Only Sixteen


Chapter Three: Dinner Date From Hell

By: Shari Celestine
A.K.A
Serenity

After one night of passion, Pan ends up pregnant. Trunks, the father of the baby, not realizing how much he loves Pan turns her away. Hurt from rejection Pan leaves Japan and Trunks behind. What happens they meet up five years later? Starts out as a T/M but ends up as a T/P.

* * * * *


The week flew by faster then Satomi could have imagined. Before she knew it, it was Friday and she was helping Pan make dinner. Satomi washing and cutting up vegetables for the salad while Pan stood with her back to Satomi boiling the rice on the stove. After steering the rice for a few seconds Pan turned to the pot on her left with the main dish, curry, and added water to the pot before the food started to burn and stick to the pot.
"So where are the kids this evening?" Satomi asked, handing Pan the onions.
"I dropped them off at Mai-Chan's they'll be there until tomorrow."
"Oh, so it's just us grownups tonight." Satomi noticed the sadness in Pan's eyes. "You miss them don't you?"
"Yeah, very much, they are my world."
They cooked the rest of the dinner in silence.

Around seven thirty the doorbell rang. Startled the girl stopped what they were doing and looked at the clock on the wall.
"Seven thirty already? My time sure dose fly when you in the kitchen." Satomi said wiping her hands in her apron and tossing it to he side.
"I'll get that Pan, you finish setting the table." Satomi said.
She walked up to the door and opened it, a broad smile on her face.
"Hey Trunks-Kun! You're right on time, we just finished making dinner."
Trunks smiled back at his childhood friend. "Great, I hate it when I'm late."
Satomi opened the door wide enough for Trunks to walk in, then took his coat and hung it up in the closet next to the door.
"Come on my friend is waiting for us in dinning room.

Pan picked up a stack of plates and carried them into the kitchen, she walked backwards into the swinging door that led into the dining room she spun around and smiled when she saw Satomi walk in, but her smile dropped when she saw the person behind her. Pan paled suddenly felling weak as her hands went numb the plates falling to the ground.
At the sound of glass hitting the ground Satomi and Trunks turned to the woman trembling in the door.
"Pan, what's wrong you look like you've seen a ghost." Pan opened and closed her mouth a few times trying to say something but no words came out.
"Panny? Is that you?" Trunks asked shocked.
Pan found her voice and said, "Trunks? Satomi, Trunks was your childhood friend you were telling me about?"
"You two know each other?" Satomi looked between her childhood friend and her girlfriend confusion written all over her face.
"Satomi, Pan is the girl I was telling you about."
"Wait you mean the one that got away?" Something clicked.
"Pan he's not! Oh God tell me he's not!"
"He is Satomi." Pan said sitting down in a nearby chair her knees giving out on her.
"You're the bastard that dumped her! Oh my God that means you're the father of..." Satomi couldn't continue everything seemed to be spinning she had to sit down.
"Wait, Pan you were pregnant when you left Japan?" Trunks questioned.
"No! Yes! ah...I didn't find out until after I moved here, oh God."
"WAIT! Hold it, I'm so confused. Trunks sit down let me get this strait." Trunks took a seat. "You and Pan were an item correct?" Trunks nodded. She turned to Pan, "After he broke up with you, you left Japan heartbroken right?" Pan nodded. "You found out you were pregnant after you moved here and we met right?" She nodded again.
"So that would make Trunks the-"
"The father I know Satomi."
"Why didn't I see this coming? All the clues were right there. God I'm so sorry Pan if I had know I wouldn't had invited him over for dinner."
"Pan you were pregnant? Why didn't you tell me?"
Pan glared at Trunks, "Like it would make a difference Trunks, you made it perfectly clear you didn't want me in your life."
"Bullshit Pan, those were my kids, I had a right to at least know about them!"
"Oh so you suddenly care now? What about five years ago Trunks, when you told me it was all a mistake that that night we spent together was a mistake and you just wanted to forget it ever happened?" Pan's voice cracked with emotion. Seeing Trunks, having this conversion with him it was bring back bad memories.
Satomi turned form her crying friend to Trunks, "Is that true? You said that to her? Trunks how can you be such as ass?!"
"Look it was stupid okay, I regretted saying it immediately after I said it but before I could take it back Pan left my office. I tried calling her but she refused to talk to me, Gohan-San and Goten prevented me from seeing her for weeks. I didn't even know when she left Japan! Bra told me about a week later," Trunks turned to look Pan in her eyes, "I looked all over for you Pan but I couldn't find you, you never called or wrote to any of us."
"I couldn't stand to be near you, I loved you to much all of you and---and I still do. That's why I left, that's why I never wrote."
"Do you know how much it hurt, when you said it was all a mistake? It felt like you were saying I was a mistake, Trunks, I wanted to die! I almost succeeded too," She laughed bitterly "If it wasn't for Goten I would have died. He found me in my bathroom on the floor unconscious laying in a puddle of my own blood. I had slit my wrist." Pan confessed.
"Pan I, I don't know-"
She cut him off, "Don't bother Trunks it's all in the past, after I moved to New York and met with Satomi I was able to bury my past. But I guess I was never able to bury it fully, your proof of that because - because I still love you." She wiped away her tears with the apron she still wore.
"I don't want to talk about it anymore okay? I'm going to re-heat our dinner." Before Trunks or Satomi could protest she stood up and walked out the dinning room into the kitchen.

Dinner that night was a quite one, Pan had managed to pull herself together long enough to last through the dinner date. On the outside she seemed normal but on the inside she was dieing. It hurt like hell to see Trunks again to admit she still had feelings for him, to tell him how she felt after all these years. Why the hell couldn't she get over him?
Even if he did care for her it couldn't work, could it? No he was a married man after all, she remembered the day she heard about it on the news one night, it was all over New York, 'Tokyo's Richest Bachelor Finally Gets Married'. She had broken down crying that night. It took her months to recover from that one. It felt like some one stabbed her in her heart and twisted the blade making the wound even worse.
It was like Trunks was always there, especially after she had the twins, they looked so much like their father especially Bikini with her soft lavender hair and sapphire eyes. Pan wanted to cry every time she looked into her children's eyes, every time she brushed Bikini's hair, every time she told them bedtime stories of her father.

The next morning Satomi sat behind her desk at Jive Records listening to a demo tape that belonged to some group named 'Nsync' when her phone rang.
"Jive Records, this is Satomi speaking how can I help you?" She answered the phone like she always did.
"Satomi-Chan I'm glad I caught you, I need to ask you a favor."
"Trunks, is that you? How did you get this number?"
"I have my ways, but never mind that, I've come to my decision I want you to help me."
"Help you with what?" Satomi asked confused.
"The other day you offered to help me get back with 'the girl that got away'. I took some time to think about it and I want your help."
"You want me to help you get back with Pan? Trunks I don't know if I should, Pan is my best friend and I don't want to see her get hurt again."
"Satomi listen to me, I love Pan, I always have and always will I want to be with her. Now that I've found her again I'm not letting her go ever again, now I can do this with or with out your help, it's up to you."
"Trunks! Fine but only if you promise your not going to hurt her, I don't think she could have her heart broken again."
"Satomi I promise."
"Alright," She sighed. "What do you have in mind?"
"Well first..."
END OF CHAPTER THREE
Author's Note: That was a hard chapter, I really tried to put myself in Pan's shoes there, I tried to put as much emotion in it I as could, and I hope it worked. Anyway tell me what you think. I love you all!