I need a little Miracle

Chapter 2

Well, thank you to everyone who supported my story. Now, I know I said that they were poor…so let me clear some things up…

-In this story, Mr. Satan died already, and Videl HAS to stay home to watch Chi Chi.

-Gohan is a prestigious college professor, but lost his job because…well, just because. They didn’t have a reason…sure…

-And if the story still has gaps…then tough luck. I guess we’ll just consider this an AU fic then. Happy? Now…onwards to the story.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Pan tapped her foot impatiently as she sat in the living room waiting for her “date” to pick her up.

“Now Pan, we all know that this is for the best.” Gohan soothed. “And besides, you are mastering in that department. If you do a good job, maybe after you graduate, Trunks will think you’re good enough to stay with Capsule Corporation.” Gohan suggested.

“Don’t even joke around like that dad.” Pan said all but nicely. Pan saw the look of hurt cross Gohan’s face. “But if it makes you happy…okay.” Pan added.

She saw Gohan’s face light up just as the doorbell rang.

“I got it.” Videl said going to the door. She opened the door and saw Trunks standing there.

“Please come in Trunks.”

“Thanks Videl.” Trunks added. He walked into the living room and saw an all but happy Pan sitting on the sofa. Arms crossed and everything. Trunks noted that she looked casual, but well dressed in her short black dress.

“Can we go and get this over with?” Pan said standing up.

“It’s nice to see you too Pan.” Trunks laughed. Pan just snorted and walked past him outised.

“Bye mom, dad, grandma.” She yelled into the house.

Gohan looked after his daughter. “Do you know what’s wrong with her Trunks? She’s been acting weird since yesterday. She won’t even talk to Goten, and her and Goten used to talk about everything.” Gohan reasoned.

“Um…gulp…I don’t know. But I’ll find out for ya Gohan.” Trunks said.

“Alright, thanks again Trunks. You really don’t have to do this…”

“No Gohan, I insist. And besides, isn’t Pan majoring something like this is school? If she’s really good, we could consider keeping her on full time.” Trunks said.

“Thank you again Trunks. But you might wanna hurry. I think she might blow up your car.” Gohan laughed.

“Right.” Trunks laughed. “Later Gohan, bye Videl. Tell Goten I said hi too.” He yelled out before running out to the car.

Gohan just peered out the window as the car drove away.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

“So, where do you wanna go Pan?” Trunks asked.

“I don’t care.” Pan seethed.

“Look Pan, I know that you don’t like me helping you…but let go of your pride already. My dad is a stubborn ass…and I don’t want to have to put up with it now too, okay?” Trunks said nicely.

“Okay, fine.” Pan said sighing in defeat. She uncrossed her arms and sat more comfortably now. “It’s just that I don’t like charity.” Pan said nicely.

Trunks smiled at hearing Pan’s normal tone return. “It’s not charity Pan. It’s more of a job change.” Trunks shrugged.

“Call it what you want, but I still call it charity.” Pan laughed. Trunks smiled finally hearing Pan loosened up and laughing again. “So, where are we going?” Pan asked with a smile on her face.

“I was just going to take you to this Italian restaurant that I found when I noticed my favorite place was closed.” Trunks shrugged.

“What place would that be? McDonalds or Burger King?” Pan laughed.

“Haha very funny…but it’s good to see that you’re not mad at me anymore.” Trunks laughed.

“I was never mad at you. Well, I was embarrassed.” Pan said as the red on her face increased.

“Well, you shouldn’t be.” Trunks said.

Pan lifted her eyebrow and looked at Trunks with an amused smirk on her face. She leaned into his ear and whispered seductively. “So, did you like what you saw?” She said. She trailed her tongue down his earlobe before pulling away to see Trunks almost drive onto the sidewalk.

“HAHA!!!” Pan wailed as Trunks straightened his driving up.

“Don’t do that!” Trunks yelled.

“Okay, okay…calm down Trunks. Just poking some fun, that’s all.” She laughed as the red began to disappear from his face.

Trunks turned into the parking lot and parked the car.

“Okay, let’s go. And nothing funny, ya hear!” He scolded.

“Yes sir.” Pan said hopping out of the car laughing.

Trunks just followed suit and walked with Pan to the door.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

Pan entered the little elegant restaurant with Trunks following behind her.

“Ah Mr. Briefs.” The man at the front said.

“Hello Antoine.” Trunks smiled.

“Shall I give you your usual table sir?” He questioned.

“That would be good, thank you.” Trunks smiled as the waiter lead them to their concealed booth. As they walked there, Trunks earned some longing stares from the many women that sat at the table with their dates. Trunks also noted how the men looked Pan up and down.

‘Well, she made it as a stripper…of course men would like what they see…I did.’ Trunks thought.

Trunks sat down at the table with Pan sitting across from him.

“Alright Mr. Briefs, what kind of job did you have in mind?” Pan asked.

“Well, let me think…” Trunks trailed off. “You could be my secretary.” Trunks suggested.

“Trunks, don’t you already have one?” Pan questioned.

“Yeah, but she’s out of town right now. I could take this opportunity to see if I should fire her or not. If you do a good job, you can keep her job…but if you do a bad one, then I’ll find something that does suit you. Deal?” Trunks asked holding his hand out.

“Only if you don’t tell my parents a word.” Pan said.

“I promise.” Trunks said. With that said, Pan took his hand and shook it. “Okay Mr. Briefs, you have yourself a deal.” Pan said.

“Great…now let’s eat.” Trunks said ordering his food.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

Pan dressed in her work attire, and stepped out of the house.

“I’m leaving now!” Pan yelled out to everyone in the house.

“Okay sweetie, have fun.” Videl squealed giving her daughter a supportive hug.

“Thanks mom.” Pan said walking out of the house.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

Pan arrived at Capsule Corp. and made her way to Trunks’ office. She didn’t bother knocking, and she just walked in. Pan walked in and almost fell over in shock.

Here was Mr. President, fast asleep in his chair. Pan smirked and walked over to him. She closed his mouth and pinched his nose shut.

Trunks stir and opened up his eyes once he noticed his air supply had been cut short.

“Pan.” Trunks said standing up as she let go of his nose.

“Well, looks like you’re working hard.” Pan said sarcastically.

“You’d be surprised.” He laughed. Pan glanced over at the paperwork that he had been working on.

“Working on the budget I see.” Pan said sitting down in Trunks’ chair.

“Yeah…I was…” He trailed off.

“…till you fell asleep.” Pan finished for him. She picked up the documents and began to scan over them. She shrugged her shoulders and looked over at Trunks’ computer screen.

“Trunks, you didn’t even start…and this document says that it’s due in two hours.” Pan said looking over her shoulder.

“Oops.” Trunks shrugged. Pan just sighed and turned back to the computer screen. She began to type viciously.

“What are you doing?” Trunks asked.

“I’m doing your budget, what’s it look like?” Pan said.

“You know how to do that stuff?” Trunks asked.

“Of course I do. This is what I’m majoring in. That’s why my dad keeps telling me that this is a good experience. And that you’re smart; that I should follow your example. But on the contrary, I see that I might even be working harder than you…and on my first day too.” Pan finished as she continued her typing.

Trunks just stared at Pan’s skill in amazement. ‘Boy, she’s something else.’ He thought.

“Trunks, I don’t see what’s so hard about this. I’m halfway done already. It’s not that hard.” Pan said taking off her jacket that was bothering her. Trunks did a double take as he noticed that Pan’s shirt was showing A LOT of cleavage.

“See, look.” Pan said moving her head to the side. Trunks leaned in closer to the computer screen. Pan couldn’t see his eyes, and it was a good thing too. Trunks’ crystal blue eyes were now staring straight at her chest.

“Okay Trunks…didn’t know you’d be so interested in the budget.” Pan laughed once she noticed that he had been staring at the screen *or so she thought* for so long.

“Huh? Oh, gomen.” Trunks said backing away. He shook his head to clear himself of those terrible ideas. “I’m going to go and open the window.” Trunks said as he went over to the large widows and opened them.

A huge gust of wind suddenly rushed into the room, causing all of the papers to fly.

“SHUT THE WINDOW TRUNKS!” Pan yelled. Trunks noticed the papers flying, and quickly shut the windows.

“Now look at this mess.” Pan sighed.

“Nah, forget about it. I’ll just get the bots to clean this up.” Trunks wavered off.

“Trunks, all of this stuff is due today.” Pan said squatting down, collecting the papers.

“That’s…o….k….a…y…” Trunks trailed off once he noticed that more of Pan’s cleavage was showing.

Pan looked up at Trunks abruptly. “Well, are you going to get down here and help me or not.” Pan scolded.

“Yeah…sure.” He said half dazed.

He squatted down in front of Pan and began to pick up the papers, while secretly looking at her chest.

‘TRUNKS! YOU PERVERT!!! STOP LOOKING THERE!’ His mind screamed at him. Trunks’ eyes narrowed in confusion. ‘THIS IS PAN! YOU’RE HERE TO HELP HER…NOT SEDUCE HER!’ His mind yelled continuing its assault. ‘So what if she’s got the perfect body and the nicest chest you’ve ever seen, and the best eyes, and the strongest personality.’ It said.

“Yeah, who needs it.” Trunks mumbled incoherently.

“What?” Pan laughed looking into his eyes. Trunks looked down into her eyes lost in a sudden daze. He couldn’t turn his head away from hers.

Pan just blinked in confusion as he just looked at her. But she stopped her blinking as he moved in closer. Pan didn’t know why, but her head began to lean in too. She felt their faces almost touch and then their lips brushed over.

“TRUNKS-CHAN!” Came a voice barging into the room. Pan jumped back before whoever was at the door could see the little scene between them. Pan stood up and fixed her dress and quickly threw on her jacket. It wouldn’t look too good to see the Capsule Corporation President with another girl on the floor kissing.

The door opened and Trunks looked up somewhat irritated at the fact that someone interrupted him.

“What?” He yelled out.

“Hi Trunks!” Marron chirped running into the room. “Oh Trunks-chan…what happened.” She cooed as she got on hands and knees with Trunks.

“Nothing, papers flew around. What the hell are you doing here?” Trunks scowled.

“You told me that you’d take me out to lunch today.” Marron whined.

“But wasn’t that before you dumped me?” Trunks asked lifting up a lavender eyebrow.

“Well, I don’t remember that happening…so it never did happen.” Marron continued in a rather ditzy manner.

“I’d better go. I’ll take my lunch break early Mr. Briefs.” Pan said hurriedly and leaving the room. She quickly got into the elevator, and could hear Trunks yelling after her. But she just let the elevator doors close on him.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

Trunks just watched as the doors closed before him. “Pan!” He yelled again, only to see that the doors would never open again.

“Trunks-chan!” Marron cooed walking out again.

“What!” He yelled out in pure irritation.

“Aren’t we going out to lunch?” She said placing her hands on her hips.

“No, we broke up.” Trunks said losing all patience.

“Like I said, if I don’t remember it happening…” Marron started.

“Then it didn’t happen.” Trunks finished for her. “Look, I remember it happening, so tough luck.” Trunks said.

“Ugh…you can’t do this to me.” Marron squealed.

“Yeah, well I just did. Now I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” Trunks said pointing to the elevators.

“I don’t think so Trunks-chan.” Marron said standing her ground.

“Then I’ll have to ask security to escort you.” Trunks said demandingly. “SECURITY!” He yelled out.

“You can’t do this to me!” She yelled out as the guards began to pull her through the elevator doors kicking and screaming. “YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!” She yelled out in a futile attempt as the doors closed.

“Good grief, and good riddance.” Trunks said to him self. He had caused quite a scene, and decided it be best if he went back into his office. He went back and deiced to wait for Pan to come back form her break instead of looking for her.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

Trunks was startled when the doors opened and Pan stepped in.

“I’ll finish up the rest of your paperwork now, Mr. Briefs.” Pan said seriously.

Trunks just laughed. “Why are you being so serious Pan?”

“Trunks, I work for you now. And you are my boss. And I always show my boss’ the utmost respect. My best friend or not, I still act the same towards my boss.” Pan said taking a seat. Much to Trunks’ dislike, she left her jacket on and began to type again.

“Pan…about earlier.” He started.

“Trunks, we shouldn’t have done that. You have a girlfriend…” Pan trailed off.

“No I don’t. What did I tell you before…we broke up.” Trunks said.

“Yes, but this is still a professional job. We shouldn’t have been doing that.” Pan said.

“So what.” Trunks said.

“So nothing Trunks. We will keep this job strictly business.” Pan said returning to her job.

“Okay then, I’ve found a new job for you.” Trunks smirked. Pan looked into his eyes quizzically.

“You are officially my new assistant.” Trunks said.

Pan flared with anger. “You’re only doing that to keep me closer to you!” She seethed.

“Well actually no. That’s just one of the plusses. See, you are doing a VERY good job of helping me do what I can’t.” Trunks shrugged.

“And what if I don’t accept?” Pan said crossing her arms.

“Then it looks like I’ll be making a little phone call to your mom and dad.” Trunks said smirk widening.

“HEY! That’s black mail!” Pan yelled out.

“Call it what you want. I call it, keeping my business together.” Trunks said.

“Call it what you want then Trunks. You can’t win me. Not anymore…now that I’ve seen that you really are a conniving son of a bitch.” Pan spat sitting back down on the computer.

“I knew you’d see it my way.” He laughed sitting on the sofa.

Pan just seethed as she continued her massive assault on the computer. Trunks just looked at her and waited for her to say something…but she didn’t.

“Come on Pan, don’t tell me that you don’t feel attracted to me at all.” He said.

“Nope.” Pan said simply as she finished her job.

“Liar.” Trunks said.

“Whatever Trunks. I have a job to do, and I intend to do it before I leave home.” Pan said typing away.

“Pan, why can’t you just admit it. Didn’t I tell you that your pride could get you killed?” Trunks said.

“And didn’t I tell you that I wanted to keep this strictly business.” Pan said glaring up from the computer screen.

Trunks got up and walked behind Pan. “You’re tense.” He said massaging her shoulders. He lowered his head to her ear. “But I will get you Son Pan…because I know that you feel the same attraction I do.” He said licking her earlobe, earning a small jump from her. He moved away from Pan and moved to the door. “I’ll be taking my lunch break now.” He said closing the door.

Pan sighed in defeat. “Yes Trunks, I am attracted to you.” She said to her self. “But I won’t let you get to me.” She said forcing her self to focus on the pages that lie on the table.

$%$%$%$%$%$%

“Oh, but I will get you…my dear sweet little Pan.” He said walking away from the door after hearing her.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

My, wasn’t that interesting? Well, I hope that you enjoyed this. Please write a review. Ja ne!

-Christina :)