Age Doesn't Matter


Chapter 1

This is my first ever fanfic, I hope you all like it...  And I'd like to say hi to ZTrunks220!  n.n

~Something bad happens to Pan as a little girl.  A man almost kills her.  Trunks was taking Pan to the park when this happened.  But the man comes back into Pan's life, as she get's into teenage stage.  Will she be able to handle him on her own, or will Trunks step in again?~



    The little four year old Pan walked around the park.  She walked to the little tunnels (An: Like the ones they have in the McDonalds Playplace, come on, don't tell me you never seen one before!  O_O) and walked into it.

She was small enough to just walk without troubble.  She looked out one of the windows and laughed.  There was her babysitter, Trunks.  He was 13 years old.  Pan loved it when he babysat.  He always to her places her parents never would for secret reasons. 

    Trunks laughed also seeing her cute little face and hands.  'I know something will happen between us later in our lives when she's older.  But I don't know what.'  Trunks thought.  (An: It's odvious you moron!)  Pan ran through the tunnels.  She stopped in this little dark dead-end. 

  "So, you want to come in here and play little one?"  a soft mysterious voice said.  Pan turned around looking for the man who said it.  "Who's dare?"  she asked in a scared tone.

    (An:  Dare= there.  Sry 'bout the confusion.)  "Tsk tsk tsk, my little girl, that wasn't the answer... to my question!"  he said harshly.  Trunks looked around franticly for Pan.  "Pan!"  he yelled.  "Pan!  Where are you?!" 

    Pan heard Trunks and kept feeling around the walls for a way out.  "Pan... is that your name?"  he asked.  He jumped out of the darkest spot and torwards Pan.  Pan screamed.  Trunks heard her and his eyes filled with fear.  "Pan!  Come out!"  he called.  "Come on Pan, don't make me use this."  the man said pulling out a knife.  He jumped at her about to put the knife into her skin, but Pan leaped out of the way.

    "Twunks!"  she yelled crying and running around, trying to find a way out again, and quick before the man got to her.  "Pan!"  Trunks called back and tried to follow where she was outside the tunnels, knowing he wouldn't fit into them. 

    Pan cried banging on the side of the tunnel.  The man grabbed her foot from behind and tripped her.  Pan screamed and cried, banging on the ground trying to kick her way free.  Finally, she kicked the man's mouth, knocking out a tooth.  He punched Pan's back, but before that, he missed. 

    Pan got away and ran.  She kept crying.  She found her way out of the dark spot and ran her way out of the tunnels.  The man was trying to follow, but was to big to get through and get to her.  She heard him say something.  She couldn't figure out, but she didn't have time, she kept running.  Pan ran all the way out and into Trunks's arms.  "Pan, where were you?"  he asked.  Pan didn't answer but kept crying.

    He rubbed her back and carried her home. 



~~~~....~~~~



    Pan sat in her mom's arms asleep, dry tears marking the side of her face.  She tossed and turned almost every 25 seconds.  "What happened to her Trunks?"  Videl asked.  "I'm not sure, she went inside the play tunnels and the next thing I knew, she was screaming and crying.  I'm not sure what was happening, but I wasn't able to get in there to her."  Trunks said looking at the little girl in Videl's arms.

    Gohan walked into the house.  "What's wrong with you two?"  he asked seeing the worried faces.  "N-nothing, Gohan, don't worry about-"  Videl started, Gohan cut in.  "Tell me Videl.  I'm not stupid you know."  he said with a grin.  (An: Uhh.... no comment there.) 

    Trunks sighed and decided that they should tell him what happened.  He knew he wouldn't be aloud to babysit, or get paid, even though he never took the money, he just enjoyed being around and playing with Pan. 

    After Trunks had explained everything, Gohan's eye's were wide with fear and he had taken Pan from Videl's arms.  "I'm sorry Gohan, I feel bad for not knowing what happened.  Something bad could have happened."  Trunks said hitting his head with his palm, putting his hand through his hair.  "It's fine Trunks."  Gohan said calmly. 

    Trunks was confused.  He'd usually would get a nice, long, beating in the front yard.  It was almost every one week that it happened.  Pan awoke and looked up at her dad.  "Hi Daddy."  she said quietly. She sat up and looked at Trunks and her mom.  "Hi Mommy, hi Twunks."  she said smiling, but she hid back her scared look.  She remebered clearly what happened, and her heart was beating fast.

    (An: Sorry, but I think "Twunks" is a more... childish way of saying it, that's how Pan's gonna say it until she's older.)  Trunks smiled.  "Are you ok Pan?"  Trunks asked trying not to grab her and shake her to death for almost killing herself.  "Yeah, I fine Twunks, he didn't hwurt me."  she said looking down a little.  Trunks looked a little nervous. 

    "Can I take Pan home with me to stay over...  I just want her to be safe."  Trunks said honestly.  He wanted to be sure nothing bad happened to Pan.  Gohan smiled.  "Ok Trunks.  You wanna stay the night with Trunks, Pan?"  he asked his daughter.  "Yeah!"  Pan yelled happily.  "Will Bra be dare?"  she asked. 

    Trunks laughed softly.  "Yes, she will be there Pan, come on, go get your stuff to stay."  he said.  Videl and Pan ran to Pan's room and got there stuff.  While they were up there Gohan asked Trunks a question, which was simple, but not very easy to answer. 

    "Where did you take Pan?"  he asked.  'Ok, thanks Gohan!  I'll get ready to die now!'  Trunks yelled in his head.  Trunks had taken Pan to a bad park, a park in a town where murders were comitted about 4 times in one week.  The town was called Detroit.  (An: Lol, well, it is really a bad town here!)

    "I- I umm... took her- ..."  Trunks started not sure if he should tell him the truth.  "Answer the question Trunks, it's not that hard."  Gohan said.  Trunks sighed.  "I took her to thw popular park in Detroit.  I tdidn't think-"  "Your right Trunks, you didn't think."  Gohan said in a harsh whisper glaring at him.  "Don't you ever take my daughter there again, or I will kill you slowly and painfuly."  Trunks just nodded and gulped. 
 
    Pan came running into the room un-noticed.  She jerked on Trunks's shirt and got his attention.  "Wet's go now Twunks!"  Pan yelled.  (Wet's = Let's)  Trunks laughed a little and picked her up and placed her on his shoulder's.  He grabbed her bag of clothes and toys, and walked out. 


~~~~....~~~~

13 YEARS LATER....



    Pan had just turned 17 years old.  And Trunks was 27 years old.  "Stop it Bra!  Go play with Pan and leave Goten and me alone!"  Trunks yelled seeing Bra peek into his room while Goten and him were talking about who they like.  Trunks had said who he likes, so Bra had something on him.  She stepped in.  "You have to go buy me and Pan some food and video's, make-up, and some brushes."  she said.  "But I'm sure you wouldn't mind getting Pan something."  "What?"  Trunks asked.  "Why don't you make me?"  Bra pulled from behind her back a taperecorder and turned it off. 

    "I can just show this too Pan."  she rewinwound it and pushed play:

Goten:  Come on Trunks, I know you have to like someone." 
Trunks:  "... But, it would seem weird if I told you, I mean..."
Goten:  "Go on... continue.  It is Marron?"
Trunks:  "Well, no, it's Pan, I knew something like this would happen when the whole inncident happened when I was babysitting her."
Goten:  "My neice?!" 
Trunks:  He covered Goten's mouth.  "Goten!  Shut up!" 
Bra:  She giggled and dropped the recorder, than picked it up quietly.
Trunks and Goten:  They turned around and Trunks glared and Goten smiled a little.
Trunks:  "Stop it Bra!  Go play with Pan and leave Goten and me alone!"

    (An:  That sounds like something Pan and Bra would talk about.)

    Bra stopped it.  "I can make copies if you'd like, or I'll burn it and you'll go get us the things we want."  Bra laughed.  Trunks glared coldly at her and got up, grabbing his car keys.  "Come on Goten."  he said.  He nodded and followed.  Trunks shoved his sister out of the way and went to his car.  "I'm expecting you back in one hour!"  Bra yelled.  Trunks only growled a little, but Bra heard it and laughed harer and ran to her room to Pan. 

    "What was that all about Bra?"  Pan asked.  "Uhh... nothing, just getting my brother to do things for me."  Bra said sitting on the bed next to Pan.  She dropped the recorder and it hit play right after it was done rewinding.  It started playing, but right before Trunks said he likes Pan, Bra stopped it.  Pan tried to get it from Bra to listen to who he liked.

    "Aww... Bra, come on, let me hear who likes."  Pan begged.  She did her best puppy-dog look.  Bra was about to give in and hand it to her when Bulma yelled from downstairs.  "VEGETA!  GET DOWN HERE!  CLEAN YOUR DISHES!"  Bulma screamed making Pan and Bra fall over.  Everyone knew what Vegeta's response would be.  "SHUT UP WOMAN!  CLEAN THEM YOURSELF!  AND DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!  I'M NOT LISTENING TO A HUMAN!"  he yelled. 

    Pan laughed along with Bra.  Pan and Bra decided to go look in Trunks's room for anything secret, like his little "Journal".  Pan seen a picture fall from a shelf.  She picked it up and looked at it.  It was a picture of Trunks holding her as a little four year old.  Pan remebered this.  It was the day she was almost killed.  She shivered at the thought.  *Who was that man?  I never found out.  I never heard him or seen him again.*  Pan thought.  She kept thinking about it.  Going through the tunnels, meeting a dead end, hearing a voice that would make any kid cry. 

    She tried to remember what he had said to her.  She felt fear overcome her happiness of that being over.  She knew it wasn't over, he would be back.  It hit Pan.  Now she knew exactly what he had said to her.  Pan's eye's went wide. 


    ~Flashback...~


    Pan ran throught the small tunnels, her vision getting blurry with tears of fear of dying.  She heard the man say something.  But she didn't have time to find out what he had said. 

    Light was appearing as she reached the end of the tunnel, seeing Trunks.  Then she knew what the man said as he said it a second time.  "I will get you Son Pan, even if it takes me forever, you will be mine!"  he said.  Pan finally got out and ran into Trunks's arms.  She felt safe and away from danger.

    "Pan, where were you?"  Trunks had asked.  Pan didn't say, she kept crying into his chest.  Pan didn't think anyone would understand what really happened, she kept quiet.  Only she weeped as he rubbed her back and carried her home.  She snuggled closer, and let the tears fall onto his chest.


    ~End Flashback...~


    Pan felt tears int the back of her eyes.  "No..."  she whispered.  She didn't let the tears go.  She had just realized something.  She is beggining to love Trunks.  He had saved her.  If her wasn't there, what would she have followed out?  His voice led her out of danger.  Who would she run too?  What would have happened if she was stuck in there, and Trunks wasn't there?  She would have to repay him for that someday. 

    :Pan!"  Bra yelled after many attempts to get her attention.  "EARTH TO PAN!"  Pan awoke from her trance.  "Huh?  What?"  she said.  Bra grabbed her and dragged her out, but only made it Trunks's door before Trunks was there with two large bags.  He looked at Pan, with a worried look on his face.  "Are you ok?"  Pan nodded and left. 

    Later that night, while Pan was sleeping, she was dreaming about what happened when she was younger.  She tossed and turned, trying to wake up, but nothing worked.  She mummbles Trunks's name a couple times.  Tears ran down her cheeks and onto her pillow.  Videl walked in, and seen her.  "Pan!"  she yelled.  Pan woke up and looked around.  "Pan, are you ok?"  Videl asked.  "Yeah, I'm fine mom."  Pan answered in a soft voice, trembling. 

    "Ok, go to sleep, good night."  Videl said kissing Pan's cheek and walking out, shutting the door.  Pan sighed.  "I'll never get over this!"  she said.  She got out of bed and sat on the frame of her window, looking at the moon.  He neighbors were all sleeping.  It was 3:45 in the morning, she didn't want to go back to sleep, knowing she would have that dream again.  She hated it.

    She began to stop worrying, and thought about something else, someone else.  Trunks.  She thought of his handsom face, and his great body.  Pan snapped out of her thoughts and hit herself.  "Why am I thinking about him like that?!"  Pan yelled at herself.  She leaned back against the window frame and looked at the ground.  "He's only a freind, he would never love me, our age is so... far apart.  I bet he loves that prepy bitch Marron."  Looking up, Pan saw the bright stars, and the dark blue sky.

    Soon, she began thinking about Trunks's deep blue eyes.  She smiled to herself.  She cared no longer that Trunks didn't love her, it only mattered now, that she loved him.  Nothing would stop her.  She yawned twice and was about to fall out the window, just thinking about Trunks.  She stopped herself and looked down.  "If only Trunks were mine, then everything would be-"  she was cut off.  Pan heard this voice somewhere.  It sounded like... it couldn't be. "Perfect..."  a soft, mysterious voice said, with a laugh after.    


~~~~~That's the end of that chapter!  I'm only making about three chapters.~~

*I hope you all liked it!  My first fanfic!  If you have any ideas for my next couple of chapters, E-mail me at XxSxyTeenPanxX@AOL.com!*  R&R



~Cecily