Four Year Wait

Chapter 2

 

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or its characters. If I hafta write that one more time I'm gonna kill someone. Grant, if you're reading this, it'll be you! In Goldeneye! With the Lasers!. . .hehe, okay. Anyway. . .

Title: Payback
Author: trunksgf513
Story Origin: sequel to Four Year Wait. . .you have to read that to get why Trunks and Pan are getting what they call 'revenge.'

Anyway, enough with my babbling and onto the story!! r/r please! ^_^

" " is talking
* * is thought


Payback


Trunks tossed the knapsack onto the bunk of his bed, smirking. Pan, Goten, Bra, and himself were going camping in the great outdoors for two weeks. No showers, electricity or crap like that. Just them, the RV that carried their stuff, and the woods miles away from civilization.

Their RV, he thought, was pretty spacious. It contained four beds, two next to each wall, a bathroom, and a little table between two of the beds. A refridgerator rested between the other two beds, filled with limitless food capsules, just in case something happened and they couldn't get food. He felt an arm snake around his waist and turned around to see Pan smiling up at him. Smiling back, he leaned down to kiss her.

"Yo!! Get a room!" someone yelled. The couple turned around to see a foolishly grinning Goten heading towards them. Trunks growled and Pan placed a hand on his upper arm.

"Calm down." she whispered.

"I don't even know why we're doing this for those two." Trunks growled. "They've done nothing but tease us ever since we got together."

"Let 'em tease." Pan whispered. "They act like kids, anyway." Trunks snorted and took her bag, placing it on the bed opposite his.

"Where am I sleeping?" Goten asked, looking around. Pan rolled her eyes while Trunks sighed.

"There are two free beds, Goten." Trunks said slowly, pointing to the one on the same wall as him and another across from the other bed. "Pick one."

"Okay." Goten said, tossing his bag onto the bed that shared Trunks' wall.

Bra walked on quietly, looking slyly at Pan. She tossed her bag on the remaining bed, then forced Pan to join her outside. She put her hands on her hips.

"Pan, is this an attempt to get me and your uncle together?" Bra asked, her voice dangerously low.

"No. Why would you think that?" Pan lied.

"Just think of it. Me, you, Trunks, and Goten out for two weeks." Bra said, narrowing her eyes. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing." Pan said, putting her hands up defensively. "Geez. I just thought we'd all camp out and have fun. That's all." Bra sighed.

"Alright." she said. Just then the two men walked out of the RV, smiling.

"Hey, we're gonna do a double-check to make sure we didn't forget anything." Goten stated. "We'll be right back."

"Okay!" Pan yelled as the two ran for the Capsule Corporation building. She looked at Bra mischieviously. "Come on, I brought some itching powder, let's put some on their beds." Bra's eyes lit up and she giggled.

"Now you're talkin', sister." she said, running inside.

Pan chuckled and followed. In a matter of minutes the blankets were lightly covered with itching powder. Hearing the men returning, the two girls jumped on Pan's bed, pretending to be talking.

"...so I found these really cute shirt at Abercrombie & Fitch, but then this saleswoman comes up and changes the price tag on the shirt from $29.99 to $39.99! Can you believe it?!" Bra asked. Pan's eyes widened in mock shock.

"Man, that bites." she said sadly. She looked over at Goten, who 7was unpacking. Her head turned towards the window, where the sun was almost setting. "Yo, are we ever gonna get going? We've been packing all day!"

"Yeah yeah. We're going now." Trunks said, decapsulizing a robot, who made its way to the front of the RV, taking a seat. Trunks set the destination and the robot started the RV, pulling onto the road.

"We're off!" Goten said, smiling. Settled and in his pj's (a.k.a. boxers), he fell onto his, sending an almost undetectable puff of white into the air.

"Bra! You put too much on! He might've seen it!" Pan whispered harshly.

"No shit." Bra replied.

Trunks took off all his clothing besides his boxers, as well, and settled into his bed. No itching powder erupted from his bed, and Pan smirked her satisfaction. Bra and Pan continued to talk, watching the two men with wary eyes. Finally, Goten reached behind his back, scratching. He soon stood up, scratching all over. Trunks followed suit.

"Yo, what the hell?" Goten asked. Pan and Bra broke out into riotous laughter, falling onto their backs on Pan's bed.

"You little devils." Trunks managed between itches. "You put itching powder on our bunks, didn't you?"

"Yeah." Pan stated, laughing.

"You guys look so funny!" Bra declared.

"I call shower first!" Goten yelled, running in.

"Hey!" Trunks shouted, reaching the door just as Goten shut it. He scratched frantically. (A/N: I hope u guys r happy. . .now I'm beginning to itch, aren't you?) He narrowed his eyes at the girls. "Thanks a lot."

"No problem." Pan said, her laughs lessened to giggles. Goten came out minutes later, a frown on his face. Trunks rushed in, closing the door on Goten's finger.

"FUCK!" Goten yelled as the door slammed on it. Trunks opened the flimsy aluminum door, eyebrow raised in disbelief.

"Come on, it couldn't have hurt THAT much." he said.

"No, but it still hurt." Goten said, sucking his finger. Trunks shrugged and closed the door.

"You okay?" Bra asked, walking over to Goten. He took his finger out of his mouth and looked at it, frowning deeper.

"Yeah. I'll be alright." Goten stated. He looked up at the two girls. "I can't believe you did that." A smile grew on his niece's face.

"Sorry. It was irresistible." Pan said innocently. Goten snorted.

"I'm so sure."

"It was!" Bra insisted. Trunks stepped out of the bathroom, sighing his relief.

"Ah I feel better." he said, walking over to Pan and taking her in his arms. She sniffed him tentatively.

"So fresh and so clean, clean." Pan whispered. (lol, reference to a song and i.j.) Trunks smirked and let her go, turning to look at his bed.

"Well, I can't sleep there tonight." He pulled his pillow out of it's cover and threw it on the floor. "I'll just sleep here, I guess." Goten did the same. Pan lifted her lip in disgust.

"Ew. That's just skanky." she commented.

"How is it skanky?" Trunks asked.

"You're sleeping on the FLOOR. Do you realize how many people have walked on that?" Pan questioned.

"Hmm. You're right." Trunks agreed. He picked up his pillow and threw it on her bed, pulling her with him to lay down. "I'll just have to sleep with you tonight."

"Oh no you don't." Goten said, eyes wide. Trunks looked up from his position under Pan.

"Why not?" he asked innocently. "We're not gonna do anything."

"Gohan told me to keep an eye on Pan for him." Goten said, crossing his arms. Pan rolled her eyes and slid off Trunks so she laid next to him.

"I can't believe him." she growled. Looking up at her uncle, she set her jaw in determination. "Too bad. I'm sleeping with Trunks. Go sleep with Bra." Goten blanched and looked at Bra, who was sitting on her bed, also pale.

"Uh, no." Bra said slowly. She glared at Pan, composure regained. "I will not sleep in the same bed as Goten!"

"Just do it." Trunks growled menacingly, glaring at the two demi-Saiyajins. Goten looked at Bra pleadingly.

"I don't wanna sleep on the floor." he whined.

"Okay, okay." Bra said, defeated. She moved over. "Just don't move around a lot." Goten picked up his pillow and threw it on her bed, laying down on the outside. Pan stood up and walked over to the lightswitch, smiling.

"Goodnight everyone. Pleasant dreams." she said sweetly.

A chorus of muttered 'nights' followed, and she turned off the light. Somehow she found her way back to the bed, where Trunks was waiting for her. She smiled when she felt his arm pull her to him possessively. His head rested near hers and he sighed.

"If that doesn't get them together than I don't know what will." Trunks whispered.

"I dunno. Our revenge isn't turning out quite as planned." Pan observed.

"Yeah, I know." Trunks agreed. "I thought Bra liked Goten."

"She does. But the question is does Goten like Bra?" Pan whispered.

"Stop moving!" Bra's voice yelled, piercing the silence.

"I'm not moving!" Goten objected.

"Well then stop doing whatever you're doing." Bra ordered.

"What? I can't try to go to sleep?" Goten asked, tone rising. Pan and Trunks groaned, closing their eyes.

"This is gonna be a long two weeks." Pan grumbled.

"Oh yeah." Trunks agreed.



...Two days later, at the set up camp...



"Ew!! It's a fish!" Bra screamed as a plate of fish were placed in front of her.

"Yeah, Bra. It's a fish. That's what you eat when you camp." Pan said slowly.

"I don't like fish, though. They're so nasty and boney!" Bra complained. Pan growled and took the plate for herself.

"Fine. Get something for yourself." she growled, ripping off a piece of the cooked flesh and popping it in her mouth. Bra looked around.

"Where's Trunks and Goten?" she asked.

"They're out hunting for deer or something." Pan said, shrugging.

"More like goofing off." Bra commented, crossing her arms. Pan laughed just as the two men appeared, carrying the carcasses of two deer. Bra saw this and her eyes widened. "Oh my God!! Those poor things!"

"Trunks and Goten?" Pan asked, eyebrow raised.

"No!! The deer!" Bra yelled.

Pan rolled her eyes and growled, picking up her plate and heading over to a rock that sat only a few yards from the lake. She sighed as she set the plate down in front of her, looking over the water.

They'd chosen an ideal place to camp. It was surrounded by woods, the only open area about a fifty yard radius of grass and dirt in a semicircle that joined the lake. The lake itself was a wonder, with it's big and small animal and plant life. Not to mention how beautiful it was at sunrise or sunset, especially with the small ripples created by the gentle breeze. A sound behind her interrupted her thoughts and she looked behind her to see Trunks.

"Hey there. Mind if I join you?" he asked.

"No. Not at all." Pan said, turning around. Trunks sat next to her, a plateful of venison in his hands. He offered some to his girlfriend and she took it, chewing on it thoughtfully.

"You know, the more I think about it, the more I think that it's gonna be impossible to get those two together." Trunks commented.

"Yeah, I know." Pan answered, swallowing her food. "What do we do now? I mean, we tried everything: the itching powder, leaving them alone in the woods during the hike, leaving them alone in the water, sleeping in the same bed, and walking in on each other in the shower. I guess we'll just have to see if we can come up with anything else that's good."

"Right." Trunks agreed.

They watched the sun starting to set when they heard fighting from behind them. Turning around, they saw Bra flinging some venison at Goten, who was trying to shield himself. Pan smiled and shook her head.

"As if it isn't obvious enough that they like each other." she mumbled. "You think they'd take a hint at some point." Trunks sighed and pulled her into his arms. They set their eyes on the sunset again.

"Hey, it took us a while to realize that we liked each other." he said. "Just give them time."

"Alright." Pan sighed, resting her head against his shoulder.




Bra looked over at her brother and best friend and snorted. To her it was disgusting how they acted towards one another. She didn't know what the hell Pan saw in him besides the selfish, arrogant bastard he was. She then sighed and looked over at Goten, who was shovelling food into his mouth. Her expression softened a bit.

*Now he's the perfect guy.* Bra thought. *He's so nice and cares about everyone.*

Seconds later Goten looked up at her and she looked away quickly, pretending to be facinated with the venison he'd given her. Feeling her face growing hot, she allowed some hair to cover her face. Hearing footsteps, she shoved some of the foul-tasting meat into her mouth, chewing it quickly. The person squatted in front of her, but she didn't dare look up.

"Bra? You alright?" Goten asked, looking down at her. She looked up suddenly and smiled.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Nothing's wrong." Bra said quickly. Goten blinked.

"You sure?" he asked, touching her cheek lightly with his hand. She smiled at him and before she knew it her lips were against his. She pulled away quickly, blushing furiously.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry, Goten." Bra whispered, mortified. He only smirked and moved closer.

"No. That's alright. I'm glad you made the move. I was too scared to make it myself." Goten said, pressing his lips to hers. She loosened and kissed back.




Pan turned around to put her plate away and gaped. Trunks looked at her strangely.

"Pan, you alright?" he asked.

"They're kissing." Pan whispered, her lips slowly twisting into a smile. "I can't believe they're kissing! Oh my God!!!" Trunks looked over and laughed.

"I wonder what did it." he said.

"Let's find out." Pan said, jumping down from the rock. Trunks followed and they stopped inches away from the couple.

"Yo!! Get a room!" Trunks yelled, imitating Goten from earlier. Bra and Goten jumped apart and stared up at him, eyes wide with surprise.

"So you guys finally hooked up." Pan said, crossing her arms. She smiled devilishly, matching Trunks' smile. "So what did it?"

"Was it the itching powder?" Trunks asked.

"The sleeping together?" Pan asked.

"Getting lost in the woods?"

"Being alone in the water?"

"Walking in on each other in the shower?"

"No." Goten said innocently. "She just kissed me." Pan's eye began to twitch.

"You mean that after all we've done to get you two together you decide to just kiss?" she asked softly. The two nodded. Pan looked at them, fire in her eyes. "I'm gonna give you two ten seconds to run before I rip you apart."

Trunks laughed and watched as the two ran off to the cover of the woods, Pan counting. She stopped and looked in the direction of where the two ran. Starting forward purposely, she was forced to an abrupt halt when she felt something grab her wrist. Turning around, she saw her boyfriend smiling.

"Just let them be." Trunks said softly, pulling her towards him. "It gives us some time alone."

"What do you mean?" Pan asked, anger still filling her senses. Trunks pressed his lips to hers and all her anger melted away. They parted and she smiled at him. "Okay. They'll get away with it just this once."



...An hour later...



"Hey, Goten. It's getting dark. Don't you think we should be going back now?" Bra asked from her hiding spot in the bushes.

"I dunno. Pan could still be looking for us. She was pretty pissed." Goten said.

"Yeah." Bra agreed.

"I guess we should stay out here for just a little longer." Goten suggested. Bra nodded in silent agreement.