Only Sixteen


Chapter Four: Meeting the Kids

By: Shari Celestine
A.K.A
Serenity

 

After one night of passion, Pan ends up pregnant. Trunks, the father of the baby, not realizing how much he loves Pan turns her away. Hurt from rejection Pan leaves Japan and Trunks behind. What happens they meet up five years later? Starts out as a T/M but ends up as a T/P.


Pan smiled, as she sat on the green park bench watching the kids play on the swing. Hearing them giggle, she managed to forget for a second, a small, flimsy second, that she had problems and heartaches
Not only was Trunks was back in her life, but he was also here in New York to merge Capsule Corp. with another big company. ~ Why? Did they have to come to the states? Why couldn't they stay in Japan? ~ She sighed.
~ Trunks knows about the twins now is he going to be a father to them, does he even what to? Grandpa would know what to do but...they don't know about any of this. I've been hiding this behind their backs for so long now. ~ Pan's expression changed to one of determination. ~ Why am I hiding this from them I know they love me and I know they'll love the twins too I should tell them and soon but first I want to straighten things out with Trunks. ~

Boxer and Bikini looked across the playground to where their mother sat her head was down slightly and a faraway look was in her eyes tears threatening to fall.
"Boxer, what's wrong with mommy?" Bikini asked, noticing the sad look on her mothers face.
"I don't know, she's been like that all week ever since her dinner with Satomi-Chan's friend."
"I hate it when mommy's sad, let's go cheer her up!" Bikini smiled running up to her mother she jumped into Pan's lap startling her out of her thoughts.
"Mommy, come play with us!"
"Huh? Wha-"
"Mommy, come play with us!" She repeated.
"Oh sweetie I wish I could but I'm too tired maybe later okay?"
"Okay." Bikini said disappointment in her voice.
"How about I buy you an ice-cream instead? Is that okay?" Pan asked spotting an ice-cream truck down the block.
"Yeah! Hey Boxer, mommy's going to buy us ice-cream!"
The look of worry on Boxer's face was quickly replaced with a look of pure bliss, if its one thing that all Saiya-jins love it was food!

From his spot in the car Trunks smiled, these were his kids, his own flesh and blood! He wanted to do nothing more but jump out of the car and embrace them all but he couldn't he knew Pan wouldn't like that, she was still very much upset with him. But if everything went according to plan he would soon change all that.
Turning to the wheel he stared up the car's engine and drove off to work.

"Pan, can I ask you a question?" Satomi asked when she and Pan were out for a walk later on that night. It was still pretty warm out at this time of night, seeing how it was summer and all. The sky was clear, leaving the light of the crescent moon to light up the sky.
"Sure, ask away."
"Now don't get mad at me, okay. Do you love Trunks?"
Pan's body stiffened and she stopped walking; she spun around to glare at Satomi. "Why do you want to know?" She asked her voice harsh.
Satomi winced at the sound of her voice she looked down at her feet, "Sorry I didn't mean to up set you." She looked up suddenly determination in her eyes. "Trunks has a right to see his kids, you know."
"Wha? Are you on his side now? Where the hell did that come from all of a sudden?"
"I'm on no one's side Pan, you're my friend and so is Trunks, I see the look in your eyes every time you look at your kids you see him in them don't you? You love him very much as much as he loves you."
"Trunks doesn't love me Satomi, he's married to Marron remember?"
"She doesn't matter anymore. Trunks already told me he would devoice divorce her if he met his 'dream girl' again. He doesn't love her, he loves you! You're his 'dream girl' Pan."
Pan turned her back on Satomi and was silent for a long time before she replied, "Even if that's true, what am I supposed to do? Just forgive and forget? Run back into his arms and pray he doesn't break my heart again? I don't think I could do that, Satomi. What if the kids get attached to him and he leaves me? It would break their hearts to see their father abandon them again."
"That won't happen Pan, the only way something like that would is if you let it happen. Sometimes you have to take life by the horns, you know. I'm not saying that it's going to be easy, Pan. If I did, then I'd be lying to you! If you really want Trunks to be yours, then you will have to fight for him!"
"Okay...lets just say I do this, how should I make my first move?" Pan turned to look at Satomi, her jaw clenched.
"The kids. I know Trunks want to see them, so set up a date with him to meet the kids. Spend the whole day with him and show him that you haven't given up on him just yet."
The wind blew just then it played with Pan's short hair blowing it in front on her face, she brushed it back in its place behind her ears and smiled softly.
"I guess it is time I take my life by the horns huh? Alright. I'll set up a date for him to meet the kids."
Satomi broke out into a big grin, "That's my girl, go get your man!"
At that statement they both laughed. Satomi walked up to Pan and put her arm around her shoulder. Together, they turned around and walked back to the apartment.

The phone rang Trunks sighed and answered it.
"Hello, Trunks Briefs here, how can I help you?" His voice sounded weary and strained.
"I hope I didn't interrupt you Trunks." A feminine voice asked on the other line.
Trunks sat up at the sound of laughter in his ear. He knew that laugh! How could he not, when he grew up hearing it? "Panny?"
"Yeah it's me, are you busy?"
"For you, no. What can I do for you?"
"I want to talk some more maybe spend the day with you and the kids?"
"The kids, you're bringing them, too?" He sounded extremely happy at that.
"Yes if you don't want me to I could-"
"No, no that's great! When are you free?"
"Umm, how about Saturday at noon?"
Trunks checked his schedule, he had a meeting that day, "Sure that's sounds great. Where do you want to meet?"
He crossed out the meeting and put down his date with Pan and the kids.
"How about the city park?"
"That's fine with me, and Pan thank you for giving me a second chance. You won't regret it - I promise."
Trunks smiled as he looked down at the doodle he made in the box with his date, it was a heart with "T + P 4-ever" in the middle.
"I thought about it and I decide to give you a second chance. If anything, at least you'll get to meet the twins. Oh no I have to go I have to pick the kid up from school."
"Alright so until Saturday?"
"Until Saturday, bye."
"Bye."
CLICK
Trunks quickly call his secretary and canceled his meeting on Saturday Saturday's meeting. Smiling to himself, he thought, Saturday would be a good day.

"Mommy do I have to wear this? It's stupid!" Boxer asked pulling at the outfit in question. It was a pair of kaki pants and a lavender shirt with a hood in the back.
"Yes, it makes you look very handsome."
This only made him frown, Pan laughed at his expression, which only caused the frown to darken.
"I'm sorry sweetie. I didn't mean to laugh at you! I take it back, alright? It's just that today is a special day and I want you to look your best."
"Why is it a special day mommy?" Bikini asked walking out her room. She was dressed in a cute red sleeveless dress and matching red sandals on her feet, her lavender hair was pulled back by a red bow.
"Because today is the day you'll meet your father."
Boxer and Bikini gaped at their mother, "Really mommy, we're meeting daddy?"
"Yes honey you are," She turned to Boxer. "Go put on your black shoes Boxer and meet your sister and me outside." Pan picked up Bikini and walked around the corner and down the staircase.
"Okay mom!"
His expression darkened.
~ Why does dad want to meet us now all of a sudden? Where has he been for the past five years? Well one thing's for sure, when I meet him he'll have a lot of explaining to do! ~
With that Boxer left to find his shoes and meet his mother and sister outside.

Trunks sat patiently on one of the green park benches, dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a white, short sleeved shirt. He looked up as a cab pulled up to the curb the back door opened and a woman with two kids stepped out. The women paid the driver before the cab took off down the road t o look for more passengers. Trunks stared wide-eyed at the woman, she had short ebony hair that fell to her shoulders she was wearing a pink short sleeved blouse with three buttons down the front, the blouse hugged her upper torso ever so nicely, while the white skirt she wore hugged her hips, before flowing down her legs and stopping just above the white slippers on her feet.
~ Panny! ~
Trunks couldn't help but smile at the vision she made just then. He looked to her sides and gaped at the kids at her side. They looked so much like them both, even if the boy's expression reminded him of his father's.
Before he knew it her were standing in front of him, "Hello Trunks."
END OF CHPTER FOUR
That was a good chapter no? I think it was do you know how long it took me to get over the writer's block I had? Thank God that's over, anyway please review and I'll have then next chapter up soon.
Ja ne.