Irresistible

Chapter 7: Classy Bathrooms, Rabid Squirrels, and Too Much to Drink

Author :Ryoko#2001

 By

      Hey!! I’m in a typing mode even though I have tons of homework. I decided to type this much faster than expected since I got so many threats and “you’re so evil!” reviews. And also sooo many people have emailed me and begged for me to type it up faster and upload! I felt so special!! ^_^ ::Very scared:: Well, here’s the 7th chapter. Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for liking this story. You really, honestly, don’t know how happy I feel about this actually being successful. And it’s all because of you!. I seriously considered if I should stop the series because its in New York right now, but I didn’t mention the World Trade Centers so I think I am okay. I also would like to express my sympathy toward the families who were torn apart by terrorists.

 

      Disclaimer: I do not own DragonBallZ/GT. If I did, Trunks and Pan would officially be a couple. (They are, but you know how those writers like to keep you in suspense. ^_~)

 

~*~*~*~

 

      I refused to cry.

 

      It was about 11 o’clock. I was in one of the Plaza Hotel’s many bathrooms stalls. They were very nice, bathrooms. They had little toiletries and flavored soap. There were huge comfy couches that  you could just sleep on and the bathroom stalls were nice and huge. In any other circumstances, I would’ve taken in the beauty and enjoyed it. But right now, I was in a stall, trying not to ball. All because of Trunks.

 

      I can’t believe he used me. I was supposed to be his friend and maybe something more. But the asshole didn’t feel the way I did. He just used me to get back at his bitchy ex-girlfriend. I was the perfect guinea pig; I was a friend of the family, and he knew I wouldn’t run to my dad and tell on him. I had too much dignity to admit to my dad when I was wrong and he’s right. That’s why he used me.

 

      A single tear came down my cheek and I wiped it away, convincing myself that to really cry, you would have to shed at least three tears. I was still in shock. I couldn’t believe that Trunks would use me of all people. I was supposedly his Panny-chan. If anyone would have told me Trunks would use me like he did, I would have laughed and called them a liar.

 

      The door to the bathroom opened and I recognized Bra’s ki. I slowly opened my door and let Bra catch a glimpse of my heartbroken face.

 

      “He used me,” I said, disgusted at the pitiful tone in my voice. Ugh. Vegeta would be so ashamed of me right now.

 

      Bra gave me a hug and another tear fell down. It was only two tears, I reminded myself. I still haven’t officially cried.

 

      “I know, sweetie. Goten is out there right now, chewing him out. My brother is such an asshole,” she said.

 

      “I just can’t believe he would do that, you know?” I whimpered into her shoulder. She wiped away my tears and gave me a weak smile.

 

      She shook her head. “Who would’ve thought he would use you to get back or get his Rosita back. I can’t believe he would go and hurt you like that.” Count on Bra for unintentionally pouring salt in my wounds.

 

      I looked up at her and forced my lips into what I hoped was a smile. “Bra, I need some time alone, okay?”

 

      She nodded and gave me a kiss on the forehead. “It’ll be okay, Panny. Trust me.”

 

      She left and the last tear strolled down my cheek. I was officially crying now.

 

~*~*~*~

 

      Central Park was very deserted in the early morning. Only hobos who gave birds crumbs and drug dealers were around, and luckily I saw only two of them. It was just the way I wanted. Peace, quiet, and no bastards. I flew towards a park bench and sat on it, enjoying the view of the lake. My hair was up in a ratty ponytail, and my eyes were rimmed with red. I sniffled a bit and enjoyed the warmth of my old sweats.

 

      I was depressed. There was no denying my emotions. I was utterly and completely depressed. I sighed, wondering why he was invading my thoughts. After everything he did, after all the shit I dealt with, I still loved him. I wanted to work things out with him. He was the only one I wanted, no matter what he put me through. A squirrel came next to me and tried to scratch me. What the hell? I blasted it into another dimension, not feeling guilty at all.

 

      With a resigned sigh, I realized that I was going to talk to him. I loved him too much and the thought of him and me never speaking again hurt me deeply. I would talk to him – not today or tomorrow, though; I still was raw from yesterday, but I would eventually talk to him. I felt his ki approach me and started to get nervous. No, not now! I look like shit! It was amazing that I still cared how I looked in for him.

 

      He landed softly and tentatively walked toward, like he was afraid I was going to bolt. I wanted to bolt, oh I did, but if I showed emotions, I would be more vulnerable. He sat beside me and heaved a deep sigh. He was waiting for a reaction, he was waiting for a scream, a slap, anything, except silence.

 

      “Pan, I’m sorry,” he said. Nothing came from my mouth. I wanted to hear his lame ass excuse.

 

      He eyed me warily then continued. “Pan, I really hurt you. It was wrong of me to do that. I am so sorry for hurting you like that.” Omigod, he must have been dropped on his head when he was a baby if he thinks I’m actually going to accept that.

 

      “You mean so much to me, Pan. I just want for you to forgive me.” He looked at me, pleading for a reaction. And I gave him a glare that would’ve scared Vegeta. He flinched under my cold stare. I saw him begging for forgiveness in his eyes. He was trying to use that puppy dog shit on me.

 

      He gave me a pleading look, and I finally let one emotion show. Anger. I was disgusted at him.

 

      “You need to get your own material than borrow from my uncle,” I snapped. His eyes widened and filled with hurt, but I was on a roll. “I mean, I am not one of your chicken-head ex-girlfriends, so don’t expect me to fall for the same line that they did.”

 

      He stood up and gave me a glare, but mine was much colder.

 

      “Pan, don’t get all self-righteous. I meant what I said. I’m sorry for hurting you, and bruising you like that. I know what I did was wrong-“ but I cut him off. He was trying to use the pity card.

 

      “Don’t even go there! You are sounding like some chessy-ass soap opera drama shit. ‘Oh, forgive me Babara. I am so wrong!’ Make up your own fucking material. And I can’t believe you have the balls to call me self-righteous!” I yelled.

 

      He stood up and turned around then looked back at me, frustration visible. “Pan, I mean it! You mean so much, to me! I am sorry for using you like that. I didn’t mean to let it go out of control… I was wrong, and I know it, please understand.”

 

      “How many other girls have gotten that excuse? 100, 200? Am I supposed to feel special? In fact, I remember you bragging to be and my uncle about how some chick fell for that line. Trunks, you are nothing but a stupid-ass bitch who thinks with his pants, not his mind. I do not accept your ‘apology’,” I harshly said.

 

      He grabbed my hand and looked deep into my eyes. “But, Pan, I lo- lo-“

 

      Was he going to say he loved me? If he did, I would forgive him, Kami knows I would.

 

      “I love being around you, Pan,” he lamely said.

     

      My heart hardened. That flicker of hope died and I wasn’t going to let him back into my heart. “Leave me alone, Trunks. I have nothing at all to say to you.”

 

      “Pan-“ he said, touching my wrist, but I shoved him off.

 

      “Get the hell away from me, bastard!”

 

      He gave me one last pleading look and flew away. When I was certain he was out of earshot, I began to cry.

 

~*~*~*~

 

      “Give me another Bloody Mary,” I said to the bartender. It was the tenth one of the night. I was at The Groove. It was a fast-paced bar with loud music. The pulsing lights distracted me easily. I was already hit on by five guys who I just ignored. They walked away mumbling something about “Ice-cold bitch”, but I really didn’t care. I was finally getting the numbness you get from alcohol. I thrived on it, I needed it. I never usually drank – getting inebriated wasn’t exactly something I would do. But tonight, I would break my rules just a bit.

 

      He slid the drink to me and I mumbled “thank you”. I sighed, and thought about Trunks. Damn him. But the alcohol was making the pain of him go away. But I know it would come back tenfold tomorrow along with a monster hangover. I started to look at guys, appraising them. Hmm, not bad, but not Trunks. Ew! No way in hell could that be Trunks. Oooh, pretty nice, but not Trunks. Then I saw a guy that could be Trunks. Blue eyes, purple hair, damn he looked good. Waitaminute, that was Trunks. Oh shit. I could tell by the way he was looking around, Trunks was searching for me.

 

      He spotted me, ran over to where I was sitting, and took the drink out of my hand.

 

      “Come on, Pan. We are going home,” he roughly said, grabbing my hand, but I shrugged him off.

 

      I started to move my hips and giggle like a fool. The small rational side was asking what the hell I was doing, but the alcohol side was so much greater. “Come on, Trunksie! Dance with me!” I tried to kiss him, but he pushed me away. I playfully pouted even though I was a bit hurt. “What? You don’t want to kiss me?”

 

      He sighed and held me at arm’s length. “You have no idea how much I want to, but you are drunk. Come on, let’s go,” he murmured.

 

      What? He wanted to? Before I could ask him what that meant, I started to feel light-headed. I fell into his chest and his arms instantly surrounded me. Trunks’s cologne smelled so good. I inhaled his scent and buried my face in his chest.

 

      “Come on, Pan. We are going back to the hotel,” he whispered.

 

      I yawned, become very tired all of a sudden. “Good night, Trunks. You smell sooo good.”

 

      He picked me up and I thought he said “I love you”. I was going to look up, but darkness engulfed my mind.

 

~*~*~*~

 

      I’m evil!! Okay, well at least I finished this chapter. The next one will take a while cuz I’m depressed. :( Well, hope that I’ll feel better. Peace! And remember to review!!!!!!