Yami no Kaiba: *Sighs and smiles impishly.* If you ever decide to check out our fanart you’ll notice that I’m the better drawer of the pair. However, I must admit that Black Rose is the better writer here. Anyway, the prank coming up I got from watching a movie, something about a French nanny or something, can’t remember the name exactly but it showed quite a lot on the Family Channel and when I read chapter seven, I thought, wow, this is perfect! So here we go!

War of the Hexes.
Chapter 8 – Falling glass.
By: Black Rose and Yami no Kaiba

"You’d think an eternal cat would be quieter," Severus grouched under his breath as he stood before the stone gargoyle leading up to Albus’s office and suit. In his arms was Blaize, squirming around and trying to meow. Severus however wasn’t about to let the kitten screw up his chances for a good prank and had done a silencing charm on her.

After making a lot of noise in various parts of the castle to distract Filch from where he REALLY wanted to be, Severus had started on his way to the ugly statue. Only a few moments ago the two had passed by a window, and the little puff ball had spotted Fluffy. For some reason Blaize obviously felt that the stupid mutt was entreating on her territory because upon sight of the dog the little mass of fur had been trying to get out of Severus’s hands.

Deciding it was for the better and that he’d make it up to her latter, Severus put Blaize into his right sleeve and took out his wand from his left. Whispering the password to the stone gargoyle ("Canary Creams" of all things) Severus stepped onto the stairs and waited patiently as they deposited him in front of the Headmasters door.

Creating the first of many emerald green wine glasses in the same way that Albus had once drawn a chair for Sibyl for Christmas dinner not two years back, Severus went straight to work.

*---*---*---*---*

Filch was in a royal snit fit Thursday morning. After staying up all night having to clean up various accidents that had happened around the castle, like the trophy cases being knocked over and scattering all the trophies around the room, he was in a very vindictive mood.

Most students noticed and stayed clear away from him and made triple sure they weren’t doing anything to antagonize the man. However, that didn’t stop Filch from giving detention to twelve students for nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Severus was lucky for once and hadn’t been one of those unfortunates. So instead he was seated at the table for breakfast, looking unusually curious as he kept looking towards the main doors every few minutes with a green furball splayed out on his left shoulder, purring contently into his ear.

After setting up his little prank, Severus had went back to the dormitory, letting Blaize out of his sleeve, to catch a nap in the time he had left before he woke up an hour before breakfast so he’d have first crack at the hot water in the showers. Before leaving he had emptied his sleeves of all items on his bed.

That had been a treat, to see the faces of the other boys as he took out things from the crystal vile to a medium sized box full of filibuster fireworks he had sneaked out of Filch’s office while the man had been busy fixing the messes he had caused. He had a feeling that the box had been confiscated from the Weasley twins, but hey, it was their loss and his gain! Putting items he didn’t need back into his trunk when the others left to take their showers, he had grabbed his Charms and Transfiguration texts stuffing both in his left sleeve with his parchments, notes, ink well, and quill.

At that moment there was a great booming sound as the doors slammed into the walls as Dumbledore was shown storming towards them about a few feet away from the threshold with his hand still held out as if he had flicked his wrist to the side. In his other hand he held an emerald green wine glass.

Almost everyone in the room either sat in shock or shrank into their seats in great fear as the usually cheerful and overly optimistic man stalked into the room. Few people could say that they had ever seen the Headmaster in such a state, and of those few none but Snape had ever seen it more than once.

Now that privileged few had been added to by the entire school and Snape’s position added by one person, Harry Potter.

Harry remembered far to well the last time Dumbledore had looked this way. The end of last year when he had been arguing with Fudge had been the time, and that had ended in a parting of the ways.

Severus tried vainly to hide his smile of triumph. From the look of things his plan had worked! Quickly hiding his smile, Severus pretended not to have noticed the old sorcerer’s grand entrance and returned to his breakfast, pouring a saucer of milk for Blaize.

Severus suppressed the urge to jump as Dumbledore loomed over him, slamming the glass on the table with enough force it was amazing it didn’t shatter right beside him.

"Yours, I believe?" However the tone gave the question an air of a statement. Albus’s voice was nearly a whisper, but it carried through out the hall as if he had shouted.

Many people in the hall were amazed by the way the Headmaster acted like Snape the Professor at that moment. And why not? Severus had learned everything he knew about intimidating from the best!

Severus pretended to stare in surprise at the glass. "Why, thank you, Albus! Why, I noticed just this morning that I had misplaced it and several dozen others just like it during the night. Pray tell, Albus, where did you find them?"

"You will address me as Headmaster. The glasses were right outside my door, Snape. Piled eight levels high, might I add. Did you know, Snape, that my office door opens outwards?"

"It does, Headmaster?" He asked in pretended puzzlement.

Dumbledore lowered his head till the two were nose to nose. "Indeed, Mr. Snape. What is the maximum amount of points I’ve taken off of you from one stunt?"

"I believe it was a hundred, sir."

"Two hundred points from Slytherin, Mr. Snape, as well as a month of detention."

Dumbledore straightened up and ignoring the amazed and frightened stares swept on to his chair. Once seated he smiled brightly as if nothing had happened.

The rest of breakfast was spent in total silence.

*---*---*---*---*

Those in Slytherin house were NOT happy with the actions of their former Head of House. And Severus could tell from the angry looks passed his way he had another scheduled beating coming up.

That is, if they could catch him.

Spending too much time over eating his breakfast, Severus managed it so that he was the last one in the room. Taking his wand out of his left sleeve and putting Blaize onto his shoulder, Severus waved concentric circles over and around his head three times before bringing his wand down sharply reversed with a firm, "abeo."

Smirking as he watched his arms and body disappear, Severus put his visible wand back into his left sleeve and slipped out of the room.

*---*---*---*---*

Creeping up behind a first year Huffelpuff that was at this moment picking up his spilled books since his bag had *accidentally* ripped open, Severus hovered his hands over the child’s head. "Hareriya Changus," he whispered as the green bunny ears appeared on the latest victim.

Nimbly haring off himself, Severus rounded a corner just in time to see Fred and George starting to sneak into an unused classroom. Ah, perhaps now was the time to get back at them for that exploding potion last year that had colored his potion classroom pink.

Concentrating, Severus brought up both hands, palms out facing the two boys. "Colourex Lamdara," he whispered gleefully as he watched both boy’s flame red hair turn emerald green.

Dashing off before the two could figure out what had happened, Severus pelted towards the Charm’s room.

Being invisible was so much fun! There were now a dozen cases of sudden green hair, twenty-one cat tails (for good luck, he reasoned), and seventeen pairs of bunny ears. And no one had witnessed him. Of course, the color would mark him, but hey, what was the point of pranking if you were not gonna get in trouble?

Sliding into the almost filled Charms room, Severus looked around at the class and Professor Flitwick. Still pumped with adrenaline, Severus sneaked up behind the little Charms Professor. He couldn’t help it, it just seemed like such a perfect idea!

Picking up all the chalk, Severus stuffed it into his right sleeve. Walking out of the room, Severus slipped into a room opposite and closed the door.

Taking out his wand, Severus did the concentric circles clockwise this time three times. Bringing the wand down sharply reversed with a firm, "exsisto!"

Severus took Blaize off his shoulder looking at the sleepy kitten. Taking off his wizards hat, he placed Blaize on his head, allowing the kitten to curl up and fall asleep. Tapping the hat and muttering, "Resardin," Severus replaced his wand in his left sleeve and put on his now almost see through hat.

*---*---*---*---*

Yami no Kaiba: Eh, I know it’s short, but I REALLY don’t want or know how to continue at this moment, so I’ll hand it over to the quite good filler writer, Black Rose! Now I’m off to grouse about the fact that I’m in school again well other’s aren’t.

--To be Continued.

Email: feedback