Title: Classroom Discipline
Author: Yami no Kaiba
Fandom: Naruto
Rating: PG
Pairing: Kakashi/Iruka

Summary: Kakashi has some fun, much to Iruka’s annoyance.
Disclaimers: Masashi Kishimoto owns all Naruto characters.

*---*---*---*---*

Iruka knew, just from the sheer *quietness* of his classroom, that when he opened the door he'd be confronted with something *bad*.

Because a supposed room full of thirty-so-ninja-wannabes was never, *ever* that quite. Unless one bright scamp got it into their head to play a prank on the sensei, and managed to charismatically drag his or her classmates into the prank.

When thirty-so-mannerless-and-morally-deficient children worked together, it was a very, *very* bad situation indeed to walk into.

Iruka should know, as he'd been one of those 'bright scamps' when he was younger.

So with his senses at their sharpest, and dread curling in the pit of his stomach, Iruka tucked the notes for his lecture on the twelve basic hand seals under his arm and drew the sliding door for his classroom aside.

A cursory glance revealed no trip-wires or explosive tags, no eraser or bucket of liquids to drop on his head, no rude drawings or derogatory words etched into the chalkboard. Just twenty-nine children of various gender and stature sitting in their assigned seats. Just as it should be.

They shouldn't, however, all be watching the floor on the other side of Iruka's desk that intently.

His fingers twitched, and he hastily took hold of his notes once more before his hands decided to grab hold of much more deadlier weapons. "Good morning, class."

Twenty-nine voices replied automatically, and yet not one child looked in his direction. It was enough to make his dread triple as he warily crossed the space to his desk.

And promptly did a full body twitch of irritation and annoyance. "Kakashi-sensei..."

The figure of said sensei merely turned another page of his scandalously indecent reading material. "Yes, Iruka-sensei?"

"Just why are you lying on the ground next to my desk?" For indeed, the silver-haired jounin was laying there, ankles crossed and lean body seemingly not able to tell the difference between a comfy cushioned couch and a hard wood floor, it seemed so lax and comfortable.

The masked ninja hummed before replying, as he continued to keep his attention on the--Iruka mentally coughed--romantic literature. "Why, I was merely waiting for a black cat to walk across my path."

Pure irritation and frustration caused him to twitch again, and rethink his earlier commitment to keep his hands off of the more sharp and pointy weapons of his arsenal. "*Kakashi-sensei*, you are disrupting my class. Now, why are you lying there?"

Another page turned as a single blue eye raised above the orange book cover to pointedly stare at him. "You don't want to know why I'm lying here, Iruka-sensei. Or, should I say, you wouldn't want the *children* to know why I'm lying here."

Iruka flushed. Most of his students tittered. Kakashi merely chuckled in amusement.

Iruka immediately assigned Kakashi to writing 'I will not lie on the ground and tell people that they don't want to know why I'm lying there.' two-hundred times on the blackboard while Iruka went through his lesson plan for the day.

And Team 7 got a very truthful, though unbelievable reason for why their sensei was late that day.

"Yo, minna-san. Sorry I'm late, but I got up this morning to have a black cat cross my path, where it promptly had me writing a particular sentence two-hundred times repeatedly on a blackboard."

"*Liar*!"

--Fin.

Email: feedback