Nothing but Good Times Ahead 

Chapter 7

 

By: Sailor Destiny

Trunks: 28
Pan: 21
Goten: 27
Bra: 22
Marron: 26

Author's Notes: New character now! Hello Keiko Asashi! This chapter is generally half and half. Trunks+Keiko&Goten+Bra. Sorry Pan fans, there is no Pan in this chapter.

Disclaimer: In the left hand corner of this screen, there should be a back arrow. Click on it now if you wish to see a disclaimer; -p

*****************Still in the Woods***********************
*Pant, pant* "Good grief boy! You're heavy! How is it you look so thin, but you feel like an elephant?"

"I work out a lot."

"I've noticed. If I punched you in the gut, I'd probably break my hand." Trunks blushed.

"Probably." Keiko glared at Trunks for the first time. But the twinkle in her jade eyes told him that he had nothing to worry about. Trunks had only known her for one hour, but she wasn't too hard to figure out.

"You are so self-centered!" Keiko accused him.

"Not really. Hey, is that your car ahead?"

"Yeah. It's about time! I think my arm is about to all off. Ungh!" Keiko grunted as Trunks began to grow limp. "Trunks?! What wrong?!" she shrilled.

"Nothing. I'm just tired." he said as his eyes began to droop.

"Oh God. Trunks! Stay awake!" Keiko checked his pupils. They were extremely small. "Trunks! If you fall asleep, I guarantee you will never wake up!! TRUNKS!!!!"

"WHAT?! Would you stop screaming at me?!"

"NO! Stay awake. Please."

"Alright." Without even noticing, Trunks and Keiko made it to her pink Mustang. "Pink?" Trunks asked.

"Yeah. You got a problem with that?" Trunks shook his head no. "Come on. In the front seat." Keiko hefted Trunks into the passenger's side and crawled over him to the wheel. Even though he was half asleep, Trunks could feel her body sliding against his own. His blushing muscles got another workout. Keiko started up the car and sped down the deserted street.

"Thank-you."

"No thank-you. It doesn't normally rain cute guys. I guess I just got lucky. I hope after you get better, we can get to know each other. Hey, why not now? Where do you live?"

"It doesn't matter. I'm not going back."

"Oh, so you're a runaway. But if you're a runaway, how come you fell out of the sky?" Trunks could find no explanation but the truth.

"I can fly." Keiko slammed on the brakes.

"WHAT?!" she asked, wide-eyed. "Humans can't fly. You need an airplane!"

"Long story. If you get me to the hospital so I can get this concussion taken care of, I might be able to explain it to you, without my head feeling like it's going to split in two."

"Sorry." Keiko pressed on the acceleration pedal again. "Why'd you leave?"

"That's quite a personal question."

"But it wasn't a rhetorical one." Trunks smiled at this girl's cockiness.

"To make a long story short, there was this girl named Pan that's I'd been in love with for three years. We both got drunk, and slept together. She accused me of using her as my one night whore. I can't believe that she'd think I'd be that heartless. That really put a scar in my heart, so I left. Then I fired and energy blast that was too strong for my body to handle, and I fell."

"I understand the energy blast thing. I can fire a couple."

"You can?"

"Yeah. I was watching the Cell Games with my mom, and I saw this golden fighter fire a blast called Kamehameha. So I taught myself how to do it. It didn't take long since I've been doing martial arts my entire life. But I still don't understand how you can fly, but I can't."

"Wait. Back up. You saw the Cell Games?" Trunks heart sunk a bit. If Keiko had seen the Cell Games, then she was at least six years older than him.

"Yeah. It was a tape though."

"Oh." *YAY! * Trunks thought. "So, how old are you?"

"26." She answered. *WAHOO!" Trunks thought again. "And you?"

"28."

"Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh?"

"I weigh about 250."

"No wonder I couldn't carry you. I don't know what the deal is, but I can lift weights that weight more than you do. Maybe it's because I wasn't powered up at all."

"Who trained you?" Trunks asked.

"I did."

"So you're telling me you can fire energy blasts, and power up, but you can't fly?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying." Trunks started to snicker. He tried to hold it back, but he burst into full-blown laughter. "If you don't want to walk, shut up." Trunks stifled his laughs. Suddenly, Keiko slammed on the brakes again. Only then did Trunks realize that they had reached the city. The neighborhood they were in looked dumpy, and uninviting.

Trunks looked forward to find two of the ugliest men he had ever seen in his life, standing in front of the car. One had dirty blonde hair, while the other had stringy black.

"Hey baby! Why don't you leave this loser and take a stroll with us two?" The literally 'dirty' blonde said.

"Probably because you two are the ugliest living beings I have ever seen. Now I suggest you move from in front of my care, before I 'remove' you." Trunks saw Keiko's arm muscle's flex with anger.

*Whoa she's built! * Trunks thought.

"Who chicki baby got an attitude." The string head said. "I like that in a woman."

"Come on. I know you want some of this." The blonde then made certain unmentionable motions.

"You know Keiko," Trunks whispered. "If my head wasn't killing me, I'd beat the stuffing out of those two."

"Guess I'll have to do it for you." Keiko opened the car door and got out. She leaned seductively against the car door." Come on boys." Keiko licked her lips. "I'm ready for you." The two approached with drool practically hanging from their chins. Right as they reached out for Keiko, she did a double uppercut, sending them into nearby trees." Keiko got back in, and drove off.

"That was amazing."

"Naw. I coulda killed em if I wanted to. I was just dyin' to use a new blast that I invented. It's called 'Wheels of Fate' and I could only use it in emergencies."

"How does it work?"

"Well, not only am I a martial artist, but I also a witcha. Basically, the 'Wheels' capture the enemy, and eventually bring them to their fate. Which is death. It really doesn't matter how strong that person is, death is something you can't fight."

"Whoa. Remind me to never piss you off." Keiko smiled at Trunks and then she laughed. The rest of the drive to the hospital was silent. Occasionally, Keiko would make sure Trunks was awake. But he always was, because he was scared of never seeing Keiko again.

*Am I in love with her? No. I haven't even known her for half a day. But she's gives me a stronger feeling than Pan did. * Trunks was still lost in thought when he heard his car door open.

"Come on. Out cha go." Trunks wrapped his arm around Keiko shoulders and hefted himself out of the car with his good leg.

"Thank you Keiko. I really don't know how to repay you."

"Teaching me how to fly would be as good a thanks as ever." she said as they walked through the entrance. Within seconds, paramedics swarmed the couple.

"What's wrong with him?" A dark-haired man asked.

"He must've tripped in the woods and hit his head very hard. He has a concussion."

"What's his name?"

"Trunks Asashi. He's my big brother." In a flash, the paramedics had Trunks's on a stretcher an rolling through the halls. Trunks sat up and looked at Keiko grower smaller and smaller, until he could see her no more.

*She even lied to protect my privacy.... * Trunks was once again lost in thought. He didn't even realize that the doctors had put a gas tube over his face until he fell asleep.
*****************************************
"Goten. I'm really worried about Trunks. He's been gone for hours!" Bra cried.

"Wouldn't you leave if you were in the same situation he was in?" Goten asked as got off the loveseat and leaned against the doorway of the family room.

"But I'd never get myself into a position like that." Bra got off of the loveseat and followed Goten.

"Never say never Bra-chan. You never know what trick Fate might decide to play on you next. I for one never expected something like this."

"Neither did I. But it could be worse."

"How?!"

"Pan could get pregnant. But it'll be awhile before we can confirm that."

"I doubt it." Goten said.

"What are you talking about?" Bra asked, confused.

"You mean, Vegeta didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Pure saiyan children are born two months after they are conceived."

"Yeah, so? If Pan had a kid, it wouldn't be pure saiyan."

"It would be damn close though. If Pan is pregnant, we'll know by tomorrow morning."

"What? That's impossible!"

"Anything is possible Bra-chan. Anything."

"I hope that everything will turn out all right."

"But there is one thing that I'm still angry about."

"What's that?"

"I'm not too happy about you calling my niece a slut."

"I'm sorry. I over-reacted."

"Damn right you did! But don't apologize to me, apologize to your 'best friend'." Goten's voice had taken on an unusual tone.

"What's 'best friend' supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing. I just don't remember best friends calling each other sluts."

"It's none of your business Goten!" Bra shrilled.

"The hell it isn't! Pan's my niece! Family comes before friends! Pan is more important to me now than you ever have or will be!" Goten immediately stopped yelling when he saw Bra tear up. He begged Dende for her not to cry, because it would break his heart.

"I said I was sorry. There is not much more I can do. I had every intention of apologizing to Pan. She is my best friend, and she's my sister. Obviously, I'm not family to you."

"Bra..."

"Just leave Goten. Leave before you break my heart again."

"Again?"

"GET OUT!" Bra screamed. Bra ran crying as Goten grabbed his coat. Goten bent down to put on his boots, and when he looked up, Bulma staring dead at him.

"Bulma? I thought you were at the conference in America."

"I was." she answered. "But I took an emergency flight home when Vegeta said something was wrong with Trunks. I'm going back tomorrow." Bulma sat down on the couch in the family room and patted the seat next to her. Goten sat next to Bulma and put his head in his hands. "I can't wait to be your mother-in-law." Goten's head shot up.

"WHAT?!" he said, flabbergastered.

"I'm telling you Goten, there's something magical in the air between you and Bra. Maybe you two are destined for each other. You never know."

"I think you're losing your mind Bulma. In the past, I've had a little crush on Bra, but nothing as serious as you make it sound." Goten wasn't willing to admit that he had more than a crush on Bra, or that he lov-liked her for three years now.

"Perhaps. You'll never know who's right for you if you don't pursue different people." Goten stared wide-eyed at Bulma with his mouth open.

"Are you giving me permission to take your daughter on a date?!"

"That's exactly what I'm doing." Bulma said, grinning evilly. "And if you don't ask her out, I'll never cook you Miso soup again."

"That was a low blow Bulma." Bulma simply grinned again.
************************************************
Bra was sitting curled up on the couch in front of the fireplace when Goten walked in. The light from the flame flickered on and off of her pale skin. Goten thought she looked breath taking.

"I thought I told you to leave." she said.

"You did. But I'm not going to."

"Why not? It's obvious now that I mean nothing to you."

"I never said that."

"Yes, you did."

"Did not."

"Did to."

"Did not!"

"Get out."

"No." Goten sat down next to her. "I not going anywhere." Bra became silent. "Would you at least looked at me?"

"No." She hastily answered. Goten pulled Bra's chin so she could clearly see his face, all while ignoring her protests.

"I'm really sorry Bra. You do mean something to me, but I'm more concerned about my niece right now. But I want to make it up to you."

"How?" she asked.

"How about dinner and a movie?" Bra's eyes got wide in the firelight.

"Are you asking me on a date Goten?" she asked, disbelievingly.

"Yes." he answered, flushing brick red. Bra was silent for a minute or so before she answered.

"Fine." Goten let out a breath he hadn't known he was holding.

"Seven o'clock tomorrow okay?"
*************End Chapter Seven*************
Author's Notes: Goten and Bra's hardships are yet to come.... how is our friend Trunks doing with Ms.Keiko, who after half a day, he thinks he's in love with? Find out in Chapter Eight! Later!

~Sailor Destiny