Meant For Each Other

Chapter 2


Disclaimer: Dragonball Z was created by Akira Toriyama. Akira Toriyama made all Characters in this story. (c) Akira Toriyama, Bird Studio, Toei Animation. Used without permission, please don't sue me; all you'll get is... nothing! :P

*.....* = thoughts
"....." = speaking

Hey, my little love fiends.. hah, here's chapuhter 2, foul language. blah blah and by the way, just incase any of you were wondering when and how Vegeta became a Super Saiya-jin [I said he did in the first chapter], I'm just going to say it happened in the 11 years span from A New Way Of Life and this fic. I don't know how, I haven't really thought about it, so sorry. :P



"Boy, who's this?", Vegeta questioned his son suspisciously while eyeing Pan.

"Father, this is Pan. She's not from this planet and she seeks shelter. May she stay in my chambers in a guest room?", Trunks smiled at Pan, silently praying his father would allow her to stay.

"Hmph."

Vegeta stalked off to find his "little princess."

Trunks motioned for Pan to follow him. After walking for what seemed like days in absolute silence, they reached the Prince's chambers. Trunks led her to a room at the end of the hall, "If you need anything, my room is the door second from the left." And with that, he left her to get used to her new surroundings.

**********

Knock, knock!

"Who is it?", Trunks questioned from the other side of the door.

"It's me, Pan, Tru...err, Prince Trunks.", Pan stammered. It was going to be hard getting used to calling someone Prince, there weren't Princes on her home planet.

He quickly opened the door and allowed her inside. She kept her eyes on the floor the entire time, unsure of how to act around royalty. No, it wasn't that he was royalty, she could careless. It was the fact that he was kind enough to offer her somewhere to stay, and in his own chambers at that!

"Do you need something, Pan?", he smiled down at her.

"Well, I'm hungry...", she felt terribly rude for already asking for food, but her stomach wouldn't allow otherwise!

"Well," he began, "Dinner is in 15 minutes. Can your stomach give you a break until then?", he smirked and she laughed a little. She nodded her "yes" and went to leave the room.

"You can stay in here until we go to dinner if you'd like.", he offered and gestured to a loveseat couch on the side of the room.

She thanked him and sat down while observing his large and luxurious room. It was a blood red color all around with cushions, couches, chairs, and other furniture of the sort all around the room. There were various tapestries and paintings hanging amongst the wall. They were each battle scenes except for one, which was a boy and a girl standing across from each other, staring into each other's eyes. She wondered why it was the only one that showed an affection for anything other than war.

Fifteen minutes later, Trunks emerged from the bathroom, hair still slightly damp from taking a shower. He had a towel wrapped around his waist, showing off his well-toned muscles. Pan stared in awe; she wiped her hand across her mouth just incase she was drooling. She turned away so Trunks could dress and after he was finished, they left to the Royal Dining Room.

**********

"Boy, you're late again!"

"Gomen, father.", Trunks apologized, then pulled out a chair for Pan to sit down.

Bra eyed Pan admiringly. (Is admiringly even a word?)

"Brother," the little princess started, "Who is this girl? You like her, don't you?!" Bra giggled and Pan blushed.

"Bra...", Queen Bulma warned. "Yes, mother.", Bra murmured and returned to eating her meal.

Trunks figured he might as well introduce Pan since she would be staying in the palace for awhile. His father already knew who she was, but his mother and Bra did not. "This is Pan. She is not from this planet; she'll be staying in my quarters for however long she needs.", he smiled at Pan and she blushed, yet again.

"How lovely!", Bulma exclaimed, "Pan, where are you from?"

Pan looked over at Trunks as if asking for help. He nodded at her assuringly.

"Well, your highness? I'm from a planet called Chikyuu..." She would have continued, however Bulma spit her drink out and stood up from her seat, "Chikyuu?! You're kidding!" Vegeta glared at his mate and she quickly sat down.

"Yes," Pan continued, "About a year ago, when I was 14, a huge business on my planet called Capsule Corporation warned us of meteor headed towards our planet. It was big enough to leave the planet as nothing but dust, if it hit Chikyuu. My father and grandfather knew the owners of Capsule Corporation personally, so they were able to get one spaceship from them. We had planned on leaving the planet together. Me and my family, that is. Well, anyway, the meteor came much sooner than was predicted and we had no time to prepare to leave. My father shoved me into the spaceship before the meteor hit. I begged him, my mother, and grandparents to come with me, but they said it was too late. So, I just hit a ton of a buttons and blasted off. And, here I am."

When Pan was finished telling her story, she was in tears, as was Bulma. Vegeta rubbed Bulma's back, soothing her until she stopped crying. Trunks was rubbing Pan's shoulder. He didn't know why, but he felt a need to make her feel better. Once the two ladies had ceased their sobbing, little Bra spoke up, "My mommy was from Chikyuu, too!"

Pan's head shot up like a rocket and her mouth hung wide open. How bizarre, landing on some far-away planet and the Queen was from Chikyuu?!

Bulma nodded and proceeded to tell her story, "Yes, I am the daughter of the owners of Capsule Corporation. I lived there until I was 18, then I came here. Tell me, Pan, what is your grandfather's name?" She already had a pretty good idea judging by Pan's appearance and the fact that she had a tail.

"My grandfather was a full-blood Saiya-jin; his name was Goku."

"Oh, my...", Bulma sobbed, "Goku. And your father must be Gohan."

"Yes! I am 1/4 Saiya-jin.", Pan replied, shocked, "Did you know them?"

"Yes, your grandfather was one of my best friends.", Bulma said thoughtfully.

The two Chikyuu-jins conversed about their home planet and their lives throughout dinner. Trunks and Bra listened with interest, as did Vegeta although he didn't show that he wanted to hear any of their conversation. After dinner, Trunks escorted Pan to her room.

**********

For the next three weeks, Pan and Trunks trained out in the woods together. They grew closer everyday; they talked for hours until they were too tired to stay awake. However, Pan was beginning to feel as if she were imposing by staying in the Royal Chambers. She had been planning on leaving for a few days, she just didn't know when she wanted to go. Also, she couldn't decide if she wanted to tell Trunks or not...

"Ok, I'm going to leave tonight.", Pan assured herself sadly. She didn't really want to go because of Trunks, but she felt she had to. *I really like him, but I don't even think he likes me that way.*

The raven-haired beauty finished packing what little belongings she had. It consisted of some clothing, provided by Bulma and a letter Trunks had written her one night:

~Dear Pan,

Meet me out in the woods by the lake tonight! I'll be waiting for you.

Yours, Trunks~

It wasn't much, but she held it in her heart. She wiped away a single tear that had escaped from her eye and threw her bag over her shoulder. She quietly opened the bedroom door and snuck out into the hall. As she passed Trunks' room, she blew a kiss towards the door. She had to stop herself from going in; she wanted to say goodbye so bad! She swiftly turned away and ran off through the many mazes of halls until she reached the palace entrance. No guards questioned her because they were quite used to her and Trunks going out into the woods at night. They just figured she was going to meet him.

"Goodbye, Trunks.", Pan whispered, then took off into the dark, night sky. She didn't know where she was going; she didn't want to leave the planet all together. She had grown to like it over the past few weeks, so she decided she would go to the other side of the planet away from the palace.


NEXT CHAPTER OF MEANT FOR EACH OTHER: Trunks is in deep depression. Trunks finds Pan and sparks fly.


It wasn't as long as I would've liked it to be, but that's ok. Next chapter will be out soon, read and review! <3