Nothing but Good Times Ahead 

Chapter 2

 

By: Sailor Destiny

Trunks: 28
Pan: 21
Goten: 27
Bra: 22
Marron: 26

Author's Notes: You know, I really haven't decided where this story should go so; don't be surprised if the summary changes. *hehe*



Disclaimer: Remember the Trunks, boxers, and hot tub bit? Well go read it again if you can't fully understand that I DON'T own Dragonball GT or Dragonball AF.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trunks woke up to a sunny morning, and he was feeling great. He sat up in his bed and stretched lazily. He was just about to take a shower when his nose woke up. *Cheese omelets, blueberry pancakes, and cafe mocha? * He flew out of bed without second thought and into the kitchen. His hands were about to grab the rich in flavor pancakes when his ears caught his mom sniffing the air. He looked up to see her frowning at him. His mom walked over to his side, with her nose wrinkled, and hit him with ALL her might with a spatula.

"OW MOM! What the heck was that for?"

"You should know with your super senses and all!! For Pete's sake Trunks, TAKE A BATH!" He blushed slightly.

"Oh sorry mom...I forgot..."

"Just like Vegeta...always thinking with your-..." Just then, a blur was seen as a certain saiyan prince flew to the table. He too was about to devour the feast before him when his nose wrinkled up.

"JESUS!! What the HELL is that stench?" He looked at Trunks, fury written all over his face. "Brat, if you don't get you ass in a tub pronto, I'm gonna blast you to the next dimension!!!" Without protest, Trunks flew upstairs to the bathroom. He may have been born, but it wasn't this morning. He knew that his father NEVER made empty threats so he chose to listen. After all, Vegeta could beat the crap out of him any time he wished to. He undressed quickly and stepped in the shower. Trunks washed himself quickly because he wanted to get some food before his father ate it all. What would've seemed like a lavender blur to the human eyes, flashed from the bathroom, to Trunks's bedroom, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. When he got there, only a frown of disappointment crossed his face. Vegeta was sitting at the now clear table, patting his belly that was full of HIS food.

"Dad!! Why did you eat it ALL?!" Vegeta just smirked and walked into the living room to watch TV. From there he yelled,

"Some of us smell like a pig, and others eat like one." Trunks was so blinded by fury that he barely heard Bulma calling him. His father's laughing only made him angrier.

"Trunks? Trunks? TRUNKS?!!!" he finally snapped out of it.

"Huh? What is it mom?" She sighed and shook her head.

"I'm making more food for you. Okay?" Trunks walked over and kissed his mother on the cheek.

"Thanks mom." But Trunks was still angry. He wanted his food NOW.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Pan too woke up to a sunny morning. She yawned and went to take a long shower. After water had nearly pruned her skin, she went downstairs to eat breakfast. Her father and mother were sitting at the table, eating when she came down. Videl saw her first and she gave her a smile.

"Hi sweetie." she came over a kissed Pan on the top of her head. "Didn't see you at dinner last night." Pan just shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess I just wasn't hungry..." She looked at her mother and knew instantly that she was worried. "Don't worry Mom! There's nothing wrong!"

"Humph." Gohan mumbled so quietly that she barely heard him. Pan eyed him suspiciously. *Does he know something? *

"You know," Pan grabbed her coat off the downstairs coat rack, " I'm not very hungry right now. I gotta get to Capsule Corp. anyway. I'm late..." Pan walked in an almost run out the door to Capsule Corp. When she was out of sight, Videl eyed her husband carefully.

"What do you know that I don't?" she demanded. *For once, I'm not going to give in.* Gohan thought.

"Nothing dear..."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thoughts were running through her mind as she flew closer to pain, and farther away from her father. *He knows something...* Pan decided to push the thought out of her head for the time being when she arrived at Capsule Corp. When she swung open the office door, she almost died at what she saw.

Marron was sitting on the edge of the desk, while Trunks held her hips, and they were so deep in the kiss that they didn't even notice Pan walk in. Pan could've sworn that another knife had made a permanent scar on her heart, and in her memory.

*cough*cough* The couple pulled away guiltily.

"Oh Pan! Hi!" Trunks greeted, blushing heavily. Behind him, Pan saw Marron wiping her mouth. *That should be me! * She angrily thought. She focused her attention back to Trunks, and put on a fake smile.

"I was going to come in to see if you still needed me to cover for you. But it seems that you are feeling better." Her eyes never left Marron's when she spoke.

"Hehehe..." Trunks laughed nervously. "I was feeling better this morning so I'm gonna work today." he said scratching the back of his head. "Sorry...we don't need you here today." Pan's face paled a bit.

"Right..." she sadly replied, "...you don't need me here." She turned her back on Trunks and Marron. *What's wrong with her? * Trunks worriedly thought.

"Pan? Are you okay?" He had heard a sniff. *Is she crying? *

"I'm fine, excuse me." and she ran from the room towards the elevator. After a long silence between the two, Marron said something.

"I get the distinct feeling that she doesn't like me..."

"What are you talking about?"

"I know we've known each other for years, but I don't think she's ever liked me..." Marron didn't like Pan at all but she decided to play sweet. She knew exactly what was wrong with Pan, but Trunks was HERS.

"That's crazy Marron. Pan likes y-" he stopped short as he felt a small blast of energy. He looked out the window and saw Pan flying away.

"Wait here..." Trunks pushed a button by the desk and the window opened. Then, with a small power-up of his own, Trunks took off after Pan.

*He's mine Pan! Stay away from him!!! *
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tears were clouding her vision so much that she didn't even bother to look where she was flying. She was just pondering a destination when she felt Trunks behind her.

"Go away baka!!"

"Not until you tell me what's wrong!!!" Pan just cried harder and flew faster. *I can't keep up at the rate she's going unless I go SSJ...* Pan felt Trunks go super, and before she had a chance to do so herself so she could get away from him, he grabbed her from behind.

"Let me GO!!!" she said, struggling.

"Not just yet..." Trunks forced her to turn around. What he saw made him suck in a painful breath. He normally bright raven eyes were dull, almost lifeless. And here face showed evidence of pain and crying.

"Oh my god Pan...What wrong?"

"Nothing Baka!" she was still fighting to get loose.

"That's not what it looks like to me..."

"I said, let me GO!!!" Pan powered up an energy blast and hit Trunks in the stomach. It wasn't enough to hurt him but it was enough to make him let her go. She soared into SSJ and flew towards her house at top speed.

"PAN!!" he screamed. Trunks was about to go after her when he remembered who her father was.

*Damn...Gohan would kill me if he saw me chasing Pan.... let alone her crying...* Trunks reluctantly turned around, dropping out of super saiyan, and headed back for Capsule Corp.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*I HATE HIM!!! * Pan was shouting in her thoughts so loudly that she thought anyone could've heard her. She just wanted to go home, and wallow in her room. Pan knew that her dad had felt his or her energy and that he would be asking questions, but she didn't want to talk to anyone.

Minutes later, Pan landed on her doorstep and opened the door.

"Pan!! What happened?" It was Gohan. His face was full of worry and fury.

"I DON'T want to talk about it dad!" and she dropped out of SSJ, and stormed upstairs to her room. Goten had been sitting in the living room with Gohan. He had come over when he felt Pan's energy rise. *What's wrong Pan? * Goten thought. He heard his brother let out a sigh.

"You know what's wrong with her, don't you?" Gohan faced Goten, and with a solemn face, he replied,

"Yes, but it's not my place to discuss..." Goten looked confused. *What the heck is this moron talking about? * Goten just wanted to make Pan feel better.

"I'll take care of it, big bro...," he said, standing up.

"No!!" Gohan almost shouted, shocking Goten. He jumped slightly and stared at his brother like he was crazy. "Let her handle it herself!"

"I won't interfere with her personal life, but I just want to talk to her."

"Okay..."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*It's not fair!!* Pan thought, as she cried all the pain she had endured over the past 13 years. She was just about to stop crying when she looked at her dresser. All of her favorite pictures were on it. Almost all of the photos had Trunks in it. *I'm over him....I HATE HIM!!* she thought. But she was only trying to fool herself. *I'm going to rid myself of him...starting with these photos...*

Pan went to her dresser and lit a small torch. She let the flame graze the corners of each picture until they were entirely engulfed by the flame from the torch, and Pan's heart. Each picture turned into a pile of smoldering ash that hissed like a cat when it fell on the floor. Pan had come to the last picture, and she hesitated. It was her favorite one.

It was a picture of Goten, Trunks, Bra, and herself on a sort of 'Z Fighter Reunion', which led to Vegeta and Goku duking it out, and half the park being destroyed. And of course....Goku won. Trunks had his arm around Pan and Goten had his around her best friend Bra. There was tons of debris falling behind them, but they refused to leave without a worthwhile picture.

*I felt so warm and calm then...* She then saw Marron and Trunks

"That's my favorite picture you know...Probably the closest I'll ever get to Bra..." It was her uncle Goten.

"HUH?!!"

"Nothing!!" Goten said, blushing. "Anyway, I really love that picture..."

"I don't care! I HATE IT!!" Goten turned his niece around and hugged her.

"It will be alright Pan....whatever it is, I'm sure we can fix it." He spoke with his face in her hair, only making him sound even more sincere. Pan couldn't hold the pool in her eyes back any longer, and she broke down and sobbed on Goten's shoulder.

"It's okay Pan......" he said rubbing her back gently.

"Why does it have to be so hard..." She felt Goten's face crumple up in confusion. He pulled her back so he could look at her.

"What has to be so hard?"

"Er-stale potato chips?"

"You are as bad a liar as Yamcha was at keeping Bulma, Pan-chan. You can't do it at all."

"................" A large sweatdrop appeared on the side of Pan's head.

"Does it have to do with whatever happened earlier?" Pan was silent before nodding a yes.

"I just....don't think I can keep enduring all of this....." Pan noticed that her uncle's face looked just like her Grandpa Goku's, completely clueless, and slightly dumb. She chuckled to herself, knowing that he had no idea what she was talking about.

"Well, can you tell me what happened?" Pan remained silent. Goten sighed.

*Somebody's about to get hurt if my niece is.....*Goten thought.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Trunks still was pacing back and forth in the same spot he had been half and hour ago.

*Should I go see Pan? Or not? Should I go see Pan? Or not?* But every time he decided he was going to go, he saw Gohan powering up into SSJ4 and he had to start thinking all over again. Finally, Trunks decided to try and see past the fact that he was most likely going to get his ass kicked, and he took of towards the Son house. *I just want to see Pan...* Just then, he saw Gohan powering up a Kamehameha in SSJ4. Trunks was about to flip in mid-air and go back home, when he realized that it was too late. He had no idea when he got there but, he was standing on the doorstep of the Son house. *Here goes nothing...* And his shaking hand came down on the door. Lucky for him, Videl answered. She looked at who it was for a second, and replied,

"Gohan is in the kitchen." Trunks gulped heavily and followed Videl inside. He walked into the kitchen, and nervously took a seat across from Gohan. They sat there in silence for a few minutes. *I wish Gohan would say 'something'!! At least so I won't feel so dumb...* It was quiet for a while longer before Trunks heard Gohan speak. He asked a simple, but hard to answer question.

"What did you do to her?" Trunks gulped.

"I'm not sure Gohan." He felt extremely nervous because if he didn't answer right, Gohan was sure to seriously injure him.

"Tell me what happened." he said softly but firmly. Trunks re-explained everything that had happened since Pan had walked in on Trunks and Marron swapping more that just emotions. He had finished, and Gohan was quiet again.

*Would you say something?!* Trunks thought.

"So you have NO clue what is going on here?" Gohan asked, with a playful air around his voice.

"No..." Trunks felt annoyed that Gohan was having such a good time. He was about to ask if he could see her when Gohan busted into a loud and intense laughter.

"How could you NOT know?!" he said in-between laughs. Trunks's ki was slowly, but steadily rising. Gohan made know effort to worry. He could beat Trunks up faster than Vegeta could talk smack about him being a Saiyan prince an' all. Trunks growled low in his throat before standing up and slamming his fists on the table and yelling,

"Just what the HELL is so funny?!" Gohan shot him a death glare.

"Two questions. One: Did you just curse at me? And two: Did you just hit my table?" Trunks let out a whimper of fear, and quickly sat back down. Another silence stretched between them until Trunks broke it.

"Can I see her?" he asked quietly. Gohan closed his eyes.

"Go ahead...maybe you'll understand soon enough..." Trunks nodded and went towards the staircase.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Upstairs, Pan had felt Trunks's ki in her house and her uncle was comforting her. She nearly had a heart attack when she felt him come towards the stairs.

"Oh my god!! What are we going to do? Uncle Goten? Hey!!" She turned around just in time to see her uncle Goten retreat from the room. Pan scowled.

"TRAITOR!!!" she yelled. From the comfort and safety of Gohan's room, Goten laughed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It seemed like an eternity to Trunks when he was heading towards Pan's room. *What am I going to say to her?* When he finally got to the top, he saw Goten retreating from the room and Pan yelling 'traitor' at him. Trunks let a small chuckle graze his lips. He entered Pan's doorway to find her pacing. She looked up at him with a frightened look on her face.

"Wanna tell me what happened earlier?"

"No." she said quickly. Trunks walked over to her and looked her straight in the eye.

"What's wrong Panny? Why were you acting so strange?"

I...it's ju....just boy things. I've had a lot on my mind lately..." Trunks let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you going to be okay though? I thought that I might've hurt you somehow..."

"No...it's not you..." she lied. But Trunks knew that was most untrue. He had seen the small piles of ash, and the absence of what pictures that she always kept on her dresser. All of which had Trunks in them. Then he saw the torch.

"Um....what happened to your pictures?" A large sweatdrop appeared on the side of both their heads.

"............."

"Never mind." he shook his head. "If something is bothering you Pan," he lifted her chin to meet his eyes, "will you please tell me so I can at least try to help?"

"Sure...sorry about the scene I made earlier."

"It's okay." an uncomfortable silence echoed through the room. "Do you like Marron?" he asked suddenly. Pan was dying to say that she wanted the bitch dead, but she decided not to.

"Why?"

"I don't know. It's just that we've been dating for almost four months now, and I want to make sure that your okay with her."

"Why should it matter to you?"

"I don't know. I'm just curious." *WHY do I care?* he thought, confused.

"Sure, Maroon is cool."

"It's M-a-r-r-o-n- not maroon." Pan put on a sheepish grin.

"Sorry..."

"So can we act like this never happened? I really don't know what to make of it..."

"It's NOT YOU BAKA!!!" she said slapping him on his arm.

"Okay! Okay! Sorry..." Trunks finally believed that he wasn't what was bothering her, and he felt so relieved. "So do you wanna go out and do something?" he said, rubbing his injured arm.

"Sure...go ahead...I'll catch up. I just gotta change." He nodded and walked out of the room.

*I should've told him that he WAS my boy problem. Well it doesn't matter. I'm moving on...*

"Nothing but good times ahead...." she said to herself.
****************End Chapter Two***************
Author's Notes: Okay, we're moving along slowly here...I'm getting to the main problem!!! What could it be? How about an unexpected pregnancy? No!! I'm not about to do something that crazy!! *I'm not a good liar am I?* Ja ne!!!! ~Sailor Destiny