The Dragon King
The Dragon King

Chapter 5: The Pool Party

By: Tapion

They were riding down the street in the very nice air car that was his. It was black. Marron didn’t care too much for the color black, but she could learn to like it. They sped along. Every once and a while Marron would give him a direction to go. “So the house we’re going to is where that girl with the green hair lives?” he asked.

“Yeah, and her name is Bra. The other one’s name was Pan,” she informed him. They continued along. She looked at the clock. It was 11:30. They were going to be early. She didn’t mind; she would have to introduce Drake to everybody anyway. I hope they like him. She looked over at him and smiled.

* * *

Vegeta had just gotten out of the shower. He felt a sudden jump of energy, but then it dissipated. He looked at his bed. His mate had set out some clothes to put on. He picked up the shorts and slid them on. Damn humans, they have clothes for everything. What did they call these? Swimming trunks? He tied them tight. He went to his closet and pulled out his pink shirt that said “Bad Man” on it. He wouldn’t admit to it, but this was one of his favorite shirts. He put it on and just let it hang open. He went and looked in his mirror. He smirked at himself. One day I will become more powerful than that low class Saiyan, Kakarot. He walked out his room and downstairs to the kitchen. He saw his mate sitting at the table with Chi-chi. He walked right by them and out into the yard without saying a word. He walked out to where Goku was lounging. “Kakarot, did you feel that power?”

“Yeah, I did Vegeta,” Goku answered. “I wonder who’s that was. I didn’t recognize it.”

“It was probably some pitiful human just learning to use ki attacks. It wasn’t that powerful.”

“Yeah, but it could have also been far away, or a weak attack,” Trunks said coming up behind his father.

“It didn’t seem evil,” Goten said.

“But you never know, Goten,” Goku told his son. “Well, it’s gone. So, I guess we can just relax till it shows up again. About that time 3 cars pulled up. Gohan and Videl got out of one, Krillin and 18 out of another, and the Ox-King out of the final one.

“Hello everyone!” Ox-King said waving to everyone.

Chi-chi and Bulma came out of the house. “Dad!” She ran over to her dad and gave him a big hug. Then she saw Gohan. “Gohan!!” She ran over to him and gave him a hug too.

“Hi Mom,” Gohan said.

After awhile, Tien and Lunch arrived with Chao-su. Then Yamcha and Puar came. Master Roshi and Oolong showed up a little later. Mr. Popo, Dende, and Piccolo showed up later. Everyone except Vegeta was glad to see Dende. He was always up on Kami’s Lookout. Then out of no where King Kai, Gregory, and Bubbles appeared.

“King Kai, what are you doing here?” Yamcha asked dumfounded by his master’s arrival.

“Well, Goku teleported up to my place and brought me a invitation to this party. So I just had to come,” said the comedian. Everyone said his or her hellos. Then, Drake and Marron pulled up. They both got out of the car. Marron had to drag Drake by the hand over to the group. He took him over to 18 and Krillin.

“Mom, Dad this is Drake. I met him at the mall today,” she said. Drake shook hands with 18 and Krillin. Then Marron took him around to everybody, except Vegeta and Piccolo, and introduced him. Then, Ubuu arrived.

“Sorry I’m late Bulma,” he said.

“Oh, it’s no problem Ubuu. I know you probably were doing something,” she said smiling.

“Marron,” Gohan said getting the girl’s attention, “where’s Pan?”

“You mean she’s not here yet? They left before us. They should be here,” Marron exclaimed. As if on cue, Bra and Pan landed in the yard. Trunks and Goten were the first to run over to great their girlfriends.

“Are you two alright?” both of them asked. That’s when Goten looked down and noticed that Bra was about to fall out of her shirt. His face turned bright red, his nose started to bleed, and he turned around.

Bra looked down and gasped. She buttoned up her shirt. Pan did the same with her overalls.

“What happened?” Trunks asked as Goten turned back around.

“You remember those guys from last night?” Bra asked. Trunks and Goten nodded. “Well my car ran out of gas…don’t ask…and they happened to pull off the road and tried to help us,” she added sarcastically.

“They were short one guy though,” Pan added.

“Really? Well, let’s not worry about it. Bra, I’m sure we can go get your car after the party. Until then, let’s have fun!” Goten said throwing his arms up. Everybody went back over to the pool.

“Come on Drake, I’ll show you where you can change,” Marron said dragging Drake towards the house. Goten picked up his bag and ran inside.

“I’ll be right back, Trunks,” he said to friend as he left. Goten went in through the kitchen. He checked to make sure no one was around. He ran upstairs to Bra’s room. He went inside and pulled what he had in the bag out. He set the rose on her pillow. He made sure to leave the note where she would see it. He slowly backed out of her room shutting the door quietly.

“What are you doing in my daughter’s room, boy?” Goten jumped. He turned around and was face to face with Vegeta. Vegeta was standing there with his arms crossed.

“Well…I…was…ummm…looking for the bathroom,” Goten said the first thing that came into his head. He was starting to sweat.

“I would figure with how often you are here you would know where it was at. It’s next to her room, baka,” he said.

“Oh, yeah, I remember now,” Goten said with a cheesy grin on his face. He walked down to the bathroom went in and shut the door. Vegeta opened the door to Bra’s room and looked around.

“Good, that low level trash didn’t touch anything,” he grunted. He went back downstairs to the party. Goten came out of the bathroom.

“Whoa, that was close,” he said.

“Sure you can change in my room, Pan,” came Bra’s voice from halfway up the stairs. “I need to anyway.” Goten jumped back in the bathroom. Bra and Pan came upstairs and went into Bra’s room. Bra immediately noticed the rose on her pillow. She picked it up and smelled it. “Awwww…look what someone left me.” She picked up the card and read:

I don’t really know how I can say.

How can one girl make me feel this way?

I know you were sent here from heaven.

I’m in love with you…[insert a word that rhymes with heaven].

Bra, you’re the girl for me.

And I hope that you can see.

That if you love me too.

Then I’m the only guy for you.

Goten

Bra had tears in her eyes. “That is so sweet. I love that guy.” She got a tissue and whipped her eyes.

“That is really sweet, Bra. I really love what he did for a word that rhymed with heaven,” Pan said reading the note.

“Yeah, that was kinda funny, but still it is sweet.” Bra said smiling. She put the rose in a vase and shut the door. Her and Pan changed into their new swimsuits. While the door was closed, Goten ran back down to the party.

“Where did you go Goten?” Trunks asked when his friend came back.

“Ummm…to the bathroom,” Goten said.

“Yeah, I bet,” Trunks said nudging him with his elbow. The two went back over to the pool. Gohan and Videl were already in the pool. Goku was already wet and he was trying to talk Ubuu into the pool.

“Come on Ubuu, it’ll be fun,” Goku said.

“I don’t know Goku,” Ubuu said inching away from the Saiyan. Goku picked Ubuu up and threw him in the pool. He burst into laughter. Ubuu got out of the pool and grabbed Goku and dragged him in. Dende, Ox-King, Lunch, and Chao-su were all playing a game of cards. Tien and Yamcha were heading towards the pool. Bulma and Chi-chi were sitting on the edge of the pool with their feet hanging in the water. Mr. Popo was looking at some of the flowers. Piccolo was meditating under a tree. Gregory was flying around Bubbles, mocking him. King Kai was trying to tell some jokes to Vegeta. Krillin and 18 had just jumped in the pool.

Marron came out with Drake. She had a bright yellow bikini on. He had a pair of yellow swim trunks with flames on the bottom. She was holding his hand. They got over to the pool. “Hey Drake, you wanna come swim?” Goku asked.

“Sure,” Drake said. He looked at Marron and smiled. He went to go jump in the pool and Marron pushed him in. She laughed at her handy work. Trunks came up behind her.

“That was mean Marron,” he said. Her eyes went wide and she turned around. Trunks gave her a smirk, just like his father’s and pushed her in. Trunks pointed and laughed at her. Goten ran at Trunks. Trunks turned around and grabbed his friend and pulled him into the pool as Goten pushed him. They all laughed. Then something caught Trunks and Goten’s eyes as they came out of the house. It was Bra and Pan. Bra was wearing a two piece swimsuit with shorts for the bottom. It was purple. Pan had a black one-piece suit that flowed evenly with the way her body curved.

“Duh…ummm…yeah…ummm…you look nice Pan,” Trunks managed to say.

“Ummm…yeah…you too Bra,” Goten stammered. Both the girls walked over to the pool where their boyfriends were.

“Come here Goten,” Bra said motioning for him to come to the side of the pool with her finger. Goten obeyed. When he got close enough Bra slid from the side of the pool onto his shoulders. They laughed.

“Chicken fight!” The two yelled in unison. Pan hopped down into the water and swam over to Trunks.

“You wanna get on?” he asked.

“Sure,” she answered. Trunks dove under the water and Pan got on his shoulders. They headed towards Bra and Goten. Drake and Marron came from the side of Trunks and Pan and tried to knock them over. Then Bra and Goten shot forward and joined the fight. They were all struggling with each other. They all started to get off balance. They all fell into the pool.

“Who won?” was the first thing Goten said.

“No one,” Marron answered. They all laughed. Pan wrapped her arms around Trunks’ waist. He turned his head and smiled at him. She kissed him. Marron got on Drake’s back. He turned his head to look at her and she kissed him. Bra walked straight up to Goten. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him the deepest kiss out of the three.

“Thanks for the rose,” she whispered softly in his ear. He smiled.

“You’re welcome.”

* * *
She looked out at the world. It was so different from the one she was use to. It was so beautiful. She had come to this cliff many times in her time. Yet, it never looked this nice. She didn’t have to worry about His forces finding her. She smiled. I’m going to save the future. She had it all planned out. She closed her eyes and looked for the strongest power on the planet. She felt it. She noticed that it was surrounded by the other highest powers in the world. She flew off towards it as fast as she could. Shit, what if I’m too late? Suddenly she was taken down to the ground by a shadowed figure. “What are you doing? You just blew up a car and walked away,” said the figure. His mohawk moved with the breeze.

“Who are you?” asked the girl.

“I should ask you the same thing,” he said back. He reached over his shoulder and unsheathed his sword that he carried with him. The girl took a fighting stance. There was going to be a fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who is this mysterious warrior? What is the information that the girl has? Who is this girl? Will we ever find out the answers to this? How bad is the author going to screw up the DragonBall Z Timeline? Find all the answers in the next edition of The Dragon King.