Back to the Past

Chapter 4

Okay folks, here’s chapter 4! I know that it took so long, but hey…I was busy! I’ll be sure to get the ending of this story done asap! Okay…the moment you’ve been waiting for…

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

As they made their ways into the cave, Pan tried desperately to make sure she didn’t make any eye contact with Trunks. If she did, she knew that she’d end up being in his arms again. ‘So what’s wrong with that?!’ Pan scolded herself. ‘Everything! What would the other Trunks say?’ She thought deeply. ‘Well, he probably wouldn’t say anything, he’s dead. This isn’t exactly cheating anyway, is it?’ Pan got nervous.

She walked into the house and quickly excused herself from dinner tonight and decided to go to bed early.

‘It’s only 7:00. Well, I could use more sleep. Getting 4 hours a night isn’t exactly healthy.’

Pan hopped into bed, and minutes after her head touched the pillow, she was fast asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Where am I?” Pan asked aloud.

The dark, uninhabited place gave Pan the shivers. The darkness and the cold air made her very uncomfortable. Just then, a very powerful and familiar ki shot up.

Pan quickly got into a sparring stance and powered up to SSJ. The room began to lighten up ,and in a flash, Pan had to squint her eyes in order to see properly. After getting used to the unexpected bright light, Pan looked around for her “enemy.”

“Who’s there?” She asked bravely. ‘It’s not tousan’s ki, it’s not grandpa’s ki…this is familiar, but who’s is it?’ She said to herself making a checklist. ‘Well, it’s not Uncle Goten, all that’s left is…is…Trunks!’ She quickly turned around and sure enough, Trunks stood there. It wasn’t the Trunks that’s at her house right now, but it was the Trunks that had left her several years ago. He stood with a proud smirk, arms crossed, and a very familiar Vegeta like stance. Pan’s eyes began to water. This was just so overwhelming. “Trunks!!! It thought you were dead?!” Pan screamed while running into his arms. She cried and cried as she enjoyed his warm embrace once again. “Oh how I’ve missed you.” Just then, Trunks screamed in agony and pain. Pan didn’t understand why. She was then standing in the same room where he was killed 5 years ago.

“Trunks, what’s going on?” Pan asked worriedly.

Trunks' screams of agony and pain stopped as quickly as it had started. “Pan, I can’t stay alive forever. And you can’t go on living like this. The pain you carry on your shoulders is too much. I want you to be happy, even if it means without me. I don’t mind if you live and learn to love the other Trunks. It wouldn’t be called cheating anyway.” Trunks said with a final smile. Pan smiled too, ‘How did he know that?’ Pan looked around the room and saw the familiar lifeless body of Trunks.

“Well, I must go now. Bye Pan-chan.” Trunks said.

“No, wait! You can’t leave me. Trunks…” But Trunks didn’t listen to any of her pleas. He joined back with his lifeless body, and Pan was surrounded in the darkness once again. “No…” She said above a whisper. She sagged to the floor and began to cry. ‘Why couldn’t you just stay here you baka.’ Pan thought sadly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trunks heard Pan crying and ran as fast as he could to her room. “PAN!” He said in a worried tone. He saw her lying on the bed asleep with dried tears on her face. “Poor kid.” He said aloud. ‘Wait a minute! Pan’s not a little kid. She’s not a little girl either. Come on Trunks, she’s 23. Trust me, she’s a woman.’ He reminded himself. Trunks was too worried to go back to sleep so he stood outside of Pan’s room, just in case something happened.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Pan woke up at 7:30am the next day. She walked outside to see Trunks fast asleep leaning against the wall. “Well, I guess it’s my turn to make breakfast.” She sighed. Pan walked diligently to the kitchen and began to cook. She was very hungry since she had missed dinner yesterday night.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trunks woke up to see that Pan’s room was empty. ‘Huh? Where’d she go?!’ Trunks began to panic, but once he smelled the eggs and sausages, he knew exactly where she went.

Trunks walked into the kitchen to see Pan cooking her 17th egg.

“Hungry?” She asked without even turning around.

“You guessed it?” Trunks said.

“Go sit down. It’s my turn to cook breakfast anyway.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trunks and Pan had finished breakfast without talking about what had happened. They quickly took care of the dishes and were training in minutes.

'Well, I’ll ask her about it after training.’

Pan just continued to train and push her and Trunks’ kiss to the back of her mind.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After 6 hours of non-stop training, they decided to call it a day. “That was a very satisfying workout!” Pan stated happily, but afraid of the question that was to come.

“Pan, about yesterday…”

“I knew that you would mention that.” Pan said defeated.

“Did you kiss me because I look like Trunks? Or because of, well, me?”

“A little of both. You see, Trunks was always like his father. There were times when he was cold and distant. And then there were the times when he was happy and carefree. But you’re the good side of Trunks that I love. But there are times when I want his mean, cold side for some awe struck reason or another.

“When I kissed you, I wanted to keep on kissing, well, you. Not because you looked like the other Trunks, but because you were you. I wanted you then and there, but I thought that it wouldn’t be fair to the other Trunks.”

“You know Pan, it wouldn’t exactly be cheating on him. After all, we’re both the same handsome slick guy. Well, sorta anyway.” Trunks said smirking.

“I don’t get it. How do you both know about that whole cheating thing?! ANYWAY, like I was saying, I kissed you for you. I was afraid of it being cheating, but I had a dream or a vision, or whatever you want to call it. Trunks was there, the other one. He told me that he wanted me to be happy, even if it was with you. Then, he went back to heaven leaving me with you. I guess what I’m saying is that I want to be with you.” Pan finished.

Trunks looked at her wide-eyed. “Well, I guess that I shouldn’t disappoint you.” He said smirking. He picked Pan up with great ease and flew home.

“You know, I can fly.” Pan stated flatly.

“I know, but I figured this is more romantic, so just relax.”

Pan just let Trunks do all of the flying and did relax. Just then, Pan struck up an idea. “Hey! How, many people can your time machine hold?” She asked mischievously.

“Well, up to 10 people, why?”

“How about I take a permanent trip to the future. I mean, the androids are gone there anyway. And besides, this world is lost.”

“Well, I don’t see what the difference is. I can defeat #17 with a flick of my wrist anyway.”

“Yeah, but your world is far more populated than mine will ever be. And besides, the buildings there are in better shape. And I bet the malls are better too. Even CC. It stands here today in ruins. Please Trunks! I’d feel so much safer there!” Pan said putting on her best puppy face.

“Don’t give me that face. My kaasan already tried it too many times. And besides you’re 23, not 3. Must I remind you.”

“No…” She said playfully.

“We’ll talk about this in the morning.” Trunks stated rather flatly with a small hint of amusement in his voice.

Pan just smiled as they continued on there way home.