The Dragon King
The Dragon King

Chapter 3:The New Guy

By: Tapion

Pan woke up with the light from the new rising sun shining through her window and onto her. She sat up and Trunks’ jacket fell into her lap. She looked down at it and smiled. He’s all mine now. She carefully laid the jacket onto the bed next to her and stood up. She stretched and looked at the clock. It was 7:30. She looked in her closet for something to wear. I need something Trunks will like. She looked and all she came up with was her favorite outfit…overalls and a T-shirt. She set them on the bed next to Trunks’ jacket and went down the hall to take a shower. She went into the bathroom and shut and locked the door. She took of her PJ’s and her underwear. She turned the shower on and stepped into it. She leaned back against the wall of the shower letting the warm water cover her body. She was thinking of the night before. She brought her fingers up to her lips. I finally got my wish and he kissed me. She smiled the biggest smile she has ever smiled. She wet her hair and picked up the shampoo. She put it in her hair, lathered, rinsed, and repeated, she wanted her hair to look perfect for Trunks.

She got out of the shower after washing her body off. She dried off and wrapped a towel around her body and one around her hair. She looked at the mirror over the sink. It had fogged up from all the steam in the bathroom. She put her finger up to it and wrote as she said the words, “Pan loves Trunks.” She smiled at her handy work and left the bathroom and went down the hall, back to her room. She got back in her room and noticed that there was an envelope with her name on her dresser. She opened it and read:

You are cordially invited to a

Pool Party at the Briefs’ house

on the Sunday of this week

at 12:00.

Please bring your swimsuit and a

towel.

Everyone will be there.

Please Come

The Briefs

She smiled. Today was Sunday. Oh shit! I need a new swimsuit. She panicked. Then she realized it was 8 o’clock. “I have 4 hours to buy one. I’ll call Bra and Marron and we can all go shopping for new swimsuits,” she said. She closed her door and went to her dressed and looked in her mirror. She smiled and got some underwear out. She took her towel off and put her bra and panties on. She slid her shirt on and then put her overalls on and buckled them. She went back to her mirror and brushed out her hair. She put it up so it would fit in her bandanna and then she put her bandanna on. She walked back over to her bed and smiled, she had been doing alot of that lately. She picked up the final piece of her outfit, Trunks’ jacket. She slid it on and looked in her mirror again.

“Well, it really doesn’t go with the orange, but I don’t really give a damn,” she said to herself and then opened her door and walked down to the phone to call Bra.

“Hey honey, where did you get that jacket?” Videl asked when she walked into the kitchen. “It looks like the one Trunks always wears.” Pan smiled.

“I got it from my man,” she said then giggled.

“Your man!?” Videl asked running over to her daughter.

“Yeah, my man,” Pan said with a smug look on her face.

“Who? When?” Videl asked, excited.

“Who: Trunks, when: last night,” Pan said reaching for the phone. Videl’s jaw dropped. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to call Bra.” She picked up the phone and dialed her friend’s number.

* * *

Trunks came out of the gravity room. He had been training since 4 o’clock that morning. He had a towel around his neck. He looked around to see if anyone was around. No one was. He knew he trained so he would look good at the pool party. Pan was going to be there, he had to look good. He walked into the kitchen. He went to the refrigerator and got a drink. He pulled out a thing of lemonade and he grabbed a glass. He poured it and took a sip. The phone rang. He ran over and got it. “Hello, Briefs’ residence. Trunks speaking.”

Pan’s voice came over the phone, “Oh, hi Trunks.”

Trunks smiled and said, “Hi Pan. Are you and your parents coming to the pool party?”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Trunks, can I talk to Bra?” she asked.

“Bra?” Trunks sounded disappointed. “If I can find her. Just a minute please.”

“Okay.” Pan said. Trunks set the phone down and went upstairs.

“Bra!” he yelled looking for his sister.

“I’m in here,” came her voice from her room. Trunks walked into her room to see her laying on her bed.

“Pan’s on the phone for you.”

“For me? Okay.” She got up and ran downstairs and picked up the phone. “Hello?”

“Hey Bra. I was wondering if you wanted to go shopping. I need a new swimsuit.”

“Do you really need a new swimsuit or do you just want to look sexy for Trunks?” Bra asked.

Pan blushed on her side of the line, “Ummm…both.” They both giggled.

“Okay, I’ll go. I need a sexy suit too.”

“Any particular reason?” Pan inquired.

“Goten,” she replied simply.

“Goten? As in my uncle?” Pan was astonished.

“Yeah,” Bra said. “Are you going to see if Marron wants to go?”

“Yeah I figured we would. You can call her.”

“Okay, why don’t you come on over?”

“Okay, see you in a few,” Pan said and hung up. Bra hung up the phone and proceeded to call Marron.

* * *

Goten woke up slowly. He looked at his clock. 8:15, late for him. He got up slowly and wiped the sleep out of his eyes. He walked downstairs to see his mom working busily away in the kitchen. He saw his dad pigging out on his breakfast. “Good morning Goten,” Goku said with his mouth full.

“Morning dad.” Goten said and sat down at the table in front of his pancakes. “Wow mom this looks good.”

“Well you better hurry up and eat it before you father does,” Chi-chi said. “Oh by the way, we’re going to pool party at the Briefs’ today so don’t run off after breakfast.” Goten stopped eating for a minute and smiled then went back to eating his breakfast.

He ate his pancakes quickly and ran back upstairs. He grabbed some boxers and some clothes and went and took his shower. He got dressed and ran back downstairs.

“Mom, when’s the party?” he asked Chi-chi when he got down into the kitchen.

“Noon.”

“I’m going to go into town really quick and get something. I’ll be back before we leave,” he told her.

“Okay, if we’re not here when you get back, go ahead to Bulma’s.”

“Okay,” he said. He gave his mom a kiss on the cheek and went outside and flew into town.

* * *

Piccolo flew up to Kami’s Lookout. He landed on the white tiled floor. Mr. Popo was watering the flowers. “Piccolo, how are you?”

“I’m fine, Popo. And you?” Piccolo said smiling.

“Oh we’ve been better. Dende’s been sensing a rising evil coming, but he can’t tell where from.” He sat down the watering pot. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small envelope. “Bulma brought this by for all of us.” Piccolo opened it and read it.

“A pool party? I’ve never been invited to a party.” Piccolo gave Mr. Popo the letter back. “I don’t have time for that.”

“Please Piccolo come with us,” came a young voice from behind him. Piccolo turned around to see Dende with his cane that was way bigger than him. “You need to lighten up a little and this could help. Plus, Gohan will be there.” Piccolo hadn’t see Gohan In a long time.

“Fine I’ll go” Piccolo finally gave in. “When is it?”

“12 o’clock,” Mr. Popo answered.

“Tell me when it’s time to leave,” Piccolo said walking to the edge of Kami’s Lookout and sat down.

* * *

Pan arrived at the Briefs’ house. She rang the doorbell. Bulma answered. “Hello Pan, are you hear to see Bra?”

“Yes ma’am,” Pan replied.

“Don’t call me ma’am. It makes me feel old.”

“Okay.” Bulma let Pan out and she sat down on the couch.

“Is that Trunks’ jacket?” Bulma asked noticing the jacket Pan was wearing.

“Yes it is.”

“How did you get it?” Bulma asked inquisitively.

“He gave it to me.”

“Oh, I’ll leave you alone now and go get Bra.” Bulma left. Trunks came downstairs.

“Hi Pan,” he said when he got to the bottom of the stairs. He walked over to her. She stood up.

“Hi Trunks.” He kissed her on the cheek. She blushed and stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the lips softly. “I’m going shopping with Bra and Marron.”

“Really?” he asked.

“Yeah.” Bra walked into the room.

“You ready to go Pan?” she asked.

“Yeah I guess, what about Marron?”

“She’s going to meet us there. She had to clean her room. Come on let’s go.” She grabbed Pan’s arm and pulled her away from Trunks. Before Bra could get her away, Pan gave Trunks one last kiss.

“Bye Trunks,” Pan said waving.

“Bye,” he said smiling.

* * *

Marron got to the mall. She was suppose to meet Bra and Pan out front. She sat down on one the park benches. She looked around to make sure she hadn’t missed them. She saw a group of kids about her age and an older woman smoking, but didn’t see either of her friends. She sat there. One of the boys from the group came over to her. “You look kinda lonely. Can I join you?” he asked. She looked up at him. He had blue hair and red eyes. Wow, his eyes are gorgeous. She smiled.

“Yeah, sure,” she said scooting over to give him room.

“Hi, my name’s Drake,” he said extending his hand to shake hers. She looked down at it.

“Hi, I’m Marron,” she said shaking his hand. He brought her hand up and kissed it.

“Pleased to meet you.” He smiled. She blushed. Oh my Kami he is so cute. “So what is a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?”

She blushed even redder. “Well, I’m waiting for my friends to show up. Would you care to join us when they get here?”

“Ummm…what are you shopping for?” he asked looking a little nervous.

“Swimsuits.”

“Oh I’d love to,” he said smiling. They both broke out into laughter. “Marron, I know we just met and all, but I was wondering if you would like to do something together later this week.”

“Sure, on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“You come with me to my friends’ pool party later today.”

“Ummm…I don’t know if I should intrude. I mean, I just met you and I don’t know any of your friends,” he said.

“Well, you’ll meet two of them today. And if I like you, which I do, then they will too. And if you like to eat and have fun then you’ll fit in perfectly,” she said thinking of everyone.

“Well if you insist. I could never turn down a pretty face,” he said smiling. The two sat there for a little while waiting for Bra and Pan. After a good amount of time Drake started to slide his hand closer to Marron’s. Marron noticed it and took his hand in hers. They both blushed. They moved a little closer to each other and held hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who is this new guy? Will everyone get along with him? What will become of him if no one likes him? What’s up with his hair and eyes? Will Pan get a swimsuit? What did Goten go get? Do you want me to shut up now? Find out all the answers to these questions (except the last one) in the next edition of The Dragon King.