Four Year Wait

Chapter 4: Dinner at the Briefs
Author: Trunksgf513



Bra and Goten walked through the mall slowly, occasionally stopping to look at something that caught their eye in a store window. Hearing Bra squeal, Goten looked over to see her pressed up against the glass and staring at a beautiful midnight blue dress. Raising an eyebrow, he walked over to the store window and looked at the dress, then her.

"You okay?" he queried, poking her gently.

"Must...have...dress." Bra droned, suddenly standing up straight and running into the store.

Goten sighed and followed, dragging eleven rather large bags behind him. This was the millionth time that day she had behaved this way, and it was beginning to tire him. If it weren't for Trunks he wouldn't be subjected to this. Goten narrowed his eyes and followed his girlfriend into the changing room.

If he wasn't on that stupid date with Pan then we'd be training right now. Unconsciously he pouted, placing the bags down rougher than he should have.

"Be careful! There's expensive stuff in there!!" Bra warned from inside the stall.

"Okay." Goten mumbled, only half-listening. A few minutes later Bra exited the changing stall in the flowing evening dress.

"How do I look?" she asked, catching Goten's attention.

The moment he looked up his jaw fell to the floor. The dress accented her figure nicely, and the low-cut neckline gave him a rather generous amount of cleavage to feast his eyes upon. Scanning the rest of the dress he nodded, closing his mouth. Bra giggled and turned around, closing the stall door behind her.

"I guess I'll get it." Bra announced. From the other side of the door a soft gurgle was heard. She smiled. "Alright Goten. After this there's only eleven more stores to go." The gurgle turned into a groan and she snorted, hanging the dress up carefully.



Goten's hair flew back as he drove his corvette down the road faster than the speed limit. Glancing to his left he saw Bra smiling, eyes closed as her hair whipped about her in the breeze. He increased the speed and Bra giggled, looking at him lovingly. He smiled back and returned his eyes to the road. If there was one thing good about country roads it was this: no traffic. And where there was no traffic, there were no cops.

He slowed when Capsule Corporation's large building came into view. In order to get Bra home he had to drive through the city, and he wasn't about to go through it speeding like a madman. Minutes later they pulled into Capsule Corporation's long driveway, stopping once they reached the 5-car garage. Killing the ignition, Goten stepped out of the car and picked up Bra's bag's following her to her room.

As they passed through the hallways Goten's eyes darted back and forth, looking for any sign of Vegeta. The Saiya-jin Prince was known to lurk in the corners of Capsule Corp., waiting to pounce on him. At least, that was how it was in Goten's mind. He almost walked right into Bra when they reached her door. As quickly as possible he bolted through the door and placed the clothing-filled bags on the floor. Bra rolled her eyes and closed the door, turning her attention to putting her new clothes away.

"Why don't you stay for dinner?" Bra questioned as she folded a pair of pants.

"Uh, I have other plans." Goten answered quickly.

"Oh? What are they?" Bra asked innocently.

"Uh...sparring?" Goten replied, hoping his girlfriend would buy his excuse. She stopped putting her clothes away and turned around, looking at him curiously.

"You have to eat before then, don't you?" Bra queried. Goten's stomach grumbled in response, causing him to curse himself inwardly. Damn his ever-present appetite. She smirked. "Of course you do. I'll just shout down to mom that you're staying for dinner." Before Goten could protest she had done just that. Releasing a heavy breath he fell back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

I'm in for it now...



Two hours and two make-outs later, Bra and Goten wandered downstairs and sat at the dinner table to wait for dinner. The couple walked into the kitchen just as Bulma placed the last two dishes on the rather large dining room table. She smiled amiably at Goten and her daughter, chirping a greeting.

"Hey Mom." Bra said just as cheerily, kissing her mother's cheek before sitting down. Goten smiled and waved, taking a seat next to Bra.

"Hi, Bulma." he said.

A slam was heard, followed by the thundering footsteps of two muscular warriors on the tile floor. Seconds later Trunks and Vegeta entered, sweaty and slightly battered from a previous spar. They sat down without a word, serving themselves before Bulma could sit down. She crossed her arms and glared at her mate and son.

"Don't you two have any manners? Let our guest get his food first!" Bulma snapped, sitting next to Vegeta. Trunks looked up to see his best friend and smiled.

"Hey! What's up, Goten?" he queried before digging into whatever food he had on his plate and shoving it into his mouth. Goten smiled back, munching on some salad already. Vegeta looked up, pausing his actions. A few moments later he continued to serve himself food, releasing a snort.

"No spawn of Kakarrot will eat before I do." he growled, putting down the serving spoon and shovelling food into his mouth.

"So Goten, how are you?" Bulma asked, trying to ignore the dirty looks Vegeta was shooting Goten.

"I'm good." he said quickly before shoving food into his mouth again.

"How's your mother?" Bulma queried, daintily placing some meat in her mouth.

"She's doing alright." Goten replied, chewing thoughtfully. "She said she wanted to see you soon because she's got some gossip or whatever." He shrugged, reaching forward to serve himself some more food.

"Oooh, gossip!! I wonder who it's about? Maybe it's about Lunch, I haven't heard about her in such a long time!! I hope - "

"How's your sparring coming, brat?" Vegeta interrupted, getting annoyed at his mate's rambling.

"Uh, okay, I guess." Goten answered.

"I heard Pan beat you in sparring again yesterday." Trunks probed, smirking. This caught Vegeta's attention, the elder Saiya-jin's eyes flitting to Goten.

"Y-yeah, well, I got distracted." Goten lied, getting nervous from Vegeta's glare.

"You shouldn't have been distracted. You should have been focusing on the battle." Vegeta growled.

"Yeah, I know." Goten said, smiling nervously.

"Oh Dad, calm down." Bra said boredly before depositing some chicken in her mouth.

"How do you expect him to protect you if he is distracted?! And beaten by someone of Kakarrot's line...especially a girl! Disgraceful!!" Vegeta exclaimed. Goten was about to say something about that before he bit his tongue. His comment would only instigate him further.

"Now Vegeta, if I remember you were never able to beat Goku." Bulma pointed out. Goten groaned.

Thank you, Bulma for saying exactly what I didn't want to bring up.

"That was different, woman!!" Vegeta roared, looking at his mate. Bulma snorted and Vegeta returned his gaze to Goten, rising out of his seat to glare at him from across the table.

"I don't like you, brat. And I'm warning you, if you hurt my little girl, I will castrate you." he snarled. Goten blinked, confused.

"What does castrate mean?" he queried. Trunks spit out his food in shock, Bra giggled, Vegeta's eyes grew wide in surprise, and Bulma continued to eat normally, used to her mate's outbursts.

"You don't know what that means?!!" Trunks shouted, staring at Goten.

"No." Goten answered, shaking his head.

"I-It's the worst thing that could happen to a man!!" Trunks yelled. Vegeta sat down, rubbing his temples.

"How my daughter tolerates you, I don't know." he mumbled.

"Uh, could someone fill me in on what that means?" Goten asked warily. Bra sighed and leaned over to whisper in his ear.

"Don't, Bra. Let him find out himself." Trunks said, returning to eating. Vegeta shook his head in disgust.

"How your family survives everyday life, I don't know." he muttered, lifting his chopsticks again.

"That's easy. We wake up, my mom makes us breakfast, and then we - "

"Just shut up." Vegeta snapped, interrupting Goten.

"Uh...okay." Goten said, confused. A few minutes of awkward silence passed before Bra set down her chopsticks, clearing her throat.

"Goten took me shopping today." she announced. Bulma's ears perked up and she smiled, temporarily forgetting her food.

"What'd you get?" she queried.

"Well, I got this amazing dress that I'm going to wear when Goten takes me out to dinner next time." Bra replied, looking at her boyfriend lovingly. He wasn't even paying attention, just shoving his face full of food. Shrugging, she continued. "Anyway, I also got this really cute shirt from Yolanda's...it's blue and has these - "

"Soooo Goten, have you found a job yet?" Trunks asked.

"Yes, have you found a job so you can support my daughter?" Vegeta snarled, eyes narrowed. Goten gulped.

"Uh, yeah." he forced out.

"And that would be?" Vegeta growled, leaning towards Goten. In the background Bra continued to talk to Bulma.

"Uh, I'm the manager of a store." he said softly.

"What store?" Vegeta ground out, getting annoyed with all the questions.

"Porky's Pig Emporium." Goten said. Trunks and Vegeta dropped their chopsticks and stared at Goten, open-mouthed. Bulma and Bra, noticing the guys' condition, looked over to see Goten blushing.

"Why in hell would you want to work THERE?!!" Vegeta roared.

"Uh, because it has food." Goten replied.

"What happened?" Bra asked, looking back and forth between her brother, father, and boyfriend.

"Goten's working at Porky's Pig Emporium." Trunks informed.

"I know, I'm so proud he has a job!" Bra squealed, hugging Goten's arm. Vegeta snorted and stood up.

"If I stay here any longer I am going to be sick." he muttered. He looked at Trunks. "Brat, training." Quicker than usual he left the room, mumbling something about 'Kakarrot's imbecile spawn'.

"Uh, I think it's time for me to go home now." Goten said, standing up.

"You sure you don't want to stay a little longer?" Bulma asked.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you for the meal, Bulma." Goten said politely.

"Anytime." Bulma said, smiling. She frowned as a bang was heard. "I'm just sorry Vegeta wasn't under his best behavior."

"It's okay." Goten assured, dismissing Bulma's concern with a wave of his hand.

"I'll walk you out." Bra said, taking Goten's arm. Once they reached his car he smiled down at her and kissed her tenderly, parting slowly. "Sorry about tonight."

"It's okay." Goten whispered, brushing some hair out of her eyes. "I understand." She smiled and watched him get into his car. "Hey Bra?" She leaned down next to his car.

"Yes?" she queried, batting her eyes seductively.

"What does castrate mean?" Goten questioned. Bra sighed and leaned forward, kissing him quickly.

"Look it up when you get home, Go-chan." she said gently.

"Okay." Goten said, starting the ignition. With a wave he drove off, speeding up once he reached the road again. I wonder why everyone's so worked up about it...

About twenty minutes later he reached his house, walking into his brother's room and borrowing a dictionary. He brought it to the table and opened it up, flipping through a few pages before he came to the section he was looking for. Slowly he ran his finger down the line of words until he came upon the word, smiling triumphantly.

"I found it! Okay, uh...'castrate vt to remove the testicles of, to geld; to deprive of power'." he read. Blinking, he looked at the definition. "It has to be the second one, since Vegeta's so bent on power." He shrugged and closed the dictionary, walking to his room to go to sleep.




A/N: Wow, what a dumb guy. *sighs* Oh well...until I think of another idea, this story won't be updated for a while. Hehe, well obviously. Anyway, I gotta go...time to 'deep clean' my room...someone please save me...