that’s Tapion then who is that with him?” Goku asked.

“Does it really matter who it is. If they’re going to attack us then we fight back. If they don’t then we can figure out who it is,” Vegeta said angrily. Tapion and Krista landed. Drake was a little flipped out by the sight of flying people. Trunks jumped out of the pool and walked over to Tapion.

“Tapion? What are you doing here?” Trunks asked.

“Well, I saw this girl and she claims to know you Trunks. She also claims to know your wife,” Tapion informed him. Everyone’s eyes went wide. Trunks’ eyes were the widest. “She said the woman’s name is Pan.” Everyone turned their head to look at Pan then back at Trunks, then back at Pan and back to Trunks.

“Yes this is true,” Krista spoke up. “I am from the future. My name is Krista. I am Pan and Trunks’ great-great granddaughter. I am one sixty-forth Saiyan.” Everyone’s mouth dropped. Goku stepped up to her.

“Well, welcome to our time,” he said smiling. He extended his hand. She shook it. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. Drake still trying to grasp the whole thing was still in shock of the fact of people flying. “Oh, come on guys, as if you didn’t know time travel was possible.” Everyone still had a dumbfounded look on his or her face. “What about Mirai Trunks?” Everyone took this into consideration. Then one by one they started to nod their heads. Pan got out of the pool.

“What brings you to our time Krista?” Pan asked.

“Well, in my time there is an evil king. He rules over all of Earth. He is relentless and extremely powerful. He has no heart. He will kill anyone. When he first arrived he killed Goku, Trunks, Bra, Goten, Piccolo, and Gohan. Pan was the only one that managed to escape.”

“Wait a second. If he was old enough to kill all of them, then how can he still be alive in your time?” Bulma asked.

“Well, on a dark day for Earth, a power crazed maniac gathered all 7 dragon balls. He summoned the Eternal Dragon. He wished to be fused with Shenron. The Dragon granted his wish. Shenron slowly turned into energy, and shot into the maniac. The great power drove him even more insane. The first person to arrive to the scene was my great-great grandfather, Trunks.” She looked at him. “He gave a valiant effort. He fought with all his heart, but the evil maniac was too much. Trunks was sent to another dimension. The maniac soon hunted down the rest of you all and killed you. Pan was the only one remaining. She had gone into hiding with Bulma, Chi-chi, and Videl. She was pregnant before Trunks left. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. They managed to hide out until the girl turned 16. Pan had trained with her everyday. Then right before her daughter’s eyes, Pan was killed.” A tear rolled down Krista’s cheek. “The girl managed to find a mate. She had a son. She named him Goku Jr. after the greatest fighter of all time.” She looked at Goku. “When the boy turned 12. His mother was killed. This enraged him enough to go Super Saiyan. He wanted to take on the evil Dragon King who had taken over the world, but he knew what he must do first. He found himself a mate. They had another daughter. She was my mother.” She touched the bandanna on the top of her head. “Goku Jr. went off to fight the Dragon King. He was never heard from again. They could only assume that he had been killed. That was when my mother was 14. She found herself a mate and had me. Two days ago in my time, my mother was killed. I was hiding in some rubble when I heard the King tell one of his demon minions ‘I’m sick of chasing around these pathetic weaklings. I’m going to the past and I’m going to do what I should have done the first time…Kill Pan.’ So I managed to find plans for a time machine at what was left of Capsule Corps and I built it and came here.” Everyone was astonished.

“That was truly an amazing story,” Trunks said, swallowing the lump in his throat. “When will all this happen?”

“Well, I didn’t know how exactly to set the time machine, but if Pan is about 16 then I would say about ten years from now,” Krista explained.

“Ten years!?” Goku exclaimed. “We don’t even know how many of us are going to be here in ten years.”

“All of you will. I am sure of that because all of you die,” Krista’s expression never changed.

“Ummm…Krista if I may ask…how do Chi-chi, Videl and myself die?” Bulma inquired.

“The same way everyone else does, the Dragon King.” Bulma swallowed hard.

“Well, you look tired let me go get you a room ready. Tapion will you be staying?” Bulma asked the elf.

Tapion looked at Krista; “Yes I think I will.” Bulma went inside to get some rooms ready. Krista looked at everyone. They all looked so young and so happy.

“Well, I guess this means we’re going to have to start training again. Who’s going to train with who?” Goku asked everyone. All the warriors conversed about themselves for a minute then they all came up with an answer.

“Goku, we think that Tien, Chao-su, Krillin, and myself will all train together,” Yamcha said.

“Well, I think that me, Gohan, Goten, Pan, and Ubuu will train together. Piccolo, do you want to train with us?” Goku told the group.

‘Sure Goku, I could use a strong opponent to work with,” said the Namekian.

“I guess Trunks, Bra and I will train here,” Vegeta said huffing. Krista stared a cold look at him. “What are you looking at, girl?”

Not moving her gaze, Krista answered, “Nothing.” She turned to look at Goku. “Goku I was going to stay here for a little while to train. So I was wondering if I could train with you all. I know you have alot of people, but if I could join it would be greatly appreciated.”

“Sure Krista,” Goku said putting a hand on her shoulder. “The more the merrier.” He smiled his big goofy smile. She gave a little smile and he took his hand down.

She turned to Tapion, “What about you? What are you going to do?”

“Well…I was going to train by myself,” he answered.

“Why don’t you come train with us? Like Goku said, ‘The more the merrier’ and I’m sure you want a rematch,” she said smiling at him.

“Okay, you’ve got it. Now you owe me a rematch,” Tapion said smirking. Bulma came back out.

“Krista I have a bed ready for you. Yours is ready too Tapion,” said Bulma. The two followed Bulma inside to the Capsule Corps building. She showed them to separate rooms. Krista went into hers and sat down on her bed. She took the bandanna down from her head and held it in her hands and stared at it. A while later a knock came at her door. She jumped.

“Who is it?” she asked, her voice a little shaky.

“It’s me, Tapion.”

“Come in.” The elf walked opened the door and walked through.

“Whatcha doing?” he asked.

“Nothing, just thinking.”

“About your mother?” he said noticing the bandanna in her hands.

“Yeah how did you know?”

“I see the way you look at that bandanna. I can tell it means alot to you.”

“Yeah, my mother gave it to me. It actually belonged to Pan, but it always got handed down. You wouldn’t believe how much of my family’s blood is on this one bandanna,” Krista said. Tapion had sat next to her. She sat her head on his shoulder. He was shocked at the comforting move towards him. He put his hand up on her shoulder.

“I know no one asked you this out there, but who is the Dragon King?” Tapion asked.

“I can’t tell you.”

“Why?”

“Because if I do you may kill him.”

“Isn’t that the whole idea?”

“Not in this case. Please if I tell you do you promise not to tell anyone and not to try and kill him?”

“I promise.”

Krista’s voice went low and Tapion had to strain to hear it. “The Dragon King is…Vegeta.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The secret is revealed. Vegeta is the Dragon King. How will Tapion react? Will they be able to stop him? Will their training be enough? What compels Vegeta to do this? Find out the answers to these questions in the next episode of The Dragon King.