Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu-gi-oh or any of the characters within, but the story plot is mine. Please ask if you want to do something like it.

Warnings: This is a shonen-ai, yaoi, and an AU.

Manacle of Ra
Prologue - Appearance
By: Yami no Kaiba

Yugi cried out as he threw a hand in front of his eyes, shielding them from the magic light emitting from Pegasus’ sennen eye. When he could look back, Kaiba was passed out on the floor. An immense fear smothered the boy. "What did you do to Seto?!" he yelled at the pale haired man.

"Why, only captured his soul, like your grandfather and his brother, Yugi," the older man smiled menacingly as he held up a card with it’s back facing Yugi. The man blinked in astonishment for a moment. "Well, THIS is certainly interesting!" Turning the card, Yugi blinked in surprise as well.

Unlike Mokuba’s card, Seto’s soul was sitting beside a cliff edge, his left knee drawn up, his other leg stretched before him, facing the left border of the card. His right arm was resting on his knee and griped in his hand was the sennen rod, point towards the ground. His left arm was supporting his upper body weight by propping himself against the ground behind him. His head was bowed in what looked like regret or sorrow, his blue eyes staring blankly into his lap. In the background was the horizon of the ocean at sunset and three dragon shapes flying in the sky against the light.

But the weirdest part of all was his style of clothes. Wearing an iridescent plain white sleeveless shirt with black, slightly baggy pants with a gold hued sash tied around his waist and a gold torque resting on his shoulders and hiding the lower part of his neck. Curling around the upper bicep of his left arm was a thin gold arm band that didn’t connect but was crafted to look like a two headed snake (one head on either end), a few bangles on his wrist. A solid, wider armband wrapped around the upper bicep of his right arm, a manacle on that wrist with the raised relief of a circle with a point in the exact middle.

*---*---*---*---*

Seto groaned as he opened his eyes. What had happened? The last thing he remembered was Pegasus using his Ultimate Blue Eyes against him with the dragon capture jar and the dragon charmer combo (You know, the combo he used against Yugi’s Kamori Dragon in the timed battle?) ...

His thoughts stopped and his breath caught as he opened his eyes to see crimson ones staring down at him in worry. He felt his heart skip a beat for a moment. His arrant mind catching up to him, reminding him that the lovely being in front of him was no other than his hated rival, he forced himself back to breathing and sitting up to break eye contact.

Looking at his surroundings and finding that he was no longer indoors but Yugi’s lackeys, grandfather, and Mokuba to his right, Kaiba turned to the spiky haired kid and gave him a glare, figuring Yami would be smart enough to figure out what Seto wanted.

Luckily for him, the Game King caught on. "We’re on the beach of the island. When Pegasus defeated you, he sealed your soul in a card, like my grandfather and your brother. When I defeated him, your soul and theirs were released. For some reason though, they woke up and you didn’t. We didn’t want to waist time, so Honda and Jounouchi carried you this far."

Seto nodded and scrambled to stand up. As his right jacket sleeve shifted, he noticed a flash of gold as it pulled up slightly for a moment. Curious, Seto pushed his sleeve back, revealing the manacle from the card picture on his wrist glowing softly.

Yami’s eyes widened as he saw the raised relief on the gold object. "That’s one of the symbols of Ra!"

Seto shrugged. "Who cares?" Examining it, he tried to find a catch to take it off. When he didn’t find one, he opted for trying to slide it off. Miffed and getting slightly irritated that it wouldn’t come off, Seto eyed each of the gathered members except for Mokuba with an icy glare. "Very funny. Now which one of you put this on me and how do I take it off?"

Everyone stared back at him in confusion. "Ano... Kaiba-san, weren’t you wearing that before?" asked Anzu.

Seto gave her his full attention, making Anzu shiver in fear from the evil way he was looking at her. "Of course not! I don’t wear jewelry, except for this locket," he said, taking out the locket that held his little brother’s picture.

Yami blinked as his aibou sent him some information. "But your image was wearing it in the card your soul was sealed into..."

Seto looked at him. "Like I’d know that," he said in a scathing tone.

"If you weren’t wearing it before, then maybe it materialized when your soul reentered your body," Yami continued, brushing aside Seto’s comment.

Seto’s eyes narrowed. "If that’s so, then there’s only one question left. Why?"

--To be Continued.

Email: feedback