Nothing but Good Times Ahead 

Chapter 9

 

By: Sailor Destiny

Trunks: 28
Pan: 21
Goten: 27
Bra: 22
Marron: 26

Author's Notes: I'm sure you all want to hang me after the chapter eight cliffhanger, but I couldn't help myself! I'm so sorry. Hehehehehe hohohohohohohoh MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own and form of anything created by Akira Toriyama. The only thing I own in this story is Keiko Asashi.
************************************
Goten had been pacing in Bra's living room for over an hour. He was so nervous that he was about to pee on himself. A small elevation change showed where Goten had been nervously pacing.

*What do I say? Where should I take her? Oh no....* Goten still continued to pace. Okay, so slight elevation change was an understatement. If you were lying on your stomach, on the floor, you would see only Goten's hair.

After what seemed like a millennia, he heard the opening of a door. *Bout frickin' time! * He screamed in his thoughts. He took a small leap and landed at the base of the stairs. *Oh my sweet God! *

"Do I look okay?" Bra asked as she did a three sixty. Bra was wearing a short blue-jean skirt and a simply v-neck, but Goten thought she looked absolutely wonderful.

*Where do those legs end? * "You look great Bra."

"Really?" she asked as she descended.

"Really." Goten said when she was at eye level. "So where do you want to go m'fair lady?" Bra didn't answer. She seemed to be in a trance. "Uh...Bra?"

"Oh! Sorry!" she said, snapping out of it. "I was just thinking, the last time you talked to me like that was at my prom."

"I can't help it if I'm a dreamy romantic." Bra blushed as he winked at her. "You pick the place, because as it stands, I have no clue where to take you."

Bra put a hand to her chin, after a few minutes, she smiled as a thought hit her. "Let's go to Burning Stake."

"That new dance club downtown?"

"Yeah. I heard from some of my friends that it was really cool. And I feel like showing you off, because you move like pure liquid." Goten blushed heavily.

"Flattery isn't necessary. But I heard some bad things about that place. Namely bad people. Predominately male. Are you sure that you want to go?"

Bra smiled evilly. "Why not? If any guys pick on me, you can just beat the snot out of them!"

Goten sweat dropped.
********************************************
As always, Trunks's nose awoke before he did. (Sniff sniff) *Bacon...scrambled eggs...on toast...with lettuce and tomatoes...and....sniff...RICE CAKES! * Trunks leaped from the bed, made a mad dash towards the door, hit the wall; sweat dropped, but eventually got the door open and flew towards the kitchen. What sight awaited him made buckets of drool pour from his mouth.

There were three stacks of rice cakes, at least two feet high each. Trunks was just about to devour a stack when he heard an authoritive voice.

"Stop!"

"Aw...what now?!" Keiko walked over to Trunks, and blocked the food from his grasp and sight with her body.

"Spar first, eat later."

"But I'm hungry!" Trunks whined much like Goku.

"No sparring, no eating."

"You drive a hard bargain Keiko." she held up a finger to silence him.

"Clothes in second bathroom drawer."

"What's up with these five word, incomplete sentences? Just say what you're trying to say." Kieko frowned.

"TAKE A BATH!" Trunks jumped at her sudden outburst, but recovered himself and headed towards the bathroom.

*Man! Why does every woman alive have to sound like my mother?! * Trunks pouted as he undressed himself. (An: *Drool...*) Once Trunks was fully unclothed.... *offstage screaming*he stepped into the shower and turned the hot water on, full blast.

*I must admit, taking a hot shower like this feels so good. The feeling I get as the water hits my skin reminds me of Pan...* Trunks stopped rubbing the soap on his chest and looked up into space, not caring in the least that he was getting water in his eyes. *Every time she touched me, it felt like hot drops of water stinging my entire body. *

Trunks painfully recalled the pained look in Pan's eyes when he threw the twenty-dollar bill in her lap. *God! Why did I do that? * Trunks mentally growled as anger grew within him. *More importantly...Why did I let her go?!* Trunks's anger with himself overrode his ability to think, and he punched the wall in frustration.

*Uh-oh...* Seconds later...

"Trunks! What did you do?!" Keiko shrilled.

"I-err-put a minor dent in the wall...*sweat drop*"

"Define 'minor' dent."

"Just like I said, minor." Just then, he heard the sound of the door opening. "Hey! I'm NAKED in here!" (An: Let me in! Let me in DAMMIT! *pound on the door some more*) "Ow!" Trunks yelled as he was hit in the face with a towel.

"Cover yourself up." Keiko ordered.

"Yes master." Trunks lazily wrapped the towel around his waist. "Keiko? This towel is too small."

"Are all the major industries covered?"

"Yes." Trunks answered, flushing.

"Turn off the water." Keiko stepped in just as she heard the shower turn off. She looked at the whole in the wall, the glared at Trunks is succession. "YOU CALL THAT MINOR? I can see the FRONT YARD!" Trunks sweat dropped.

"Sorry." Keiko's glare only got colder.

"If you plan on tearing down my house, I hope you have enough money to buy me a new one!"

Trunks put his hand to his chin in thought. "Okay." he answered.

"What?"

"Weren't you listening when I told you who I was? I'm the president of Capsule Corp. I have a bank balance of about...hm...let's just say...I'm a certified billionaire."

"If you're so rich, why did you choose to stay in a dump like this?"

"I may be rich, but I like the simple life. I don't want to become one of those snot-nosed jackasses that call themselves nobility." Keiko laughed.

"This is weird isn't it?"

"What's weird?"

"Just two days ago, you came falling out of the sky, and now you're living in my house."

"Yeah. Keiko, I think this relationship is moving too fast for me." Trunks joked. Keiko's face darkened and Trunks saw that she found no humor in what he said. "Keiko?"

"I don't know, what it is."

"What 'what' is?"

"The main reason I invited you to stay with me is because when I first saw you, a felt a weird attraction towards you. But it wasn't like most others. It felt like I've known you for a long time."

"Same here, but this isn't the time or 'place' to have this conversation." Keiko took the hint on 'place' and stepped out of the shower.

"I'll be waiting for you in the back yard." she announced as she left.

"No SNEAK attacks!" he called after her. Keiko just laughed with an evil monotone in her voice. Trunks gulped nervously.

He stepped out of the shower and dried his hair. Trunks then walked over to the bathroom drawer and opened it. *What to wear? What to wear?* Trunks came across a navy blue t-shirt and blue jeans.

"This?" he asked himself. *Naw!* his mind answered. Trunks shrugged and threw the outfit over his shoulder. This process was repeated a numerous amount of times until Trunks came across a sky blue sleeveless and black jeans. *Perfect!* He thought to himself.

Trunks put on his outfit and walked into the kitchen, and out the back door. He was immediately greeted by an energy blast.

"WHOA!" he screamed, barely dodging it. "Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH!"

"You're most very welcome." she answered cockily. "Ready?" she asked as she got into a fighting stance.

"Just bring it on." Trunks answered. Keiko crossed her arms in front of her face and grinned at Trunks before she powered up to nearly maximum. Her clothes waved in the winds of her light blue, almost lavender aura. *Oh my god...* Trunks thought. *How in the world did she get that powerful?* without any hint of a warning, Keiko launched herself at Trunks with a series of kicks in high-low successions.

Although Trunks could predict Keiko's attacks, he couldn't block them. *I can't keep this up unless I go super.* Trunks finally caught one of Keiko's high kicks. He kicked her ankles from behind and kicked her in her back before she hit the ground.

Keiko had barely flown five feet in the air before Trunks began to power an energy blast. She was just beginning to regain her composure when he sent the blast up towards her.

Totally ignoring the incoming blast, Keiko charged towards Trunks. At the very last moment, she deflected the blast by outstretching her hand.

"What?!" Trunks yelled. Right before she was about to land a punch on his face, Keiko teleported away. *Where did she go?* Trunks thought. His eyes darted around quickly as he searched for some sign of her, but to no avail. Trunks couldn't even sense her. "Dammit! Where'd she take off to?" he mumbled to himself.

"Try behind you." A voice said. Before Trunks could register anything, she fired an energy blast into his back. Trunks cried in pain as the blast sent him flying a good distance. Eventually, he regained his composure and stopped himself.

"Not bad." he said, breathing heavily.

"You're holding back."

"I have to."

"I don't care. If you don't want to get you butt kicked from here to Nevada, I suggest you power up."

"But I can't! I'll be putting my family's life in danger!"

"How's so?"

"Err...I'm not who you think I am."

"Neither am I, but I'm not holding back. Well...not much anyway." Keiko's face turned serious. "If it's that big of a deal, you can trust me not to tell."

"I'm sor-" Trunks stopped short as Keiko stuck out her two index fingers to her side, and began spinning them in circles. "What are you doing?"

"Power up." she said as two reddish black circles began to form. "Better hurry. O'these rings o'mine will do the talking."

"You wouldn't."

Keiko held one fully formed ring over her head. "Try me."

Trunks sighed in defeat. "All right, all right! But you must swear on you honor as a fighter that you will speak not one word of this!" Keiko simply nodded. "Alright! Here it goes!" Trunks face began to frown up in concentration. It wasn't to long before a spark of lightning crossed his eyes.

Keiko gasped. "No! He couldn't be!" More sparks crossed his eyes at they turned a deep green His hair began to rise in his golden aura and flash on and off, lavender, gold.

*I hope I'm making the right decision.* Trunks thought. His eyes widened as he felt his energy reached its peak. Then a flash of golden light came, blinding both him and his sparring partner.

*There's no way!* Keiko screamed to herself. She slowly opened her eyes once the light behind her eyelids had faded. When she did open them, she saw a frightening, yet wonderful sight.

There stood Trunks, eyes blazing and hair standing on end. His golden aura only added to the spectacular color of his hair. Keiko suddenly smiled, surprising Trunks.

"So that's why!"

"What why?"

"That's why I was so attracted to you! You're a saiyan!" Trunks eyes widened in shock.

"HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THAT?!" he shrilled.

"Just watch." Keiko crossed her arms in front of her head, much like before. And once again, a flash of golden light blinded Trunks. When he did open his eyes, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Keiko?" She had golden hair, standing on end. Just like him. She had deep green eyes. Just like him. She was a saiyan...just like him.

"See? Now do you understand? This is why we were automatically attracted to each other! It's because I'm a...."

"....saiyan..." he finished for her. Keiko raised an eyebrow when Trunks began to sway like he was drunk. Then he began to laugh like a madman.

"Trunks? Are you okay?"

"Hahahahahaha....you're not really a saiyan, are you?"

"Yes, I am." she answered, agitated. "I'd show you the spot where my tail was, but...err...well you know."

"Oh......hahahahahaha....*faint*"
****************Burning Stake****************
"THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" Goten screamed. "I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK!!"

"WHAT?" Bra asked.

"CAN WE GO SOMEWHERE THAT'S QUIET?"

"WHAT?" Goten sweat dropped. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer.

"Can we go somewhere that's quieter?"

"Okay." Bra took his hand and led him upstairs. They were roaming the hallways when Goten said what she was thinking.

"It's quiet..."

"Too quiet..." They said in unison. The couple continued to walk down the hall until they came to a door that read '2nd Floor Kitchen'.

"ALL RIGHT! FOOD!" Goten already had drool hanging off his chin.

"Goten! Calm down! I'm not letting you eat it all!" Bra let go of Goten's hand before she made a mad dash towards the open door. Goten was right behind her. They were neck to neck when they reached the doorway, but stopped dead in their tracks.

"Oh..." Bra began.

"...my..." Goten continued.

"GOD!!" They said in unison. The couple ran out the door, down the hallway, down the stairs, through the crowds, and out the door.

"My god." Bra breathed. "Is there a drop of decency left in humanity?"

"Guess not. I wasn't even that gross."

"Oh...." Bra felt so foolish for even hoping for the chance that Goten was a virgin.

(An: Figure out what they saw yet? If you can't tell, why should I? *evil laugh*)

"Listen Bra, I told you this was a bad place. Can't we just go to a movie?"

*I'm just a damn idiot!* Bra cursed at herself. Out of nowhere, a sudden pool of anger hit her, full force.

"What's the problem? It's not like you haven't done if before! What so wrong with watching?" Bra asked with an extremely jealous tone that she put no effort forth in hiding.

"Bra? What's wrong with you?!"

Bra composed herself quickly. "Oh. I'm sorry. Let's go." Bra turned around and made a dash for the car.

Truth was, the disgusting sight she saw made her angry. Not at those people's inability to practice decency, but at the fact that Goten wasn't pure. He could've done the same thing with Paris. She, on the other hand, felt like a child, due to the fact that she was a virgin.

"Bra?" Goten called from behind her.

"Yes?" She never faced him when she spoke.

"What's with these sudden mood outbursts? Are you PMSing or something?" Goten shut up when a vein popped out of Bra's head.

(An: Goten should be grateful that wasn't me. I'm 100% pure bitch when I'm on my p-days.)

"No I'M NOT!"

"Then why do you keep exploding like this?" he growled.

"I DON'T KNOW!"

"Yes you do."

"I guess...I feel like a child next to you."

"Why?"

Bra flushed the deepest red known to mankind. "I'm...I'm...I'm...a virgin." Goten nearly had a nosebleed.

"So?" he managed to get out.

"I don't know. It just made me mad at the possibility that you had done the same thing with...other women."

"ON A COUNTER?!"

"No! Period." Goten took steps towards Bra under he was right behind her. He put his hands on her shoulders before he spoke.

"Bra. There's something I need to tell you."

"What?" Bra got immediately worried when she heard Goten's sad tone.

"Your mother told me everything."

"What exactly does everything mean?"

"She told me that..." Goten took a deep breath,"...that you were in love with me." Bra whipped around to face Goten.

"She did what?" she hissed.

"I'm thinking that's why these little things matter to you so much. I know how you feel about me and it's okay."

"Why don't you just say, 'I don't feel the same way for you. You're just a kid!'?

"Bra...I would never say something like that!"

"Sure you would! I bet the only reason you asked me out is because of my mother!" Bra accused him. She silently prayed that her accusation wasn't true.

".............."

Bra's eyes began to water up. "So it's true. You only took me out as a favor. I really don't mean anything to you."

"Bra..."

"Don't...say...anything." she hissed with venom dripping on each word. "Just stay away from me Goten. You've done enough damage as it is." He didn't even get a chance to respond before Bra took out into the sky.

*Damnmit!* He inwardly cursed. "Don't you understand Bra? I do love you. I'm just to much of a coward to admit it."
*************************Flashback************************
"TRUNKS! YOU GIVE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!" Goten was chasing Trunks around Capsule Corp. at top speed, but he could seem to catch the cocky saiyan prince.

"Oh no no noooo!! This seems very interesting! 'Dear Journal, yesterday was my 25th birthday, and what a birthday it was...'"

"TRUNKS!" Goten attempted to jump over the couch to catch him, but the only thing he caught was a mouthful of carpet.

"For a while, I've been getting strange feelings in my chest every time I look at this beautiful girl..."

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Scream, jump, and eat the carpet.

"You're too slow buddy! Now...where were we. Ah yes! 'The only problem is...she's six years younger than me. When she gave me a tiger's eye necklace for my birthday, I finally realized that I loved her.'"

"Trunks! Please stop!" Goten pleaded.

"Nah! It's just getting interesting!"

"But it's none of your business!"

"Get serious Goten. After knowing me for this long, you should know that everything is my business."

"Trunks..." he growled warningly. Goten jumped to his feet and began to chase Trunks again. Trunks simply took off and read as he ran.

"I don't know how I could've missed her before. She's been there forever, but I was so blind. I'll never take that necklace off again. I love it as much as I love her..." Trunks slowed down in shock as he read some more. "I know I'm going out with Paris, but I just don't feel the electricity anymore. She wants to take our relationship to the next level, but I'm not ready. I'll never be ready...because I love someone else. I love..." Trunks stopped running completely when he read the last two words. "...Bra Briefs..." Trunks turned around to see Goten on his knees, head down, and his hands gripping the carpet.

"I'm...sorry Goten."

"You must never tell her." he said in a deep voice.

"Hey man....never. Best friends never rat on each other." Trunks walked over to Goten, kneeled down, and put his hand on his shoulder. "But promise me one thing..."

"What?"

"Promise me you won't ever break her heart." Goten lifted his head and smiled at little.

"I promise."

"Or I'll kill you." Trunks finished.

"I'd like to see you try!" Goten answered cockily.

"Oh yeah?!"

"YEAH!"
********************************************************
Goten reached in his shirt and pulled out the necklace that he had vowed to never take off. He had kept to his word. You could even see the imprint of the necklace on the base of his throat.

"I'm sorry....that I broke my promise Trunks." Goten looked to the sky. *Where are you anyway Trunks?* Goten shook off his thoughts and focused on the matter at hand. *Only one decision I can make I guess.* Goten powered up to super and took off after Bra.
******************Outside the Brief Residence*****************
"Vegeta! Hurry up with that luggage! I swear! You claim to be the strongest man in the universe, and yet, you can't carry a little luggage."

"You call this LITTLE woman?! I can't even see where I'm going!"

"Probably because you're so short." she mumbled.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Vegeta began to sway with the luggage as his temper flared.

"Now now. I'll make you a deal. If you can manage to get that luggage in undamaged, I won't make you sleep in the gravity room. How's that rub you?"

Vegeta smirked. "It rubs me fine, thanks."

(An: Vegeta you pervert!) Bulma smiled and walked up the walkway. Vegeta had dropped a few bags, but he managed to get them before they hit the ground. Bulma laughed at her husband before she unlocked their door. What she was greeted by almost caused her to scream.

Bulma was greeted by the most pissed off 22 year old she had seen. "Bra?"

"Why did you do that? Why did you stick your nose in my personal life? More importantly, why did you tell Goten how I felt about him?! How did you even find out? And WHY did you ask him to take your poor, pathetic, single daughter on a date?!"

Bulma was speechless. She was always good at putting people on the spot, but when Bulma was put on the spot, a brain fart always hit her. "I'm sorry honey..."

"Yeah right! Just stay out of my life!" Bra ran upstairs and to her room, and then Vegeta exploded.

"What did you do that for woman?!"

"I was only trying to help!"

"Tsch. You should know by now that any relative of Kakorott is not good enough for my daughter." Vegeta put the luggage on the couch and went upstairs.

*I can't believe I'm about to do this.* he growled to himself. He reached his daughter's room and knocked on the door. Normally, he would've barged in, but he was trying to be sensitive for once.

"Go away." she hissed.

"Is that any way to talk to your father?"

"Tsch." Vegeta smirked. *A true saiyan indeed.* He turned the knob and walked in. Vegeta walked around her bed and sat beside her.

"Are you in love with Kakorott's grandson?" Bra hesitated for a moment, but her father's voice left no room for argument.

"Sadly yes." Vegeta heard her sniff and looked through her hair to find tears.

"Why are you crying girl?"

"Because...I have no chance with him. I thought...I thought..." Bra broke off, unable to continue.

Vegeta growled to himself. *All right. It's not that hard...just DO IT!* Vegeta slowly reached over and pulled Bra into a hug and lightly stroked her hair. Bra immediately stiffened.

"Daddy?"

"If it is meant to be, it will be." he simply said before he left. Bra simply sat, shocked in her spot on her bed. Her father had left already, but his eerie presence was still there.

*Did my father actually hug me? No, I must've been dreaming.* Bra's thoughts were interrupted by a strong ki that was approaching her house rapidly. She closed her eyes in concentration in order to find out who it was.

*Hmm....that ki is...* Her eyes flew open in panic when she identified the ki. "Goten!" Bra lowered her energy as low as possible and quietly flew out the window of her room, just as she heard the door open and Bulma sadly greet Goten.

Bra flew around the house and listened intently to the conversation Goten and her mother were having.

"I was just trying to help her."

"I know, but maybe we should've let her go her own way."

"Perhaps. But I don't think that you regret my decision." Goten looked shocked.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do. Goten, look at me." Goten locked his eyes with Bulma's and prepared himself to answer the question he already knew she was going to ask. "I'll ask you one more time...do you love my daughter?" Goten eyes left hers and he vigorously shook his head 'no.' that was the last straw for Bra, still hiding her ki, she left the window.

*I just can't stay here anymore. I just can't.* Hot tears streamed down Bra's cheeks as she flew off into the dark horizon. But there is one thing Bra did not hear, nor recognize.

When Goten shook his head, he was simply trying to shake off the urge to tell Bulma 'no'. Bra did not even stay long enough to hear him say 'yes'.
************End Chapter Nine********************
Author's Notes: Do not worry my darlings, Bra isn't going to find a male Keiko and disappear from the face of this Earth like Trunks did. Hopefully, I'll be able to patch things up in chapter 10. Just be patient with me. My goal is to make every chapter starting with 7, bigger than the previous one. I hope you enjoyed reading this. YES! THIS IS STILL A T+P FIC! I will patch things up in 11 and/or 12. I promise. (Scout's honor! J/K)

~All my love
-Sailor Destiny