Title: Enlightenment
Author: Yami no Kaiba
Fandom: Star Trek: TOS or XI
Rating: PG
Pairing: Spock/McCoy
Length: 283 words

Summary: Spock's drunk, and Leonard can't believe his eyes.
Disclaimers: I do not own the characters or the concepts of Star Trek in any of its forms.

*---*---*---*---*

Note: I don't, actually, know that much about dancing besides that I'm terrible at it. However, when I reference Spock as dancing, I see him following the movements of this dance, because of its emphasis on hand gestures – a Vulcan ideal feature – and I can see it as a dance/music style used by pre-Reform Vulcans who were desert nomads. I know this Indian dance style is normally performed by women, but heck, Vulcans seem to be the kind of culture that believes in gender equality.

*---*---*

Leonard blinked.

And blinked again, and when that still didn’t change reality, pressed the heels of his palms against his eyes and rubbed. Certainly he couldn't have seen...?

'Oh fucking Lord Almighty,' he thought when it became apparent that yes, he had seen what he'd thought he'd seen.

Spock was dancing, and not just dancing, but dancing like an Orion slave girl.

Leonard blinked again, and then watched, mesmerized as those long slender hands flashed about into different gestures.

No, his observation wasn't quite right – Orions typically performed a type of belly dance: lots of skin and jiggles that brought attention to the person's form, to highlight the sexual attractiveness of the dancer.

This was... different. More ritualistic, the way his hands were twining together and then apart, first in one place and then another. Sure, there were a few body wriggles here and there, but it was Spock's hands that drew the attention.

Those hands were saying something, but for the life of him, Leonard didn't know what. But there was such sureness behind the gestures, behind the deliberate paces forward, backwards, and to the sides despite Spock's obviously intoxicated state – the pointy-eared bastard was smiling after all – that it was obvious this was something he'd been taught at the basic level of teaching along with the Vulcan alphabet and numerical system.

Spock's hands flashed up towards his eyes, briefly framing them, and the look – it was pure sultry confidence; the type of come-hither look girls typically gave Jim.

Suddenly nervous, Leonard ignored his earlier promise to cut himself off and took another deep swig from his hipflask.

Fuck the hangover tomorrow – he needed the liquid courage to take up this challenge.

--Fin.

Email: feedback