Title: Yearning for Love 2/?
Author: Yami no Kaiba
Series: Yugioh
Rating: R
Pairing: Yami/Seto (Seto’s name in Egypt is Set) and Set/Osirus (one-sided)
Summary: The pharaoh’s Shadow Realm deck held all the Blue Eyes White Dragon cards, and there’s a myth that a god’s soul had been sealed into one of those cards. Yami decides to see if this is true.
Disclaimer: If I got money off of these stories, I wouldn’t be posting them on the net. I don’t own the characters, because if I did, Seto and Yami would be making out almost every episode.
WARNING: Graphic scenes (i.e. gore), suicide attempt, yaoi (duh), extreme lime almost lemon content, etc.
Note: I'll add more pairings, perhaps. Depends on how you peeps review. Also, incase this chapter really confuses you, here's a bit of clear-up ahead of time. Set has a mental defense against extreme emotions to protect his mind from being torn apart. He's been in this mind set for so long, it took five days of isolation for his mind to feel safe enough to drop the defense. Basicly it's one of my idea's on why he's such a bastard at times.

*---*---Set's POV of his Past---*---*

As Annubis and Maat teleported me into the throne room, the crash of intense hate nearly made my knees buckle beneath me. If it hadn't been for the shattered pieces of my pride, I would have let myself fall. They were my enemy now, and the lessons that had been ingrained into my mind since birth screamed at me not to let my guard down, to show the pain the constantly fluctuating emotions were causing.

As the god's around me listed the reasons for their actions, I hastily tried to erect a mental block. However, I had started to build it to late and I could feel the very foundation blocks blown away as I welt a sharp spike in the hatred from Isis and Horus.

All of the emotions were to much and with an almost audible click I could feel my mind shift and lock in place.

*---*---Out of Set's POV---*---*

In the middle of the long list, Isis and Horus suddenly stood up from their sitting positions, glaring murderously at Set.

"Stop talking, he's not even paying attention!" Isis cried pointing accusingly towards Set, who was looking towards the floor. His hair had fallen forward, shadowing his upper face but revealing the sudden emergence of a smirk, a large contrast to his previous look of strain.

"Oh contraire, bitch of my dear departed brother, I've been listening quite well. In fact, you were just talking about when I slaughtered the priests of Lower Egypt. The second time, might I add. I'll have to thank you for that, I had almost forgotten about those beautiful screams," he finished with a note of longing in his voice.

"See?! This is why he should be restrained! He doesn't even regret what he's done!"

Set looked at her and she stepped back a step, startled by the cold intensity in those blue eyes and the paleness of his new complexion created by the blood lost from his attempted suicide. "Cut the righteous crap, dear sister. I know for a fact some of you have done the same kind of things at one point or another, and most of you could care less about what happens to the mortals. There's only one real reason why I'm here, and at least I'm honest enough to admit it, unlike all you benevolent gods."

"Is that so, Setty? And just what are you admitting to?" A voice, strong and supple, came from the door.

The cruel, evil look that had saturated his features seemed to disappear for a moment. His body language screamed confusion. "Siri?" Just as quickly as it had disappeared, Set's darker nature quickly reasserted itself to protect Set's mind from being blasted apart by the still uncontrolled emotions being radiated by the gods.

"So, the god that died yet was given life again by the creator appears to watch the last few moments of his condemned brother's life before being sealed away for an indeterminate amount of time." His cruel smile widened as his already angular eyes narrowed in anticipated pleasure. "Oh, wait, did I say brother? What I meant was his murderer."

His eyes closed and his body tensed briefly before the new tracks that were deep from constant use before his isolation converted the pain into pleasure. Set reached out, determined to know the full impact of his words on his brother, but what he found just made him pull back in shock which quickly turned to anger.

There was nothing there, nothing, at least, for Set. There was only love, love for someone other than him. He opened his eyes and turned sharply, seeing Osirus's eyes not on him, but on Isis.

Maat and Annubis stepped back as Set's folded wings extended in an audible snap, his forked tail raising from its previous rest. The cobalt blue aura of his magic that was surrounding his form caused many of the collected gods to move back in fright, memories of similar scenes in their minds eye. "For once in your life, brother, you could bother to pretend to pay attention to me!"

Nut stamped her foot, her feathered, white wings expanding slightly in her agitation. "Set, stop this foolishness right now!"

Set whirled around, dark navy blue swirls of energy pulsing through his aura in his anger. His leathery wings flapping briefly to keep his balance. "No, you sit down and shut up, mother!" Nut sank back onto her stool, shock written across her face. Never before in anyone's memories had Set not listened to Nut.

Geb [1] stood up and threw his arm out pointing towards the area on the floor that contained the two gods and Set. "Maat! Annubis! Contain Set! He's obviously out of control and if we wish to put a stop to the death of another god, we should do this now!"

First glancing at each other, the two gods came up behind Set and both placed a hand on one of his shoulders, and using their powers in concert they smothered the immortal's magic.

Set hissed and his wings folded rapidly against his back, his tail swishing back and forth in an effort to release the now pent-up energy.

Eight of the older gods stepped forward going to their pre-decided compass rose points. Set grinned sardonically as he was led to the center of their circle and ended up being face to face to Osirus. Even as the gods started their chant and Annubis and Maat left the ring before they too were caught by the spell, Set started talking, seemingly to himself.

"So this is the way it goes. You know, the full reasons and story behind my deeds, they're as corny as a mortals story[2]." The chant grew in volume as spell ingredients off to the side burst into flame and the slight breeze that came through the room turned gradually into a gale. "Perhaps I should end this like a mortals story… You know, I think I will. It would be interesting to feel your response. And this is the perfect dramatic moment, don't you think?"

As the last repetition of the chant started, Set's eyes seemed to soften as his mind switched tracks for the last few moments of his freedom. "I love you, Siri."

Just befor his soul was locked away, he felt something that made him wish to take those so few innocent, heart felt words back.

Complete and utter disgust.

*---*---*---*---*

The snap of breaking bones reverberated through the silent room as the dead weight of the now soulless body of the God of Chaos and Destruction fell upon it's fragile wings, breaking them and shoving the shafts straight through the ribcage, piercing both lungs while a stray splinter cut the amniotic sac around it’s heart.

The wristbands it was wearing glowed softly and disappeared, revealing the self-inflicted injuries and allowing the little blood that still flowed through the body's system to flow out once more.

Some gods turned away without a second look without remorse well other did the same, being disturbed by the open glazed sapphire eyes.

Annubis looked upon the body of his most misunderstood relative with pity in his eyes. He had heard Set's last words and seen the heart break in his eyes for the brief second before his soul was taken.

Annubis left the rapidly dying body and walked to Maat, who held Set's prison in her hands. She looked up at him, tears in her eyes. "Must we give it away?"

Annubis merely nodded as the two gods teleported into the pharaoh's palace. Appearing in the throne room, they strode down the aisle way, ignoring the hurriedly prostrating mortals around them. As they reached the steps to the dais, they waited for Horus's son to come to them.

"We god's have decided to give you and your family a gift to help you in the Shadow Realm. Maat."

Maat stepped forward and placed four summoning cards into the pharaoh's hands. "With in one is the soul of a god. Protect them well." Even as the court was still reeling in shock, the two teleported home.

*---*---Back to Ancient Egypt---*----*

Yami opened the door, slipping back into his room and watched to make sure he closed the door quietly. As he turned around he froze.

Lying there on it's side, a wing spread out behind it and one arched forward and covering it like a blanket was a demon on Yami's bed.

The sound of a suppressed sob caused Yami's natural instincts to run melt away. Approaching the bed cautiously, he gingerly lifted the leathery dragon wing. What he saw made his breath catch.

A lanky, naked youth was before him, slim yet toned with the palest skin Yami had ever seen. It the soft moonlight it seemed he had silky short brown hair, a forked tail, white leather triple buckled wristbands on both his arms that seemed to pulse with magic[3].

Before he could stop himself, Yami sat down on the edge of the bed, running a hand on the boy's back in soothing circles. "Shhh… It'll be ok, you'll see."

Yami's breath caught again as beautiful wet sapphire orbs opened and stared at him, expressing the deepest sorrow the young pharaoh had never before seen. "H-how can it be?"

Till the late hours of the morning the young pharaoh tried to comfort the crying god, till both fell into an exhausted slumber.

*---*---*---*---*

[1] Geb is Nut's husband.

[2] If you only new the truth, Set-sama. ^_^

[3] I bought a pair of these at Hot Topics and I can't get over them! I wear them as often as I can, and I can't stop describing them.

--To be Continued.

Email: feedback